Real FE leak or Chinese clone.

23 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Emily Rogers talks a little more about the game

Her post reads

Take what you will from this. 

More stuff from the person who leaked the picture is apparently being said, but I can't find a direct quote or citation, so I'm not fully comfortable posting it. Someone on the Famiboards thread summarizes that info, but again, it's not a primary source. 

I'm still kinda curious, can you link the Famiboard post with the summary?

Edited by Ziegenpeter

This all seems very fake to me. The game has been complete for over a year with no hint of marketing yet (this is not how game dev works) but then the leaker tries to backpedal by claiming the screenshots are from some very old build anyway?

19 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Thanks.

"This is what the leaker shared on era". Wait, so there are 3 leakers now? IIRC, one leaker posted stuff on an anime discord, one leaker posted on r/Fireemblem and now we have one on Resetera? I assume the third one didn't post any new screenshots, so the third one is probably not credible

Edited by Ziegenpeter

2 minutes ago, Ziegenpeter said:

Thanks.

"This is what the leaker shared on era". Wait, so there are 3 leakers now? IIRC, one leaker posted stuff on an anime discord, one leaker posted on r/Fireemblem and now we have one on Resetera? I assume the third one didn't post any new screenshots, so who knows if they are credible

No problem!

I think it's the same source and same leaker in three different places:

Direct Source shares pictures

Leaker shares on anime Discord, which is then uploaded by someone else entirely. (With more details provided by a THIRD person.)

Leaker then goes to Resetera to provide more details that the Direct Source gave. (I haven't checked this one out yet, and I'm okay with that for now.)

Edited by Use the Falchion

See this is why we need to stop using numbers for this series. People can't even decide if this is FE17 or FE18.

EDit: From the Famiboards link:

Hard mode is Hard (Really now? who would've thought)

Three Houses hard mode wasn't hard lol.

Edited by Florete

14 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

This all seems very fake to me. The game has been complete for over a year with no hint of marketing yet (this is not how game dev works) but then the leaker tries to backpedal by claiming the screenshots are from some very old build anyway?

To be fair that a lot of video game companies does reuse the same game engine from the predecessors and make some polishes like Intelligent Systems does with any FE games on the same platform like Gaiden reused the assets from Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, The Blazing Blade did reused from The Binding Blade engine and The Sacred Stones later reused the same engine from the two games, etc. It has been three years since Three Houses was released, it would have make sense Intelligent Systems was still working on an another Fire Emblem mainline project for the Nintendo Switch. Plus, don't forget that a lot of video game companies did get closed down in pandemic back at 2020 and postpone the projects when the pandemic started in early 2020. The team in Intelligent Systems could have postpone the new FE project due to Pandemic Issues back then and they might have polish up a brand new FE game up some more till they decided to announce it later on.

Edited by King Marth 64

This looks like a fan game. 😕 Not something I'd expect out of Nintendo at all.

EDIT: Very tech demo feel. And why is it in Chinese?

Edited by Crysta

On 6/17/2022 at 9:49 AM, Dark Holy Elf said:

No kidding; if it was far along enough to be localized in Chinese the screens wouldn't be that low quality.

On 6/22/2022 at 11:50 PM, Aiddon said:

No kidding; if it was far along enough to be localized in Chinese the screens wouldn't be that low quality.

They clarified that this is an old photo during at the in-progress development. I don't think Nintendo had handled any Chinese Leaks before since they merely targeted any leaks happened in America, Japan, and other major Branches.

On 6/24/2022 at 7:05 PM, King Marth 64 said:

They clarified that this is an old photo during at the in-progress development. I don't think Nintendo had handled any Chinese Leaks before since they merely targeted any leaks happened in America, Japan, and other major Branches.

An "old photo" wouldn't be in Chinese. Localization starts later in production when assets are mostly done. They wouldn't look like this, they would look a lot more polished.

58 minutes ago, Aiddon said:

An "old photo" wouldn't be in Chinese. Localization starts later in production when assets are mostly done. They wouldn't look like this, they would look a lot more polished.

On 6/19/2022 at 7:59 AM, KoriCongo said:

^

There's no good reason to think a screenshot of an older build couldn't be in Chinese.

9 hours ago, Florete said:

^

There's no good reason to think a screenshot of an older build couldn't be in Chinese.

Koei Tecmo is not in charge of localization, that would be up to iQue, which is a Nintendo subsidiary (who also handled Chinese localization on Three Houses) or Nintendo's Hong Kong offices as Nintendo is the publisher and IP holder

I did took a closer look more at the screenshots showing the classes (I have no idea if some of them could have been promoted or reclassed). I'm guesses on the character sprites what they look like:

• Mobu - He is mounted. Presumably a Gold Knight
  • Abby - She looked more looked like she's in Wyvern Rider type class, but I spotted she's holding up a Tome. It could be the Malig Knight.
  • Vandrei - I did kinda mentioned Vandrei looked more like a Bow Knight since he does look like he has a Bow in the sprite.
  • Toothpaste-chan (not her actual name) - She looked more like a Lord or might be her personal class. (Her stance looked more like Ike's sprite from Fates & Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, I don't know if her actual class was going to have her be a Vanguard like Ike)
  • Presumably Seline - She looked like she could be one of the Anima Casting Classes like a Mage. I do notice the sprite looked like she has a crown on her head. (I don't know if she's technically royalty or that was part of the head piece used in those Mage type classes.)
  • Presumably Anna - She looked like she's carrying an axe that I think she could be a Fighter since Anna's only appearance she used an Axe was in Fire Emblem Heroes.
Edited by King Marth 64

2 hours ago, Aiddon said:

Koei Tecmo is not in charge of localization, that would be up to iQue, which is a Nintendo subsidiary (who also handled Chinese localization on Three Houses) or Nintendo's Hong Kong offices as Nintendo is the publisher and IP holder

Okay, and? Localization doesn't have to start at a specific point. If they want their Chinese offices to work on the game, they're going to have a Chinese version of the game.

Ignoring whether this is real or not, with global releases, I'm pretty sure they do the localisation in tandem with development.

You could see this a bit with Three Houses.

In one of the Direct trailers, the English footage was clearly from a later build than the Japanese footage. Which makes sense if they took slightly longer to translate the text.

This also causes some headaches though. Like there's massive amounts of cut English text/voices... Presumably these were going to be implemented, but were removed later in development.

Edited by VincentASM

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

Ignoring whether this is real or not, with global releases, I'm pretty sure they do the localisation in tandem with development.

You could see this a bit with Three Houses.

In one of the Direct trailers, the English footage was clearly from a later build than the Japanese footage. Which makes sense if they took slightly longer to translate the text.

This also causes some headaches though. Like there's massive amounts of cut English text/voices... Presumably these were going to be implemented, but were removed later in development.

Way more complicated than that. Localization typically begins well into development, usually within the last year before release. Scripts have to be translated and localized, contracts with firms have to be made, actors have to be cast, it's a lot of coordination. Sure, there's still development going, but they can't really begin voice acting until assets are done so it can be synched with the animation with ADR. The reveal trailer for Three Houses was a year before release; hell, Edelgard's English voice actress had been recast after that.

As such, localization is a final step in development and even with that it can take awhile to do all the scripting, coding, and programming for it. You don't just copy-paste text, you have to make sure it's aligned properly, it's formatted properly, proofread, remove stuff that's contradictory (and even then things can slip by; see Three Hopes getting Jeritza's birth year wrong), and most of all make sure it doesn't bork something in the game because even a single typo can really wonk things out (See - Aliens: Colonial Marines for instance). There's a reason that even today RPG releases can be a year apart from release due to the sheer size of a story's script; some of these can literally be millions of words long. This is done months ahead of time, but not that far before release because everything needs to be tested

3 hours ago, Aiddon said:

Way more complicated than that. Localization typically begins well into development, usually within the last year before release. Scripts have to be translated and localized, contracts with firms have to be made, actors have to be cast, it's a lot of coordination. Sure, there's still development going, but they can't really begin voice acting until assets are done so it can be synched with the animation with ADR. The reveal trailer for Three Houses was a year before release; hell, Edelgard's English voice actress had been recast after that.

As such, localization is a final step in development and even with that it can take awhile to do all the scripting, coding, and programming for it. You don't just copy-paste text, you have to make sure it's aligned properly, it's formatted properly, proofread, remove stuff that's contradictory (and even then things can slip by; see Three Hopes getting Jeritza's birth year wrong), and most of all make sure it doesn't bork something in the game because even a single typo can really wonk things out (See - Aliens: Colonial Marines for instance). There's a reason that even today RPG releases can be a year apart from release due to the sheer size of a story's script; some of these can literally be millions of words long. This is done months ahead of time, but not that far before release because everything needs to be tested

I totally think VincentASM got a point since Three Houses was the first Fire Emblem mainline title to be worldwide release instead of being released over months like from the other localized Fire Emblem games and even Echoes: Shadows of Valentia had an one month release after the Japanese release. I still think some of the development might have changing some of the localized scripts to match to the Japanese Version and probably working on for the Day 1 Release since Three Houses did have some of number of script changes or adjustments through patches such as changing Bernadetta's B Support Conversation to remove the line (the one after her father tied her up to a chair that she said he leave Bernadetta all day) to match it from the Japanese version, changing male Byleth's VA due to the controversy backlash happened one week before Three Houses's release, & Felix's quote after battle. Besides that, there was some changes did happened in the English trailers for Three Houses were different from in-game that did showed English text like Mercedies having Brown Hair, Hilda had a sight different hair in her portrait, non-house Leader students using generic models instead of their own models, etc. and even some unused events that wasn't used in the finalization of the game like Annette and Felix fighting Dimitri as enemy units have already been dubbed and translated in English as well. I do think Worldwide Releases Localization might happened somewhere in the midpoint of the development.

Edited by King Marth 64

24 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I totally think VincetASM got a point since Three Houses was the first Fire Emblem mainline title to be worldwide release instead of being released over months like from the other localized Fire Emblem games and even Echoes: Shadows of Valentia had an one month release after the Japanese release. I still think some of the development might have changing some of the localized scripts to match to the Japanese Version and probably working on for Day 1 Release since Three Houses did have some of number of script changes through patches such as changing Bernadetta's B Support Conversation to remove the line (the one after her father tied her up to a chair that she said he leave Bernadetta all day) to match it from the Japanese version.

The point is you don't localize that early. Code is too unstable to handle that so localization doesn't really begin, let alone get deep into it, until assets and the bulk of the actual game is mostly finalized. Like I said, localization isn't just replacing text or vocal lines, people still have to play test to make sure the thing doesn't implode. Doing localization in tandem with actual development would just be a nightmare that causes all sorts of problems. The most you'll get is maybe demos for trade shows and trailers, but that's pretty much it. Final Fantasy XVI for example has the assets and localized voice acting mostly finished but there's a reason there have only been trailers so far; localization takes a LONG time, so something being localized that early is weird and best at nonsense at worst.

And like many have said about this: it's just a rumor. There is nothing that's definitive proof that this is 100% the next Fire Emblem, especially when there are so many red flags and oddities about it. We'll see, but don't get your hopes up.

Edited by Aiddon
fixing error