Special Heroes: Summer Vacation

As always, they’re trying to make us throw all of our orbs into the summer banners before CYL.

Am I gonna fall into this? Probably. Will I manage to save enough orbs for CYL? Probably.

I might try to get the spark or do a few circles, mainly cause all of them look good, even the demote. Still, kinda disappointed on Altina’s appearing with Edelgard as the harmonic.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fine with this banner, great mobility everywhere including for the armoured unit. Don't care for Claude here as the demote, but he also looks weirdly young? I also get that Atrocity is Dimi's thing now but it's funny to see it not just on a pre-timeskip version, but on this version in particular. Is he committing war crimes while dressed like that, or is the outfit in itself the atrocity?

If I do try for a focus unit I'll be sniping red and green (yes, me pulling for an armoured unit, miracles do happen), but I'll wait until the other summer banner pops up before deciding for real, especially since it'll presumably have a Duo unit.

20 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Kinda salty over this one, pun partially intended. 

I love Dimitri and like Edelgard, but I was really hoping there'd be a banner where Claude doesn't need them, since he has all of the same alts but the Fallen Heroes one, which makes me feel like he deserves an alt the other two don't have. 

And Edelgard and Altina?! Of ALL of the Heroes that Edelgard could have a Harmonic with, they chose ALTINA??? Didn't Altina already have a Harmonic with Sanaki? If that was the case, then I guess I may be able to see my dream of a Tharja/Azura or Tharja/Dorothea alt someday. 

I'll pull for the House Leaders, since Claude is my favorite, I love Dimitri, and I already have every other Edelgard alt. But CYL is still my priority. 

Summer banners were never going to leave off Dimtri and Edelgard as they are probably the most requested swimsuit units or at the very least top 3 of their respective gender.  I think he will make a solo appearance in a future banner and wouldn't be surprised if it was a duo/harmonic

30 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Hm... Elincia is the odd one out right now, never having a Legendary alt yet, ergo no Prf passive to call her own... she might not even have a Prf weapon, but then what would the effect of that weapon be...?

Probably a conditional Brave Bow I'd think. It's funny how the units where the brave attacking concept comes from for this banner are on the backstage. Altina being the Harmonized backpack and Elincia being the Tempest unit.

55 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Surprised they gave Edelgard a very Modest Swimsuit. Most other swimsuit females tend to have a more risqué outfit, meaning they have a part of their breast exposed. 

That would be pretty out of character for Edelgard. The other swimsuits have been pretty tasteful in terms of what you could see that character actually choosing to wear. And Edelgard is popular enough anyways, she doesn't need the Caeda treatment lol.

This banner is pretty stacked. If I do choose to summon on it at least I have the FEH pass spark and won't get burned like I do every summer. There's always something baiting me on the summer banners. It's not necessarily the characters this time, but how they function. I'm not looking forward to Edelgard being a more popular "Arden" and being obnoxious though.

Dimitri means must pull for me plus this banner has a harmonic which I use more then duos so looks like the second summer banner will be the one I skip.  Please oh please let my luck be good and Dimitri comes home quickly.

Lyn's swuimsuit was decently modest, as well.

I feel like I should be more upset by this banner. I'm pretty sick of Three Houses getting so much special, preferential treatment, getting all the goodies and prf weapons and good skills and so dang many seasonal banner presences. But Elincia being here, and as a free unit, is a saving grace. And in place of annoyance and upset, I feel relief that even though I like Dimitri and Claude, I feel absolutely no desire to spend orbs here, so I get to keep saving them.

I'm not looking forward to dealing with another unit that has Fallen Star, but at least this one doesn't have Null Follow-Up.

On the other hand, a 4-star unit with Spd/Def Rein is kind of ridiculous.

Conditional Brave weapons seem to be the latest attempt to counter Save tanks, even though Far Save tanks are already struggling to keep up with regular Brave weapons.

If I were wearing socks, I'd be laughing my socks off at Altina being the back unit for Edelgard after saying that it's unlikely for Sanaki to be the back unit for this banner's Harmonized Hero, though it makes more sense for Altina since she was the lead of her Harmonized Hero unit. So far, we haven't had any duplicate characters on paired units where the duplicate is in the same position (front or back). No, Alfonse and Lif don't count as the same character.

Wait does this mean I can will Harmonized Marianne and Silque on the Christmas banner or something? Yeah sure lets go with that, that's how I'll avoid getting baited by this banner. I'm still salty that I got peer pressured into summoning on last year's banner for Duo Hilda, even though the character I cared more about is just the backpack...

I've already decided on waiting for the Double Special rerun for Sonia, I can do it again for these guys and gals.

Well that is a exceptionally boring banner. Last years picks where more adventurous then this. Like I like the three houses lords and Micky, but i'm not a fan of seeing them all dumped on this banner together.

Also seeing Edelgard having a harmonic with someone other then Celica is another dissapointment for me.

Definitely going for Claude, he's my favorite of the three and the fact that he's the demote makes him even more appealing as an option to pull. I'm probably not going for the others, but if I don't get Blue on my circles I'll probably go Red to pick up Edelgard.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Don't care for Claude here as the demote, but he also looks weirdly young?

It's the face, the goggles and the wider eyes in particular make him look five years younger.

Edited by Medeus

The usual translation things:

The name of the banner, "Summer Vacation", is "級長たちの夏休み" (kyūchō-tachi no natsuyasumi), "The Class Heads' Summer Vacation".

Dimitri's epithet, "Sky-Blue Lion", is "夏色の獅子" (natsuiro no shishi), "Summer-Colored Lion".

Unyielding Oar is "蒼波薙ぐ剛力の櫂" (sōha-nagu gōriki no kai), "Oar of Incredible Strength that Mows Down the Azure Waves".

Spd/Def Menace is "速さ守備の脅嚇" (hayasa-shubi no kyōkaku), "Spd/Def Intimidation".

Micaiah's epithet, "Wavecrest Maiden", is "潮騒の乙女" (shiosai no otome), "Maiden of the Crashing Waves". The word "潮騒" (shiosai) means "the sound of waves".

Moonlight Drop is "純白の月の雫", (junpaku no tsuki no shizuku), "Pure White Moon Drop".

Claude's epithet, "Tropical Trouble", is "南国の異端児" (nankoku no itanji), "Dissenter of the Tropics".

Frozen Delight is "真夏の涼の氷菓子" (manatsu no ryō no kōrigashi), "Midsummer's Refreshingly Cold Frozen Desert".

Edelgard's epithet, "Summer Empresses", is "女王たちの夏" (joō-tachi no natsu), "The Empresses' Summer".

Regal Sunshade is "強靭なる烈女の大傘" (kyōjin-naru retsujo no ōgasa), "Large Parasol of the Tenacious Heroines".

Assault Troop is "一斉突撃" (issei totsugeki), "Charge All at Once".

Charge is "突撃" (totsugeki), "Charge" or "Assault". WIth a dolphin, naturally. It's summer, after all.

Elincia's epithet, "Seaside Queen", is "波打ち際の女王" (namiuchi giwa no joō), "Queen of the Water's Edge". The word "波打ち際" (namiuchi giwa), "water's edge", is a pretty flowery word that literally translates as "the edge of where the waves hit".

Whitecap Bow is "白波の弓" (shiranami no yumi), "Whitecap Bow".

I just noticed that this banner is the Three Houses class heads plus a bunch of queens.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Oh wow... I read many people argue that with Claude and Micaiah as carries the rest of the banner could easily have been lesser known characters (outside of the lead in the Duo/Harmonic) and it would have been fine.

Well technically that the Silhouette that they showed was clearly Micaiah and Claude since it wasn't a hard guess due to Yune was shown that gave the getaway and we even know Claude's Braids was also a getaway as well.

I'm think this was the second Duo Hero set that already have a character involved in the first Duo appearance like Ephriam. I didn't expect Edelgard was going to show up in this banner since we know she couldn't swim.

9 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I'm think this was the second Duo Hero set that already have a character involved in the first Duo appearance like Ephriam.

Catria leads Harmonized Catria and is a back character for Duo Palla.

9 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I didn't expect Edelgard was going to show up in this banner since we know she couldn't swim.

Xander also can't swim. Hence why Xander has a floatie and Edelgard has a beach umbrella.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Assault Troop is "一斉突撃" (issei totsugeki), "Charge All at Once".

That's the same as the Gambit from Three Houses, as far as I can tell.

Huh... wonder how other Gambits would get adapted to Heroes...

So Claude and Micaiah are no surprise at all. Dimitri and Edelgard likewise make sense, as does Elincia (Yay!), but why Altina of all characters? She's almost as much of a nonentity as it's possible to be, yet here she is on her second Harmonic. We could have had Sanaki, or even Skrimir showing off his lion physique to appeal to that part of the fanbase. He would have worked well as the free unit due to being a beast while Elincia joined Edelgard as part of the Harmonic. Well, I can at least take solace in the fact that Elincia's the free unit instead. Hopefully she gets a good PRF. Otherwise I can't really be bothered to do more than pull for the Harmonic as I always do.

EDIT: And I just looked at the update. So much for Elincia's nice PRF...She doesn't even have good skills.

Edited by KMT4ever

17 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

That's the same as the Gambit from Three Houses, as far as I can tell.

Yeah, it has the same name in English and Japanese as the Gambit from Three Houses.

Fun fact: Atk/Spd Link 3 actually was only available from 5* Special Heroes until now. Should it have been a premium skill for that long? Nope!

Shame about the lack of a Prf weapon for Elincia, but I kinda expected it because IS doesn’t like giving Prf weapons to TT units anymore unless they’re a beast or one of Thorr’s child soldiers. Like I said, I’m still going for the +10 anyways.

i'll just say i'm happy for the free orbs, for the fact that Tellius content in this banner is basically non-existent, as is my interest in pulling for 3H lords, and for Elincia being the free TT+ unit

EDIT: well, not that i expected Elincia to have a prf weapon, but please for the love of god come on, Claude is the demote and he has both a prf weapon AND a personal skill: this is utterly lame

Edited by Yexin

Catch and Ideal seals are really unfortunate. First, unlike all the other combat-boosting families (Solo, Form, etc.), they can't be used by everyone, so you upgrade them only for two movement types. Second, even on units who can use them, they barely count as a sidegrade; Solo, Form, and Brazen give better stats, and Bond is at least more consistent (Push is probably worse, though). Third, since they are two separate families, it's going to take twice as long for us to get through all of them. Solos are going to be a better option for a lot of units, while Forms and Bonds are better for save armors.

Damn, Whitecap Bow is good. Good enough that there's actually a chance it won't be able to be refined, like the Ninja weapons, though it's not like it even needs a refine to compete.

Now let's just hope that they don't screw over Elincia's Atk stat too much.

Infantry Hexblade is really underwhelming for the 20k points reward Sacred Seal. The effect is actually good, but the Spur range makes it completely unusable outside of PvE maps.

Atk/Def Catch is amazing, though, and hopefully they keep up the pace and release a new Catch or Ideal skill each month. While they aren't as strong as the Solo skills, their activation condition isn't dependent on positioning and obviously matches up much more smoothly with the same skill on the A slot so that you don't have to worry about having two different activation conditions to meet.

Dual-phase units like Zeke, Gustav, and Legendary Claude can't really use the other A-skill Sacred Seals particularly well, so it's nice to finally have the Catch and Ideal skills coming out as Sacred Seals. (Solo, Stance, Defense, and Session skills are active only on one phase. Bond, Form, and Solo have positioning conditions that make them difficult to use on one phase. Brazen doesn't work on the first round of combat (or after the unit is healed), and Push only works on the first round of combat (and doesn't even match the conditions of the tier-4 skill).)

Also, I'm constantly running out of Sacred Seals for game modes like Allegiance Battles, modes using Brigades, and Summoner Duels S, so this should help alleviate that. Or at least it will once the Atk/Spd versions are released.

Conditional Brave effect, Atk/Spd +5 if unit is healthy, same weapon might as regular bows, no negative side effects otherwise, and it's inheritable from a grail unit...

Welp. friendship with Ninja Yumi has ended, new best friend is Whitecap Bow.

Hope Elincia doesn't mind me not +10ing her.

Ugh, did they really have to screw over Elincia that badly compared to the rest of the banner? She doesn't get a prf weapon, doesn't have a prf skill, and her other skills aren't even that good.

At least her art is good and she still gets the conditional brave effect ...

Cool, I guess I am talking about every unit in the video.

Dimitri: Sky Blue Lion seems fun for breaking walls. I think he is better off as infantry so he can run Flashing Blade for more true damage. I wish he got more Canto to more effectively move away from enemies. The only thing missing is Windsweep and Watersweep Sacred Seal.

Micaiah: Wavecrest Maiden feels a lot more iffy in the tank busting role. Under player control, she should not have an issue against fast Save tanks, but she might struggle against slow Save tanks with sky high Res. Under AI control, I think she is just going to struggle no matter what, since players can easily stack Res on their fast Save tanks, not to mention all the damage reduction from Flayns and Elimines. She still seems fine as a regular nuke though cause she is going to win that Res check most of the time.

Claude: Tropical Trouble is a lot more tame. He cannot break walls like the previous two. He is just a plain old nuke, and those are like a penny for two dozens at this point. Nice fodder though.

Edelgard: Sun Empresses seems pretty fun, although tricky to use. On player phase during Chaos Season, and if we can get a Sweep Sacred Seal for double Sweeps, Florina: Azure Sky Knight can set up with Fury 7, and then Thórr and Edelgard: Sun Empresses can move in and Galeforce the enemy team. She will work as a Save tank too, similar to Arden; if she is running Hardy Fighter, she will also need to offload either Guard or Breath onto a support unit though, whereas Arden only needs to offload Breath.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

Catch and Ideal seals are really unfortunate. First, unlike all the other combat-boosting families (Solo, Form, etc.), they can't be used by everyone, so you upgrade them only for two movement types. Second, even on units who can use them, they barely count as a sidegrade; Solo, Form, and Brazen give better stats, and Bond is at least more consistent (Push is probably worse, though). Third, since they are two separate families, it's going to take twice as long for us to get through all of them. Solos are going to be a better option for a lot of units, while Forms and Bonds are better for save armors.

Catches are pretty consistent in PvE; unless you are using Savage Blow or Blazings, enemies are always going to be at 100% HP. In PvP, enemies are far more bulky and survive combat more frequently, so it is harder to trigger Catches consistently via the HP requirement. Ideals just need a bonus buff, which is trivial to get on nukes.

Forms and Bonds are not even usable. The only units that may even want to use them are non-melee Far Save tanks, and that is assuming they do not need Quick Riposte or Mystic Boost, which makes the pool of users extremely tiny.

33 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Conditional Brave effect, Atk/Spd +5 if unit is healthy, same weapon might as regular bows, no negative side effects otherwise, and it's inheritable from a grail unit...

Welp. friendship with Ninja Yumi has ended, new best friend is Whitecap Bow.

Hope Elincia doesn't mind me not +10ing her.

Ninja Yumi got true damage, so it is more future proof in my opinion since it can always deal damage to slow foes.

Edited by XRay