Looking for volunteers for FE Warriors Three Hopes section

6 hours ago, tipperthescales said:

For me, I guess I'm not sure about specifically searching by class tier (since the class itself implies tier) and possibly also not mastery progress (star level) - though the latter probably has more utility since you can see 'oh great I can dip into this class and be done with it'.

I can say for sure I hate the way it looks but I found looking at the skills mid playthough that seeing very quickly "oh, that's a great skill but it's a 4 and I don't have master classes yet, what can I get that's a lower tier" is helpful. I've put alot of hours into Fire Emblem over the last 10 years and I struggle to quickly remember what tier each class belongs to quickly, so I'm sure the average person would struggle more if they know the answer at all. The only reason I used numbers is because they sort easily and I tend to lean function over form when pressed.

All that said I don't even know if the average person would care about that amount of control and information when they come to the page. And in collecting the information needed for the wiki I've made myself a spreadsheet that will give me all the granular control I could wish for. So I'd just leave it to @VincentASM, whatever you think looks best for the wiki is what I'll do. No hurt feelings either way, no matter how much or little of what I've made ends up on the wiki I'm just happy to help.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I'm largely undecided right now. Although I am leaning towards slightly too busy. I think it works for the full ability/arts list, where it helps to identify whereabouts you are in the list. But on the character pages, it seems kinda like fluff ^^;

Also, been banging my head agains the wall, but finally found the character growth rates.

Progress on the wiki looks pretty good too! I am pretty busy, as expected though, ahaha.

Edited by VincentASM

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

I've just been chipping away at the Blue Lions recruitments as I play, haha.

Does anybody have the maximum stats for after you enable limit breaker? The wiki currently only has the default maximum stats.

Apparently it's 120 across the board (12,000 for HP).

9 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Hmm, I'm largely undecided right now. Although I am leaning towards slightly too busy. I think it works for the full ability/arts list, where it helps to identify whereabouts you are in the list. But on the character pages, it seems kinda like fluff ^^;

Well it's super easy to confirm, I've used female Shez as the guinea pig and removed all the extra stuff from her sheet. It definitely looks a lot cleaner but let me know. I have all the characters up to chapter 8 of Blue Lions done (yes I've only done the ones that currently matter to me, so sue me) I'm just waiting on hopefully getting the last few values I'm missing since it's so easy to change them while it's still a spreadsheet. Those are;

All the Rally skills (including deluxe rally that may be different), Transmute, Prepared to Die, Impossible Feat, Counterbreak and Goddess's Vessel.

Also thanks for the update on the growth rate situation 🙂

4 hours ago, FauxVeritas said:

Well it's super easy to confirm, I've used female Shez as the guinea pig and removed all the extra stuff from her sheet. It definitely looks a lot cleaner but let me know. I have all the characters up to chapter 8 of Blue Lions done (yes I've only done the ones that currently matter to me, so sue me) I'm just waiting on hopefully getting the last few values I'm missing since it's so easy to change them while it's still a spreadsheet. Those are;

All the Rally skills (including deluxe rally that may be different), Transmute, Prepared to Die, Impossible Feat, Counterbreak and Goddess's Vessel.

Also thanks for the update on the growth rate situation 🙂

When I have more time today (after shopping, work and stuff), I'll hack in those skills and grab the values ^^

If there's anything else that needs checking, let me know.

EDIT

Oh, Transmute is 3 points. Forgot about that.

Forgot more. Impossible Feat is 25%. Counterbreak is 10.

I don't have the Rallies or Goddess's Vessel yet. Nor any innate abilities. But I can hack those onto Prologue Shez : P

EDIT2

Oh, shopping was called off.

Rally Strength 10
Rally Deluxe 10
Goddess's Vessel 50%
Prepared to Die 25%
Rally Speed 10
Rally Resistance 10
Rally Luck 10
Rally Charm 10

Edited by VincentASM

Thank you so much for that, though I came back to my computer to admit I feel like a bit of a goose. I just realised that at the Change Class screen in the convoy you can press Y to show the abilities a character will learn from that class and press X to get the description for those abilities. Now I say a bit of a goose since I wouldn't be able to check the rallies or Goddess's Vessel yet that way but I was still a bit silly. Still, thought it was worth sharing because it's quite helpful to have that information in-game.

14 minutes ago, FauxVeritas said:

[...] I just realised that at the Change Class screen in the convoy you can press Y to show the abilities a character will learn from that class and press X to get the description for those abilities. [...]

I think the fact that it's nowhere near intuitive to find the information in game (people have asked a lot about this very method to find the info) makes it even more apparent that having it easily available in table form is a massive boon.

I wonder if we should order the arts / abilities based on weapon/class sets (so start with the swords, then lance, axes, bows, gauntlets, tomes) in the 'default' setup for the tables?

10 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

I wonder if we should order the arts / abilities based on weapon/class sets (so start with the swords, then lance, axes, bows, gauntlets, tomes) in the 'default' setup for the tables?

Already doing that yes. I've removed the sort options as well since it didn't serve any purpose without my silly tier column. I've updated Dimitri if you want to see how it looks.

Edited by FauxVeritas

34 minutes ago, FauxVeritas said:

Took a break from doing characters to have a stab at the classes, I've made a start on Bow Knight.

Not quite sure what exactly goes in those sections but give it a look and I'm sure we'll be able to figure it out.

I actually didn't consider that characters would share their mastered ability/skill sets (I had in my mind simply listing each ability or skill to be learned on their own and then stuff in all the character sprites on the relevant rows), but this is looking pretty solid. I think combining the mastery skill sets in one box together (and using a star tier icon, which I can get to when I get free time) may make it cleaner; characters can still be on separate lines (along with their sprites because might as well use them if they're available, I guess?)

I'd like to see a rough guide to the moveset as well (class action, normal attack string, strong attacks, generic Warrior Special) and perhaps a quick class stats / growths / bases comment?

Also would be useful especially for the mounted classes to state "Dismount (default L1 + B) to use the Soldier moveset", and "Weak to attacks that are Effective against Mounted (or is it Cavalry?)" - perhaps copying the class descriptors in the L1 + X menu would suffice here.

4 hours ago, FauxVeritas said:

Took a break from doing characters to have a stab at the classes, I've made a start on Bow Knight.

Not quite sure what exactly goes in those sections but give it a look and I'm sure we'll be able to figure it out.

Listing the skills is good.

Since this is an action game instead of an RPG we might want to talk about how the classes actually play (and note which ones share movesets or dismount into other movesets).

By all means go for it. What I made was just kind of based around the question of how many unique learn sets are there per class. But speaking of icons if anyone has a dump of all the icons/sprites I'd really appreciate access to them. I'd like to build my pages out with the stars and ability icons and such, I think it'd look so much better with them and be worth the extra work.

A minor note for item locations - it appears that you can only obtain each of the Hero's Relics/Silver Sacred Weapons once? Even though there are multiple ways to obtain them. (I.e. you can obtain Thunderbrand in Golden Wildfire even though you don't get to recruit Catherine, so if you play Azure Gleam after that, Catherine doesn't have it when she joins because it's already in the convoy).

Speaking of weapons, I've started making a (very preliminary) page for swords, which can be used as the format for the other weapon types once it's finished.

My access to the game itself is limited at this time so I can't do too much with it yet, but I figure if anybody else wants to take a crack at it I'd get it started.

10 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Speaking of weapons, I've started making a (very preliminary) page for swords, which can be used as the format for the other weapon types once it's finished.

My access to the game itself is limited at this time so I can't do too much with it yet, but I figure if anybody else wants to take a crack at it I'd get it started.

Oh yeah, if it helps, I've added some weapon data to the data-mined spreadsheet.

There is some stuff missing from the sheet, some of which will probably need playing the game. For some bizarre reason, I cannot find weapon ranks, although I can modify them. I might also re-check all the unknown values again, in case I missed something.

8 hours ago, FauxVeritas said:

Can we do tables wider than 800px? I know that was an issue in the last wiki but that 5 years ago.

Hmm, I can't remember that far back, haha. You could try and if it somehow breaks, we'll find out : P

5 hours ago, fly2555 said:

I would like to help contribute to to the Wiki under the name fly2555

Sounds great, I'll send you a PM.

54 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Oh yeah, if it helps, I've added some weapon data to the data-mined spreadsheet.

There is some stuff missing from the sheet, some of which will probably need playing the game. For some bizarre reason, I cannot find weapon ranks, although I can modify them. I might also re-check all the unknown values again, in case I missed something.

Haha, I didn't even know you were the one running the datamine spreadsheet, or at least a contributor to it.

Yeah, I've fetched some info off there, but a lot of it is gonna have to be tested in-game like weapon ranks and forgeability it seems.

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

Haha, I didn't even know you were the one running the datamine spreadsheet, or at least a contributor to it.

Yeah, I've fetched some info off there, but a lot of it is gonna have to be tested in-game like weapon ranks and forgeability it seems.

Oh, figured out weapon ranks after perusing the battalion data, which is much more simple.

Who thought this was a good idea?

• 0 = A
  • 2 = B
  • 4 = C
  • 5 = D
  • 6 = E
1 hour ago, Redsox_Bsn said:

Hey! I'm in for helping grow the wiki under this display name! Let me know what I can do to help 🙂

Cheers! I'll try and create an account once I stop getting 503 errors on the wiki ^^;;

Cleaned up the Sword, Lance, and Gauntlets sections. I don't think the training weapons are part of the game (I don't even see them as part of mock battles), but I'm keeping them there for now.

Also, Relics, Sacred Weapons, and the NG+ Renown weapons count toward the achievements to get all the weapons. Rusted weapons don't.

Edited by Moonlit Knight

41 minutes ago, Moonlit Knight said:

Cleaned up the Sword, Lance, and Gauntlets sections. I don't think the training weapons are part of the game (I don't even see them as part of mock battles), but I'm keeping them there for now.

Also, Relics, Sacred Weapons, and the NG+ Renown weapons count toward the achievements to get all the weapons. Rusted weapons don't.

Their models are used at the Training Grounds, but I don't think they're an obtainable item in the game.

Thanks for filling in the pages. I think we should include materials in the relic/sacred weapon sections so the user knows whether they take Mythril, Umbral Steel, or whatever else.