Special Heroes: Summer Vacation

Okay, I'm kind of disappointed in some ways and in other ways have been tempted for pulling. Presently, I have every Dimitri in the game and I love this one's adorable visor. Also, Claude's deer bracelet and amber glasses are such great design choices. Thankfully, Claude's the demote. So, I'll probably be pulling green and blue here. I do see IS' logic in having the young house leaders here with the new game coming out. It also does make sense for them to join in the summer fun alongside their other house members. Something about this set just feels right.

Now that we've talked about the positives, time to go talking about...other things.

First, while I see what Edelgard and Altina have in common (both opposed goddesses and ruled empires), I can't help but feel like there must have been better choices. The two characters just feel so...distant. And, further, if Miciah's here, why is Altina not spending more time with her instead? She spent some time with Sanaki and Sephiran in winter, so I'm glad to see her and Miciah together for the summer, but then why is Altina focusing more on Edelgard instead? And more than that, I can't help but think that there were better choices for a harmonic in general here. Still, I think I get what IS was going for, choosing ladies. *sigh* Well, they do have a right to it.

Apart from that, I'm actually kind of annoyed that they picked Miciah and Elincia AGAIN. Those two were in the Hoshidan Dance Festival too. Elincia in particular is so out of left field. She barely has any relation to the other characters. Like...pick a theme. This would have been a good time to introduce Lerahn, or maybe even Soan. Heck, they could have had Altina and Edelgard be separate units and have Dimitri and Soan (Lions, har har) as the combined unit. And, actually, Zelgius would have been hilarious here. He could have been watching Altina use her Alondite and ask for some pointers or something. It would fit since he's something of a protector of Miciah's in FE10. And, if they wanted to put Elincia in there, they could have put in Lucia and Geoffrey instead of Altina and Miciah. Just have Elincia paired with Edelgard (if they want to go for the ruler theme) and have Geoffrey be the TT+ unit (if they're trying to meet a quota for female summer units on banners.) And this is even aside from my personal dislike of both Elincia and Miciah.

In the end, though, my saying anything on here doesn't change anything, so it's not like I'm under that illusion. These are just my thoughts that I decided to express. Man, such a mixed bag banner for me. Maybe pulling blue/green and being done with it. May wind up saving orbs instead since I need to get Axe Valor so I can finally train up my axe units.

Whatever the case, it's nice to see everyone in the banner relaxing and having a good time.

Edit: Also, Altina seems to always be the backpack. And I wonder if Miciah's Prescience skill is inheritable...

Edit again: I forgot that Sanaki wasn't the head of the winter harmonic.

Edited by Mercakete

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

Catches are pretty consistent in PvE; unless you are using Savage Blow or Blazings, enemies are always going to be at 100% HP. In PvP, enemies are far more bulky and survive combat more frequently, so it is harder to trigger Catches consistently via the HP requirement. Ideals just need a bonus buff, which is trivial to get on nukes.

Forms and Bonds are not even usable. The only units that may even want to use them are non-melee Far Save tanks, and that is assuming they do not need Quick Riposte or Mystic Boost, which makes the pool of users extremely tiny.

Ideals are certainly more viable since they rely on your own units rather than your enemy, but they're still liable to being turned off by things like Lulls.

I disagree completely on Form seals in general, they're great in the right team compositions. I use them regularly and see them regularly on enemy teams. Most save armors already have guaranteed follow-up in some form so don't get much out of QR, and just dealing and taking less damage is usually better than Mystic Boost, which has no stat boosts. I pretty much stopped using Mystic Boost entirely a few months ago because I got tired of missing KOs and seeing the healing be worthless.

Bond seals aren't as good as Form but for save armors they are objectively better than Ideal seals will be. They are not great by any means, but at least you can know they will be active. I don't use them outside of PvE myself, though.

The overall point is that when I already have the option of Solo, Form, Brazen, and Bond seals, I have pretty much every context covered (even if something like Bond is used a lot less often, it's still there). I don't see a situation where I would want to upgrade and use a Catch or Ideal seal unless I just really need a 5th Atk/Def boosting seal for something like Arena Assault.

16 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

She barely has any relation to the other characters. Like...pick a theme.

Queens. Edelgard, Altina, Micaiah, and Elincia are all queens.

18 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Edit: Also, Altina seems to always be the backpack. And I wonder if Miciah's Prescience skill is inheritable...

Altina was the lead in her Winter banner Duo with Sanaki.

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

Ideals are certainly more viable since they rely on your own units rather than your enemy, but they're still liable to being turned off by things like Lulls.

The enemy typically doesn't debuff themselves, so Catch is still pretty much entirely under your control. It's a bit harder to land debuffs on the right enemy on maps with extremely mobile opposing units where you often need to take out multiple units in a single turn, but in the high Arena where Rally balls tend to send one enemy at you at a time, Catch is extremely consistent.

With Menace increasing in distribution (and easy to grab on Forma), tier-4 Smokes being introduced, and the general lack of other good C skills for cavalry, it's not particularly difficult to activate the debuff condition consistently with cavalry.

It's a bit more difficult with fliers due to the fact that most of them would rather have Rein over Menace, and recently released fliers tend to have Rein instead of Menace for that reason, but it's still doable without too much trouble.

49 minutes ago, XRay said:

Ninja Yumi got true damage, so it is more future proof in my opinion since it can always deal damage to slow foes.

It's +4 true damage per hit. If a follow-up is allowed (which in most cases is a pretty big IF), that's only 12 damage total, assuming the enemy is so bulky that the Ninja Yumi user can't deal any damage otherwise.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Queens. Edelgard, Altina, Micaiah, and Elincia are all queens.

Not a strong theme. There are a ton of queens in the FE universe. Besides, I'm talking friend groups, and like I said, they don't have a strong relation to each other.

Altina was the lead in her Winter banner Duo with Sanaki.

I already fixed that in my edit.

2 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Not a strong theme. There are a ton of queens in the FE universe. Besides, I'm talking friend groups, and like I said, they don't have a strong relation to each other.

Elincia, Micaiah, and Sanaki are the only ones in Tellius at the end of Radiant Dawn. Then just replace Sanaki with big Sanaki.

Claude was my only missing house leader legendary, so I'm quite glad for the chance to finally get him with Falling Star.

At this point, 18 of the 24 house students have seasonals, the only missing ones are Hubert, Petra, Annette, Ferdinand, Dedue, and Linhardt.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Elincia, Micaiah, and Sanaki are the only ones in Tellius at the end of Radiant Dawn. Then just replace Sanaki with big Sanaki.

Again, that isn't my point, but before I reiterate what I meant, I want to apologize. I was beginning to get frustrated with you by association with our previous discussion in another thread and my frustration with that, as during that one, it felt like we couldn't quite reach a consensus on understanding. (I.e., finding common ground, or even hearing my own points repeated back to me so I knew they were being tracked.) Allowing the irritation from the previous conversation to influence me here was wrong and I apologize for it. Credit where credit is due: I messed up here, and the sense that I was being hounded was probably imagined. As I said before, we are both intelligent people with good reasoning processes. It's just what we use within those processes which may differ. As long as we see one another and our reasoning as valid without needing to be identical, we can agree on the most important things and remain respectful of each other. That is my belief.

Now, onto my reiteration of my point here. I am talking about relational connections when I say "theme." I recognize that all three are Tellius rulers. (I won't say "queen" because technically speaking, one is an empress, which has a somewhat different rulership system than queens.) That said, the only strong relational bonds here are between Altina and Miciah. This is what makes Elincia feel out of place to me. "Who is this to this other person? What are their shared experiences or blood ties?" These are the important questions in my sorting process as to whom makes sense to appear with whom. All they really have in common is being female rulers from Tellius, which was already a concept explored in the Hoshidan summer festival banner, which I already cited. And this is why this combination makes no sense to me. I already said it several times and I will say it again: IS can do what they want and I have little to no influence on their decisions, nor should I. I'm only giving my impressions based on my own system of reasoning. I will say that I believe I gave adequate context within my original post for this conclusion to be drawn and do feel like what I said was taken out of context. However, I cannot say for certain whether or not this was purely accidental. I will assume so until it is made clear, not that that is really necessary. In the end, I'm just trying to clarify why I don't personally believe these three make sense as representatives, as they do not have close, personal bonds with one another, as Miciah would with those she has blood ties to or the Dawn Brigade, or Elincia with her blood relatives, or her retainers (which she also has close friendships with, speaking specifically of Geoffrey and Lucia.)

Don't just look at the Tellius half. The Fodlan characters are also rulers too. So all six have in common being rulers. And that can be the only connection present, there's no obligation to be more complex than that.

Well that's honestly kinda boring. I especially think Altina is a weak link. It should have been Sanaki. That way you got the three Fodlandian and the Three (Beorc) Tellius leaders all in one place rather than two Tellius leader and their great great great grandmother. I also don't really find her a good fit for Edelgard either.

39 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Well that's honestly kinda boring. I especially think Altina is a weak link. It should have been Sanaki. That way you got the three Fodlandian and the Three (Beorc) Tellius leaders all in one place rather than two Tellius leader and their great great great grandmother. I also don't really find her a good fit for Edelgard either.

I think they avoided Sanaki so she wouldn't be a backpack for a second time.

Elincia didn't get a prf...haah. That was to be expected, but it still bothers me. At least her bow is pretty powerful despite being inheritable, so her viability will depend on her Atk/Spd. This banner has proven me wrong twice already, so I'm not going to hope for anything and just wait to see what happens when the datamine arrives. Worse comes to worst, Elincia will be good fodder for Norne. 

The seals are whatever. Catch and Ideal 3 are not that great and tend to be outclassed by Solo and Form skills. I'd consider them as AA filler seals, but there's no need to go with lesser seals when you can have up to 20 pre-made teams with premium seals if you use the team lock feature. 

HI GUUUUUUYS!

Its been some months since I don't come here, I was gonna come back after the bridal banner alt but with school and A LOT of stress and all I ended up not coming, then I was gonna come back with the new chapter of the main story but didn't again... But anyway I'm on vacations now so I'll have more time to play FEH and to discuss about it, and with this trailer I definitively HAD to come here.

THE UNITS HERE ARE INSANE

I mean, in summer banners there are usually at least some units which almost whole purpouse is to fodder, but here- even if there are some great skills (I mean, look at this juicy- and probably very annoying too deal with but also fun as hell to use- Assault troop!)- you most definitively won't want to fodder anyone because literally EVERYONE on the banner has a prf weapon AND a prf skill. Thats insane! (I'm pretty sure that IS is trying to make us spend our orbs here right now to be out of orbs during the CYL banner). Also I'm extremely happy that, for the first time in my life, I managed to store almost 150 orbs (I have never gotten even close to 100 before...) so I'll try to get a least one copy of everyone (Micaiah is on the bottom of the priority list though since I already have her L!alt and they look kinda alike). With the stakes this high, I was hoping for Elincia to be great too, with a prf and all, but this Whitecap bow is just SO GREAT that I don't even mind (my Shinon will love this). And I'm pretty happy that the 3H lords finally got a non 3H lore related alt too (I would personally have liked it better if it were bridal alts because I'd love to see them on bridal gowns... but I always knew that it would probably never gonna happen because the bridal theme doesn't really fit them in any way, so yeah summer is good) and that this time it isn't Edelgard-axe, Dimitri-lance and Claude-colorless bow again, they could have chosen another color (or even another weapon) for Micaiah though.

Also, I knew they were going to make a summer alt for Edelgard this year (or just VERY soon), I KNEW IT! (because, as I said here lots of times, IS would love to make all of her quotes be about how she can't swim)

17 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

Surprised they gave Edelgard a very Modest Swimsuit. Most other swimsuit females tend to have a more risqué outfit, meaning they have a part of their breast exposed. 

Yeah, first thing that came to mind was the scars she has on her body, one time I was saying here on SF that I thought that she was going to get a summer alt and someone pointed to me that if she did she would have to have very tame clothing because she is embarassed of the scars (that i didn't know she had cause I never played 3H). But I think that the comment that I quote next to this paragraph is also another good motive.

17 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Edelgard seems to be the one female lord that they really don't want to sexualize. And I agree with them, since they were able to make her so popular with no sexuaization before they really don't need to start now.

That is also a good point. Surprisinlgly, they never did it with Lucina too, as far as I'm aware (I mean, none of her 3 seasonal alts were over sexualized, and there is an easter and a summer one among them so thats saying a lot! And from the Lucina cypher cards I saw, none of them was sexualized too).

About Altina, I'm happy that she is here because I like her a lot, but I understand the sentiment from who thinks that she shouldn't be here, specially from the ones that actually played Radiant Dawn. This might seem kinda stupid or shallow to think, but the one thing that bothered me a lot here is that- Well, idk if anything about Altina's height is ever said in her actual home game but as far as I know it wasn't right? I even researched and found nothing- I always pictured Altina as being pretty (or at least kinda) tall, yet she is barely taller than Edelgard here, who is 1,58... I know that the artist probably did this for aesthetic purpouses or just didn't care about the heights, but it still bugs me because Edelgard has a canon height so when we see another character next to her its natural to kind of compare their heights, I did it with every other character that has a canon height and it never seemed that something was that off (I mean, Hilda and Marianne's height difference seem right on their summer alt, Lene and Dorothea's considerable height difference doesn't seem weird to me since Dorothea is kinda tall anyway (and i don't know anything about Lene anyway...), Lute being that much taller than Lysithea felt a little weird at first because Lute is probably petit since she has only 3 Con on FE8 but thinking logically it actually makes sense that she is that much taller than Lysithea because since she is just 1,48 before timeskip, so Lute could be 1,60 or even a little less and would still be around 10cm taller than Lysithea, Ok I think that their height difference is a little bigger than I would normally picture but it still makes sense... And Roy and Eliwood's height difference seems natural as hell and that seem exactly how an average/not particulary tall adult would stand next to a 1,60 tall boy) but with Altina and Edelgard I instantly spotted it. I mean, look, here is the height difference between Altina and Ike side to side with Ragnell (both drawn by Kita Senri): https://i.imgur.com/WRw4Kan.jpg, now imagine if Altina was no much taller than 1,58, HOW SHORT WOULD SANAKI EVEN BE THEN? Well, I will stop complaining now, sorry if it was too much, but still... just thinking about it melts my brain. Even though I'm bitching here, apart from the height thing I found this art to be really stunning, both of the girls here look really great (I mean I wouldn't complain if Altina's abs were more visible but yeah, the art is very beautiful and I couldn't ask for much more than we got) , its just my obssession with canon heights that ruins it a little for me. 

Anyway, I think that with this, now we know that Dimitri will be the lead if we ever get that Dimitri/Edelgard child duo, if IS keep following the pattern of not having an character be the lead twice (Líf and Alfonse don't count as the same character)

17 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

Wow, they actually broke pattern and did a Harmonic twice in a row!

...Wow, it could not be any more opposite to what I asked for. (Well that's a lie, the backpack could've been Ashera instead, then the irony would be perfect.) I guess this confirms that IntSys is committed to Sothis having zero meaningful interaction with anyone other than Byleth, not even with fellow like-minded goddess Yune.

Wasted potential aside, the 4★ Claude (with his PRF Skill!) and Harmogard's inheritable C Skill are points of interest.

Wow, I would love this! Edelgard/Ashera and Sothis/Yune would be fun as hell! I feel like Yune and Sothis would get along well.

16 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Don't care for Claude here as the demote, but he also looks weirdly young? I also get that Atrocity is Dimi's thing now but it's funny to see it not just on a pre-timeskip version, but on this version in particular. Is he committing war crimes while dressed like that, or is the outfit in itself the atrocity?

HAHAHAHAHA this really made me laugh! But is actually a really good point. And I wonder how bad all this fur from the cape will look once it's all stained with sweat, sea water, sunscreen sand and maybe even ice cream. It will be sticky as hell and surely will never become white again

@Mercakete, I couldn't agree more with the "Micaiah and Elincia... again." thing, specially since Micaiah looks so much like her Legendary alt, except that with this brave gimmick (although it doesn't even matter that much since her Legendary can already attack twice before the foe can attack anyway, and S!Micaiah is almost never going to quad attack so the only major difference is not having to be under 50% HP to attack twice before the foe's counterattack). Unfortunately this sounds like this is the banner that they would not want to put any obscute character (or rather, the banner that they wouldn't  put any non top popular character) so there was no helping it with Micaiah's or Elincia's pals I guess (Maybe except Lucia? Idk). I$ didn't even try to hide that this banner is the "Try to resist spending orbs on me with all of these waifus and husbandos using swimswuits and all of these brave weapons, you'll be poor when CYL comes!" banner... (Yo, I'm not trying to mansplain you by telling you how I "know" or think that IS thinks nor to highlight your unimportant statements and take them out off context or anything, I know that you're just expressing your thoughts about the banner here,  sometimes I have kind of a hard time expressing the tone I want when I'm commenting on something someone said, specially via text, and specially now that I just came back so I'm less used to commenting like a normal person here :P, so I wanna clarify this to not look arrogant or as if I was imposing my opinion over yours, I'm just trying to express that I'm also sad that these characters that have more in common with other characters are not going to be here on this banner but that it also makes sense for me for them to not considering the... situation (time of the year) we're in, seriously at this rate I would take Lucia of any kind even if it means alt hell for her...  And also I'm trying to express how reactionless I'm that they're not even trying to hide how much of a fanservice banner this is to make us all poor, but for some reason it kinda sounds like I'm trying to explain to you "how it works", I tried to say this with a friendly and chatty without sounding passive agressive, but after reading this paragraph again this wasn't the tone that this last part of this text seemed to pass, it seemed kinda smug, so I'm clarifying this on this kind of unecessarily long parenthesis 🙂 ). Now I just wonder what the legendary will be this month (I bet it will be either pretty bad/middling for them to have felt the need to make SUCH and appelative summer banner... or maybe pretty good to make us even more poor, I guess, I really hope its the first one because I wanna save for the CYL and a good Legendary wouldn't help)

Anyway, it's nice to be back, I missed writing this bible-long texts about a random mobile game that take more than 1 hour to write and that probably only 5 or 6 people will read, but whatever... I have a lot of fun and joy doing this. soon I'll go to the Book VI discussion to see what you guys have been saying there. Lets make an effort to save some orbs for the CYL banner, theres not much time left. 😉

Edited by ARMADS!!!

17 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Edelgard seems to be the one female lord that they really don't want to sexualize. And I agree with them, since they were able to make her so popular with no sexuaization before they really don't need to start now.

I really hope they stick to this, but I'm not holding my breath.

17 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

Surprised they gave Edelgard a very Modest Swimsuit. Most other swimsuit females tend to have a more risqué outfit, meaning they have a part of their breast exposed. 

I'm surprised they didn't conveniently forget this, but

Spoiler

she has a lot of scars from the experimentation she went through as a child.

I didn't notice at first, but I'm glad they gave Micaiah those cloth gloves too, to cover up her Brand. Also, I think it's really cool how her outfit has the same color scheme as her default look, it's really clever!

Anyway, I'm SO tempted to pull on this banner but with no spark who knows if I'd even get anyone. I may try and get Micaiah or Edelgard/ Altina, and hope to get lucky with a surprise Claude along the way. I'm still so mad Constance didn't appear until I sparked her yesterday...

4 hours ago, Rinco said:

Main takeaway from this banner: We now have the Edelgard who's going to slip in the top8 of next year's AHR.

Given that this one is a duo unit, I'd be down with that.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Watch this Edelgard be knocked out of the top 8 by the inevitable Three Hopes Ascended version we'll get next month, like how B!Edelgard knocked L!Edelgard out of the running last year.

That said, it is weird how we finally have an Edelgard who's actually worthy of being on that banner...

Altina's a very strange choice.  Why not have Edelgard be in a duo with Micaiah (as I think those two could talk about quite a few things), and put Sanaki in the colorless slot instead?

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm imagining a full red-value banner with S!Edelgard, V!Chrom and two more good red units we could eventually get till then.
After this year's AHR, I'm feeling spoiled 😂

Honestly, Elincia getting an alt is fine. She's only ever had a single alt, a dancer back in year 2, that had nice art but is pretty much outclassed in everything at this point. (That said, just being able to dance still gives her more use than other outclassed units.) If there's a "problem unit" on this banner, it's Micaiah. She has a dancer alt too, but also got a prf weapon, she was the lead of a duo alt with a prf weapon, and got a legendary that's still good. Also, her summer alt is colorless like her previous two alts. And yeah, I know that she's popular being CYL 3 winner and all, but it's not like we're getting flooded with Celica alts and SHE won CYL 2.

I feel like they could've picked a different theme besides Tellius queens, and while I'm not surprised to see the three house leaders I'm not exactly happy to see them either ... especially with all of their busted ass prf skills. Let's either go back and retroactively give all the other characters with prf skills those skills in previous alts, or here's a better idea: not every alt of a character needs their assigned "personal skill" on every alt. It's fine.

16 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

@Mercakete, I couldn't agree more with the "Micaiah and Elincia... again." thing, specially since Micaiah looks so much like her Legendary alt, except that with this brave gimmick (although it doesn't even matter that much since her Legendary can already attack twice before the foe can attack anyway, and S!Micaiah is almost never going to quad attack so the only major difference is not having to be under 50% HP to attack twice before the foe's counterattack). Unfortunately this sounds like this is the banner that they would not want to put any obscute character (or rather, the banner that they wouldn't  put any non top popular character) so there was no helping it with Micaiah's or Elincia's pals I guess (Maybe except Lucia? Idk). I$ didn't even try to hide that this banner is the "Try to resist spending orbs on me with all of these waifus and husbandos using swimswuits and all of these brave weapons, you'll be poor when CYL comes!" banner... (Yo, I'm not trying to mansplain you by telling you how I "know" or think that IS thinks nor to highlight your unimportant statements and take them out off context or anything, I know that you're just expressing your thoughts about the banner here,  sometimes I have kind of a hard time expressing the tone I want when I'm commenting on something someone said, specially via text, and specially now that I just came back so I'm less used to commenting like a normal person here :P, so I wanna clarify this to not look arrogant or as if I was imposing my opinion over yours, I'm just trying to express that I'm also sad that these characters that have more in common with other characters are not going to be here on this banner but that it also makes sense for me for them to not considering the... situation (time of the year) we're in, seriously at this rate I would take Lucia of any kind even if it means alt hell for her...  And also I'm trying to express how reactionless I'm that they're not even trying to hide how much of a fanservice banner this is to make us all poor, but for some reason it kinda sounds like I'm trying to explain to you "how it works", I tried to say this with a friendly and chatty without sounding passive agressive, but after reading this paragraph again this wasn't the tone that this last part of this text seemed to pass, it seemed kinda smug, so I'm clarifying this on this kind of unecessarily long parenthesis 🙂 ). Now I just wonder what the legendary will be this month (I bet it will be either pretty bad/middling for them to have felt the need to make SUCH and appelative summer banner... or maybe pretty good to make us even more poor, I guess, I really hope its the first one because I wanna save for the CYL and a good Legendary wouldn't help)

Anyway, it's nice to be back, I missed writing this bible-long texts about a random mobile game that take more than 1 hour to write and that probably only 5 or 6 people will read, but whatever... I have a lot of fun and joy doing this. soon I'll go to the Book VI discussion to see what you guys have been saying there. Lets make an effort to save some orbs for the CYL banner, theres not much time left. 😉

Actually, I find your frantic explaining endearing and relatable. XD Don't worry; I think you achieved the tone you were going for. I know you're just adding to the conversation, taking an "along side" stance rather than an opposing one. I gotchya, friend. 😉 And I appreciate it. ^_^ As much as I enjoy intellectual conversations, debates that go on too long without common ground really grate at me, but conversely, I super enjoy shared feelings. And no worries about being away -- life comes before digital life. All it means is that your priorities are straight! ^_^ Good to have you back, though. (Also, laughed at the "unnecessarily long parenthesis" comment (though technically it's a parenthetical statement, not the parenthesis. No worries, though; it's not a commonly known term.) XD)

Looking forward to seeing you on the story discussion again. 🙂

17 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

If there's a "problem unit" on this banner, it's Micaiah. She has a dancer alt too, but also got a prf weapon, she was the lead of a duo alt with a prf weapon, and got a legendary that's still good. Also, her summer alt is colorless like her previous two alts. And yeah, I know that she's popular being CYL 3 winner and all, but it's not like we're getting flooded with Celica alts and SHE won CYL 2.

Honestly, it isn't even so much about Micaiah as it is about the fact that Valentia in general just doesn't have that many seasonals. Including Tempest Trials units, Valentia has 14 seasonal units which means it has less than either Path of Radiance (20 seasonals) or Radiant Dawn (23 seasonals) do individually. Jugdral also has the same problem (15 seasonals between its two games with Leif & Seliph only counted once).

Characters like Nailah and Altina should not be showing up on multiple seasonal banners when Alm, Sigurd, Leif, Celica and Seliph (the last two don't even have a seasonal unit to themselves) can't get multiple appearances.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Honestly, it isn't even so much about Micaiah as it is about the fact that Valentia in general just doesn't have that many seasonals. Including Tempest Trials units, Valentia has 14 seasonal units which means it has less than either Path of Radiance (20 seasonals) or Radiant Dawn (23 seasonals) do individually. Jugdral also has the same problem (15 seasonals between its two games with Leif & Seliph only counted once).

Characters like Nailah and Altina should not be showing up on multiple seasonal banners when Alm, Sigurd, Leif, Celica and Seliph (the last two don't even have a seasonal unit to themselves) can't get multiple appearances.

I don't disagree with this at all. But the other half of the problem is that it's usually the same characters who get spammed rather than a variety. I'm less annoyed with Elincia because she's only ever gotten one other alt in the second year of the game and doesn't double up on either of her colors and she really should've been on the child banner over either Mia or Ilyana. If they wanted to pick some Tellius girl who doesn't have any alts or one very old dated one and hasn't shown up recently I think I'd have less issue with it. But really, it's basically like we see the same Tellius girls over and over again and I'm kinda sick of seeing Micaiah, Mia, Ilyana, and Sanaki now. I'm also sick of Altina now, which didn't even occur as a possibility to me because she's not even an actual character.

On this front Heroes has really not improved at all I guess. In the days of "Fateswakening spam", it was really more like "certain characters get spammed over and over again" ... and that's still it today, just for different games.

Like ... Jugdral in particular gets the seasonal dearth pretty bad because the game seems to "reserve" Jugdral only for very specific banners. Themes that are more "serious" like ballroom dancing and a holiday that's very specific to Jugdral only.

Stats n' stuff [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

gre2exu444691.png

Edelgard & Altina
Super Asset(s): Def, Res
Super Flaw(s): Atk, Spd
*Assault Troop is only available to sword, lance and axe units (I mistakenly thought it was armors only initially, but there aren’t any movement type restrictions).

Claude
Super Asset(s): Spd, Def
Super Flaw(s): Res
*Spd/Def Rein 3 is 5 star locked.

Dimitri
Super Asset(s): Spd
Super Flaw(s): HP, Atk, Res

Micaiah
Super Asset(s): Atk
Super Flaw(s): HP, Def

Elincia
Super Asset(s): Spd, Def