Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes - Awakened Rivals / Demo Available

Not on PC ATM so I'll update this when I get a chance later on.

Major takeaways -

Wolves confirmed.

Voiced Byleth in cutscenes.

A teatime substitute.

Hi Shamir and Seteth (I guess Saint mode Rhea too).

Demo out now, play up to Chapter 4 of each of the three routes - progress carries over to main game.

~~~

I know that there are preview videos out there as well, feel free to post them.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can honestly say that I was not expecting the Ashen Wolves to be playable in the base game.

The demo being available now is neat. I'd probably try it, but I'm busy with other games; ironically, I'm still trying to complete my first Azure Moon playthrough.

A very interesting situation during the God is a Geek preview:

Spoiler

Both a Kronya and Monica appear, as separate characters?!

Also with regards to the Kingdom:

Spoiler

It's a power struggle between Rufus (who appears to be garnering favour from the Western lords) and House Fraldarius... That's of course not to say that Cornelia may be pulling strings as well, but...

Shez`s "super form" looks like something out of a shounen anime and I love it.

Also, Byleth talks now! Curious to see if this affects their perception in the community in anyway. Either way, it will be nice to hear Zach Alliguar and Jeanne Tirado do more than recite grunts and occasional battle-cries.

Got a massive chuckle out of seeing that there will be another tea-time esque event.

Surprised to see the Ashen Wolves available in the game at base.

Also, Chruch characters, finally! Still don`t know if they are playable, but glad to see them here.

Edited by Metal Flash

Okay I’m going to work rn so don’t have time to go in depth into my thoughts but I’m summary:

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH OH MY GOD IM SO HYPED RIGHT NOW

Wolves appearing audibly made me cheer which was a shock, and everything just looked so hype. I don’t have time to analyse the trailer but holy crap am I hyped. I think the game is actually gonna surpass my expectations 

The progress will carry over to the main game? And we get to play up to Chapter 4 for each routes?

Ashen Wolves are in (base game)?! 

Damn. That's too good. Will try it out this week-end.

OH MY GOODNESS WHAT A WAY TO WAKE UP THIS MORNING!

Ashen Wolves? Byleth actually speaking? Tea parties? Playable demo where we get to play EACH route? 

Really glad I had lowered my expectations this week, 'cause this was an amazing surprise. Peace out guys, gonna start downloading that chunky 7 GB demo and start sink into some gameplay right away!

Today is a good day.

I have so much to say but I'm barely into the demo!

I adored the new intro movie, Byleth speaking was great, and Shez's story is more believable than I thought at first glance. I'm still choosing Blue Lions for my first runthrough, at least up until the demo ends. But I'm so curious about that denial offer! Does that start a fourth path? Has anyone tried it yet?

Have to sleep as I have work tomorrow but just reached the first mission after you choose your house.

Seems like there are no S supports in this game (at least with the students) as the maximum support is A. However, not sure if they decided to keep the idea of how A supports can also lead to paired endings. 

Another weird thing is that Felix and Mercedes only have a C support (no B and A). I believe they're the only pair in Blue Lions to only have one support conversation. 

Edit: Seems like although some pairs have multiple support levels, there is still only 1 conversation to be had between them. (i.e Dedue and Ingrid's support levels go up to A but it seems like the only support level with a conversation is A).

Edited by zuibangde

I played the prologue of the game so far, and I'm liking it. Byleth being this big boss in the beginning was daunting. She was just taking zero damage from that Warrior strike thing.

My meetings for work are starting so I'll have to  play more later.

Also Nintendo got us Fire Emblem fans with the Three Hopes bait then opened the Xenoblade special edition preorders a few minutes later. Time for Waiting Room Hell.....

2 hours ago, zuibangde said:

Edit: Seems like although some pairs have multiple support levels, there is still only 1 conversation to be had between them. (i.e Dedue and Ingrid's support levels go up to A but it seems like the only support level with a conversation is A).

Sounds like the same deal as the first Fire Emblem Warriors. Pretty much what I expected would happen.

43 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Honestly probably for the best. Supports can really bog down the pace, and fewer conversations means higher quality. 

Plus it probably wouldn't be easy to do entire support chains for characters that already had them.

Like, Dimitri and Felix for example already have an in-depth support chain in Three Houses. What more can you really do with them for another in Three Hopes.

27 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Plus it probably wouldn't be easy to do entire support chains for characters that already had them.

Like, Dimitri and Felix for example already have an in-depth support chain in Three Houses. What more can you really do with them for another in Three Hopes.

I originally agreed, but after seeing 3 of the four first Azure Gleam chapters, my answer is now "a LOT." Well, for some anyways. Dimitri and Felix's entire relationship is different this time around due to the events of the prologue. But I feel like I need to see more of the game before I can say that's the case for sure. 

I'm slightly disappointed that, going by the trailer, the Ashen Wolves seem to be basic classes (Assassin, Brawler, Gremory, Dark Knight) instead of their DLC classes, especially War Monk and Dark Flier, but I'm just happy to see them make it in at all.