Real FE leak or Chinese clone.

https://imgur.io/a/HGYtCpt

So this has been posted around /v/.

Allegedly the next FE leak but its in Chinese which can suggest either the ones who localize stuff to chinese leaked it or its a knockoff.

So far the strongest proof is Anna being in it and if you believe that leaker, the toothpaste haired main character. 

Thoughts?

The person that posted that album on Reddit clarified these images are very old, so it's possible the final product might look a lot different.

At least, I hope it does. Because the backgrounds and UI are quite plain and lacking, even for FE standards. Actually it probably is a WIP image because one of the characters is named "WWWWWWW" and I doubt they'll keep that.

The male character models we see actually look pretty good. Not the most imaginative designs, but not every character design needs to be out of the box and try hard to be unique. Characters with a more "simple" design, like Frederick, can still be very entertaining and memorable.

I am worried about the female designs though. Apart from the two at the bottom, it looks like we may have a case of same-face syndrome. I really hope their features stand out more in a higher resolution image.

I do like the sprites though. They seem cool.

It is interesting that the language this is in is Traditional Chinese. Could be a localization thing (as it seems like FE will get international releases from here on out hopefully), but I would also be interested if it was Chinese developer instead. In recent years, Chinese Gaming companies have been making strides in the mobile market (namely Genshin Impact and other HoYoverse products, but even smaller titles like Langrisser M and Identity V have been going steady internationally). It will be an interesting development to see more entertainment products come out of China, as that may have a huge impact on gaming industry.

EDIT: Also, I think this thread would probably fit better in "General Fire Emblem" rather than the Three Houses topic. Usually speculation topics like these go in General unless the admins have already decided to add a "Fire Emblem Switch" or "Fire Emblem 2022" topic until an official name is announced.

Edited by Dandy Druid
clarification

I don't think this game looked like it's related to the Three Houses story as a sequel or even a prequel, it looked more like a completely brand-new entry in my guess.

Also, I noticed the first one looked like the player entered a fancy restaurant or an inn. I do notice there's like lamps in the screen shot, I don't know if appeared to be Powered or use Flames?

Second, I don't know if that old man is going to be the Jagen type Unit for the game since Three Houses did lack a Jagen & Oifey Unit in the game.

I did hear the info from GameXplain that Emily Rogers mentioned this was nearly completed after a year, it kind of looks like it's almost complete in progress build to me. I don't know if this game is going to be showcased a trailer for the possible June 29th Direct. I do like to see this in the possible Direct if it turns out to be true.

Edited by King Marth 64

The only thing that show that this being the next FE game is that in the 1st picture, the first option is called "Ring of Emblem (bearer)".

Anna also doesn't really looks like our usual Anna.

But of course there is still a chance this could be it, and I kind like the armor design here.

I'm kind of curious if old man's class is going to be a Bow Knight type of class since I think I see a Bow appeared in the Sprite?

By the way, does anyone in Serenes Forest know how to speak Chinese and maybe tell who the rest of the characters' names are since we know the Anna appeared in the screenshot?

Edited by King Marth 64

43 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I'm kind of curious if old man's class is going to be a Bow Knight type of class since I think I see a Bow appeared in the Sprite?

By the way, does anyone in Serenes Forest know how to speak Chinese and maybe tell who the rest of the characters' names are since we know the Anna appeared in the screenshot?

Going by the current thread on 4chan, it's leaning towards being an Chinese clone as opposed to anything else

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this reddit post yet. It gives a little more info, if anyone is interested. As with any leak, take this all with a finely grained molecule of salt.

Anyway, can't wait to see how Lilith's son/daughter (you can't tell me it's not; just look at the hair colors) turns out as a protagonist. I hope they're just full dragon mode.

Edited by indigoasis

6 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Someone is talking about the new leaked image and the game in a little more detail.

I'm still not sure how to feel about this, but I'm going to need gameplay and more aesthetics and real stuff, because this is weird and I'm not liking how I feel about it. True or not, this is all fun to talk about though. 

thanks for linking this! Hopefully someone is collecting all of the information the "leakers" are saying and compiling it all into one big megathread.

17 minutes ago, OutcastsofRelix said:

So the lord is a girl and not a guy. So she’s basically female corrin 

Pretty sure either it could have been an Avatar of the game or it could be the Secondary Female Protagonist for the main male protagonist. I don't think Emily Rogers have mentioned anything about an Avatar of the game since she mentioned the phrase "his mother was a dragon" (never said his/her, just the phrase "his" as the protagonist).

Edit: Oh wait, shoot, it looks like that screenshot debunked facts from Emily Rogers about the main character's gender, it definitely looks like the girl in the new screenshot could have been the Avatar of the game.

Main character (main lord) has strange red and blue hair. His mother is a dragon.

Edited by King Marth 64

14 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Pretty sure either it could have been an Avatar of the game or it could be the Secondary Female Protagonist for the main male protagonist. I don't think Emily Rogers have mentioned anything about an Avatar of the game since she mentioned the phrase "his mother was a dragon" (never said his/her, just the phrase "his" as the protagonist).

Edit: Oh wait, shoot, it looks like that screenshot debunked facts from Emily Rogers about the main character's gender, it definitely looks like the girl in the new screenshot could have been the Avatar of the game.

Considering the last few titles gave us the choice of being male/female, I don't think it's farfetched to think that the protagonist might have predetermined look, you just choose the gender. Like Byleth or Shez. Emily saying "his" doesn't necessarily contradict the screenshot. It just means there's potentially a gender choice and Emily just used "his" for her leak.

I play japanese VNs using machine translation and usually it has issues applying the correct verbs so usually she is translated as he so maybe thats what the leaker got wrong.

Or this is the avatar and decided she will be the default one after female avatars proved to be the most popular option.

I mean every character in the support list has an actual name except Toothpaste-chan, whose name is WWWWWWWW. That's pretty clearly the result of a renamable character, thus an avatar. Emily Rogers (or whoever gave her info) probably just saw the male version.

10 minutes ago, Florete said:

I mean every character in the support list has an actual name except Toothpaste-chan, whose name is WWWWWWWW. That's pretty clearly the result of a renamable character, thus an avatar. Emily Rogers (or whoever gave her info) probably just saw the male version.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

Someone posted a new image that shows the front of the character from the first image set.

Hide contents

People are dubbing her "Toothpaste-chan."

She has fanart already. Its a funny meme.

1655341256928.png

6 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

It never ceases to amaze me how fast fan artists can work. The artwork does look good though! It's very cute, reminiscent of the Heroes artwork when Sharena introduces a new Hero. 

There is already rule 34 of the 2 dudes too.

I'm kind of hoping this leak turns out to be real! The dudes they showed in some of the leak images look pretty cool. The only thing that's irking me is how bright and contrasting the avatar/mc's hair is. It just feels like a lot. Blue and red is a nice color combination though. 

I guess we have to wait for the next direct to hopefully bring more information. I'm crossing my fingers the rumors about a june direct are real now. 

Emily Rogers talks a little more about the game

Her post reads

The new Fire Emblem was nearly content complete by the very end of August 2021 (10 months ago). Slightly less than a year, but almost a full year.
Any builds released between September 2021 through February 2022 were mostly just art polishing, optimization, bug-testing, and minor gameplay refinements based on internal feedback. But the core game - the base game - was content complete by the end of summer 2021 (late August).

Post-launch DLC (currently in-development) is the main reason why Nintendo didn't release this new FE game sooner. Nintendo wanted to avoid an enormous gap between the release of the base game and DLC. They didn't want to make fans wait a super long time for post-launch DLC. Gamers are much more willing to purchase post-launch DLC if it releases in a somewhat timely manner. It's not very smart to release DLC long after everyone has lost interest in the base game.

And let's get something straight: FE's 30th anniversary marketing campaign didn't actually end in 2020. Nintendo extended the anniversary's marketing campaign into the first half of 2021. Nintendo will extend the length of an anniversary campaign if it suits a game's marketing/promotional needs.
Example: Mario's 35th anniversary campaign was extended from 2020 to early 2021 to help promote the release of Super Mario 3D World Deluxe.

Take what you will from this. 

More stuff from the person who leaked the picture is apparently being said, but I can't find a direct quote or citation, so I'm not fully comfortable posting it. Someone on the Famiboards thread summarizes that info, but again, it's not a primary source.