Special Heroes: Summer Vacation

5 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

Gonzales: Edgelord solo. Nothing here threatens the god-tier 3H units.
Mercedes & Annette (Video!😞 Ashnard solo. This had me pulling my hair out for a while because Ashnard kept getting exact damage memed... until I saw that I somehow never gave him any Dragonflowers. That fixed things real quick.
Hel: Phina, L!Marth, L!Tiki, Y!Minerva. Same as it ever was, but this map felt uninteresting to me since L!Marth did most of the work with his cracked-ass remix. Phina wasn't much good here since there are hardly any Armors/Cavs.
Palla & Catria: H!L'Arachel solo. Another stat check that ended up corrected by Dragonflowers, mostly because she needed Atk/Def Solo instead of Atk/Spd Solo to tank some hits from Catria.

Corrin (Video!) : I was worried about this one for a while... and then I saw we were using the Awakening barracks. Which of course means...

I think you're in the wrong thread/ sub-forum...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I think you're in the wrong thread/ sub-forum...

Fuck me sideways. I had the proper thread open in a separate tab and somehow posted in here anyway. Cleaning it up now, sorry for the trouble!

Interesting that Assault Troop is only locked to Sword/Lance/Axe units... especially considering that Armor units are really the only ones who see any actual benefit from it. Infantry and Fliers both already have 2 move and have other movement-increasing options available, and Cav units just HAVE 3 move.

I... honestly can't think of any good reason why Assault Troop belongs on a non-Armor unit...

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Interesting that Assault Troop is only locked to Sword/Lance/Axe units... especially considering that Armor units are really the only ones who see any actual benefit from it. Infantry and Fliers both already have 2 move and have other movement-increasing options available, and Cav units just HAVE 3 move.

I... honestly can't think of any good reason why Assault Troop belongs on a non-Armor unit...

I guess if they really want to dash 3 squares in a row, it could be more consistent than Tempest skills. It does seem narrow though, especially for cavalry who I think could use it to override Gravity or trenches but not otherwise.

I'd expected it to be armor-exclusive, and armor/infantry wouldn't have been much different.

So, for S!Claude, +Atk or +Spd?

Spd is a super boon and good for securing doubles, but I could see an argument for +Atk, as he has a (conditional) brave weapon.
Also, I'll be keeping him as +1 only, if that makes a difference. Probably using him on SD or some comp for AR-O sometimes.

6 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Spd is a super boon and good for securing doubles, but I could see an argument for +Atk, as he has a (conditional) brave weapon.
Also, I'll be keeping him as +1 only, if that makes a difference. Probably using him on SD or some comp for AR-O sometimes.

A +1m +Spd Claude hits 53spd with just his weapon alone, and thanks to Falling Star he doesn't need to worry about counterattacks unless the enemy is using an effect to disable that damage reduction. As a result, Spd building him may be ideal.

On the other hand, he's still quite fast at +1m +Atk, hitting 49 Spd with his weapon alone (48 if the base asset/flaw is +Atk -Spd) and he can still be built up with Atk/Spd stacking to remain faster than a good majority of units. He fortunately also doesn't need his Spd to grant his conditional Brave effect, and Atk tends to be more valuable to Brave units than Spd...

I personally will be running with +Spd just to be sure he gets follow-ups.

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

In PvE, there is no point going +Spd at all for non slow pokes since enemies are slow. If you are running a quad Cherche or Reinhardt, +Spd would make more sense in that situation, but Claude: Tropical Trouble is nowhere near that slow.

In PvP, I still think he should stick with +Atk. I would only go +Spd if you plan to give him Windsweep or Watersweep. While he is not going to take out any ultra bulky units, he can still take out normal tanks and dual phase units, but those units are getting bulkier and bulkier, so I think it is better for him to keep up with them with +Atk. Against Spd tanks, he should focus on killing them in two hits rather than quad attacks. Unlike Desperation, Fallen Star is tied to having high HP, and HP is not going to last forever unless you bring a healer or something.

Fuck Assault Troop's very existence. We didn't need armors that could move 3 spaces. Isn't the whole point of them that they get higher BST for less move? Why not just give all the movement types a BST boost if this bullshit is allowed to exist?

(Yes, I know AT's inheritance is limited and on a single unit right now. The single unit who has it ABSOLUTELY DID NOT NEED IT TO POWERFUL AND IS A STATBALL.)

21 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Fuck Assault Troop's very existence. We didn't need armors that could move 3 spaces. Isn't the whole point of them that they get higher BST for less move? Why not just give all the movement types a BST boost if this bullshit is allowed to exist?

(Yes, I know AT's inheritance is limited and on a single unit right now. The single unit who has it ABSOLUTELY DID NOT NEED IT TO POWERFUL AND IS A STATBALL.)

Personally, I rather deal with armors running around all over the place than Save balls. Outside of a Save team, they are so much quicker to kill. And a vanilla player phase Edelgard: Sun Empresses running around like a headless chicken is a pretty tasty enemy for Reinhardt to zap and eat.

PFFF okay, so in the TT+, Miciah was wishing Sothe was there and Elincia talked about how she wishes various others were there (probably her uncle, Lucia, and Geoffrey.) Wow, even the characters here realize that this was a weird, patchwork selection. Also, Elincia talked about how she hadn't been able to hang out with Miciah much before. Uh, did they (the characters) legit forget about the Hoshidan summer event?

Edit: Also, I wonder if this was a hint as to next month/year's banner. Maybe we'll get the Dawn Brigade and/or Crimean knights? Does this mean Kieran will finally get in?! If so, will he be a duo with Oscar?! (Dare I dream?)

Edited by Mercakete

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

PFFF okay, so in the TT+, Miciah was wishing Sothe was there and Elincia talked about how she wishes various others were there (probably her uncle, Lucia, and Geoffrey.) Wow, even the characters here realize that this was a weird, patchwork selection. Also, Elincia talked about how she hadn't been able to hang out with Miciah much before. Uh, did they (the characters) legit forget about the Hoshidan summer event?

They're referring to the fact that they (Micaiah and Elincia) barely got to interact in Radiant Dawn, not in previous events in FEH. It has been heavily established by now that every version of a character summoned to Askr is a different one from previous versions and therefore no memories after being summoned are shared between versions of the same character, which means Summer Elincia & Micaiah don't know what Hoshidan Elincia & Micaiah did (because they're technically different people).

Heck, the last Forging Bonds made a huge deal on how the Retainers have to deal with tons of different versions of their respective Lords.

47 minutes ago, Jave said:

It has been heavily established by now that every version of a character summoned to Askr is a different one from previous versions and therefore no memories after being summoned are shared between versions of the same character, which means Summer Elincia & Micaiah don't know what Hoshidan Elincia & Micaiah did (because they're technically different people).

The story in the 2018 Halloween Tempest Trials kinda contradicts what you just said because both Dorcas and Mia recognize “Marth” from the Farfetched Heroes TT. Halloween Mia is even labeled as being from Radiant Dawn while base Mia is from Path of Radiance.

That, and the entire basis of Mia and “Marth” being a Harmonized duo is because they met in Askr (because otherwise, Mia and Lucina don’t have any particular major commonalities besides a very basic “they’re both swordswomen”) The different versions of a given character can be from different times but at the same time still retain memories they made in Askr previously.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

The story in the 2018 Halloween Tempest Trials kinda contradicts what you just said because both Dorcas and Mia recognize “Marth” from the Farfetched Heroes TT. Halloween Mia is even labeled as being from Radiant Dawn while base Mia is from Path of Radiance.

That, and the entire basis of Mia and “Marth” being a Harmonized duo is because they met in Askr (because otherwise, Mia and Lucina don’t have any particular major commonalities besides a very basic “they’re both swordswomen”) The different versions of a given character can be from different times but at the same time still retain memories they made in Askr previously.

I mean it doesn't really, because there's nothing  in Summer Micaiah and Elincia's dialogue that indicates they're the same people from the Hoshidan Summer event.

The Halloween TT with Mia, Dorcas and "Marth" and the Harmonized Duo of Mia and "Marth" definitely feels more like an exception since they intentionally wrote it that way. Almost every other event that references or features multiple versions of a character treats them as different people.

7 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Edit: Also, I wonder if this was a hint as to next month/year's banner. Maybe we'll get the Dawn Brigade and/or Crimean knights? Does this mean Kieran will finally get in?! If so, will he be a duo with Oscar?! (Dare I dream?)

Lucia, Geoffrey, Brom, Ascended Nephenee. That's the dream!

17 hours ago, Jave said:

They're referring to the fact that they (Micaiah and Elincia) barely got to interact in Radiant Dawn, not in previous events in FEH. It has been heavily established by now that every version of a character summoned to Askr is a different one from previous versions and therefore no memories after being summoned are shared between versions of the same character, which means Summer Elincia & Micaiah don't know what Hoshidan Elincia & Micaiah did (because they're technically different people).

Heck, the last Forging Bonds made a huge deal on how the Retainers have to deal with tons of different versions of their respective Lords.

Good point. I guess I'm still going through some whiplash from these two being picked for 2 different summer banners.

11 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Lucia, Geoffrey, Brom, Ascended Nephenee. That's the dream!

Would an ascended unit even be a seasonal unit? I guess IS could but I don't think there's a precedent for it yet.

11 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Would an ascended unit even be a seasonal unit? I guess IS could but I don't think there's a precedent for it yet.

I don't know why, but for some reason I thought you meant New Heroes banners. Brain fart.

My Arena Core at the moment is B!Eirika, og!Eirika (with RDI4) and N!Hana. Is it worth pulling for a +10 S!Claude to replace one of them? Is it true that if you focus on Blue stones only you can +10 him with on average 350 Orbs? (I probably won't spend right away, don't worry. I'd wait for CYL info at the very least if we get it a few days earlier this year than previous ones.

Thanks in advance, everyone!

Edit: If I don't give him BDF4 he scores 754 which is the same as the rest of my core (756 with it), so I guess my question is "is it worth investing in him"? I have trouble with Arena sometimes in T20; do you think he's a good meta check at the moment?

Edited by DefyingFates

On 6/19/2022 at 11:55 AM, DefyingFates said:

Is it true that if you focus on Blue stones only you can +10 him with on average 350 Orbs?

With a back-of-the-envelope calculation, it's probably closer to 400 orbs, but yes, it's relatively cheap to +10 a 4-star focus unit.

On 6/19/2022 at 11:55 AM, DefyingFates said:

Edit: If I don't give him BDF4 he scores 754 which is the same as the rest of my core (756 with it), so I guess my question is "is it worth investing in him"? I have trouble with Arena sometimes in T20; do you think he's a good meta check at the moment?

Claude is a good unit overall. Canto, a 20-Mt Brave weapon, flier mobility, and 80% damage reduction on the opponent's first attack. His conditional Brave effect is pretty easy to set up with Menace because very few units are capable of nullifying both an opponent's Bonuses and their own Penalties, though it's technically optimal to keep his default Rein and let his teammates do the buffing and debuffing for him. If you can get your hands on it, he can land Lethality every round of combat if the opponent doesn't have Guard.

He might have trouble with the armored Edelgards, though, but you should run the numbers to be certain.

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

With a back-of-the-envelope calculation, it's probably closer to 400 orbs, but yes, it's relatively cheap to +10 a 4-star focus unit.

Claude is a good unit overall. Canto, a 20-Mt Brave weapon, flier mobility, and 80% damage reduction on the opponent's first attack. His conditional Brave effect is pretty easy to set up with Menace because very few units are capable of nullifying both an opponent's Bonuses and their own Penalties, though it's technically optimal to keep his default Rein and let his teammates do the buffing and debuffing for him. If you can get your hands on it, he can land Lethality every round of combat if the opponent doesn't have Guard.

He might have trouble with the armored Edelgards, though, but you should run the numbers to be certain.

Thanks, Ice Dragon! I thought I'd killed the thread for a day there.

This makes it really tempting to merge him up, but I'll stay patient and see what else we get this coming month. But again, if it really only takes ~400 orbs on average to max out such a premium unit...

I have a spare Volke too, after one spooked me, so Lethality is on the table too. I haven't seen many people talk about it though, is that just because it's so rare at the moment?

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

I have a spare Volke too, after one spooked me, so Lethality is on the table too. I haven't seen many people talk about it though, is that just because it's so rare at the moment?

I think part of it is the fact that Volke is still the only source of Lethality and part of it is the fact that Lethality ends up being blocked by both follow-up prevention and Guard (and is blocked if Claude can't activate his Brave effect).

Ruptured Sky is more consistent in terms of activation since it doesn't get blocked by follow-up prevention and only gets blocked by Guard, but it's nowhere near as powerful, and Lethality is significantly better at breaking bulky units as long as you can get it to land. (Even 2 Ruptured Sky procs doesn't beat a single Lethality except against beasts with no damage reduction.) On the other hand, Ruptured Sky is better for taking out enemies before they can counterattack, but again, is less effective against bulky opponents.

What makes Claude a good option for Lethality over units like Duo Lyn who prefer Ruptured Sky is the fact that as long as Claude doesn't get hit by Deadeye or Lethality, he's pretty much guaranteed to survive a single counterattack and therefore can afford to spend 4 hits killing the opponent instead of needing to do it in just 2. At neutral +0+0, he already has 230 single-hit physical bulk, and that goes up to 260 at +10+5.

But still, make sure to run the numbers if you need him to take out bulkier units. Brave Hector and Legendary Edelgard, for example, both have follow-up prevention, and Legendary Edelgard and Brave Edelgard are green, which might make things dicey even with Lethality.

Edited by Ice Dragon