Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes - Awakened Rivals / Demo Available

6 minutes ago, EarthboundAddict said:

Why do we think the advanced classes will be objectively weaker? Would it not be like 3H where a good portion are perfectly fine end game classes on their own?

Better abilities and higher stats. Also weapon rank seems to be tied to class promotion. There might be some weird edge case somewhere that you go to Master for the weapon rank but go back down to Advanced for a specific combo set or something, but I doubt it.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, EarthboundAddict said:

Why do we think the advanced classes will be objectively weaker? Would it not be like 3H where a good portion are perfectly fine end game classes on their own?

Well your Buster skill tier is determined based on your class's tier. So Advanced tier classes will objectively provide a worse weapon triangle bonus than Master tier classes. Could some advanced tier classes still be worth using? Maybe, but I suspect you'll usually want that extra damage.

7 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Because at least going by the datamine, this game seems to be treating master classes as objective upgrades to advanced class, instead of weird sidegrades.

That, and being able to have the previous moveset AND another one is an objective upgrade. It may not matter in the moment to moment flow of combat, but it is an improvement. 

Though I will probably still stick with the infantry Advanced classes in those cases where the Master class overrides the character outfit. Fashion is important. And like, I'm sorry, but most class defaults look like fucking shit in Three Houses.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

4 minutes ago, EarthboundAddict said:

My main concern is just that there seem to be a couple movesets that dont have a master tier equivalent which would leave them in the dust

This is exactly my concern, along with gender-locked promotions.

It wasn't a huge deal in an SRPG where all that matters is the numbers on your screen anyway, but in an action game like Warriors it's a shame if entire movesets and gameplay styles get left behind because they just don't have a higher-level equivalent, or because women are only allowed to use the weakest forms of the Brawler or Mercenary movesets.

It's awkward enough with Soldier having no direct promotions, but at least mounted lance units can still dismount and use the Soldier moveset all the way into Master Tier (Dark Knight or Holy Knight). Some classes just don't have a logical Master Tier equivalent and so their moveset would get left behind in Advanced Tier, weaker than the others who graduated to Master Tier.

If I really like how the Mercenary/Hero moveset plays I should be able to use it at peak potential, instead of feeling like I'm gimping my stats by not switching to Mortal Savant or Trickster.

Probably not gonna happen but I really hope some patch update removes the gender lock and adds master tier equivalent to other class movesets. At first it was cool that they derived moveset inspiration from 3H class system but now it just seems really needlessly limiting 

2 minutes ago, EarthboundAddict said:

Probably not gonna happen but I really hope some patch update removes the gender lock and adds master tier equivalent to other class movesets. At first it was cool that they derived moveset inspiration from 3H class system but now it just seems really needlessly limiting 

I mean, it was needlessly limiting in 3 Houses too:

Male mages stuck with Dark Knight. Awkward transition from Warlock or Dark Bishop. Also get flying access later than females. Healers are completely screwed - they are stuck in a 4 mov class.

Females unable to be Warmasters or Heroes. Not that that even remotely balances the scales.

No endgame infantry lance class for anyone aside from Dimitri.

No flying sword class. Or mounted sword class for that matter.

No magical axe hybrid.

10 minutes ago, EarthboundAddict said:

Yeah, even just from the classes available in the demo, I feel that emulating Three Houses' class tree so faithfully is a huge mistake.

Gender-locking and Advanced Tier dead-ends are dumb, of course, but I also feel that the bow and gauntlet movesets should have had Beginner Tier equivalents instead of Fighter pulling triple-duty again (leading to odd things like the game saying you're an axe class when you're clearly using a bow), and the Soldier moveset disappearing after Beginner Tier is dumb even if you can use it by dismounting.

Would have been nice if, in addition to removing gender-locking, they also added a couple wholly new classes to the game just to fill the tree out a little more. I don't mind some movesets only coming into play in Intermediate or Advanced Tier (Armor Knight, Thief, Wyvern Rider, for example) but at the very least I feel like every moveset should have a representative final class in Master Tier.

Do we know anything about the emperor/great lord classes? I'm not counting on it, but it would be nice if they changed them to have something to do with the magic/horse talents that ended up feeling kinda useless in three houses.

Also, will they be advanced or master classes?

2 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

Do we know anything about the emperor/great lord classes? I'm not counting on it, but it would be nice if they changed them to have something to do with the magic/horse talents that ended up feeling kinda useless in three houses.

We know that the promoted personal classes (Emperor, Great Lord, Barbarossa) are in the game at least, you can see their names referenced in the skill descriptions of their weaker forms. This suggests they'll just be stronger forms of the same movesets, however.

They're probably Master Tier but somebody who studied the datamine more closely is free to correct me.

Edited by Anomalocaris

10 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

Datamine info:

Spoiler

No info in the datamine right now about whether Emperor gains the access to magic it really should have had to begin with. Probably not though.

Great Lord is listed as infantry.

Great Lord is listed as an advanced class in the datamine. This is probably a mistake though since Emperor and Barbossa are both Master classes. I'm just not sure if it is the dataminer's mistake or the programmer's mistake.

They better not leave the remaining characters out. That's insanely stupid and expecting us to pay for them as DLC when they're so unpopular is fucking insane.

I just had a theory but what if Cyril, Hanneman, Alois and Gilbert are kinda like the bonus characters from Samurai Warriors 5? In that they're playable but lack actual unique traits so are essentially just playable generics with unique designs? That could explain why they lack code for tacitcal abilities?

https://serenesforest.net/2022/06/13/fe-warriors-three-hopes-ashen-wolves-profiles-via-twitter-demo-data-mine/#more-65636

Balthus gets Grappler, Constance gets Gremory, Hapi gets Warlock

Cool, but it's the death knell for War Monk (which is the biggest loss), Dark Flier, and Valkyrie.

You literally cannot have a female brawler again, thanks for nothing Omega-Force. 

Ugh.

I will never actually support the notion of gender-locked classes, but at the same time, it wouldn't be that bad if the locks weren't major. But base game Three Houses locked women out of both brawling and dark magic classes (despite fucking Byleth having a brawling proficiency) and men out of the endgame magic class, and instead of taking this opportunity to fix that nonsense, they're just...doing it again? Really? Who up there actually thinks this is a good idea?

I sincerely hope this post ages poorly, as much as possible. Please prove me wrong, KT.

Edited by Florete

Speaking of gender disparities, Meeting everyone's dads in the demo made me realize Edelgard is the only Female head of a noble family we see in Fodlan. At least in the course of the game. Like sure, Rhea's the Pope, Petra's Heir to Brigid, and a Ingrid can take over for her dad in some endings, but the Fodlan Aristocracy seems like a real sausage fest.

36 minutes ago, Marros Kinvares said:

Speaking of gender disparities, Meeting everyone's dads in the demo made me realize Edelgard is the only Female head of a noble family we see in Fodlan. At least in the course of the game. Like sure, Rhea's the Pope, Petra's Heir to Brigid, and a Ingrid can take over for her dad in some endings, but the Fodlan Aristocracy seems like a real sausage fest.

You've got Judith as a female countess. But she and Edie do seem to be the only ones. 

9 minutes ago, Ranadiel said:

A shocking reveal!

Looks like Hero has no learned skills. So it might just be left over data from Three Houses.

In that case, what's the deal with what I assume is

Spoiler

Hero Holst in the character icons

?

Edited by tipperthescales

5 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

In that case, what's the deal with what I assume is

Hide contents

Hero Holst in the character icons

?

Spoiler

I don't see a Hero Holst in the icons. He has three NPC icons, an unarmed one, an armed one, and one in a stupid hat. The stupid hat is part of the Swordmaster pixel art. The other two are probably supposed to be Mercenary, which I recall being his class in Chapter 3 of the Deer route. The outfit is because that is what his custom outfit looks like.

5 minutes ago, Ranadiel said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't see a Hero Holst in the icons. He has three NPC icons, an unarmed one, an armed one, and one in a stupid hat. The stupid hat is part of the Swordmaster pixel art. The other two are probably supposed to be Mercenary, which I recall being his class in Chapter 3 of the Deer route. The outfit is because that is what his custom outfit looks like.

Oh right, good catch:

Spoiler

Hero actually crosses their sword in front of themselves; so the other class is Merc as you rightly pointed out. I knew about the eastern styled hat for SM.

Pity we lose Hero for presumably class tree paring down.

Thank goodness, I won't have to waste a Seal on Edelgard so she can be Wyvern Knight/Lord then.
I don't get why gender-locked classes are still a thing though, it's stupidly.... stupid, and I'm worried aboud infantry classes that evolved into horse/flying classes, this give them a weakness.

12 hours ago, Seazas said:

They better not leave the remaining characters out. That's insanely stupid and expecting us to pay for them as DLC when they're so unpopular is fucking insane.

To be honest, I already think there's too much characters already. If Age of Calamity was bloated (without DLC), then Three Hopes is Hyper-bloated imo.
I mean sure, you gotta use the good unit, but still, except Shez who can just carry.

38 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

Thank goodness, I won't have to waste a Seal on Edelgard so she can be Wyvern Knight/Lord then.
I don't get why gender-locked classes are still a thing though, it's stupidly.... stupid, and I'm worried aboud infantry classes that evolved into horse/flying classes, this give them a weakness.

You can dismount into the infantry class though, which makes them strictly better as they have access to two movesets instead of 1. Agree with the gender locked classes being stupid though.

39 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

To be honest, I already think there's too much characters already. If Age of Calamity was bloated (without DLC), then Three Hopes is Hyper-bloated imo.
I mean sure, you gotta use the good unit, but still, except Shez who can just carry.

I didn't play AoC, but I feel like this game is being clever about how it's handling units. You use classes to devi out movesets while staying in the realm of reason, give every character a personal ability that affects the way they play so clones is less of an issue cuz they still play differently, and divide up the characters so you only start with a third of the total characters if that.

I expected half as many characters as we seem to be getting, but I'm not mad at the way they were handled.