Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes - Awakened Rivals / Demo Available

10 minutes ago, Ranadiel said:

The person putting together the datamine has finished working on it till release. I've finished doing the analyses that I was looking to do, so nothing new from me.

Here is a summary I wrote on Gamefaqs about all that we know from the datamine:

Reveal hidden contents

General Findings
Each route has at least 15 chapters and 1 interlude (unclear how or when this is used). In addition to those chapters, there are 6 chapters that do not appear to be affiliated with a route and a seventh chapter that is an "alternate path" of one of the six unaffiliated routes. Images of the chapter title screens have been found and they include 1 for the prologue, 3 for the house routes, and 1 unknown one probably related to some or all of the 6 unaffiliated chapters. A final note on this, there are four versions of the Awakening song in the files. Three of them are named after the routes, the fourth is named Dark Dawning, which seems consistent with the tone of the unknown chapter title screen.
Chapter title screen images:  https://imgur.com/a/QTZ6BXi

New Game+ is confirmed. Carry over appears to include levels (selectable on a per unit basis?), support levels, items, gold, and class levels. Additionally the renown shop can get additional items (presumably via NG+). These items include crest items, equipment, unlockable units, and an item that instantly conquers a region. We have no info on these items besides they exist.

Dancer is confirmed to be in game as there is a system message for when you unlock it. No details about how you unlock it are currently know. It is a Master tier class.

Characters appear to be recruitable in more than a single route as some characters have ages listed in their profile data from multiple routes. The current assumption is that if a character has a 0 in their age for a route, they are not recruitable.

There is class data in the demo for Hero, War Monk, Dark Flier, and Valkyrie. However no character has any learned abilities with them, so they do are not likely for release. Other classes that are included in the data without learn sets include Rufus's Prionsa class, Shahid's Gurgan, and Agastya.

Playable Characters
Based on the data that is currently available, the following characters appear to have most if not all of the assets necessary for being playable including a head model separate from their body model, personal abilities, profile date including age, and learn lists. Some of them are missing a map pixel head meaning they do not have 100% of the data in the demo. I am including anyone who was not shown in a trailer and was not playable in the demo.

• Seteth
  • Flayn
  • Catherine (lacking a pixel head in the extracted sprites)
  • Jeralt
  • Rhea (has pixel art in data, but not used if hacked into party)
  • Holst
  • Sothis (lacking a pixel head)
  • Arval (M/F) (lacking a pixel head)
  • Gatekeeper
  • Regarding Arval, currently Arval has two units in the code that have learn lists. One is male and one is female. It is not clear at this time whether Arval's gender is variable (e.g., based on Shez's gender) or if one of the two is not intended to be unused.

Additionally the following four characters have some of the necessary attributes (mostly just a separate head and body model), but are lacking the attributes the above characters have. Looking closely at their ability learn lists, they seem to have mostly default lists as they have not been adjusted to remove abilities from female exclusive classes. Additionally, they are lacking any ages in their profile data suggesting they are not recruitable on any route.

• Hanneman
  • Cyril
  • Alois
  • Gilbert

As a final note, Anna has been identified as having an ability learn list by spells on one of the unidentified characters in the datamine, but like the above four, it is mostly a default list as it still includes male exclusive classes. Additionally, there are no units currently in the files that have her Crest of Ernest.

Preferred Classes
Looking through the learn list, I was able to figure out every character's preferred Advanced and Master class based on where they learn "Apex (weapon type)" and their Breaker skill. For most characters they learn Apex in their preferred Advanced class and Breaker in their preferred Master class. For characters with unique classes, they learn their Apex in a class that uses the same weapon type and Breaker in their unique class.

Sword Classes

• Swordmaster -> Unique (Shez, Byleth, Rhea)
  • Swordmaster -> Mortal Savant (Felix, Catherine, Holst)
  • Assassin -> Trickster (Petra, Yuri)

Spear Classes

• Paladin -> Unique (Dimitri, Jeritza)
  • Paladin -> Falcon Knight (Ingrid)
  • Paladin -> Dark Knight (Lorenz)
  • Paladin -> Holy Knight (Ferdinand, Sylvain, Leonie, Jeralt, Rodrigue, Gatekeeper)

Axe Classes

• Fortress Knight -> Unique (Edelgard)
  • Wyvern Rider -> Wyveryn Lord (Seteth)
  • Warrior -> Wyvern Lord (Caspar, Hilda)
  • Fortress Knight -> Great Knight (Dedue)

Bow Classes

• Sniper -> Unique (Claude)
  • Sniper -> Bow Knight (Bernadetta, Ashe, Ignatz, Shamir)

Tome Classes

• Dark Mage -> Dark Bishop (Hubert)
  • Bishop -> Dark Bishop (Linhardt)
  • Bishop -> Gremory (Mercedes, Marianne, Manuela, Flayn)
  • Warlock -> Gremory (Dorothea, Anette, Lysithea, Constance, Hapi, Monica, Sothis)
  • (None?) -> Gremory (Arval(F))
  • Dark Mage -> (None?) (Arval(M))

Gauntlet Classes

• Grappler -> War Master (Raphael, Balthus)

No Preferred Class

• Hanneman, Cyril, Alois, Gilbert, Anna, 3 unknown characters that have data between Holst and Sothis

I guess I might as well also post some mock-ups of the full class charts based on a combination of Japanese screenshots and the info from the datamine. Used the sprite images from the Three Houses class page here, so don't take a character's inclusion to mean they are playable.

swordchartcut.jpg.6cfdbf38ae78443d24c1e921dcc0639f.jpg

lancechartcut.jpg.dfa85f354a6e6c421eea42027d997172.jpg

warriorchartcut.jpg.7cfc55ec02d188091adb0f4e543facd4.jpg

tomechartcut.jpg.6e7841786ed7f7ca74c40e99ea72739e.jpg

Thank you for this 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Ranadiel said:
Spoiler

A final note on this, there are four versions of the Awakening song in the files. Three of them are named after the routes, the fourth is named Dark Dawning, which seems consistent with the tone of the unknown chapter title screen.

That fourth Awakening theme is associated with Shez (first plays in Ch 0, but remains when using Awakening with them), and I wonder if it's also associated with 'unaffiliated' characters (probably the domain of spoiler characters tbh). Though admittedly...:

Spoiler

it doesn't even feel particularly Agarthan, let alone Nabatean, so it could very well be just limited to Shez...

47 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Do we have any idea what the "apex skills" are?

And do we know how Breaker skills differ from Buster skills?

Apex (weapon type) - Increases critical hit damage when equipped with a (weapon type).

(Weapon type) Buster - Grants one tier greater advantage against enemies equipped with (weapon types)s. Increases damage to them by [0:NUMBER]%. (Number determined by rank)

(Weapon type)breaker - Effective against enemies equipped with (weapon type)s.

Buster skills have multiple ranks with normal classes going from 1-4 (80%-100%?), unique classes appearing to get 5 (105%?), and ranks 6-10 seeming to exist in the code but unused.

Breaker's description isn't really helpful, but I would guess that it means that it increases your advantage level by one level.

Edited by Ranadiel

10 minutes ago, Ranadiel said:

Apex (weapon type) - Increases critical hit damage when equipped with a (weapon type).

(Weapon type) Buster - Grants one tier greater advantage against enemies equipped with (weapon types)s. Increases damage to them by [0:NUMBER]%. (Number determined by rank)

Buster skills have multiple ranks with normal classes going from 1-4 (80%-100%?), unique classes appearing to get 5 (105%?), and ranks 6-10 seeming to exist in the code but unused.

Breaker's description isn't really helpful, but I would guess that it means that it increases your advantage level by one level.

It might be like the bow vs flying type of advantage.

Looking at the UI it looks like there is enough space both in the Convoy summary screen and the Set Abilities screen for hypothetically ten equipped abilities. Not sure what the unlock rate would be if that is the max though (7 for Advanced and 10 for Master?).

11 hours ago, Ranadiel said:

The person putting together the datamine has finished working on it till release. I've finished doing the analyses that I was looking to do, so nothing new from me.

Here is a summary I wrote on Gamefaqs about all that we know from the datamine:

Reveal hidden contents

General Findings
Each route has at least 15 chapters and 1 interlude (unclear how or when this is used). In addition to those chapters, there are 6 chapters that do not appear to be affiliated with a route and a seventh chapter that is an "alternate path" of one of the six unaffiliated routes. Images of the chapter title screens have been found and they include 1 for the prologue, 3 for the house routes, and 1 unknown one probably related to some or all of the 6 unaffiliated chapters. A final note on this, there are four versions of the Awakening song in the files. Three of them are named after the routes, the fourth is named Dark Dawning, which seems consistent with the tone of the unknown chapter title screen.
Chapter title screen images:  https://imgur.com/a/QTZ6BXi

New Game+ is confirmed. Carry over appears to include levels (selectable on a per unit basis?), support levels, items, gold, and class levels. Additionally the renown shop can get additional items (presumably via NG+). These items include crest items, equipment, unlockable units, and an item that instantly conquers a region. We have no info on these items besides they exist.

Dancer is confirmed to be in game as there is a system message for when you unlock it. No details about how you unlock it are currently know. It is a Master tier class.

Characters appear to be recruitable in more than a single route as some characters have ages listed in their profile data from multiple routes. The current assumption is that if a character has a 0 in their age for a route, they are not recruitable.

There is class data in the demo for Hero, War Monk, Dark Flier, and Valkyrie. However no character has any learned abilities with them, so they do are not likely for release. Other classes that are included in the data without learn sets include Rufus's Prionsa class, Shahid's Gurgan, and Agastya.

Playable Characters
Based on the data that is currently available, the following characters appear to have most if not all of the assets necessary for being playable including a head model separate from their body model, personal abilities, profile date including age, and learn lists. Some of them are missing a map pixel head meaning they do not have 100% of the data in the demo. I am including anyone who was not shown in a trailer and was not playable in the demo.

• Seteth
  • Flayn
  • Catherine (lacking a pixel head in the extracted sprites)
  • Jeralt
  • Rhea (has pixel art in data, but not used if hacked into party)
  • Holst
  • Sothis (lacking a pixel head)
  • Arval (M/F) (lacking a pixel head)
  • Gatekeeper
  • Regarding Arval, currently Arval has two units in the code that have learn lists. One is male and one is female. It is not clear at this time whether Arval's gender is variable (e.g., based on Shez's gender) or if one of the two is not intended to be unused.

Additionally the following four characters have some of the necessary attributes (mostly just a separate head and body model), but are lacking the attributes the above characters have. Looking closely at their ability learn lists, they seem to have mostly default lists as they have not been adjusted to remove abilities from female exclusive classes. Additionally, they are lacking any ages in their profile data suggesting they are not recruitable on any route.

• Hanneman
  • Cyril
  • Alois
  • Gilbert

As a final note, Anna has been identified as having an ability learn list by spells on one of the unidentified characters in the datamine, but like the above four, it is mostly a default list as it still includes male exclusive classes. Additionally, there are no units currently in the files that have her Crest of Ernest.

Preferred Classes
Looking through the learn list, I was able to figure out every character's preferred Advanced and Master class based on where they learn "Apex (weapon type)" and their Breaker skill. For most characters they learn Apex in their preferred Advanced class and Breaker in their preferred Master class. For characters with unique classes, they learn their Apex in a class that uses the same weapon type and Breaker in their unique class.

Sword Classes

• Swordmaster -> Unique (Shez, Byleth, Rhea)
  • Swordmaster -> Mortal Savant (Felix, Catherine, Holst)
  • Assassin -> Trickster (Petra, Yuri)

Spear Classes

• Paladin -> Unique (Dimitri, Jeritza)
  • Paladin -> Falcon Knight (Ingrid)
  • Paladin -> Dark Knight (Lorenz)
  • Paladin -> Holy Knight (Ferdinand, Sylvain, Leonie, Jeralt, Rodrigue, Gatekeeper)

Axe Classes

• Fortress Knight -> Unique (Edelgard)
  • Wyvern Rider -> Wyveryn Lord (Seteth)
  • Warrior -> Wyvern Lord (Caspar, Hilda)
  • Fortress Knight -> Great Knight (Dedue)

Bow Classes

• Sniper -> Unique (Claude)
  • Sniper -> Bow Knight (Bernadetta, Ashe, Ignatz, Shamir)

Tome Classes

• Dark Mage -> Dark Bishop (Hubert)
  • Bishop -> Dark Bishop (Linhardt)
  • Bishop -> Gremory (Mercedes, Marianne, Manuela, Flayn)
  • Warlock -> Gremory (Dorothea, Anette, Lysithea, Constance, Hapi, Monica, Sothis)
  • (None?) -> Gremory (Arval(F))
  • Dark Mage -> (None?) (Arval(M))

Gauntlet Classes

• Grappler -> War Master (Raphael, Balthus)

No Preferred Class

• Hanneman, Cyril, Alois, Gilbert, Anna, 3 unknown characters that have data between Holst and Sothis

I guess I might as well also post some mock-ups of the full class charts based on a combination of Japanese screenshots and the info from the datamine. Used the sprite images from the Three Houses class page here, so don't take a character's inclusion to mean they are playable.

NGL I'm a little annoyed that you'd share the classes openly, since I felt like I was trying to avoid some of the datamined stuff. That being said, this is beneficial for unit-planning, so thank you. (Also thank you for putting spoiler tags around the other info. I won't be looking at it.) 

It's interesting to see Dark Bishop as a Master Class. I'm happy for and intrigued by the change. No Dark Flier or Malig Knight, which stinks but isn't surprising. (Although I AM surprised about why Malig Knight wasn't brought back at all. It was such a cool class and concept!) At least my Ashe is on the right track to become a Wyvern Rider. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

11 hours ago, Ranadiel said:

11 hours ago, ciphertul said:

It might be like the bow vs flying type of advantage.

Breaker should be +3 if we go by bow vs flier.

After all there are 

Spoiler

icons that go up to +5 advantage which I'd imagine triggers the relevant achievement.

On 6/18/2022 at 8:48 PM, Ranadiel said:

Spoiler

I guess I am a little disappointed by the Master class progression. So few infantry master class, and Paladin have to become hybrid classes instead of gaining access to Great Knight. 

4 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

I guess I am a little disappointed by the Master class progression. So few infantry master class, and Paladin have to become hybrid classes instead of gaining access to Great Knight. 

Spoiler

I mean, technically every class is an infantry master class. You can dismount. And unlike in Three Houses, dismounting is a viable choice. I'm more worried about characters like Caspar, Hilda, Bernie, Shamir, etc. potentially having to wear ugly class defaults just to progress in their preferred class line.

Holy Knight is only barely a "hybrid class" by the looks of it. It's treated as a lance paladin with the option to do magic. Emphasis on option, because it just means that you'll have to weigh whether you'd rather take combat arts of spells (likely a combat art and an area heal).

I do agree that there are key aspects in which the class system does really let down. There was no reason for War Master to be from Grappler rather than Warrior when War Monk exists. The lack of Hero, Dark Flier, and War Monk is deeply unfortunate. Lack of variety for lance and bow characters is unfortunate.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

I kinda feel like the Holy Knight is a Gold Knight equivalent for lance cavs (at least from the very limited footage we've seen of it), with the Dark Knight as the more hybrid approach.

Spoiler

Paladin to Great Knight would require a primary weapon change which doesn't seem to be how progression is structured this time around, so it's understandable that it's not the progression.

WM coming off only Grappler still sucks.

Edited by tipperthescales

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I mean, technically every class is an infantry master class. You can dismount. And unlike in Three Houses, dismounting is a viable choice. I'm more worried about characters like Caspar, Hilda, Bernie, Shamir, etc. potentially having to wear ugly class defaults just to progress in their preferred class line.

Holy Knight is only barely a "hybrid class" by the looks of it. It's treated as a lance paladin with the option to do magic. Emphasis on option, because it just means that you'll have to weigh whether you'd rather take combat arts of spells (likely a combat art and an area heal).

I do agree that there are key aspects in which the class system does really let down. There was no reason for War Master to be from Grappler rather than Warrior when War Monk exists. The lack of Hero, Dark Flier, and War Monk is deeply unfortunate. Lack of variety for lance and bow characters is unfortunate.

I'm sure they'll have their normal fits if it's their preferred classes.

I'm in no mood to go through this topic for unmarked spoilers, so I'll put this here.

PUT SPOILERS IN SPOILER TAGS!

In other words, if it's not in the demo/other material before release, it's a spoiler.

I'm afraid the Blions might have blown their loud a bit earlier. The whole Duscur saga seems pretty wrapped up. The guilty are exposed and punished, Duscur is liberated, the corrupt western lords are brought to heel and things are all hunky dory in Fearghus again. In short a lot of the awful traits that made the Kingdom interesting are no longer there. 

Also Rufus turned out to be a surprisingly well rounded character. He had fairly understandable motivations, regret about what he had done and accurate suspicions that Dimitri is a basket case. Its unfortunate that he only had one stage to show his mettle. Cornelia allowing him to start a civil war and get toppled is pretty weird though. In doing so Dimitri gets to become king and starts fixing all those problems that made the Kingdom so ridiculously easy to destroy in Three Houses. 

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm afraid the Blions might have blown their loud a bit earlier. The whole Duscur saga seems pretty wrapped up. The guilty are exposed and punished, Duscur is liberated, the corrupt western lords are brought to heel and things are all hunky dory in Fearghus again. In short a lot of the awful traits that made the Kingdom interesting are no longer there. 

Also Rufus turned out to be a surprisingly well rounded character. He had fairly understandable motivations, regret about what he had done and accurate suspicions that Dimitri is a basket case. Its unfortunate that he only had one stage to show his mettle. Cornelia allowing him to start a civil war and get toppled is pretty weird though. In doing so Dimitri gets to become king and starts fixing all those problems that made the Kingdom so ridiculously easy to destroy in Three Houses. 

I mean hey. The game specifically frames it as Dimitri being "closer to the truth". The Duscur plotline can't be done yet. We still don't have anything for Dimitri and the Slitherers. What about Anselma too?

It's implied that Cornelia manipulated him to push that war to begin with after Thales pointed out that their group is getting outed. She tried to start off her epic coup plan early by having Dimitri and Rufus fight each other. Scarlet Blaze has Thales message Cornelia and Cornelia kicks things into high gear. It makes sense to me.

Spoiler

The recruitment datamine has some pretty wild implications.

Spoiler

Azure Gleam seems objectively the best from a recruitment standpoint. It's the only route to get native users of every moveset (CB loses out on Swordmaster, Falcon Knight, and Fortress Knight while GW loses out on Fortress Knight and Falcon Knight), assuming Seteth is actually a wyvern rider and not a cavalier. DLC to add in characters for these classes would be much appreciated.

The wildly varying recruitment levels of the Wolves implies story involvement on an individual level.

Rhea, Arval, Sothis, and likely Gatekeeper are postgame or NG+ units with no story bearing.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Azure Gleam seems objectively the best from a recruitment standpoint. It's the only route to get native users of every moveset (CB loses out on Swordmaster, Falcon Knight, and Fortress Knight while GW loses out on Fortress Knight and Falcon Knight), assuming Seteth is actually a wyvern rider and not a cavalier. DLC to add in characters for these classes would be much appreciated.

The wildly varying recruitment levels of the Wolves implies story involvement on an individual level.

Rhea, Arval, Sothis, and likely Gatekeeper are postgame or NG+ units with no story bearing.

Spoiler

Arval (M) and Arval (F)? So what, the answer to what is Arval's gender is actually "both"? Based on Shez's gender, maybe?

So for some other stuff from the datamine:

Spoiler

There have been some textures extracted from the game that would appear to indicate that we are getting three new Relic tomes (Timoetheos, Charon, and Lamine). Additionally there are a couple of new Sacred Weapon tomes including Cethleann and Noa. And there are a few other tomes that look like they could possibly be personal weapons. So it is possible that every character could be getting a persona weapon of some kind.

1 hour ago, Florete said:
  Hide contents

Arval (M) and Arval (F)? So what, the answer to what is Arval's gender is actually "both"? Based on Shez's gender, maybe?

Spoiler

They are two different units. It is currently unclear how the two of them work, but I suspect Arval's gender being based on Shez's gender is likely.

3 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

It does make me wonder if 50 is the level cap as that is the highest lvl you can recruit and it seems to be more inline with post game characters. 

While not confirmed it has hinted at thru data mine that stat caps are a bit on the low side, couple that is the really odd growth rates I can see a lot of level resetting. Like my Bernie has 9 Def but 18 res.

5 minutes ago, ciphertul said:
  Hide contents

It does make me wonder if 50 is the level cap as that is the highest lvl you can recruit and it seems to be more inline with post game characters. 

While not confirmed it has hinted at thru data mine that stat caps are a bit on the low side, couple that is the really odd growth rates I can see a lot of level resetting. Like my Bernie has 9 Def but 18 res.

Spoiler

Eh, if I'm right and this is a replay-focused game like All Stars was, you're not supposed to cap everything. But NG+ with all the renown-based stat items would let you do so anyway. That sounds like less of a hassle than resetting many times with a Master class equipped and hoping for the best.

6 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Eh, if I'm right and this is a replay-focused game like All Stars was, you're not supposed to cap everything. But NG+ with all the renown-based stat items would let you do so anyway. That sounds like less of a hassle than resetting many times with a Master class equipped and hoping for the best.

Spoiler

It still is a problem when Bernie as a Archer is supposed to beat Brawlers but has next to no Def and lose to Mages while having a high Res.

Spoiler

One of the more subtle things that stuck out to me was Balthus being a Brawler at 22 and a WM at 26. So you get master classes around level 25, probably. Lower than I would have thought.

Just now, Burklight said:
  Hide contents

One of the more subtle things that stuck out to me was Balthus being a Brawler at 22 and a WM at 26. So you get master classes around level 25, probably. Lower than I would have thought.

Spoiler

Well as it sit, 50 might be the cap. We don’t know for sure but a data miner claimed the stats cap between 30 at the low end and 70 at the high end. If both caps are true then it would be pretty well inline.