Looking for volunteers for FE Warriors Three Hopes section

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

Their models are used at the Training Grounds, but I don't think they're an obtainable item in the game.

Thanks for filling in the pages. I think we should include materials in the relic/sacred weapon sections so the user knows whether they take Mythril, Umbral Steel, or whatever else.

It's in the little blurb, but you think it would be better to have it in the chart? Maybe shorten the descriptions to make space?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Moonlit Knight said:

It's in the little blurb, but you think it would be better to have it in the chart? Maybe shorten the descriptions to make space?

Well, the chart doesn't specify which is a Heroes' Relic and which is a Sacred Weapon, haha. But I think matching the same format as the normal weapon chart would be fine. It's okay if the descriptions go to a second line, they don't need to be shortened.

4 hours ago, tipperthescales said:

We can always grab the Relic / Sacred / Agarthan weapon icons to categorise them 'at a glance'.

Speaking of, what are all the icons used for abilities and skills (not CA / magic / weapons those are straightforward)

Oh yeah, been a bit busy, but this private sheet lists the icon IDs.

Meanwhile this zip file has all the icons with the IDs as their file name.

Trouble is, the SF wiki lacks a mass uploader; you can only upload one image at a time.

There are 1200+ abilities, but only(!) 483 icons, but IIRC only(!) 397 are used.

If anyone does want to try uploading the icons, I'd recommend using spreadsheet software to do a vlookup or something, so you can automatically assign file names/links for each ability. Then upload the images via the wiki red links.

Actually, I should probably do that myself...

EDIT

I started a bit in the full ability/arts list.

If you want to automatically insert icons yourself, what you can do is go to the private sheet, copy the ability name and icon columns and paste them into a spreadsheet.

Next, copy the table from the wiki to your spreadsheet, either nearby or in a separate sheet.

Add a new column in the wiki table for the icon. There, for each row in the column, do a vlookup using the ability name on the right, referencing the copied and pasted list from the private sheet, to grab the icon ID. You can also use concat to sandwich the icon ID between "[File:Three-hopes-ability]" and ".png|22px]]".

After that, chuck the new table in Table Cleaner.

Then convert that table using HTML table to MediaWiki.

Oh yeah, the ability list in the private sheet might be kinda funky. I recommend doing some kinda validation check for Three-hopes-ability000 before uploading to SF. Only one(?) ability should have this icon, but it's also the default icon, which shows up when an error happens.

Edited by VincentASM

Super happy to have icons, my character pages going forward will have them 🙂 Just a quick thing in testing out uploads. I happened to by chance click on the nullify cavalry and noticed that it, flying and armor were all one number off of what they should be. 174,175 & 176 instead of 175,176 & 177 respectively. Not a big deal and I've changed them as well as uploaded their icons but as I'm not familiar with vlookup and a lot of the other things you mentioned i thought it might be a warning of other errors and I should tell you just in case.

Edit: upon further inspection it's wrong on the private sheet as well so maybe it's just that. Also if I could get the round combat arts icons and character sprites for each class I would add all those as well.

Edited by FauxVeritas
just adding stuff

3 hours ago, FauxVeritas said:

Super happy to have icons, my character pages going forward will have them 🙂 Just a quick thing in testing out uploads. I happened to by chance click on the nullify cavalry and noticed that it, flying and armor were all one number off of what they should be. 174,175 & 176 instead of 175,176 & 177 respectively. Not a big deal and I've changed them as well as uploaded their icons but as I'm not familiar with vlookup and a lot of the other things you mentioned i thought it might be a warning of other errors and I should tell you just in case.

Edit: upon further inspection it's wrong on the private sheet as well so maybe it's just that. Also if I could get the round combat arts icons and character sprites for each class I would add all those as well.

Ah, thanks for letting me know.

The icon ID is correct, but the graphic is wrong. I'm guessing the current image 174 (Nullify Infantry Effect?) doesn't exist. So 175 to 180 should be shuffled back by 1 each.

In any case, it doesn't matter too much, so long as it's correct now ^^

I  just uploaded the combat arts to the test page.

For class sprites, I can't remember where I put them, ahaha. You could try asking @tipperthescales

Edited by VincentASM

I don't know that I can help out regularly, but I can confirm that you can't recruit Leonie in chapter 12 if you don't get byleth and jeralt. Persuade Leonie still shows up, but if you use it, she shuts you down anyway and remains a green unit. Even if you keep her alive through the map, she seems to have a scripted death after a certain point, cause poison.

Weapons are now 97% complete - just need the stats from the last few legendaries. But every weapon in the game is now there (thank you, game, for letting us know how many of each type of weapon there are), the info should all be accurate, and it's all formatted the same.

For the blacksmith, I can confirm that the maximum possible forging level is +100 (+50 for might, +50 for durability) for every weapon. Once the blacksmith is maxed out, you get the following increase for each level:

+4 for the majority of "effective" weapons (Armorslayer, Horseslayer, Hammer, etc.)
+6 for all other E, D, and C rank weapons (Blessed Lance and Bow count as regular C-rank weapons)
+7 for B rank weapons
+8 for A rank weapons, Hero's Relics, Sacred Weapons, and other unique weapons (Shamshir, Ridill, Athame, Dahaka, Knight-Captain's Sword)

So, as an example, Areadbhar's base stats once unleashed are 170 might and 170 durability, so the maximum possible is 570 might and 570 durability (50 x +8 = +400 to each stat).

6 hours ago, Corran said:

I don't know that I can help out regularly, but I can confirm that you can't recruit Leonie in chapter 12 if you don't get byleth and jeralt. Persuade Leonie still shows up, but if you use it, she shuts you down anyway and remains a green unit. Even if you keep her alive through the map, she seems to have a scripted death after a certain point, cause poison.

Thank you for helping, even a little bit. Did you actually keep her alive the whole map? Dorothea in Golden Wildfire sounds very similar (she is a green unit, she gets poisoned, and you have to keep her alive with healing magic for the whole map until she escapes), and she joins after the chapter, not immediately when you use Persuade Dorothea.

Edited by Moonlit Knight

23 hours ago, fly2555 said:

Ooh, looking good. Huh, I wonder if some (or just one) of those files is a leftover from Three Houses...

14 hours ago, yaycupcake said:

Is there some reason that the wiki doesn't have a mass uploader? It's just running mediawiki right, so is there some reason an extension can't be added for that?

Uhhhh, I have absolutely no idea ^^;;

This is something Jyosua would need to do, because I don't have the technical knowledge or credentials. I did ask him a long time ago, but I can't remember where the discussions ended up. In any case, I've sent him another message.

7 hours ago, Terecenon said:

Hey, id be happy to help out. I'm not a data miner, but I play a lot and I can help where I can. 

Cheers. Oh no, you don't need to be a data-miner, haha. One or two of them is probably more than enough ^^

Sent you a PM anyway.

I found some interesting information but I wouldn't know where to put it on the wiki

HP tonics: the tea cup on a plate heals 25%, the science looking flask heals 50%, the tall cylinder jar heals 75%, and the round stubby looking cookie jar that is often times seen floating with the yellow heals 100%.

Warrior tonics: same as above

Awakening tonics: same values as above

Durability crystals: the small crystal that looks about the size of a person's head restores 25%, the crystal that looks the size of a person's torso/body restores 50%, the large crystal with two little ones by its side restores 75%  and the cluster that is very large and has two medium size ones attached on both sides restores 100%

The crystals restore fixed amounts regardless of your weapon's maximum Durability so those are essentially scaling as you get weapons with more dura. 

The tonics get improved when you have the appropriate ability equipped which is often times found in the trickster or calvary tree lines. (I think but I forgot the name of the ability)

Edited by Tediz64
More info

Weapon Attributes are pretty much done. Do we have any indication what 'slight,' 'moderate,' and 'greatly' mean for all these boosts? Inquisitive min-maxers would like to know.

Also started on Achievements. Was a bit hazy on where I obtained some of the Relics, and it appears that some of them can be obtained more than one way, so feel free to mention any errors. (Also weird how they missed some of the Relics for the achievements? Excluding Aymr and the Dark Creator sword is understandable; excluding Vajra-Mushti is not.)

Edited by Moonlit Knight

I was thinking, it may be useful to have a character availability chart, for which characters are available in which routes. I know the information is available on the recruitment page, but like, presenting info in different formats can be useful to some people.

Added battalions. Kinda haphazardly divided them. Wasn't quite sure where the "unique" battalions end.

12 minutes ago, yaycupcake said:

I was thinking, it may be useful to have a character availability chart, for which characters are available in which routes. I know the information is available on the recruitment page, but like, presenting info in different formats can be useful to some people.

Oh yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

Knowing who's in (or not in) a particular route could be a deal-breaker for some people xD

So I just whipped up a quick spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10PiiMk2Xvpmt7TkNjhpgomYf5s-vN1fINa3kmM0tblA/edit?usp=sharing

I can port this info onto the wiki as well... I was thinking it could have its own page, and be linked from the menu and the recruitment page?

edit: so I just set up the page: https://wiki.serenesforest.net/index.php/Recruitment_(Three_Hopes)/Availability

Feel free to make any edits as needed. I would have liked to use classes to style the css but I don't think I have the editing rights to edit sitewide CSS so I just did inline styles for now. Tried to pick colors that weren't too visually offensive.

Edited by yaycupcake

59 minutes ago, yaycupcake said:

So I just whipped up a quick spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10PiiMk2Xvpmt7TkNjhpgomYf5s-vN1fINa3kmM0tblA/edit?usp=sharing

I can port this info onto the wiki as well... I was thinking it could have its own page, and be linked from the menu and the recruitment page?

edit: so I just set up the page: https://wiki.serenesforest.net/index.php/Recruitment_(Three_Hopes)/Availability

Feel free to make any edits as needed. I would have liked to use classes to style the css but I don't think I have the editing rights to edit sitewide CSS so I just did inline styles for now. Tried to pick colors that weren't too visually offensive.

Lorenz, Raphael, Ignatz, and Marianne are recruitable on Azure Gleam. I've added them.

2 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Lorenz, Raphael, Ignatz, and Marianne are recruitable on Azure Gleam. I've added them.

Thanks! 👍 I guess I glossed over them on the list since they have different requirements.

The Gatekeeper isn't a post-game option, he unlocks early on in your third route of choice (the first or second chapter after the first timeskip, IIRC).

Also, each character has a "secret preferred class" that gives them unique skills that aren't listed in the class' description. For example, Shez's is Dark Knight. I figured I'd try training others up into their canon classes from Three Houses but Leonie as a Bow Knight got nothing and obviously it's difficult to max out EVERY class for EVERY character. I was hoping that had been datamined, but I guess not since it's not in the wiki. I hope that's helpful though, everyone!

P.S. This is super spoilery and I don't even have all the information myself (so don't want to be spoiled after), but I think there are a few NG+ exclusive paralogues, judging by the missing cutscenes in the event viewer

Spoiler

and the fact that I've unlocked at least one of them, not counting the Gatekeeper one, of course.

Edited by DefyingFates

12 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

The Gatekeeper isn't a post-game option, he unlocks early on in your third route of choice (the first or second chapter after the first timeskip, IIRC).

Standing theory is he unlocks once you've unlocked every other character at some point, which for Scarlet Blaze or Golden Wildfire players would be when Monica/Manuela or Holst joins during Chapter 4.

The only real way to test this for sure is if somebody does Azure Gleam as their third and final route, in which case they wouldn't get Gatekeeper until recruiting Catherine in Chapter 9. If he joins earlier than that, then we know it's something else.

I did Azure Gleam as my first route so it can't be me, haha.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Just now, Anomalocaris said:

Standing theory is he unlocks once you've unlocked every other character at some point, which for Scarlet Blaze or Golden Wildfire players would be when Monica/Manuela or Holst joins during Chapter 4.

Gatekeeper unlocked right after I got Holst (I did GW last) IIRC, so that may be right!

And yeah, hopefully someone out there is so deeply entrenched in Team Edelgard that they picked Dimiti's route last and can clear this up for us 🙂

Do you have to NG+ to get Gatekeeper? Or can you do three individual playthroughs without using NG+ to get him?

Feel free to change the terminology btw, I was just taking it from whatever the recruitment page says.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Also, each character has a "secret preferred class" that gives them unique skills that aren't listed in the class' description. For example, Shez's is Dark Knight. I figured I'd try training others up into their canon classes from Three Houses but Leonie as a Bow Knight got nothing and obviously it's difficult to max out EVERY class for EVERY character. I was hoping that had been datamined, but I guess not since it's not in the wiki. I hope that's helpful though, everyone!

Just  let everybody know, because I myself was dying to know, I already started experimenting with exp gains for classes and combat art/magic.

It seems to be fixed values. In reference to might, small CA/magic require about 10 uses to get to level 2 and I haven't hammered out the number to level 3. Then you get two discounts on durability with each level as you increase. Once I keep up my experiments ill report back on medium and large combat arts/magic. And as for class exp, it seems to be influenced by simply just showing up on the battlefield and the other factor is officer/captain kills. The more officers you kill, the more class exp you get. 

I'll come back and report my findings as I keep grinding. But from what I'm initially seeing, it's a fixed amount per officer/captain kill with almost no limit on how much exp you can get. I got an advance class to fill one up star and a half on just one battlefield littered with enemy officers and since I only deployed one person and they got all the kills, their class exp shot thru the roof. 

I will add, it's not nearly as grind heavy as before but this seems pretty ...I dunno easier? Like one battle per one star seems not so bad. It also helps since I was using the knowledge gem which I picked up from one survey spot. I picked a random side quest battle in a old chapter and it made grinding supports easier two. As the game said in its own tutorial, support gains are fixed to three events, kill an officer, unleash a dual special (even just hitting the air triggers the heart), and healing (if one unit is a magic enabled class and can cast it) are the only ways. Also you get a small amount for deploying on the same battlefield. So battles with 8 people limits are gonna make it easier and with food that can instantly fill your warrior gauge from the start you can gain those points pretty quickly.  We get three warrior gauges at max and since the yellow tonics are fixed values the flask and cylinder jars on battlefield will become the most valuable. 

All in all, this game has a way easier grind than the first FE Warriors which had so many mechanics hidden all secretly without us being told and values that had upper limits and caps. The one thing I can't stand is how the letter is the gauge. I have to turn my head sideways and guess at what value it is since it seems to fill up pretty slowly. Initially a battle plus two of those 3 objectives for building supports give roughly what appears to be about 15% of the letter getting filled up. I don't see diminishing returns as you work on rank B or A support.