Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes - Awakened Rivals / Demo Available

Hapi looks perfect I'm playing  Golden Deer now man I'm  so hyped  about Hapi omg  the trailer was epic man Holy 

I cried happy  tears

This game will be a day one for me already preordered it

Everyone enjoy and is Rhea playable  do we have  any leaks  on that 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish we knew if there was New Game Plus or not... 😅 I kinda wanna start all the routes in the demo, but I don't want to if there will be New Game Plus stuff...

15 minutes ago, DancingDanny said:

I wish we knew if there was New Game Plus or not... 😅 I kinda wanna start all the routes in the demo, but I don't want to if there will be New Game Plus stuff...

Oh that's a good point! Even if they don't carry over, it may be nice to know what all the routes offer at the beginning...and to prolong the demo experience. 

Wow, been playing through the demo since this morning, and I gotta say, they have been very generous with the content they've offered in the four hours I've played. I selected Black Eagles for my first run through and these are my quick observations regarding the story and features so far (LENGTHY SPOILERS INCOMING)

Spoiler

- Prologue: We get our first mission as Shez with his fellow mercenaries. As expected, his troop is killed off and we get our first confrontation with Byleth, finally represented as a full-fledged character with her own dialogue! Shez battles Byleth, and it's immediate obvious how intimidating the Ashen Demon is. As Byleth overpowers Shez and goes for the killing blow, Arval awakens and protects Shez, granting him the transformation we've seen in the trailers so far. Byleth makes a comment about how different Shez's fighting abilities suddenly are and retreats once Jeralt confirms their objective is already accomplished. Shez faints and we get a cutscene with both him and Arval. I'll admit, their dynamic has been pretty entertaining so far, a bit more enjoyable so far compared to Byleth and Sothis, since the protagonist can actually talk back with their spirit companion. 

- Chapter 1: Shez and Arval meet up with Edelgard, Dmitri and Claude, akin to the very first mission in Three Houses, in which Shez effectively replacing Byleth's role. This mission leans to act more of a tutorial on how to switch characters, how certain weapons are more effective against others, etc. Alois enters the mission and we manage to defeated the bandit leader right away, creating another difference from the Three Houses' story, where he originally escaped to the Red Canyon. The Knights of Seiros encourage Shez to join them at their camp, where we end up meeting the rest of the students and have a chance to talk and learn about them, akin to our first day at the academy as Byleth in Three Houses. 

- Chapter 2: Shez ends up joining the others back to Garreg Mach, where Lady Rhea and Seteth convinces us to join the academy as a student. After choosing your house, we are assigned our professor. Since Byleth wasn't hired, we end up having Jeritza as our teacher! A funny twist I wasn't expecting, but a welcome one in my book. Eventually, the Black Eagles are sent on their first mission and find themselves at a hideout. Turns out bandits are located there and have a captive Monica chained up in a dungeon. In the middle of the mission, she is rescued and joins the Black Eagles, confirming her as a playable student! I didn't expect her to be accessible so soon in the game already, but I am already enjoying her character. It's really nice to see how the original Monica acts since we never got the chance in Three Houses. Monica fans will be really happy of her inclusion with the rest of the Black Eagles. 

- Chapter 3: where the Black Eagles head back to Enbarr to fight against Lord Arundel after Tomas identity is blown right away, confirmed by Monica who says he was the one that kidnapped her in the first place. This revelation supposedly confirms Edelgard's suspicion towards her uncle, so she and half of the Black Eagles students (Ferdinand, Caspar, Lindhard and Bernadetta remain at the academy) head out on a mission to take the capital from Arundel. Surprisingly, both Count Bergliez AND Count Hevrig appear to help out Edelgard in the battle. Even Count Varley after the mission! Gotta admit, did no expect either Lindhardt and Bernadetta's respective parents to appear at all. But it's great that we're getting more in-depth looks at the student's family members. 

- Eventually reached the beginning of Chapter 4 where the time-skip finally happens and the game still keeps going! We're introduced to the game's main hub where the camp is and we learn about how the facilities work. First thing that's unlocked for us? Both Jeritza and Manuela are given to us a playable units! Like WHAT already!? The game still keeps giving us more surprises! With a Church member confirmed playable, I'm a bit uncertain if there will still be a Church route. With how they're being represented in the story, it feels as if they'll remain as the opposing force our army will face later on, but who knows what kind of other twists will happen in the plot.

- Chapter 4 introduces us to the map option, where we can apparently begin plotting our way to the current chapter's objective, which is Garrag Mach in this case. In between our camp and destination however, there appear to be separate areas our army needs to take over before making progress, which I assume each area will be represented as missions themselves. I haven't delved into the feature yet, but to imagine that this demo is still giving us this feature to explore - in which I expected it to end already, is mind-blowing.

- Things of note within the camp are the training instructor where we can level up our units, promote their classes and train together. An interesting feature is that we can train not just one pair of units, but three groups at the same time, all effectively using one point of stamina to train six units together. With this option, I managed to get more than half of the Black Eagles into their respective preferred classes already. Pretty efficient way to level up your units and to try out each class with them, if you choose to do so. Also, the mock battle option to test out their abilities is a welcome addition.

- Oh, and the Gatekeeper also made his way into the camp! Glad to hear his "greetings" once again, although not as the professor anymore 😞

- In terms of the Ashen Wolves, they've only been mentioned in a document found around the camp hub. Apparently, the respective four's identities are known and their group still remain in the Abyss after the time-skip. We might not be able to play them until the full game is released, however.

Man, I'm exhausted (in a good way) with everything the demo has given us, and I feel like there's still so much to get through, not even including what the Blue Lion's and Golden Deer routes have to offer! I know my thoughts appear scrambled through my summary above, but cannot express enough how satisfied with what we've gotten in the demo so far. The wait for it after the "leak" was definitely worth it, and now I'm even more excited for the full game to release in the coming weeks!

I'm playing the demo now and I like Arval and Shez. I think I keep leaning into the humorous options and Arval just keeps making me laugh. Especially when he's chewing Shez out getting himself killed so many times! The gameplay isn't too bad, but I want to play a little more to ensure it won't wear on me later on. But definitely considering picking this up!

I am glad it is now confirmed supports are pretty much the same as FE Warriors. So many people on the internet were overhyping supports without realizing this is a warrior's game first Fire Emblem game second the odds of full supports or paired endings were slim too none. I am also willing to bet there will be no epilogue endings either.

Edited by assassingriskell

I've been playing the Demo on the Black Eagles route. All I can say is how much I missed the setting and the characters. Considering I don't play FEH anymore, seeing them here again is great and I'm loving every second of it. I may end up disappearing for a bit when the game releases, as all I want to do is keep playing.
-- I did notice not everything is voiced, unlike in Three Houses. Only certain camp ("monastery") dialogue is voiced, the rest goes Awakening style with some quips and the rest is read. I don't mind as I can read through the stuff faster and may cut down on some of the fluff.
-- I do wonder how they will handle playing through multiple routes, as one of my complaints of the original Three Houses is that they really wanted you to stick to one playthrough to keep the NG+ chain going, instead of playing them all at the same time. // I did see the Renown system return, so I imagine there is some form of NG+ or gaining Renown present.
-- EDIT: One of the surprises I had is when making Byleth in Three Hopes, it automatically read in the name I used in Three Houses (I changed it for one of the runs), which was pretty neat. I did change the name back to Byleth though and not the named avatar, as I plan on doing a "vanilla run," but it was neat that it was there.

As for some random spoiler-ish thoughts of note...

Spoiler

1. I have a feeling the routes are a bit more separated this time, or at least they are separated at the start. As Black Eagles, we went and handled Empire affairs immediately and had some timeline changes, such as outing TWSITD from the Empire and saving the original Monica. Also, the Officer's Academy straight up closes, so no Student Arc. // I imagine Blue Lions deals with succession and the Golden Deer deal with the invading Almyrans before the little timeskip, as there was some narration detailing their activities. The main changes right now is what Shez experiences, I guess.

2. Gatekeeper is back! I imagine he may appear in the other routes as well depending on choice, but at least he's here for the Empire!

3. I should've expected it, but mini-timeskip Monica looks great! I wonder what her importance will be in the story, or if she'll just be another student along for the ride.

Edited by Sire

4 minutes ago, Sire said:

I've been playing the Demo on the Black Eagles route. All I can say is how much I missed the setting and the characters. Considering I don't play FEH anymore, seeing them here again is great and I'm loving every second of it. I may end up disappearing for a bit when the game releases, as all I want to do is keep playing.
-- I did notice not everything is voiced, unlike in Three Houses. Only certain camp ("monastery") dialogue is voiced, the rest goes Awakening style with some quips and the rest is read. I don't mind as I can read through the stuff faster and may cut down on some of the fluff.
-- I do wonder how they will handle playing through multiple routes, as one of my complaints of the original Three Houses is that they really wanted you to stick to one playthrough to keep the NG+ chain going, instead of playing them all at the same time. // I did see the Renown system return, so I imagine there is some form of NG+ or gaining Renown present.

As for some random spoiler-ish thoughts of note...

Hide contents

1. I have a feeling the routes are a bit more separated this time, or at least they are separated at the start. As Black Eagles, we went and handled Empire affairs immediately and had some timeline changes, such as outing TWSITD from the Empire and saving the original Monica. Also, the Officer's Academy straight up closes, so no Student Arc. // I imagine Blue Lions deals with succession and the Golden Deer deal with the invading Almyrans before the little timeskip, as there was some narration detailing their activities. The main changes right now is what Shez experiences, I guess.

2. Gatekeeper is back! I imagine he may appear in the other routes as well depending on choice, but at least he's here for the Empire!

3. I should've expected it, but mini-timeskip Monica looks great! I wonder what her importance will be in the story, or if she'll just be another student along for the ride.

Spoiler

Can we talk about all the DILFs tho? All the new revealed counts and dukes look amazing and super hot. I find it funny how Lindhardt and Caspar's dads are just older versions of their sons. My favorite design-wise would have to be Count Varley despite how awful of a dad he is. 

I know there is a bonus for having save data for Three Houses or the First Warriors but does the demo also read your save file during the gender and name selection? I ask because when I started the demo and went too select Byleth it autofocused on the male instead of female and had the name from my most recent playthrough of Three Houses already typed in instead of Byleth

28 minutes ago, assassingriskell said:

I know there is a bonus for having save data for Three Houses or the First Warriors but does the demo also read your save file during the gender and name selection? I ask because when I started the demo and went too select Byleth it autofocused on the male instead of female and had the name from my most recent playthrough of Three Houses already typed in instead of Byleth

Can confirm, but it also only does so if you don't use your old Byleth's name for Shez.

9 minutes ago, OutcastsofRelix said:

Reveal hidden contents

Playing on Azure Gleam atm, but curious: Is Monica actually Monica this time or is it a different Agarthan? Because I was watching Ghast’s livestream and Edelgard said something about Monica doing perfectly.

Black Eagles Route spoilers:

Spoiler

You rescue the real Monica in the first mission after joining the Black Eagles. It’s shown that Kronya kidnapped her, but we manage to save Monica before she can impersonate as her.

Monica becomes a full-fledged Black Eagle student and joins Edelgard and your class as a playable character.

I’m playing the Black Eagles route, and I’m almost done with the fourth chapter, at over 5 hours in. Considering that I get to do that practically two more times with Blue Lions and Golden Deer, this demo seems quite content heavy.

But anyway, I’m enjoying Shez a lot. I like how they actually speak and get fully voiced lines, and how they, to a certain extent, have dialogue options that are actually different, instead of just being two different ways of saying the same thing. Their inclusion in the story also felt surprisingly natural, and I’m curious to see what the deal is with Byleth. Plus I like Arval, he(?) is even snarkier than Sothis.

They also really improved supports in this one, visually. The camera moves quite a bit and characters’ facial expressions actually change, which was nice. Obviously I haven’t seen a lot of supports but Caspar’s and Petra’s C support was really dramatic, in a good way. It makes me wish I could unlock their A support in the demo already!

As far as Black Eagle stuff

Spoiler

It was a tiny bit disappointing that there is no “pick the BE but side against Edelgard” route like Silver Snow, at least so far, as someone who likes the Eagles but doesn’t agree with Edelgard. But considering just how much content the game is looking like it’s going to have, I really can’t complain. Which I won’t.

Seeing Caspar’s, Linhardt’s, and Bernadetta’s dads was really cool.

I wonder if Edelgard immediately throwing TWSITD out of the capital means they’re no longer supporting her from the shadows at all and how that will affect the story. I thought that she needed them to win in the OG fe3h, but this game does seem to be changing some things.

11 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

But I'm so curious about that denial offer! Does that start a fourth path? Has anyone tried it yet?

Depends whether you mean denying to go back to Garreg Mach with the house leaders or refusing to join the Officers’ Academy. For the one about the Officers’ Academy, you just get forced into joining anyway, and I imagine the same would be true for the first one too, but I haven’t actually tried that.

Edited by Sooks

So it seems the advanced version of Fluegal is Asura based on the description of Dual Wielder's Ploy. That doesn't sound ominous at all. XD

Oh and Bylth has a new unique class, Silverheart.

6 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

I'm slightly disappointed that, going by the trailer, the Ashen Wolves seem to be basic classes (Assassin, Brawler, Gremory, Dark Knight) instead of their DLC classes, especially War Monk and Dark Flier, but I'm just happy to see them make it in at all.

Well for what it is worth, there is a direct mention of Trickster in the Thief's Ploy ability, so I would assume all the DLC classes are making it in.

5 hours ago, Armchair General said:

I saw the first half of Mangs' stream and I have to say that the writing is cringe. I get what they're going for, but it's kind of hard to ignore the fact that Shez is literally railroaded into this.

Hard disagree. I think the writing is fantastic. Not only is the game's dialogue and plot living up to 3 houses' standard, but its actually filling in holes that game's story had. How the world is set up to start has far more nuance this time. Also, Claude feels more relevant as well, which is amazing.

As for how Shez join, it feels about the same as how Byleth joined. At least this time, Shez joins as a student and not the ridiculousness of a stranger suddenly becoming a teacher.

Also:

Spoiler

its hilarious how Jeritza becomes the teacher for Shez's house. I am so hyped to have playable Jeritza.

Edited by wissenschaft

The story is pretty interesting so far.

At least to this point, it feels like they trimmed down on the least popular aspects of Three Houses story and moved it a lot more towards the nuance and politics that people liked about Three Houses.

Tinkered a bit more with the demo as I reached the story limit with my Black Eagles. This time I rushed a bit through the Blue Lions to see any differences, and some details came to mind. I placed it in spoilers for those who want to run blind or discover it for themselves in the demo.

Spoiler

First off, this has to be a brand new timeline. Aside from the basic worldbuilding and lore from Three Houses, the events and circumstances are changed in Three Hopes, so things unfold differently. For example, there is no Student Arc as events call the house leaders home, and TWSITD are ousted and separated from the Empire instead of working with them.
-- I was slightly surprised when the first mission of hunting Bandits and saving Monica was the same for BE and BL, but I guess it makes sense in context for establishing a new timeline. The next mission and beyond seems to be more unique per route.

Second, I have a feeling the stories of the three houses will be running in parallel, and may either merge at some point or diverge into their separate routes. I say this as the actions in the Empire Route are still referenced even in Dimitri's, and I learned some stuff here that may shred some light on what's going on in the Imperial Route.
-- As always, I imagine Claude and the Deers to be more focused on worldbuilding and other matters, so I'm guessing its another setup for Edelgard vs Dimitri.
== I am curious on how they will handle multiple playthroughs or NG+, but that's my completionist side talking. Right now I should just be concerned with the demo (and maybe maxing out the Black Eagles since they will be my main file once it releases.)

Man, it's not the 24th yet. I want to keep playing my main route...
-- Not sure how far I'll go with Blue Lions or if I'll even start Golden Deer out of curiosity, as I'm still hesitant about the whole multiple-playthroughs thing and NG+ benefits.

Edited by Sire

Is it me or all the males have the same musou attacks

I want them like  we saw on the trailer we may have to wait til the release of this cuz im like why do the archers and makes have the same specials I may have to upgrade them  to a higher class or am I missing something 

I suspect the musous are individualised in a character's preferred class, otherwise they're generic.

Anyway, a formal Awakening confirmation for those who haven't played the demo yet (myself included as of this post):

(For those who wonder, the white bar by the character portrait is the XP bar. Awakening is the person with fire aura icon as R+A.)

2 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

I suspect the musous are individualised in a character's preferred class, otherwise they're generic.

Anyway, a formal Awakening confirmation for those who haven't played the demo yet (myself included as of this post):

(For those who wonder, the white bar by the character portrait is the XP bar. Awakening is the person with fire aura icon as R+A.)

So what's the characters  preferred classes 

Just now, Queen Hilda said:

So what's the characters  preferred classes 

Essentially what was covered in the tweets, but also when you open each character's profile on their introduction:

test.thumb.jpg.b161044ffe39b378fb2ec0ab9a976819.jpg

Do note that Felix wants to be Merc here rather than Swordmaster, but it's still suggestive enough that he wants to go down sword locked.

Oh ok thanks 

11 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

Essentially what was covered in the tweets, but also when you open each character's profile on their introduction:

test.thumb.jpg.b161044ffe39b378fb2ec0ab9a976819.jpg

Do note that Felix wants to be Merc here rather than Swordmaster, but it's still suggestive enough that he wants to go down sword locked.