Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga (Squad-based, Turn-Based Strategy)

IGdood

Want to bring to the forum's attention of a game called Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga.

It's by an indie Western company called Dancing Dragon Games.  Published by Freedom Games, the same publisher of Dark Deity.

The gameplay is reminiscent of Soul Nomad.  Grid based, turn-based strategy but rather than 1 v 1, it's squad v squad combat.  A squad can be led by a generic or a named character. 

Class changes, promotions are all present.  There's a wide variety of units, ranging from swordsmen, samurai, knights, gunners, archers, mages, healers, etc.  Oh, and dragons!

I won't be starting a LP of this, as I'm still not done with Banner of the Maid.  That one is delayed, as....well...first there was work and then there's medical issues with the family that require my attention unfortunately. 

Either way, I'm intrigued by the game and wanted to let you guys know!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1488200/Symphony_of_War_The_Nephilim_Saga/

2 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

I got a feeling Giant Woman is going to become quite popular for obvious reasons.

Looking at the curvaceous sprite and the recent reaction to Lady Dimitrescu from Resident Evil....I agree with you

it looks definitely interesting, and i would even give it a try... except my backlog is just too big right now
i'm sure i'll be getting it whenever it's on sale though

EDIT: while i love pixel art, i think the "out of combat" style is a bit... i don't know, empty? but ii get that they might've wanted to spend their resources elsewhere
this said, the in-combat style is amazing imho

Edited by Yexin

So I'm playing it.  The maps aren't overly long, and mixing up squads is fun.  Story's rough around the edges, but I'm here for the tactical gameplay.  Update should fix a bunch of things, like the clunky UI.  Dev's pretty active on the Steam discussions, which is a good sign IMO.