Opinions on Shez/Arval Post-Demo

I like Shez well enought but a lot will depend on how he/she is places as a foil. I hope they do justice to Byleth and flesh them out more as a character. And I sure hope he's not a villain here.

I didn't like Shez' design/color scheme at all to begin with, but something about their personality just meshes really well with it, and I'll admit it's grown on me. Not sure how to feel about Arval yet, his personality seems a bit odd for the type of character that he is. Ancient??? 

On 6/18/2022 at 6:41 PM, B.Leu said:

Nonsensical in the sense of how fast it's done and sent into the background, something that even Arval comment on.

"Oh it's fine, we were only in it for the money, and, it's not like we were actually that close, but I'm still angry at it I swear". It feel expedited.

Okay, so first off chill out. The game isn't out yet, no need to doompost about what may not even come to pass. Anywhoo, the way I read it is that Shez is mostly projecting. Pretending not to care so as to protect themselves from the emotional turmoil that they are in fact feeling. As a merc, it's likely they've lost a lot of comrades to death's subtle embrace so hardening their emotional shell is a coping mechanism designed to deal with the constant loss that comes with their chosen lifestyle. Tl;dr Shez comes off as more "closed off emotionally, slow to let people in" than "I just didn't really give a shit about my so called comrades".

I'm really enjoying Shez more than I thought. I like how they have minimal story involvement outside of little things that other characters are also involved in but at the same time have their own subplot that doesn't really overshadow the game with Byleth. They're also just very chill and a nice individual. Definitely the best of FEs player proxy characters that we have gotten I feel