Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes - Awakened Rivals / Demo Available

47 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

Thank goodness, I won't have to waste a Seal on Edelgard so she can be Wyvern Knight/Lord then.
I don't get why gender-locked classes are still a thing though, it's stupidly.... stupid, and I'm worried aboud infantry classes that evolved into horse/flying classes, this give them a weakness.

To be honest, I already think there's too much characters already. If Age of Calamity was bloated (without DLC), then Three Hopes is Hyper-bloated imo.
I mean sure, you gotta use the good unit, but still, except Shez who can just carry.

Warriors fans WANT roster bloat. It's the lifeblood of these games. And with "clones", there's really no excuse to not.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, SearchingForGryphons said:

You can dismount into the infantry class though, which makes them strictly better as they have access to two movesets instead of 1

How the heck did I miss that? I'm blaming the interface! But thanks for telling me so I wouldn't have to discover it too late.
The come back of Mount Emblem.

35 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Warriors fans WANT roster bloat. It's the lifeblood of these games. And with "clones", there's really no excuse to not.

I'm not really a Warriors veteran, my first Warriors ever was Hyrule Warriors on the 3DS, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt:  I feel for a Warriors game to be good, you must have characters, that are different from each others (duh) but also be allowed to use and play with them. Take Hyrule Warriors, there are 31 characters, but it doesn't feel bloated because they are all are all different from each others but also because you can use them in Adventure Mode, which is the bread, the butter, the meat, of the game. There is literally everything to do for every characters and weapons.
OF COURSE, the Adventure Mode is huge as huge can get, so it can be really tiresome to do if you don't have the time for it, there's a reason why I haven't tried to play it again then my previous 3DS died.

I really liked Age of Calamity, but I really felt it failed at that, you didn't have much things to play with the post-game and DLCs characters.

In a unrelated note, I really dislike mage characters in Three Hopes, they are just so freaking slow and awkward to play.

So the Awakening  special it really don't do anything its takes forever to fill up!

I just want the mages to have different  movesets from each other 

I wonder do we any other  classes 

Anymore news from the datamine

1 hour ago, Sbuscoz said:

This is not even a complain, but the fact that the characters only have 1 special makes me slightly disappointed, specially since in the first FEW they had 3.

Five, technically; solo Warrior Special, first and second halves of paired Warrior Specials, Awakening auto-finish, and Awakening manual finish

Three Hopes only having one special for each character (in their preferred class) doesn't bother me as much as it should. Back in FEW you tended to only ever see the paired Warrior Specials and sometimes the Awakening auto-finish anyway, making the others feel like a waste.

So it seems the routes do seem to take place roughly simultaneously like in many Dynasty Warrior games. The early game stages of Edelgard and Dimitri are directly referenced as reasons why Almayra think they can invade. 

The post timeskip chapters of the Golden Deer and Black Eagle also seem to directly lead into each other. In the Golden Deer Route Claude says Edelgard is going to claim the great Bridge so she can advance towards the monastery through Alliance territory. Meanwhile in Edelgard's route she starts out as already having crossed the great bridge and needing to fight some Alliance soldiers to reach the monastery. And while the Golden Deer route implies count Gloucester intends to betray the Alliance, a mook in Edelgard camp confirms Gloucester has indeed defected to the Empire. Lastly the Blue Lion route takes place after Edelgard drove the church out of Gerach Mach.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

1 hour ago, B.Leu said:

How the heck did I miss that? I'm blaming the interface! But thanks for telling me so I wouldn't have to discover it too late.
The come back of Mount Emblem.

I'm not really a Warriors veteran, my first Warriors ever was Hyrule Warriors on the 3DS, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt:  I feel for a Warriors game to be good, you must have characters, that are different from each others (duh) but also be allowed to use and play with them. Take Hyrule Warriors, there are 31 characters, but it doesn't feel bloated because they are all are all different from each others but also because you can use them in Adventure Mode, which is the bread, the butter, the meat, of the game. There is literally everything to do for every characters and weapons.
OF COURSE, the Adventure Mode is huge as huge can get, so it can be really tiresome to do if you don't have the time for it, there's a reason why I haven't tried to play it again then my previous 3DS died.

I really liked Age of Calamity, but I really felt it failed at that, you didn't have much things to play with the post-game and DLCs characters.

In a unrelated note, I really dislike mage characters in Three Hopes, they are just so freaking slow and awkward to play.

I don't agree with that approach. One shouldn't have to feel like there are things to do with every character. In fact, one shouldn't feel railroaded into any particular characters at all. The roster should exist to pick and choose, and if more roster slots means YOUR favorites get in, that is ALWAYS a good thing.

I do not want to play Sylvain, Flayn, and Raphael for any reason. I did not want to play Elise or Rowan for any reason in FEW. Nor Ivankov in Pirate Warriors. Nor Xu Zhu and the Qiaos in Dynasty Warriors. When the game makes me do so, I resent it, and for good reason.

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I don't agree with that approach. One shouldn't have to feel like there are things to do with every character. In fact, one shouldn't feel railroaded into any particular characters at all. The roster should exist to pick and choose, and if more roster slots means YOUR favorites get in, that is ALWAYS a good thing.

I do not want to play Sylvain, Flayn, and Raphael for any reason. I did not want to play Elise or Rowan for any reason in FEW. Nor Ivankov in Pirate Warriors. Nor Xu Zhu and the Qiaos in Dynasty Warriors. When the game makes me do so, I resent it, and for good reason.

Imagine NOT playing every characters at one point.

More seriously this seems, and please don't take this the bad way, grain of salt, almost against the games, you might not like playing a character, but going as far as turning up your nose to one is strange, especially if the story is present.
Plus you are acting as if the Adventure Mode in HW forced you to play one character all the time, when it's not the case, and that things will be different in TH when the weapon triangle,  weaknesses, and story will railroad us to play certain characters instead of others.

And also good luck for the Completionists like me who will certainly try to 100% plain the games

Spoiler

I can't blame you for not wanting to play Rowan though.

1 hour ago, B.Leu said:

Imagine NOT playing every characters at one point.

More seriously this seems, and please don't take this the bad way, grain of salt, almost against the games, you might not like playing a character, but going as far as turning up your nose to one is strange, especially if the story is present.
Plus you are acting as if the Adventure Mode in HW forced you to play one character all the time, when it's not the case, and that things will be different in TH when the weapon triangle,  weaknesses, and story will railroad us to play certain characters instead of others.

And also good luck for the Completionists like me who will certainly try to 100% plain the games

Hide contents

I can't blame you for not wanting to play Rowan though.

Choosing not to play a character is a completely valid choice, and it's why I LOVE weapon/class swapping. It lets me play the moveset without playing the trash it's attached to (and conversely lets me play characters I like even if I don't like their moveset).

Also, they shouldn't be designing the game around completionists, and I say that as someone who has completed a Warriors game, and attempted several others. They should be designing in such a way as to please as many people as possible, and a big roster does that. If that gives completionists more to do, so be it.

22 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Also, they shouldn't be designing the game around completionists, and I say that as someone who has completed a Warriors game, and attempted several others. They should be designing in such a way as to please as many people as possible, and a big roster does that. If that gives completionists more to do, so be it.

Yeah. Given completionism is a purely self imposed challenge I don't think the dev should take it into account much. 

I actually kinda liked that Hyrule Warriors incentivized you to use the whole roster. It made me appreciate every character on the roster for what made them unique and also made me feel closer to them0 outside the context of hw. Hell I played links awakening just because I really liked how Marin played. I know its not for everyone but I like using all the characters the game has to offer

Another example would be the older Dynasty and Samurai Warriors games. In Samurai Warriors 2 for example, every character has a 5 part story mode, a gaiden chapter and 2 weapons that can be unlocked after beating their story mode which means you have to play each character a minimum of 8 times for 100% completion. Some people may find that annoying but... I like it. Lets you familiarize yourself with every character and their gimmicks

Edited by EarthboundAddict

Yeah, I liked how Hyrule Warriors' Adventure Mode maps featured character-specific missions to make sure you give everybody some love. It'd be better if some of those characters didn't suck ass (Agitha...), but that's a consequence of moveset misbalancing, not the character restrictions themselves.

With how Three Hopes is set up I wouldn't expect anything like that, but if we ever get a direct sequel to the original FEW I'd hope for a few missions with pre-determined character deployments.

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So it seems the routes do seem to take place roughly simultaneously like in many Dynasty Warrior games. The early game stages of Edelgard and Dimitri are directly referenced as reasons why Almayra think they can invade. 

The post timeskip chapters of the Golden Deer and Black Eagle also seem to directly lead into each other. In the Golden Deer Route Claude says Edelgard is going to claim the great Bridge so she can advance towards the monastery through Alliance territory. Meanwhile in Edelgard's route she starts out as already having crossed the great bridge and needing to fight some Alliance soldiers to reach the monastery. And while the Golden Deer route implies count Gloucester intends to betray the Alliance, a mook in Edelgard camp confirms Gloucester has indeed defected to the Empire. Lastly the Blue Lion route takes place after Edelgard drove the church out of Gerach Mach.

Wow, you have great attention to detail! I wasn’t entirely sure there was a specific order of when each route started after the time skip. I just assumed that after the time skip, they all literally start simultaneously. It really makes sense that in the Blue Lions route, Dmitri and the gang are already making plans to meet Lady Rhea in the Valley of Torment after the Black Eagles crossed over the bridge to Garrag Mach, the same place which the Golden Deers intended to protect.

I’m glad that we are getting different angles of a singular, concrete story from each house. Makes me have more hope that there will be a turning point in the story where all routes will eventually combine after completing all three perspectives of Part 1. (I just noticed that small detail in the save file description. There has to be a cumulative Part 2 to this story, right? Data mines probably confirm it, but I’m not looking at ‘em)

Decided to look at the Datamine again, this time looking at the learned skills one can obtain from classes.
-- As a note, remember this is just from the demo. The actual retail version may have much more information.

Spoiler

1. Looks like Dark Mage/Dark Bishop is indeed gender-locked, as no skills are learned for female characters.
-- And yeah, Gremory is also gender-locked, so no real Master Black/White magic class for male characters.

2. Hero doesn't have anything, so I'm guessing its leftover code or NPC use only.
-- Guess it just goes Myrmidon, Mercenary, Swordmaster, Mortal Savant as linear progression.

3. War Monk, Valkyrie, and Dark Flier also have no learned skills. May be leftover code as well.

Otherwise, it looks like it'll be interesting seeing how all the skills stack up regarding character builds.
-- Not only there's Personal Skills unique to each character, but the Learned Skills from each class can also differ somewhat character to character.
-- Toss in unique stat caps for characters as well, and there is likely to be good build variety despite the classes sharing movesets.
-- This doesn't even count Combat Arts and Magic potentially being different across characters!

While Vantage is a bit meh, the Desperation & Wrath combo is looking amazing for taking down enemy officers.
-- Some characters may be able to use Battalion versions of those skills, which may be easier/harder to manage depending on strategy used.

As for normal gameplay, I learned that blocking may actually be worthwhile as if one managed to Perfect Block, it will briefly stun nearby enemies and immediately bring up the Stun Gauge.
-- Guess Perfect Block may be better off thought as a "Parry" of sorts, especially if it can bring up the Stun Gauge.
-- Personally, I'm used to dodging (rolling) around, so if I'm going to take advantage, it may take some getting used to.
=== As an aside, a Perfect Dodge makes all attacks "critical" for a short time. I imagine depleting the Stun Gauge to be much more useful though, so we'll see how this develops.
=== Yes, I'm starting to actually read through the tutorials to see if there's stuff I missed. Is it the 24th yet?

1 hour ago, EarthboundAddict said:

I actually like playing as Agitha. she's not nearly as bad or hard to use as people make her out to be. At least for me. I'm probably one of the few people who use her outside the missions shes forced

I know somebody else who swears by Agitha as their main.

But I've 100%'ed both the Wii U and Switch versions of Hyrule Warriors and sunk in more culmulative hours than I'd like to admit, and at the end of the day I still consider her one of the worst characters in the game. Even so, I wouldn't want the game to remove character-locked missions over it.

FE Warriors, on the other hand, had no bad movesets, which was nice. The worst one in the game was Corrin's but even then it was still fun and easy to use, just not as good as the rest.

Edited by Anomalocaris

9 hours ago, Sire said:
  Hide contents

Otherwise, it looks like it'll be interesting seeing how all the skills stack up regarding character builds.
-- Not only there's Personal Skills unique to each character, but the Learned Skills from each class can also differ somewhat character to character.
-- Toss in unique stat caps for characters as well, and there is likely to be good build variety despite the classes sharing movesets.
-- This doesn't even count Combat Arts and Magic potentially being different across characters!

While Vantage is a bit meh, the Desperation & Wrath combo is looking amazing for taking down enemy officers.
-- Some characters may be able to use Battalion versions of those skills, which may be easier/harder to manage depending on strategy used.

As for normal gameplay, I learned that blocking may actually be worthwhile as if one managed to Perfect Block, it will briefly stun nearby enemies and immediately bring up the Stun Gauge.
-- Guess Perfect Block may be better off thought as a "Parry" of sorts, especially if it can bring up the Stun Gauge.
-- Personally, I'm used to dodging (rolling) around, so if I'm going to take advantage, it may take some getting used to.
=== As an aside, a Perfect Dodge makes all attacks "critical" for a short time. I imagine depleting the Stun Gauge to be much more useful though, so we'll see how this develops.
=== Yes, I'm starting to actually read through the tutorials to see if there's stuff I missed. Is it the 24th yet?

Spoiler

Mysterious Mercenary and the associated press release already kinda mentioned that Combat Arts / Magic vary between characters as they gain weapon rank. However there's also the ability for certain CA/magic to be taught to an ally as well...

I honestly haven't worked out where the crit damage boost would outweigh guaranteeing stun gauge reveal; and IIRC both have an associated skill (whether it's a personal or class one) to increase the perfect dodge or guard window. I guess it again will be class / character / build dependent.

I think its interesting that Leonie and Lysithea swap places in regards to Ignatz. 

In Three Houses Lysithea ruthlessly bullies poor Ignatz just for existing, but in their Hopes C support she's surprisingly complimentary to him. Their Houses supports always reflected really poorly on her so its nice that she gets some redemption.

Leonie isn't overtly jerkish to Ignatz but she does at one point say about his nerves ''Okay this is getting pathetic, someone talk some sense into her''. I find it a bit unfortunate since Leonie being so unfailingly gentle with Ignatz was one of her better qualities in Three Houses. It implied that she deliberately kept her at times very obnoxious temper in check when it came to people who didn't deserve, or couldn't stand up to it, which reflected well on her.

Will we see a "one more week" trailer this Friday? And if so, what do y'all think will be in it? Will it be a story trailer? A trailer that shows us characters we haven't been able to play as yet? Something else entirely?

Personally, I think we'll see one because I'd be surprised if Nintendo didn't push a trailer out either on Friday or on Monday.

Edited by Use the Falchion

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

In regards to the datamining, is there any reason to believe either Trickster or Mortal Savant might have magic enabled? I was considering one of these paths for Linhardt.

The info posted on the document does not provide any indication of what classes have spells enabled as far as I can tell. I would assume they do since they all the other classes have been fairly faithful and we know that non-mages having spells is a confirmed thing because Fluegel gets them.

1 hour ago, Use the Falchion said:

Will we see a "one more week" trailer this Friday?

I doubt it since I'm pretty sure I saw someone mention that the Japanese trailer was labelled as "Final Trailer."

1 hour ago, Ranadiel said:

The info posted on the document does not provide any indication of what classes have spells enabled as far as I can tell. I would assume they do since they all the other classes have been fairly faithful and we know that non-mages having spells is a confirmed thing because Fluegel gets them.

I do wonder about

Spoiler

Silverheart/EO though as their Ploy description refers to Mage Knight (Gelbenritter / Tiny Hands moment) - I'd suspect these classes also have R trigger magic, but maybe they do something similar to HK/DK in some of their charge attack strings?

I think any further trailers will be peri- or post-release (including DLC if that's being decided on).

Someone made a list of preferred classes based on what they learn in those class:

Spoiler

Preferred Classes
Looking through the learn list, I was able to figure out every character's preferred Advanced and Master class based on where they learn "Apex (weapon type)" and their Breaker skill. For most characters they learn Apex in their preferred Advanced class and Breaker in their preferred Master class. For characters with unique classes, they learn their Apex in a class that uses the same weapon type and Breaker in their unique class.

Sword Classes

• Swordmaster -> Unique (Shez, Byleth, Rhea)
  • Swordmaster -> Mortal Savant (Felix, Catherine, Holst)
  • Assassin -> Trickster (Petra, Yuri)

Spear Classes

• Paladin -> Unique (Dimitri, Jeritza)
  • Paladin -> Falcon Knight (Ingrid)
  • Paladin -> Dark Knight (Lorenz)
  • Paladin -> Holy Knight (Ferdinand, Sylvain, Leonie, Jeralt, Rodrigue, Gatekeeper)

Axe Classes

• Fortress Knight -> Unique (Edelgard)
  • Wyvern Rider -> Wyveryn Lord (Seteth)
  • Warrior -> Wyvern Lord (Caspar, Hilda)
  • Fortress Knight -> Great Knight (Dedue)

Bow Classes

• Sniper -> Unique (Claude)
  • Sniper -> Bow Knight (Bernadetta, Ashe, Ignatz, Shamir)

Tome Classes

• Dark Mage -> Dark Bishop (Hubert)
  • Bishop -> Dark Bishop (Linhardt)
  • Bishop -> Gremory (Mercedes, Marianne, Manuela, Flayn)
  • Warlock -> Gremory (Dorothea, Anette, Lysithea, Constance, Hapi, Monica, Sothis)
  • (None?) -> Gremory (Arval(F))
  • Dark Mage -> (None?) (Arval(M))

Gauntlet Classes

• Grappler -> War Master (Raphael, Balthus)

No Preferred Class

• Hanneman, Cyril, Alois, Gilbert, Anna, 3 unknown characters that have data between Holst and Sothis

Nothing super exciting now, but a few tweets of note:

Presumably Yuri/Balthus tomorrow, but I'm not sure what they'll do from that point onwards.

The character postcard total is 35. In terms of characters who would make sense on these:
- Both Shezes are confirmed (from previous images back in April I think?)
- Eagles, Lions, Deer, Wolves - for 28
This leaves 5 slots left, which doesn't actually cover all the other playable characters in the demo if we also want to include Arval. Hmm...