Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes - Awakened Rivals / Demo Available

6 hours ago, Timlugia said:
  Hide contents

Rhea in Three Houses only has Archbishop and Saint classes, so it's possible she simple locked in her default classes.

I highly doubt Gatekeeper is playable but not more popular Rhea.

Spoiler

There is actually evidence that Rhea can class change as she has a map sprite of just her head like all the other playable characters (besides the Ashen Wolves who are oddly absent from the sprite sheets). The head sprites are used so that they don't need 20+ copies of the character sprite for every playable character. She is right between Jeralt and Shez in sprite sheet 11.

Not sure what the significance of her not having a model that is designed for class change, but having a sprite designed for such. Could be that she uses a different model for pre-recruitment plot stuff than she does post-recruitment and the post-recruitment model was purged. Or it could be that she was dropped from being playable at some point during development before her PC model was completed. Time will tell.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Any mine of Three Houses timeskip outfits? While I feel most characters look better in the new ones, Edelgard, Dimitri, Sylvain, Ingrid, Caspar, and Leonie looked notably better in their old war outfits.

Not that I am aware of. Looking at the model list, it seems that the students do each have a B and C model for their body and head. However those likely refer to their academy and (Hopes) War Phase models both of which were seen in use in the Demo. So there are not enough models to support the (Houses) War outfits and faces.

Should be noted that the lords do appear to get an upgraded class, which have new associated models. So maybe you'll like Edelgard's new Emperor outfit more than her (Hopes) Armored Lord outfit?

On 6/11/2022 at 9:19 AM, B.Leu said:

And then after throwing insults at each others and breaking their weapons, they just make out. Starting doing the deed. In the middle of the camp, With Edelgard in sight.

You can't say that you 100% a Warriors game, if all your characters doesn't have their perfect minmaxed weapons of the highest damage and of the highest skill power. 😛
Oooooooh boy... thanks goodness they made it easier since Age of Calamity. As much as I love the first Hyrule Warriors, having to search for weapon with 6 stars and slots, and searching the best skills for each characters to put in them, some of said skills needing you to rack up a number of 1000 kill to unseal... wasn't fun at all.

What in the heck.

I know that's the purist definition of "completion" in a Warriors game, but it's not one I ascribe to. I'm of the mind that if you've done all the content, and gotten all the achievements, you've 100%ed the game, just like every other game. If it tells you you're done, you're done.

I put in 300 hours to get the 100% save on Fire Emblem Warriors. In my mind, I've completed it regardless of whether every character on my account is level 150 (which they won't be - because fuck that).

3 hours ago, Ranadiel said:
  Hide contents

There is actually evidence that Rhea can class change as she has a map sprite of just her head like all the other playable characters (besides the Ashen Wolves who are oddly absent from the sprite sheets). The head sprites are used so that they don't need 20+ copies of the character sprite for every playable character. She is right between Jeralt and Shez in sprite sheet 11.

Not sure what the significance of her not having a model that is designed for class change, but having a sprite designed for such. Could be that she uses a different model for pre-recruitment plot stuff than she does post-recruitment and the post-recruitment model was purged. Or it could be that she was dropped from being playable at some point during development before her PC model was completed. Time will tell.

I hope so she is

4 hours ago, Ranadiel said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Is there any sign of a model for Seiros? it could be that Pope outfit Rhea isn't playable thus the combined model, but Rhea-as-Seiros is the class changing playable version.

7 minutes ago, Marros Kinvares said:
  Hide contents

Is there any sign of a model for Seiros? it could be that Pope outfit Rhea isn't playable thus the combined model, but Rhea-as-Seiros is the class changing playable version.

Spoiler

That was my thoughts as well. She may be coded as both a boss and a character.

8 minutes ago, Marros Kinvares said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Not that I am aware of. That was my initial thought as well, but there are no models labeled as Seiros. I can't rule out possibility of them being there under a different name, but I am just working with what is in the spreadsheet so I can't open any of the files to see if they look like Rhea/Seiros. If there are Seiros files, they might be under Ceilus? If you convert the 'C' and 'L' (to account for potential romanization differences) that would give you Seirus which is almost there. Whoever Ceilus is, they do have a separate face model indicating they are probably recruitable.

I do think I should point out that Rhea's map sprite head has her archbishop hair, so I would expect that if she is playable that she would keep that hairstyle rather than change to her Seiros hair.

I really really hope there will be paired endings. I've seen some people say there isn't much hope for them because S supports don't look like they will be a thing in this game, but I don't think that really 100% proves anything either way. Once upon a time, FE had paired endings before S supports were even a thing, and I hope this game will be just like them. 

It's really one of my favorite things about Fire Emblem. I hate when games don't tell me what became of the cast I got attached too once the game is over. 

Edited by Rose482

10 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

I really really hope there will be paired endings. I've seen some people say there isn't much hope for them because S supports don't look like they will be a thing in this game, but I don't think that really 100% proves anything either way. Once upon a time, FE had paired endings before S supports were even a thing, and I hope this game will be just like them. 

It's really one of my favorite things about Fire Emblem. I hate when games don't tell me what became of the cast I got attached too once the game is over. 

I hope not, most of the forced parings where bad.

4 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I know that's the purist definition of "completion" in a Warriors game, but it's not one I ascribe to. I'm of the mind that if you've done all the content, and gotten all the achievements, you've 100%ed the game, just like every other game. If it tells you you're done, you're done.

I put in 300 hours to get the 100% save on Fire Emblem Warriors. In my mind, I've completed it regardless of whether every character on my account is level 150 (which they won't be - because fuck that).

How could you I trusted you. Only 300 hours? Amateur.
But yeah, trying to do every weapons for every characters? That's a big pain in the butt, and the moment your brain tell you to stop, you should probably stop, it's not healthy.

42 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

I hope not, most of the forced parings where bad.

They probably will, since it's a really popular thing. The cringefest will probably be present, since Shez talk, and I'm imagining the S rank with Seiros or Byleth.

I played FEW for 350 hours, and I did everything I could think to do. Got max supports, max levels, all badges, all crests, optimized weapons, and even armour break models.

I like paired endings but it was awkward in TH because of how there wasn't a good way to select who got paired with who. I love non romantic paired endings more than them all being romantic, but at least 13 had a limit of one S rank to make it obvious who got what paired ending.

1 minute ago, SearchingForGryphons said:

I played FEW for 350 hours, and I did everything I could think to do. Got max supports, max levels, all badges, all crests, optimized weapons, and even armour break models.

I like paired endings but it was awkward in TH because of how there wasn't a good way to select who got paired with who. I love non romantic paired endings more than them all being romantic, but at least 13 had a limit of one S rank to make it obvious who got what paired ending.

The funny thing is that they gave us a good way to choose pairings (the Fortune Teller) and then made the service such a laughably huge renown sink for no reason, so it still didn't fix the issue.

3 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The funny thing is that they gave us a good way to choose pairings (the Fortune Teller) and then made the service such a laughably huge renown sink for no reason, so it still didn't fix the issue.

Oh, is that a DLC thing? I'm currently on chapter 5 of my first run after buying the DLC so I don't know all the Abyss features yet.

I should probably try to at least knock out my current playthrough before 3 Hopes releases.

6 hours ago, B.Leu said:

I'm imagining the S rank with Seiros or Byleth.

Spoiler

Shez: You killed the people who were the only thing I had close to family... But I've come to fall in love with you, let's get married and have two children who will most likely be the reincarnations of the two gods we host in our minds.

7 hours ago, Rose482 said:

As do I, mainly because I need a Hubert x Monica paired ending, Edelgard x Monica paired ending, and my all time fav Claude x Marianne AU pairing.

Also, why did Edelgard have Petra come? She must have known how awkward and weird it would be for her to fight alongside the guy who killed her father.

7 minutes ago, OutcastsofRelix said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Shez: You killed the people who were the only thing I had close to family... But I've come to fall in love with you, let's get married and have two children who will most likely be the reincarnations of the two gods we host in our minds.

As do I, mainly because I need a Hubert x Monica paired ending, Edelgard x Monica paired ending, and my all time fav Claude x Marianne AU pairing.

Also, why did Edelgard have Petra come? She must have known how awkward and weird it would be for her to fight alongside the guy who killed her father.

Because Linhardt would have made 4 monks, and Caspar would have screamed out their plans.

11 hours ago, Ranadiel said:
  Hide contents

Not that I am aware of. That was my initial thought as well, but there are no models labeled as Seiros. I can't rule out possibility of them being there under a different name, but I am just working with what is in the spreadsheet so I can't open any of the files to see if they look like Rhea/Seiros. If there are Seiros files, they might be under Ceilus? If you convert the 'C' and 'L' (to account for potential romanization differences) that would give you Seirus which is almost there. Whoever Ceilus is, they do have a separate face model indicating they are probably recruitable.

I do think I should point out that Rhea's map sprite head has her archbishop hair, so I would expect that if she is playable that she would keep that hairstyle rather than change to her Seiros hair.

Spoiler

Given that Flayn is internally coded as Hronn but kana is フレン (furen) I think you may be onto something with Seiros = Ceilus. How is Seiros referred to in say FEH?

Ties in with the line about fighting for humanity as well... However there's no current evidence for a sword / faith / brawling class in demo is there?

14 hours ago, Ranadiel said:

Not that I am aware of. Looking at the model list, it seems that the students do each have a B and C model for their body and head. However those likely refer to their academy and (Hopes) War Phase models both of which were seen in use in the Demo. So there are not enough models to support the (Houses) War outfits and faces.

Should be noted that the lords do appear to get an upgraded class, which have new associated models. So maybe you'll like Edelgard's new Emperor outfit more than her (Hopes) Armored Lord outfit?

Remind me again, in base 3H what letters exist internally for body / head model pairs for non snowflake characters with timeskip designs (iirc Dimitri and Edelgard have extras for their child models)?

I bought FEW a couple of days ago, and I've been enjoying it a fair amount! 

The reason I bring it up here is because as I've been playing, I've noticed that Tharja (and probably Robin, I actually haven't used him a whole lot) feels a LOT faster of a unit than any of the Monks/Priests/Mages in Three Hopes. The closest have been Annette and Dimitri weirdly enough, but the reaction and spell time feels slower to me. I know that doesn't really mean much, but that was one of the first things that stood out to me as I played this, and how weird it felt to have an older game have this one particular part run better. I mean, it's not THAT weird to have older games do specific things better than newer games at time, but it felt weird here.

Other notes - FEW has good combat, but its combat makes me appreciate the changes made for Three Hopes, particularly in terms of the Combat Arts/Spells list. ...and everyone having a default two Vulneraries.

I also remain unchanged about a crossover for DLC. I think Lianna could have a really interesting friendship with Dimitri and Claude, while Rowan would fit right at home with the likes of Caspar, Raphael, and Balthus, while also serving as a foil to Ignatz in a way. Still, NPCs that should be playable and new characters come first. 

So datamine has progressed to such a point that I think we probably know who else is playable and who is not. Specifically, the datamine has been updated with unit data, and some units clearly have three personal skills, and others do not.

Spoiler

Units that have three personal skills are:

• Seteth
  • Flayn
  • Jeralt
  • Holst
  • Gatekeeper
  • Catherine
  • Rhea
  • Sothis
  • 160 cm tall unit assumed to be Arval

Previously playable characters that are have no personal skills:

• Hanneman
  • Gilbert
  • Alois
  • Cyril
  • Anna

Looking at the data, I am currently inclined to think that Seteth, Flayn, Holst, and Catherine are story recruitable. Jeralt, Gatekeeper, Rhea, Sothis, and "Arval" all have ages listed for the academy phase, so I am thinking they might be the renown unlockable characters. Byleth also has an age listed for the academy phase, so they might fall into that category to. Also possible that some renown characters can also be unlocked via story.

8 hours ago, tipperthescales said:
Spoiler

Ties in with the line about fighting for humanity as well... However there's no current evidence for a sword / faith / brawling class in demo is there?

Spoiler

We have no info that I am aware of of a unique Seiros class. However keep in mind that character's personal classes don't have separate models. The model for Fleugal is just Shez's default model. Likewise Armored Lord is just Edelgard's war phase outfit. So if Rhea had a unique class, she would probably just use the Ceilus body for it meaning there would be no identifiable clues since its abilities were likely scrubbed clean.

8 hours ago, tipperthescales said:

Remind me again, in base 3H what letters exist internally for body / head model pairs for non snowflake characters with timeskip designs (iirc Dimitri and Edelgard have extras for their child models)?

I dunno. Based on the naming in Three Hopes, I would assume those were the 'A' outfits, but I don't have access to the files. I doubt they made it hard on themselves to potentially re-add them in. They just aren't there now.

Edited by Ranadiel

6 hours ago, Timlugia said:

I think it's more to do with their low tier classes. 

like how Shez and Dimitri clearly are faster than rest of the cast in demo

There is this, and also just the nature of not having access to speed boosters like Astra yet.

I think to some degree, the slower speed is intentional. The kill totals are in hundreds, not thousands so far, and they seem to be emphasizing the strategy more which is complemented by a slower pace.

Still, there are classes aimed more at people wanting a faster class. Fluegel, Thief, and Cavalier really do capture the speed of earlier FEs, and characters like Ferdinand and Felix make everything fast.

8 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

I bought FEW a couple of days ago, and I've been enjoying it a fair amount! 

The reason I bring it up here is because as I've been playing, I've noticed that Tharja (and probably Robin, I actually haven't used him a whole lot) feels a LOT faster of a unit than any of the Monks/Priests/Mages in Three Hopes. The closest have been Annette and Dimitri weirdly enough, but the reaction and spell time feels slower to me. I know that doesn't really mean much, but that was one of the first things that stood out to me as I played this, and how weird it felt to have an older game have this one particular part run better. I mean, it's not THAT weird to have older games do specific things better than newer games at time, but it felt weird here.

Other notes - FEW has good combat, but its combat makes me appreciate the changes made for Three Hopes, particularly in terms of the Combat Arts/Spells list. ...and everyone having a default two Vulneraries.

I feel like they really wanted to differentiate classes for their combat roles to mimic FE even more - which puts archers and mages in the awkward spot of their laggier startup imitating their historical poor close quarters combat not quite making a comfortable feel in an action game at first impression (nothing a bit of practice won't resolve, though).

At least Priest and Mage feel significantly different enough that they're not the Plegian tome vs Linde situation in base FEH (and ofc adding Dark Mage on top of this to further differentiate).

1 hour ago, Ranadiel said:
  Hide contents

Previously playable characters that are have no personal skills:

• Hanneman
  • Gilbert
  • Alois
  • Cyril
  • Anna

Spoiler

Cyril kinda feels like the odd one out here in terms of relative unpopularity? Like I wouldn't see him being on the Alois / Hanneman tier of forgettability myself.

Possibly saving these characters (and then your Randolph / Judiths etc.) for DLC is ...a decision indeed...

8 hours ago, Timlugia said:

I think it's more to do with their low tier classes. 

I hope so! 

2 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

I feel like they really wanted to differentiate classes for their combat roles to mimic FE even more - which puts archers and mages in the awkward spot of their laggier startup imitating their historical poor close quarters combat not quite making a comfortable feel in an action game at first impression (nothing a bit of practice won't resolve, though).

Good points. I'm still using the magical classes and having a decent amount of fun, but not as much as I feel I should or would like to. Priest Dimitri is hilarious and super fun though, if only because I get to spam Thunder. 

3 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

At least Priest and Mage feel significantly different enough that they're not the Plegian tome vs Linde situation in base FEH (and ofc adding Dark Mage on top of this to further differentiate).

So far to me they've felt more or less the same, but I'm also VERY new to Warriors games in general, so a lot of differences I simply don't pick up on. To me, they have the same sort of basic attacks and movements, and ultimately a similar spell list. I'm positive they're not the same as you say, but I just don't feel much of a difference at this time. It's just going to take time with me to see, experience, and appreciate the differences, and that's what the game is offering. 

4 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I would consider Cyril more forgettable than Alois and Hanneman. The latter two have personalities.

Cyril has a timeskip design, an interesting backstory, and a few cute supports and endings, one of which is with one of the most popular girls in the game. Not to mention he's roughly in the same age group as most of the cast. That's not to say that Hanneman and Alois don't have interesting backstories or good supports because they definitely have great ones, but Cyril has a little more going for him to make him memorable and a fit for the cast in a way that Alois and Hanneman sort of struggle with. Granted, all three are pretty forgettable IMO, although Alois is was made for a Warriors game.