Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes - Awakened Rivals / Demo Available

Alois, Hanneman and Cyril don't deserve to be left out just because they're less popular 😞 Cyril especially gets a lot of uneeded hate imo. He doesn't bring up Rhea nearly as much as people think he does. People did the same thing with Leonie idolizing Jeralt where they made it out to be her entire personality when she actually has a lot of really charming supports and I can bet they're going to do the same thing for Monica and Edelgard

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Burklight said:

Has anyone figured out what Darting Blow does yet? The English description is blank, haven't checked other languages.

I've seen it posted that it increases the damage dealt to break gauges.

Eh, I would put this into a spoiler (datamine characters), but since the convo is out in the open...

It's a shame that Hanneman and Alois may not innately playable. I like the two a lot and was expecting Hanneman to join up in the BE route since he appears at camp and was playable in Three Houses, but I guess the extra mage role may have been given to Monica. It also doesn't feel right that Manuela is playable, but Hanneman is not. // As for Alois, while Seteth may be more important, Alois sorta acts as the front end of the Knights of Seiros. In addition, given the story importance of Jeralt's Mercenaries, having Alois around for story interactions would also be interesting to see.
-- Gilbert is also surprising, and while I don't care much for him, he does have some importance in being Annette's father and having some history with Faerghus .
-- While I don't care much for Cyril, he may have provided some interesting information about the Almyrans, but I guess he can still do that and not be playable.
-- Anna will probably just be DLC as that seems to be the standard for her if she's not baseline. I imagine the DLC may include characters that didn't make it into base, provided DLC is made.

However, to keep some hope alive, remember that the datamine is just for the Demo version. It is known they scrubbed some info, and it is possible (for whatever reason) that some of these characters were simply not coded yet by the time the demo was built. While it is unlikely given that there's tons of other stuff in there, I'll leave it open for them actually being in the retail release.

As for combat, I definitely believe it's slowed down for Three Hopes to focus on the strategy aspect. I believe in FEW, the SPD stat actually increased the speed of regular combos*, making combat rather fast-paced and getting thousands of KOs the norm. In Three Hopes, SPD reduces the cooldown time on Combat Arts/Magic. So, the only way to have fast combos is to either get a class that has them innately, or use someone like Ferdinand or Felix that have skills that affect attack speed.
-- Also, there are skills now that are "rhythm/timing" bases, such as Monica's skill. Having slower chains makes it easier to get these timings and may also emphasize the tactical element. (As an aside, melee Monica with the shockwaves from Wicked Impulse is fun.)

*Edit: Speed stat in FEW increases the duration of Awakening, not combo speed. I likely got the SPD stat confused with the Astra skill.

Edited by Sire

15 minutes ago, Sire said:

As for combat, I definitely believe it's slowed down for Three Hopes to focus on the strategy aspect. I believe in FEW, the SPD stat actually increased the speed of regular combos, making combat rather fast-paced and getting thousands of KOs the norm. In Three Hopes, SPD reduces the cooldown time on Combat Arts/Magic. So, the only way to have fast combos is to either get a class that has them innately, or use someone like Ferdinand or Felix that have skills that affect attack speed.
-- Also, there are skills now that are "rhythm/timing" bases, such as Monica's skill. Having slower chains makes it easier to get these timings and may also emphasize the tactical element. (As an aside, melee Monica with the shockwaves from Wicked Impulse is fun.)

It's been a long time since I played FEW, but I'm around 95-99% sure SPD never did anything like that. You had Astra from Royoma that you needed to grind up supports with, and I believe that was the only way to improve attack speed.

43 minutes ago, Burklight said:

It's been a long time since I played FEW, but I'm around 95-99% sure SPD never did anything like that. You had Astra from Royoma that you needed to grind up supports with, and I believe that was the only way to improve attack speed.

Ah, you are correct. Speed increases Awakening duration in FEW.

I guess I got it mixed up with Astra, as Astra was a must-have skill on everyone when I played FEW.
-- I'll fix the post now.

* * * EDIT * * *

Looked in the Datamine some more. Looks like they got class info now.

Spoiler

1. Dark Mage and Dark Bishop are in. They seem to have been bumped up a tier (Dark Mage = Advanced, Dark Bishop = Master).
-- They also seem to have an Anti-Cavalry focus.

2. While it has been stated already, Hero and Great Knight are in. // I guess Hero is an alternative upgrade to Swordmaster from the Mercenary, while the Great Knight is the master class for Fortress Knight.

3. Looks like progression is linear, so Master Classes may actually be the best classes now instead of being an odd "side-grade" to Advanced.

4. I guess Holy Knight is more of a traditional Lance Paladin with White Magic support, while Dark Knight focuses more on having Magic for its Combat Arts.

5. They seems to be data for the Valkyrie and Dark Flier, although considering Three Hopes was likely built on the same engine as Three Houses, it may be leftover code. If they are in, they seem to be Master classes. // Also, there may be potential for War Monk/War Cleric

* * * EDIT 2 * * *

Some observations about classes and characters...

Spoiler

I wonder if the reason Hanneman isn't baseline is that he is the only "Male Mage" present in the cast, and the females have access to Gremory which is the best mage class.
-- Hubert doesn't count as a Mage as he prefers the Dark Mage/Dark Bishop line, leaving Hanneman alone at the Advanced Warlock class (assuming Gremory is gender-locked as in Three Houses).
-- On further thought, it seems like Linhardt also gets screwed over, even though he's in the Priest/Bishop line. Males don't have a Master Class for Black/White magic, only Dark Magic (Dark Bishop). // At least Bishops have some useful class skills, unlike Warlock.

Also, the same can be said for Alois, being that Warrior is an Advanced class and there is no Master equivalent as War Master seems to have been made into the Gauntlet Master Class.
-- Warriors seem to be pushed towards Wyvern Lord as the "Axe Master Class," as the Fortress Knight line may be pushed towards Great Knight.
-- However, this doesn't account for characters like Caspar and Hilda who also like the Brigand/Warrior line, so who knows.

Edited by Sire

59 minutes ago, Sire said:

Looked in the Datamine some more. Looks like they got class info now.

Hide contents

1. Dark Mage and Dark Bishop are in. They seem to have been bumped up a tier (Dark Mage = Advanced, Dark Bishop = Master).
-- They also seem to have an Anti-Cavalry focus.

2. While it has been stated already, Hero and Great Knight are in. // I guess Hero is an alternative upgrade to Swordmaster from the Mercenary, while the Great Knight is the master class for Fortress Knight.

3. Looks like progression is linear, so Master Classes may actually be the best classes now instead of being an odd "side-grade" to Advanced.

4. I guess Holy Knight is more of a traditional Lance Paladin with White Magic support, while Dark Knight focuses more on having Magic for its Combat Arts.

5. They seems to be data for the Valkyrie and Dark Flier, although considering Three Hopes was likely built on the same engine as Three Houses, it may be leftover code. If they are in, they seem to be Master classes. // Also, there may be potential for War Monk/War Cleric

Interesting. So speculation here.

Spoiler

First is the Myrmidon tree. Merc becomes Sword Master and Thief becomes Assassin. Any chance Hero is a promotion of SM or Assassin? That would give both sword movesets a home in master, and remove the oddity of having an extra class in advanced. Mortal Savant would share a moveset but be a hybrid.

Next is Lancer. Pegasus Knight gets Falcon Knight as a master class, Paladin gets both Holy and Dark Knight as Master classes, one focused on light magic, the other on black magic as two different hybrids.

Fighter, oh boy. Fortress Knight gets a new horsie moveset that can dismount into the old one. Same with Brigand and the wyvern. Same with Archer? That leaves Brawler as the only one to stay infantry without having to dismount.

Monk is weird too. So Warlock and Bishop both become Gremory, what determines which moveset gets used? Then Dark Mage likely has a new moveset so it's not redundant with Warlock, but it might be the same.

Only other weird thing to me is there is nothing between Pegasus and Falcon, which is just slightly awkward. Maybe Dark Flier will actually show up as master, knocking Falcon to advanced? Seems weird to be the only one that skips a tier if they are going with linear paths.

Edited by SearchingForGryphons

Its a shame they do not allow you to play the first story mission after the timeskip. The demo makes it a point to introduce strategy points which can be used in story battles, but due to the demo not allowing you to play the story battle you miss out the chance to play around with this strategy system.

40 minutes ago, SearchingForGryphons said:

Hide contents

First is the Myrmidon tree. Merc becomes Sword Master and Thief becomes Assassin. Any chance Hero is a promotion of SM or Assassin? That would give both sword movesets a home in master, and remove the oddity of having an extra class in advanced. Mortal Savant would share a moveset but be a hybrid.

Next is Lancer. Pegasus Knight gets Falcon Knight as a master class, Paladin gets both Holy and Dark Knight as Master classes, one focused on light magic, the other on black magic as two different hybrids.

Spoiler

The data mine basically disproves the first one. it has Hero listed as "advanced," so I would take that to mean that merc probably splits off into Hero and Swordmaster just like it does in Three Houses.

The more interesting case to me is an unidentified Master class that looks like an upgraded paladin. Great Knight, Holy Knight, Dark Knight, Bow Knight are all accounted for, and the stat spread says "Master Tier Paladin."

30   800 5 (+2) -- -- 5 (-3) -- 3 (+2) 5 -- 167 --- --- 18A Cavalry (Infantry) 4: Master                  

52 minutes ago, SearchingForGryphons said:

Hide contents

Fighter, oh boy. Fortress Knight gets a new horsie moveset that can dismount into the old one. Same with Brigand and the wyvern. Same with Archer? That leaves Brawler as the only one to stay infantry without having to dismount.

Monk is weird too. So Warlock and Bishop both become Gremory, what determines which moveset gets used? Then Dark Mage likely has a new moveset so it's not redundant with Warlock, but it might be the same.

Only other weird thing to me is there is nothing between Pegasus and Falcon, which is just slightly awkward. Maybe Dark Flier will actually show up as master, knocking Falcon to advanced? Seems weird to be the only one that skips a tier if they are going with linear paths.

Going off of the current info (Datamine Classes)...

Spoiler

Hero is currently stated as an Advanced Class, so it shares Sword Advanced with Swordmaster (and Assassin.)
-- So, Thief goes into Assassin, while Mercenary can choose between Swordmaster and Hero.
-- Assassin can go further into Trickster. I believe Swordmaster leads into Mortal Savant, going off of the "Mercenary Wisdom" skill.
== Going off of this, I wonder if Hero will receive a unique moveset that's different from Myrmidon, Mercenary, Swordmaster, and Mortal Savant. Return of Aether as a move, maybe?

I imagine dismounted Bow Knight will use the Archer/Sniper moveset.
-- Brawler/Grappler/War Master not having a mount makes sense.

Monk uses the Priest/Bishop moveset (Light Magic) while Mage/Warlock have their moveset (Black Magic).
-- I imagine Dark Mage/Dark Bishop will have its unique dark-themed moveset.
-- I also think Gremory may have a mix of the movesets, a unique one of its own, or perhaps its class ability is changing moveset types (Light/Black/Dark Magic). Alternatively, it may just remain the upgrade for Mage/Warlock and use Black Magic for its combos, despite having affinity for all magic types.

As for Pegasus Knight & Falcon Knight, it was that way in Three Houses. If Dark Flier makes it in, I imagine Dark Flier being a flying Tome class instead of being a hybrid like the Holy/Dark Knights.
-- I guess legacy classes win out here and we just have to deal with the odd situation, even though adding new classes (Seraph Knight for Master while Falcon Knight goes down to Advanced) may have helped with this.

Yeah, it is a shame the demo doesn't allow us to try out the strategies in the first proper battle, but then again it also serves as a cliffhanger so players go out and purchase the game.
-- The Demo provided plenty of content as is, and opening up another round of free battles on the World Map may be a bit too much. (They could've have CH4 be the point of no return or something, kicking the player to the title screen after beating it. This way the player remains on Chapter 4 while being able to experience the main chapter fight.)

* * * EDIT * * * 

6 minutes ago, Burklight said:

Reveal hidden contents

The data mine basically disproves the first one. it has Hero listed as "advanced," so I would take that to mean that merc probably splits off into Hero and Swordmaster just like it does in Three Houses.

The more interesting case to me is an unidentified Master class that looks like an upgraded paladin. Great Knight, Holy Knight, Dark Knight, Bow Knight are all accounted for, and the stat spread says "Master Tier Paladin."

30   800 5 (+2) -- -- 5 (-3) -- 3 (+2) 5 -- 167 --- --- 18A Cavalry (Infantry) 4: Master                  

Hmm...

Spoiler

A Master Paladin class, eh?

First thing that comes to mind is a potential unique class for Jeralt, but upon some reflection, it may potentially be Jeritza's Death Knight class.

Edited by Sire
Formatting

2 minutes ago, Burklight said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Pretty sure that is a character unique class. 18A is the same weapon advantage skill as Great Lord. So that means a. this is a spear using class and b. it is not a common class as a normal class would be using Sword Breaker 4. Considering what characters are known to be in the game my best guess would be Death Knight. Second best guess would be a unique class for Jeralt. 

15 minutes ago, Sire said:

Going off of the current info (Datamine Classes)...

Hide contents

Hero is currently stated as an Advanced Class, so it shares Sword Advanced with Swordmaster (and Assassin.)
-- So, Thief goes into Assassin, while Mercenary can choose between Swordmaster and Hero.
-- Assassin can go further into Trickster. I believe Swordmaster leads into Mortal Savant, going off of the "Mercenary Wisdom" skill.
== Going off of this, I wonder if Hero will receive a unique moveset that's different from Myrmidon, Mercenary, Swordmaster, and Mortal Savant. Return of Aether as a move, maybe?

I imagine dismounted Bow Knight will use the Archer/Sniper moveset.
-- Brawler/Grappler/War Master not having a mount makes sense.

Monk uses the Priest/Bishop moveset (Light Magic) while Mage/Warlock have their moveset (Black Magic).
-- I imagine Dark Mage/Dark Bishop will have its unique dark-themed moveset.
-- I also think Gremory may have a mix of the movesets, a unique one of its own, or perhaps its class ability is changing moveset types (Light/Black/Dark Magic). Alternatively, it may just remain the upgrade for Mage/Warlock and use Black Magic for its combos, despite having affinity for all magic types.

As for Pegasus Knight & Falcon Knight, it was that way in Three Houses. If Dark Flier makes it in, I imagine Dark Flier being a flying Tome class instead of being a hybrid like the Holy/Dark Knights.
-- I guess legacy classes win out here and we just have to deal with the odd situation, even though adding new classes (Seraph Knight for Master while Falcon Knight goes down to Advanced) may have helped with this.

Spoiler

Ah, Assassin going into Trickster makes sense. I get them wanting to add Hero since they have all the other base game classes, but it's so out of place. A new moveset means it doesn't have a master tier class from the datamine, and an existing one means that it is redundant.

Maybe instead of a class action of changing movesets, Gremory "dismounts" instead in order to swap. That'd be really cool, and most of the master classes have two movesets already so it'd fit in. It feels rough removing two movesets from master so I kind of hope that's how it works. 

Yeah, Falcon Knight was already weird in the base game, so I figure it'll be weird here. Doesn't mean I can't hope they add in some classes that just were removed from the data, but that's just hoping more than anything.

2 minutes ago, SearchingForGryphons said:
  Hide contents

Ah, Assassin going into Trickster makes sense. I get them wanting to add Hero since they have all the other base game classes, but it's so out of place. A new moveset means it doesn't have a master tier class from the datamine, and an existing one means that it is redundant.

Maybe instead of a class action of changing movesets, Gremory "dismounts" instead in order to swap. That'd be really cool, and most of the master classes have two movesets already so it'd fit in. It feels rough removing two movesets from master so I kind of hope that's how it works. 

Yeah, Falcon Knight was already weird in the base game, so I figure it'll be weird here. Doesn't mean I can't hope they add in some classes that just were removed from the data, but that's just hoping more than anything.

Spoiler

Hero will probably use the Mercenary moveset with Swordmaster/Mortal Savant using the new one. Felix doesn't look like he's using the existing, nor does the current one feel like a Swordmaster. The real question is what happens to Hero at Master. Is Vanguard or perhaps Griffon Master a thing, or is it a dead end.

I see it as more likely that Dark Flier would be a hybrid lance/magic class. It makes very little sense to suddenly swap weapon types.

Sad to see that they are still screwing over Linhardt, but Holy Knight will probably be a perfectly viable option for him. Perhaps even Trickster if it's magic-enabled. Or War Monk if it exists. Happy that Hubert will have an endgame class (Dark Bishop). Of course, maybe we're all wrong and Dark Bishop is just the male Gremory that is functionally similar.

8 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:
  Hide contents

Hero will probably use the Mercenary moveset with Swordmaster/Mortal Savant using the new one. Felix doesn't look like he's using the existing, nor does the current one feel like a Swordmaster. The real question is what happens to Hero at Master. Is Vanguard or perhaps Griffon Master a thing, or is it a dead end.

I see it as more likely that Dark Flier would be a hybrid lance/magic class. It makes very little sense to suddenly swap weapon types.

Sad to see that they are still screwing over Linhardt, but Holy Knight will probably be a perfectly viable option for him. Perhaps even Trickster if it's magic-enabled. Or War Monk if it exists. Happy that Hubert will have an endgame class (Dark Bishop). Of course, maybe we're all wrong and Dark Bishop is just the male Gremory that is functionally similar.

Spoiler

Regardless of what promotes to what, we have 3 advance swords and 2 master ones. Griffons would be nice of course, but if we get them they'd more likely be an unlikely DLC class, since they weren't in the base game.

My guess is Dark Flier will be a tome user in DLC, if it actually is in the base game it's a hybrid in the Pegasus Knight line almost for sure.

True... poor Lin. Dark Bishop has different abilities than Gremory so they aren't just gender swaps, maybe he'll fit into Dark Bishop anyway though...

33 minutes ago, Ranadiel said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Pretty sure that is a character unique class. 18A is the same weapon advantage skill as Great Lord. So that means a. this is a spear using class and b. it is not a common class as a normal class would be using Sword Breaker 4. Considering what characters are known to be in the game my best guess would be Death Knight. Second best guess would be a unique class for Jeralt. 

Spoiler

So the speculation is that 18A is Sword Buster lv5 (189 is level 4). Makes sense. Barbarossa has 1B6, which would end up being Gauntlet Buster lv5. Given how many empty spaces there are, it makes you wonder how high the "Buster" skills are going to go up in dlc.

6 minutes ago, SearchingForGryphons said:
  Hide contents

Regardless of what promotes to what, we have 3 advance swords and 2 master ones. Griffons would be nice of course, but if we get them they'd more likely be an unlikely DLC class, since they weren't in the base game.

My guess is Dark Flier will be a tome user in DLC, if it actually is in the base game it's a hybrid in the Pegasus Knight line almost for sure.

True... poor Lin. Dark Bishop has different abilities than Gremory so they aren't just gender swaps, maybe he'll fit into Dark Bishop anyway though...

Spoiler

Dark Bishop could be different abilities, similar moveset?

6 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:
  Hide contents

Dark Bishop could be different abilities, similar moveset?

Spoiler

Perhaps it'll be like Robin and Tharja where one uses a variety of elements and the other sticks to dark 

Definitely a possibility at least... granted, so is Dark Bishop being a Mage clone.

21 minutes ago, Burklight said:
  Hide contents

So the speculation is that 18A is Sword Buster lv5 (189 is level 4). Makes sense. Barbarossa has 1B6, which would end up being Gauntlet Buster lv5. Given how many empty spaces there are, it makes you wonder how high the "Buster" skills are going to go up in dlc.

Spoiler

imrZ1nn_d.webp?maxwidth=1280&fidelity=hi
Buster and Resist skills go up to level 10 it seems.

(just noticed there’s no Infantry Buster / Resist Infantry, rip)

35 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Forget about Master Class Hero, what does this mean for female Mercenaries? Are they stuck at Mercenary and unable to use that moveset in any higher classes? Do they have to switch over to the Thief or Swordmaster movesets if they wanna continue wielding a sword?

Fuck gender-locked classes, it pisses me off that they retained that """"feature""" going into this game instead of leaving it behind. I don't understand what possible benefit it provides to the gameplay, especially when it still taunts you by letting them use the weaker versions of the classes but denies them promotions.

Ahem. Anyway, Dark Flier would probably be a sword/magic class, not a lance/magic class. Dark Flier gets a boon in swords, not lances.

3 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:
  Reveal hidden contents

imrZ1nn_d.webp?maxwidth=1280&fidelity=hi
Buster and Resist skills go up to level 10 it seems.

(just noticed there’s no Infantry Buster / Resist Infantry, rip)

Spoiler

Welp, guess I called it without the sprite sheet lol. What do you think the odds are that some of the higher level buster skills are reserved for enemy only nightmare difficulty nonsense?

6 minutes ago, EarthboundAddict said:

Why do we think the advanced classes will be objectively weaker? Would it not be like 3H where a good portion are perfectly fine end game classes on their own?

Because at least going by the datamine, this game seems to be treating master classes as objective upgrades to advanced class, instead of weird sidegrades.