FE Builder Animations Issue

Phantom Agent 7

I have just encountered an issue. When I go into the animation pointer to add new animations, all the existing animations would be wiped from the ROM. As you can see, I have the paladin selected, but it comes up with Ephraim's animation. Does anyone know why this happened?

Screenshot 2022-06-09 174548.png

Huh... And this is affecting all classes? Is this an unmodified ROM, or did this happen midway through a project? If it did, what have you done to animations so far?

In terms of fixing it... There's likely a better way to do it, but just importing custom animations for all the classes would work. I think. You could also take a clean rom and export all of the original animations from there into the new one if you wanted to keep the original.

I would HIGHLY recommend going onto Feuniverse and asking in the official FEBuilderGBA Thread. https://feuniverse.us/t/fe-builder-gba-if-you-have-any-questions-attach-report7z/2845/4347 

Please remember to submit an report7z with your problem. If you would like a faster response(Or more interactive help) join the discord.

How to send a report7z

Open your rom in FEBuilderGBA

File --> Create Report Issue --> Enter information about the problem and what chapter(If any) it occurs in.

Visual Guide 

Hello again!~ As of when I'm writing this, you're gonna want to install the "Skill Skillsystems 20220527" patch Once you have installed that, I'll explain how to give a character personal skills.

WARNING: IF YOU WISH TO USE THE SKILL SYSTEM, PLEASE ADD IT AS ONE OF THE FIRST PATCHES YOU INSTALL BEFORE YOU START WORKING. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY CAUSE PARTS OF YOUR GAME TO BREAK. 

Once you have installed the patch, go back to the main screen and click the "Character Editor" button. After you've done that, you should see a small square next to "Skill" under Eirika's information. This is the same process for every character, but I'm using her because she's the first thing you see when you open it up.

Click the underlined Skills button. 

The second screenshot is showing what you should be seeing. If you JUST want a Personal skill, do the following, click the underlined Skills button again. Look through the list and find whatever skill you want. Once you've found a skill, double click on it to return to the screen from screenshot 2. Click the yellow "Write to ROM" button, and there you go, now the character has a personal skill or has a new different one. Please note that the character will always have the personal skill, regardless of what level they are. Classes can also have a "personal skill" and a set of skills too. Simply repeat the same process as before, but rather than hitting the "Character Editor" button, hit the "Class Editor" button. 

Adding any skills besides that is also quite simple. Click the "Data Expansion" button. Next to the "Total number of new data to allocate" put the amount of slots for skills that you want. If your character has both a personal skill and a "personal" class skill, then allocate 4 slots, otherwise you can do 5. Now for these skills, you can set what level that the character will learn the skill. If "Level of acquisition" is set to 1, the character will have the skill straight off the bat. 

Again, the process is the same for classes as well. If you want to change the description of a skill, that's as simple as clicking Skill and find whatever skill's description you wanna change, and then click the Details button to bring up the text editor and edit it there. After that, just click "Write to ROM" and you're set. 

Skill 1.png

Skill 2.png

Edited by SilverManedWolf