Looking for volunteers for FE Warriors Three Hopes section

2 hours ago, Corran said:

The stuff I was reading on other sites didn't exactly apply to me, which is why I was curious. The unlocking all characters thing makes sense, because I've now done 2 scarlet blaze runs and just started chapter 5 of my golden wildfire run, and that's what people say unlock him. If it's all characters, then i won't get him until I finish golden wildfire and start azure gleam. I'll keep an eye out for him to see if I can help confirm. Thanks!

If you do, can you confirm for us what chapter he unlocks for you?

Azure Gleam's final route-exclusive character (Catherine) doesn't join until Chapter 9, so assuming you recruited everybody else at some point you'd get Gatekeeper after Chapter 9 if our theory is correct.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Azure Gleam's final route-exclusive character (Catherine) doesn't join until Chapter 9, so assuming you recruited everybody else at some point you'd get Gatekeeper after Chapter 9 if our theory is correct.

Huh. That's a good point about Catherine. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I got Gatekeeper pretty early into AG, and I did Azure Gleam last. If our theory about having to unlock all the other characters was correct, yeah, I shouldn't have unlocked him until chapter 9, but I'm pretty sure I got him earlier than that.

3 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

I will definitely keep an eye out and report back! If the requirement is just that you do two different routes, then chapter 5 makes sense, because that's when the gatekeeper shows up(since he is at garreg mach before that point, at least from what I've seen in Scarlet Blaze and Golden Wildfire.) 

Edited by Corran

Ooh, sounds promising.

I'm in the middle of a hacked playthrough and could probably test some case scenarios soon. So far I haven't recruited any of the Ashen Wolves or Byleth/Jeralt. Currently on Chapter 12 of the first route after 1~2 hours, but the other two routes should be quicker with Vanguard Whistles.

Started testing the growth boosts from battle suggestions.

After disabling character and class growths, the Magic one seems to be a +10% random boost, after doing ~3000 level ups (well, 29 lots of Level 1 -> 99). I'm assuming it just adds on top of the class growths, but I'll have to renable those to confirm.

Edited by VincentASM

For the abilities that are listed for each character's learnset, what differentiates an 'innate' ability from the others? I've noticed that each character has one ability listed as innate on the wiki, but what exactly does that mean?

Edited by ZanaLyrander

15 minutes ago, ZanaLyrander said:

For the abilities that are listed for each character's learnset, what differentiates an 'innate' ability from the others? I've noticed that each character has one ability listed as innate on the wiki, but what exactly does that mean?

Everyone has a "secret" class that gives them a bonus skill when they master it (the Innate Ability). There's a list of them on the last page. For example, Shez's Innate Ability comes from maxing out the

Spoiler

Dark Knight

class.

Just now, DefyingFates said:

Everyone has a "secret" class that gives them a bonus skill when they master it (the Innate Ability). There's a list of them on the last page. For example, Shez's Innate Ability comes from maxing out the

Hide contents

Dark Knight

class.

Okay, I'm just confused by how that's different from a normal ability. Ability lists are different for each character anyway, so what abilities you get for mastering a given class already vary from character to character.

10 minutes ago, ZanaLyrander said:

Okay, I'm just confused by how that's different from a normal ability. Ability lists are different for each character anyway, so what abilities you get for mastering a given class already vary from character to character.

The innate ability isn't listed in-game until you unlock it (and you can't get them anywhere else, IIRC), hence the value in having a list of them on the wiki. Here's the doc with all of them, by the way. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m4xHogOjhfdRYywACT-ZHuexdiskAkPSE45soei5zeQ/edit#gid=799705206

- Weapon stats are finished except I need to add training weapons back in now that we know that they are actually obtainable

- Weapon attributes should be complete now in terms of game descriptions (I know there is ongoing experimentation to understand what "slight," "moderately," and "greatly" actually mean).

-I also put a big dent in the achievements (including some notes on things like where to obtain the relics)

Trying to estimate how long it takes to pass down arts/spells to adjutants.

Even with perfect conditions (infinite use arts/spells), it's painful.

A support seems OK. About less than 1 min on average of non-stop art/spell spam.

B currently averages 3.5 mins of non-stop spam, but I need more samples.

Likewise, C needs more samples, but is around 5.5 mins of non-stop spam so far.

Of course, in a real situation, you can't spam arts/spells for anywhere close to 1 min...

23 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Trying to estimate how long it takes to pass down arts/spells to adjutants.

Even with perfect conditions (infinite use arts/spells), it's painful.

A support seems OK. About less than 1 min on average of non-stop art/spell spam.

B currently averages 3.5 mins of non-stop spam, but I need more samples.

Likewise, C needs more samples, but is around 5.5 mins of non-stop spam so far.

Of course, in a real situation, you can't spam arts/spells for anywhere close to 1 min...

It seems really inconsistent. At C rank, I tried to teach two different combat arts to two different people, by spamming that combat art constantly throughout a mission. For one, they learned it on the very first run. For the other, it took like seven runs. So I have to assume there's some large element of random chance involved, it certainly doesn't seem consistent.

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

I should probably rework the tutelage section to list who can pass down which arts/spells, now that we know it seems to be a character-by-character basis.

From the 4 characters I looked at (Shez, Lysithea, Marianne and Holst), it seems to be arts/spells learned in their preferred classes?

However, there's a little snag. Anyone with a preferred class in, say, Warrior or Wyvern Lord can't pass their art down because everyone learns the same art in those classes. That's why Hilda only gets 1 teachable art...

49 minutes ago, ZanaLyrander said:

It seems really inconsistent. At C rank, I tried to teach two different combat arts to two different people, by spamming that combat art constantly throughout a mission. For one, they learned it on the very first run. For the other, it took like seven runs. So I have to assume there's some large element of random chance involved, it certainly doesn't seem consistent.

It seems massively random.

I didn't record it (I thought I did), but one time I learned the spell on the very first cast with C support.

Edited by VincentASM

11 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

From the 4 characters I looked at (Shez, Lysithea, Marianne and Holst), it seems to be arts/spells learned in their preferred classes?

However, there's a little snag. Anyone with a preferred class in, say, Warrior or Wyvern Lord can't pass their art down because everyone learns the same art in those classes. That's why Hilda only gets 1 teachable art...

Yeah, I'm noticing that too.

Well, still good to know which units can teach them.

13 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Hmm, that would explain it. I wondered why Shez could teach Dark Spikes, but not Luna. It's because they learn Dark Spikes from Asura rather than the tome classes.

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

On the topic of combat arts and spells, if anybody knows the durability costs at levels 1, 2, and 3 for each one, that'd be useful to have. I only have a scant few listed.

Oh yeah, I updated the sheet sorta recently.

Did more testing and A support art/spell tutelage seems to have around 10% success rate.

B and C need more samples, but I think they're around 5% and 1%. Hopefully C is higher, but I don't have high hopes...

4 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Did more testing and A support art/spell tutelage seems to have around 10% success rate.

B and C need more samples, but I think they're around 5% and 1%. Hopefully C is higher, but I don't have high hopes...

Thanks, that's good to know.

14 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Yeah, I'm noticing that too.

Well, still good to know which units can teach them.

I made a sheet with a list. Hopefully it looks right.

I noticed those in the Brawler line can teach all of their arts. Presumably so females can learn them.

15 hours ago, VincentASM said:

God, that sounds about right given my experience with trying to teach people at C rank support. Which really sucks given how often that's your only option because the character you're trying to teach can't learn the combat art/spell from anyone they can achieve higher than C rank support with... guess I'll just be here, trying to have Dorothea teach Annette Agnea's Arrow, for however long that may take. 😭

51 minutes ago, ZanaLyrander said:

God, that sounds about right given my experience with trying to teach people at C rank support. Which really sucks given how often that's your only option because the character you're trying to teach can't learn the combat art/spell from anyone they can achieve higher than C rank support with... guess I'll just be here, trying to have Dorothea teach Annette Agnea's Arrow, for however long that may take. 😭

It's worse than I thought. Might be closer to 0.4% for C support.

That would align it with 1/256. Which would make a lot of sense, in terms of programming (256 is the max value in hexadecimal).

B seems to be 3% (459 samples) while A has decreased to around 7.5% (210 samples).

2 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

It's worse than I thought. Might be closer to 0.4% for C support.

That would align it with 1/256. Which would make a lot of sense, in terms of programming (256 is the max value in hexadecimal).

B seems to be 3% (459 samples) while A has decreased to around 7.5% (210 samples).

Ugh. Being able to teach combat arts and spells to an adjutant is such a good idea, but they put so many conditions on it and made the process so painful that it saps any goodwill I had from the feature. You had a great idea KT, shame you worked so hard to spoil it...

I actually had my first adjutant tutelage occur yesterday. Shez taught Dark Spikes Tau to Marianne.

On the first use. Guess I got lucky.

On the subject of dark magic, can anybody actually learn Quake Sigma, or is it still exclusive to Thales?

Edited by Anomalocaris

1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

I actually had my first adjutant tutelage occur yesterday. Shez taught Dark Spikes Tau to Marianne.

On the first use. Guess I got lucky.

On the subject of dark magic, can anybody actually learn Quake Sigma, or is it still exclusive to Thales?

Still exclusive to Thales as far as I know. Makes me wonder if he'll be a DLC postgame character. It'd be cool to be able to teach that to Shez.