Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes - Awakened Rivals / Demo Available

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Okay, but like... how do I get from point A to point B without dying horribly, a lot. Is there a way to replay Chapters 1-3?

Not that I know of. Free play only opens up after the map is available which is during Chapter 4.

I never had much of a problem with S-Ranks, although I admit the enemy's damage output can be crazy at times (Black Eagles, haven't tried Blue Lions or Golden Deer open maps yet).
-- Perhaps it may be to me playing somewhat cautiously if I'm really low level (like fielding a level 1 in one of the CH 4 maps), or making sure I try to dodge out of enemy blows. I never block, so maybe its just enemy composition or something.

So I don't know if others have seen this but apparently you can have character learn combat arts or spells that they wouldn't normally thru the adjutant system. 

Edited by ciphertul

4 hours ago, Seazas said:

Disagree. Mangs is just overly negative and was looking for thing after thing to complain about even when a lot of it wasn't an issue. 

Hey, I didn't agree with him on everything; but the dialogue tree is largely superficial outside of farming support points.

4 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

People still watch Mangs? And respect his opinion on anything?

Well, there's his chatroom; but that's already an low blow

Looks like there is some datamined information from the Demo lurking about now, so be careful if you want to avoid spoilers.

As for me, I went into it as I like learning about things. The spoiler below has potential datamine information, please proceed at own risk!

Spoiler

1. Yes, Byleth is recruitable. There's an achievement for it.

2. There seem to be 15 chapters per route, although Scarlet Blaze may have an alternative finale which is interesting.
-- No indication of a 4th secret route/golden route, although it was said the demo may have scrubbed most of the important stuff.

3. There doesn't seem to be S-Rank in this title. Some users have mentioned there's no "Romance Rating in JP" for Three Hopes, unlike Three Houses, so make of that as you will.

4. There is NG+. (Guess it's back to mono-routes for me, which I was leaning towards anyways.)

5. There is a Maddening Difficulty.

47 minutes ago, Sire said:

Looks like there is some datamined information from the Demo lurking about now, so be careful if you want to avoid spoilers.

As for me, I went into it as I like learning about things. The spoiler below has potential datamine information, please proceed at own risk!

Reveal hidden contents

2. There seem to be 15 chapters per route, although Scarlet Blaze may have an alternative finale which is interesting.
-- No indication of a 4th secret route/golden route, although it was said the demo may have scrubbed most of the important stuff.

3. There doesn't seem to be S-Rank in this title. Some users have mentioned there's no "Romance Rating in JP" for Three Hopes, unlike Three Houses, so make of that as you will.

4. There is NG+. (Guess it's back to mono-routes for me, which I was leaning towards anyways.)

The Reddit page says that

Spoiler

There's a Fourth NG+ route. 

But I also didn't decipher most of the info. More thoughts on the leaks you provided and the non GoogleDocs stuff at a later time, probably when I air all of my opinions on the demo. 

1 hour ago, Sire said:

Reveal hidden contents

I want to avoid story spoilers so I won’t read the document. But does it mention anything about a New Game+ and if we’re able to combine different save datas for routes? Or must all houses be done in the same save file to reach a “golden” route ending? ( ‘cause I feel it’s obvious that all routes will eventually combine.)

12 minutes ago, Azurixx said:

I want to avoid story spoilers so I won’t read the document. But does it mention anything about a New Game+ and if we’re able to combine different save datas for routes? Or must all houses be done in the same save file to reach a “golden” route ending? ( ‘cause I feel it’s obvious that all routes will eventually combine.)

NG+ Answer

Spoiler

Yes, there is NG+.

As for combining different save data (I assume separately instead of the chain like in Three Houses), I do not know.
-- Personally, I'm just going with the NG+ chains to stay safe, instead of playing all the routes in parallel. Perhaps when the game nears release this question can be answered with more clarity.

Golden Route Answer (with speculation in a spoiler of a spoiler)

Spoiler

While my initial investigation didn't show anything regarding a 4th/golden route, apparently there is a 4th route that is locked to NG+.
-- Whether this is the golden route or not is unknown, but current speculation is...

Speculation in Spoiler of Spoiler

Spoiler

...that it will feature Byleth and the Ashen Wolves in some capacity.

Edited by Sire

24 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The existence of New Game + further backs my belief that the game will be designed around replays and iron mans rather than postgame. Which... might be fine, actually.

I'm a little iffy on it myself-- part of what I like about the previous Warriors games is how once you finish the story you still have a whopping amount of content to play, using all the characters, stages, and mechanics the story introduced. Also, improving your units and maxxing out their stuff.

If this game is designed around multiple playthroughs from scratch like Three Houses itself, that'll be mildly disappointing.

1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

I'm a little iffy on it myself-- part of what I like about the previous Warriors games is how once you finish the story you still have a whopping amount of content to play, using all the characters, stages, and mechanics the story introduced. Also, improving your units and maxxing out their stuff.

If this game is designed around multiple playthroughs from scratch like Three Houses itself, that'll be mildly disappointing.

Yeah, I'm still on the fence about this detail as well. What I liked about the first Fire Emblem Warriors game was that I could continue building my units past the main story, gaining their S-Rank weapon builds plus inheriting boost skills, (shoutout to the OP combo of Astra, Luna and Trample) and do the abundance of challenges in History Mode - serving as countless hours of endgame content. I'm going to hold on hope that something similar like this is may be hidden in Three Hopes. 

6 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Okay, so am I missing something? On Hard, the enemy level just jumps 10 levels as soon as Chapter 4 starts, I don't see an option to replay the first few levels to grind up to that point, and the difficulty jump is pretty intense.

Hard normally works like that in most warrior games I have played. It is designed that way so the game can still be a challenge if you decide to go though the game again. Unlike 3 houses you can freely change the difficulty so can grind up on normal then switch to hard if that becomes to easy. 

5 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

It's all about execution. I mean, Three Houses itself actually would have been a fun game to replay if it wasn't so bogged down in pace-slowers.

My only real question on the matter is why they wouldn't take a page out of One Piece Pirate Warriors' book with stage/enemy randomizers if they're going down the replay route. Even just randomizing enemy compositions would do wonders for replays and iron mans.

If I were to guess, perhaps Maddening difficulty will be tailored for NG+ playthroughs (although those who really want a challenge may try it without NG+ benefits).

I personally love my post-game sandboxes and was disappointed Three Houses didn't have one (I loved SoV's postgame). I imagine the appeal of replay here is going for different builds, doing ironman runs, and deciding to use the gimmicks/strategies for the primary chapter battle that one can obtain from the side missions.

2 hours ago, Azurixx said:

Yeah, I'm still on the fence about this detail as well. What I liked about the first Fire Emblem Warriors game was that I could continue building my units past the main story, gaining their S-Rank weapon builds plus inheriting boost skills, (shoutout to the OP combo of Astra, Luna and Trample) and do the abundance of challenges in History Mode - serving as countless hours of endgame content. I'm going to hold on hope that something similar like this is may be hidden in Three Hopes. 

I'm still hoping there's something along those lines, but I feel like they'd have mentioned it in the trailers by now. They were eager to show off History Mode in the last game's trailers.

At the very least, the fact that the demo mentions "first-time clear" rewards on stages insinuates the existence of second-time clears, so maybe we'll at least be able to replay story stages freely.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Weird Builds that are apparently happening because I'm crazy and weird stat stuff: 

Priest Dimitri - I have no idea how hybrid classes will be implemented down the line, so for units I may want in hybrid classes, I'm getting them ready beforehand. I want Holy Knight Dimitri, at least for a time, so I put him through the Monk line and now he's a priest. Dimitri using Lightning is a LOT of fun TBH, but I'll probably only keep him in this class until he masters it, which probably won't happen for a bit since I've finished the Demo, I have no more training points, and he's reached the level cap of the Demo. Once that's mastered though, he'll go to Cavalier and Paladin for a time. (For main missions I'll turn him back into a Great Lord, as that class is FAR too fun to not use.) 

Priest/Mage Ingrid - Ingrid's Magic stat quickly caught up with and surpassed her Strength stat, so I'm leaning into it. I want her to go Dark Flier if that class is in the game (I didn't and won't look at all of the datamined information to see), but Holy Knight like Rodrigue in Three Houses and as Glenn was theorized to have been, might be the best way to go. So far, Ingrid's up to par with Mercedes and Annette, which is both weird and hilarious. 

Pegasus Knight Leonie - I admittedly haven't done this one yet, but I think it may be fun to try. Golden Deer don't have any Peg Knights at the time, and I feel like a void is missing when I play Azure Gleam and Ingrid isn't a Peg Knight, so I may compensate on my Verdant Wildfire playthrough at this time. 

Dark Knight Sylvain and Mortal Savant Felix are two endgame classes I'm thinking about, but it really depends on how the hybrid classes function later in the game. Will players be able to mix Combat Arts and Spells and have one of each? Will we gain more ability slots if we're willing to lose the Vulneraries, or just as the game goes on? I honestly can't say, and I'm willing to wait to find out. 

With characters really being just as effective in other classes as far as I can tell, there is a real case for reclassing them, and they even be more effective.

Bernie's actually got a pretty good spell list, and she has a base defense passive alongside a very defensive active skill. There's a real use case for making her a Priest.

Petra's wind dash should work wonders with the improved dodging passives of Pegasus Knight. Shame she looks atrocious with generic outfits though.

Edelgard's easy damage passives seem like they'd work wonders as a rapid hitting class. There's also a case for making her a mage since she has innate fire.

1 hour ago, Use the Falchion said:

Dark Knight Sylvain and Mortal Savant Felix are two endgame classes I'm thinking about, but it really depends on how the hybrid classes function later in the game. Will players be able to mix Combat Arts and Spells and have one of each?

My guess is that exactly, since that is how the Fluegel works (can't believe I haven't seen anyone else mention that it's hybrid). Probably some more magic thrown into the regular attacks too.

6 minutes ago, SearchingForGryphons said:

My guess is that exactly, since that is how the Fluegel works (can't believe I haven't seen anyone else mention that it's hybrid). Probably some more magic thrown into the regular attacks too.

Huh! I legitimately keep forgetting that! 

Well, it's time to put Felix and Sylvain into Monk classes for a time and level up their spells! Who would have thought that the Blue Lions would be the magical class? Then again, I guess it makes sense, given that two of them are magical, two of them have Reason as their hidden talents, and a third is unit whose Magic and Strength growths are pretty much (if not exactly) tied. 

15 hours ago, Sire said:

Golden Route Answer (with speculation in a spoiler of a spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

I'm starting to think that you're right, and that it will be

Spoiler

about what Byleth is doing/has been doing during the main game. If I was to speculate even further based on this limited information, I think there are two potential paths regarding the roster this could take: 

The first is that this route is a sort of "challenge" route, in which you play the game with a limited roster, basically just Byleth, Jeralt, and the Ashen Wolves (and maybe Abyss Keeper and Sothis?)

The second is that they'll introduce an entire new cast of characters for this other path, characters that can only be unlocked during this path. (But hopefully playable on every path afterwards.)