Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes - Awakened Rivals / Demo Available

I played the demo, I really expected it to be bad, after the fiasco that was the previous Warriors. But it's good, it's really good! It's almost as fast Age of Calamity, and I even thought the Weapon Triangle is better used than in the original! And unlike Three Houses, my eyes aren't bleeding because of how tiny the text is.

Arval is so much better than Sothis, it's hilarious.

Three things that bothers me though.
The new Charadesign is shitty. I dislike most of the new ones, but Shez is really special for looking like an idiot with that purple hair of his/her, as if the his clothes didn't made it stuck out like a sore thumb. Just. Why. I like Marianne, but some like Bernadetta? The hell.
The interface if convoluted as time in Dark Souls, and it's very annoying to get through the menus.
They really made it more obvious how shitty the church was- wait that's actually a good point.
I dunno about this Golden Route NG+ thing, but I hate it.
I also dislike this half assed 'rivalry' between Byleth and Shez. "Oops you killed all my comrades, that I acter all buddy buddy with, but it's fine, we weren't actually that much friends anyways, but I'll hunt you down anyways", with that kind of writing, it might have been better for Shez to be silent.

Edited by B.Leu

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

Half-assed 'rivalry' between Byleth and Shez. "Oops you killed all my comrades, that I acter all buddy buddy with, but it's fine, we weren't actually that much friends anyways, but I'll hunt you down anyways", with that kind of writing, it might have been better for Shez to be silent.

I-it's not like I wanted to fight you again or anything, b-baka!

All right, I'm clocking in about 12 hours in my BE file and I think I'm set for the actual release. I could keep pushing and try to max everything out, but I'll let others 100% the demo if they so desire.
-- Managed to get 50 Achievements during my run.
-- I do have one Intermediate Seal left, was saving it for Petra to go Pegasus Knight, but I think I'll save that for when the game comes out.
== While I did briefly delve into Blue Lions, I did not touch the Golden Deer. I'm saving proper runs of those for NG+.

I'm absolutely loving this game, even if its just a demo. I dare say it's one of the best Warrior games I played, and I love revisiting the Three Houses setting and characters.
-- Now just to find something to do for two weeks before the game properly releases...

So there has been an update to the datamine. We've got a few more units that appear to have been soft confirmed via having Character Descriptions, Likes, Dislikes, etc.

Spoiler

So we of course already have all the students, Shez, Manuela, Shamir, Jeritza, Rodrigue, and Monica available in the demo (30 total). Ashen Wolves are confirmed in the trailers for 34. Add Byleth from the achievements for 35.

Now based on the datamine, there are 44 slots for tactical abilities for nine additional units. Of those empty slots, there is support for Seteth, Flayn, Catherine, Jeralt, Holst, and Gatekeeper as the six of them all have identifiable Character Descriptions, Likes, Dislikes, etc. Leaving three potential slots with minimal identifying marks. Based on the positioning, it appears all three of the unknowns in the tactical abilities list correspond to slots that have an age of ??? with heights of 172 (Rhea?), 135 (Sothis?), and 160 (dataminer speculates Arval).

Additionally there are some empty Characters Description that do not appear to correspond to any unidentified tactical abilities? Unclear if that means they just share their tactical abilities or if they are just not playable. Four of these slots have heights that appear to correspond to Hanneman, Alois, Gilbert/Gustave, and Cyril. And there are four additional slots that have blank heights too.

5 hours ago, B.Leu said:

I played the demo, I really expected it to be bad, after the fiasco that was the previous Warriors. But it's good, it's really good! It's almost as fast Age of Calamity, and I even thought the Weapon Triangle is better used than in the original! And unlike Three Houses, my eyes aren't bleeding because of how tiny the text is.

Arval is so much better than Sothis, it's hilarious.

Three things that bothers me though.
The new Charadesign is shitty. I dislike most of the new ones, but Shez is really special for looking like an idiot with that purple hair of his/her, as if the his clothes didn't made it stuck out like a sore thumb. Just. Why. I like Marianne, but some like Bernadetta? The hell.
The interface if convoluted as time in Dark Souls, and it's very annoying to get through the menus.
They really made it more obvious how shitty the church was- wait that's actually a good point.
I dunno about this Golden Route NG+ thing, but I hate it.
I also dislike this half assed 'rivalry' between Byleth and Shez. "Oops you killed all my comrades, that I acter all buddy buddy with, but it's fine, we weren't actually that much friends anyways, but I'll hunt you down anyways", with that kind of writing, it might have been better for Shez to be silent.

Golden Route NG+ is not confirmed. Heck, most I've been talking to have said otherwise.

18 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I-it's not like I wanted to fight you again or anything, b-baka!

And then after throwing insults at each others and breaking their weapons, they just make out. Starting doing the deed. In the middle of the camp, With Edelgard in sight.

14 hours ago, Sire said:

All right, I'm clocking in about 12 hours in my BE file and I think I'm set for the actual release. I could keep pushing and try to max everything out, but I'll let others 100% the demo if they so desire.

You can't say that you 100% a Warriors game, if all your characters doesn't have their perfect minmaxed weapons of the highest damage and of the highest skill power. 😛
Oooooooh boy... thanks goodness they made it easier since Age of Calamity. As much as I love the first Hyrule Warriors, having to search for weapon with 6 stars and slots, and searching the best skills for each characters to put in them, some of said skills needing you to rack up a number of 1000 kill to unseal... wasn't fun at all.

13 hours ago, Ranadiel said:
Spoiler

Gatekeeper

What in the heck.

Edited by B.Leu

I chose Golden Deer first because I am interested in Almyra storyline and Claude is my fav 3H characters, but I forgot that I dislike/feel indifferent towards most of the GD students and these feelings only increased as their combats aren't that great too. I was struggling in most maps unless I use Shez or Claude. Meanwhile over at Blue Lions and Black Eagle I feel like there are actual dynamic between students themselves, and with access to heavy hitter like Sylvain and Ferdinand.

Also, I totally forgot Lysithea is GD students. I thought she's Black Eagle.

Spoiler
14 hours ago, Ranadiel said:

Gatekeeper

I hope he is not limited to certain house only, and definitely don't let him be a mage like in FEH.

14 hours ago, Ranadiel said:

So there has been an update to the datamine. We've got a few more units that appear to have been soft confirmed via having Character Descriptions, Likes, Dislikes, etc.

Hide contents

So we of course already have all the students, Shez, Manuela, Shamir, Jeritza, Rodrigue, and Monica available in the demo (30 total). Ashen Wolves are confirmed in the trailers for 34. Add Byleth from the achievements for 35.

Now based on the datamine, there are 44 slots for tactical abilities for nine additional units. Of those empty slots, there is support for Seteth, Flayn, Catherine, Jeralt, Holst, and Gatekeeper as the six of them all have identifiable Character Descriptions, Likes, Dislikes, etc. Leaving three potential slots with minimal identifying marks. Based on the positioning, it appears all three of the unknowns in the tactical abilities list correspond to slots that have an age of ??? with heights of 172 (Rhea?), 135 (Sothis?), and 160 (dataminer speculates Arval).

Additionally there are some empty Characters Description that do not appear to correspond to any unidentified tactical abilities? Unclear if that means they just share their tactical abilities or if they are just not playable. Four of these slots have heights that appear to correspond to Hanneman, Alois, Gilbert/Gustave, and Cyril. And there are four additional slots that have blank heights too.

Seriously gk but not my goddess like really 

26 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Hide contents

I hope he is not limited to certain house only, and definitely don't let him be a mage like in FEH.

(Datamine spoilers below)

Spoiler

Well in the demo he shows up in the Empire's camp. His default character description appears to be "Gatekeeper for the Imperial Army." However there are additional character descriptions that are likely about him, "Gatekeeper for the Kingdom Army" and "Gatekeeper for the Alliance Army." So there at least seems to be some groundwork in the code to enable him to join in all three routes in the code. So it certainly within the cards for him to be route agnostic. Although we don't know any details of how his recruitment happens in any route right now. Just a strong indication that he can join somehow.

As for being a mage, well I assume his preferred classes will either by the Fortress Knight line or the Cavelier line, buit with class change you can make him whatever you want.

50 minutes ago, Queen Hilda said:

I guest rhea got shafted again and damn

You mean because gatekeeper isn't locked to Garreg Mach anymore?

I don't think I'll ever be very good at this game...most or all of the warriors games I am used, the officer units stagger when you hit them unless they have the flame aura of determination (or the weapon triangle in DW8). As I remember Samurai Warriors 2, most of the officers had an attack or two that would typically pierce or get around the guard of the enemy officers in some way, so you didn't have to attack to the sides to get around the guard. Now, even the generic officers mostly don't stagger from normal attacks, and it's hard for me to remember to block their attacks in time. But if the demos any indication I still have a good chance on hard. There'll probably be a higher difficulty though?

8 minutes ago, Original Johan Liebert said:

You mean because gatekeeper isn't locked to Garreg Mach anymore?

I don't think I'll ever be very good at this game...most or all of the warriors games I am used, the officer units stagger when you hit them unless they have the flame aura of determination (or the weapon triangle in DW8). As I remember Samurai Warriors 2, most of the officers had an attack or two that would typically pierce or get around the guard of the enemy officers in some way, so you didn't have to attack to the sides to get around the guard. Now, even the generic officers mostly don't stagger from normal attacks, and it's hard for me to remember to block their attacks in time. But if the demos any indication I still have a good chance on hard. There'll probably be a higher difficulty though?

I mean, you don't HAVE to play on Hard or the datamined Maddening mode. They don't appear to be part of the game's progression system unlike in most Warriors games. As far as I'm aware, it's the same rewards.

Which is how it should be. Difficulty shouldn't be part of progression, and it should be as easy or as hard as people want it.

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I mean, you don't HAVE to play on Hard or the datamined Maddening mode. They don't appear to be part of the game's progression system unlike in most Warriors games. As far as I'm aware, it's the same rewards.

Which is how it should be. Difficulty shouldn't be part of progression, and it should be as easy or as hard as people want it.

The tutorial says harder difficulty offers better rewards. I'd have to check if that's, like, a gold/exp multiplier or something, but it's definitely something at least.

10 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

The tutorial says harder difficulty offers better rewards. I'd have to check if that's, like, a gold/exp multiplier or something, but it's definitely something at least.

An exp/gold multiplier is within reason though. It's not so much exclusion but rather compensation (for longer round times). 

The norm for Warriors games is to lock endgame weapons behind higher difficulties, and my problem with this is that it means hard modes are expected (and thus can't be actually difficult).

That's pretty much my philosophy with video games in general, that they should be flexible to allow players to play however they want.

It's why I'm not a fan of games that intentionally go brutally hard just to prove a point.

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

That's pretty much my philosophy with video games in general, that they should be flexible to allow players to play however they want.

It's why I'm not a fan of games that intentionally go brutally hard just to prove a point.

I think there's a time and place for that. Obviously not every game needs to be brutally hard, but it incentivizes building skill and makes you feel like you've really accomplished something when you finally win. I play a lot of The Binding of Isaac. Beating the hardest modes as the hardest character wouldn't be half as satisfying if I could have easily achieved the same thing by just turning a knob from hard to easy. It's a game that would not benefit from adding an easy mode because that would defeat the whole purpose of it.

In the context of Warriors, I preferred the way Hyrule Warriors and FE Warriors handled it, where story mode has four difficulty settings but the side-modes are scaled on a mission-to-mission basis. I'm not super big on side missions also being subject to the all-encompassing difficulty system.

28 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

So did any of that datamine detail advanced/master classes?

As far as I am aware, the text associated with all the advanced and master class stuff was purged. The best we have right now would probably be the map icons, but I'm not sure it is a complete listing because I am not seeing the Dark Knight map icon, which is confirmed to be in the game. Even if it is a complete map icon collection, it is not easy to look through.

9 hours ago, B.Leu said:

What in the heck.

Spoiler

They called me crazy*, but I believed. Now I just need Anna.

*They did not actually call me crazy.

Edited by Florete

So did any of that datamine detail advanced/master classes?

As far as I know the datamine itself doesn't, but if you read the skill descriptions for some of the class skills they reference Swordmaster, Mortal Savant, Assassin, Trickster, Falcon Knight, Fortress Knight, Warrior, Grappler, War Master, Sniper, Bow Knight, Bishop, Warlock, and Gremory.

Accounting for classes referenced in tweets (Paladin, Dark Knight, Holy Knight), that leaves Hero, Great Knight, Wyvern Rider/Lord, and the other three DLC classes unaccounted for I believe.

Not sure about Dark Mage/Bishop. I forget if Hubert even got a tweet mentioning his preferred class, but his actions in the trailer are clearly not the basic Mage class so I have to assume Dark Mage is in, but I didn't see it referenced anywhere in the demo.

Edited by Anomalocaris

7 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Accounting for classes referenced in tweets (Paladin, Dark Knight, Holy Knight), that leaves Hero, Great Knight, Wyvern Rider/Lord, and the other three DLC classes unaccounted for I believe.

Dark Mage is unaccounted for afaik (could be off here), and wyvern rider is at least in the game

18 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Seteth can be fought in the demo of Scarlet Blaze and is riding a wyvern, so at least Wyvern Rider is in the game.

17 minutes ago, SearchingForGryphons said:

Dark Mage is unaccounted for afaik (could be off here), and wyvern rider is at least in the game

7 minutes ago, Florete said:

Seteth can be fought in the demo of Scarlet Blaze and is riding a wyvern, so at least Wyvern Rider is in the game.

Right.

I'm sure Wyvern Rider will be playable, but I don't wanna take any chances after last game's Armor Knights, haha.

The datamine updated again and of particular note imo (everything italicized is direct quotes from the datamine):

Spoiler

These three completion-based achievements (or just something related to NG+?):
Complete the game.
Complete the game with ??? as an ally.

Complete the game with the [n] Ashen Demon as an ally.

It seems to suggest it's possible to complete the game without recruiting Byleth, so they're not a forced recruitment (as I doubt this achievement just means you didn't get Byleth killed). Also some other special character.

Spoiler

NG+ related:
Unlockable unit(s) have been added to this save [n] [cdb]data's renown exchange.

What might renown-unlockable units suggest?

Spoiler

There's a section on characters who look likely to not be playable...and it's a rather unfortunate list.
Who (probably) isn't playable    

DeathChaos informed me that playable characters always have separate faces and bodies.    
Which makes sense since they generally need to class-change    

On that note, these characters don't have this. They have a merged body instead.    

Rhea
    Kronya
    Cornelia
    Kostas
    Randolph
    Judith
    Nader(?)
    Arundel
    Greetje
    Ladislava

Disclaimers    
    Even if a character has separate body and face, they might not be playable. Could be re-using Three Houses templates, maybe? Or just for convenience.
    The characters above could still be playable if they don't change-class.

Rhea seems a really odd one to be kept non-playable. Nothing can be said for certain, of course.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

The datamine updated again and of particular note imo (everything italicized is direct quotes from the datamine):

Reveal hidden contents

There's a section on characters who look likely to not be playable...and it's a rather unfortunate list.
Who (probably) isn't playable    

DeathChaos informed me that playable characters always have separate faces and bodies.    
Which makes sense since they generally need to class-change    

On that note, these characters don't have this. They have a merged body instead.    

Rhea
    Kronya
    Cornelia
    Kostas
    Randolph
    Judith
    Nader(?)
    Arundel
    Greetje
    Ladislava

Disclaimers    
    Even if a character has separate body and face, they might not be playable. Could be re-using Three Houses templates, maybe? Or just for convenience.
    The characters above could still be playable if they don't change-class.

Rhea seems a really odd one to be kept non-playable. Nothing can be said for certain, of course.

Spoiler

Rhea in Three Houses only has Archbishop and Saint classes, so it's possible she simple locked in her default classes.

I highly doubt Gatekeeper is playable but not more popular Rhea.