Genealogy Musou Spin-Off?

As I was playing Three Hopes' demo and watching reviews for the game, I had this stray thought of "man, Sigurd would be so fun to play as in a Warriors game!" and it spun off into this idea. 

KT and IntSys clearly have a great working relationship, partnering on three games now, two of which were Warriors games that seem to have been or will be well received, and possibly a fourth game, assuming the leaks are true. All of this got me thinking, if/when we get a Genealogy remake, do y'all think we'll a Genealogy Warriors/Musou spin-off not too far after? Even more than Fodlan, Jugdral is a continent where Holy Blood runs deep and runs powerfully; there are very few other places in the Fire Emblem franchise where I can think of one person taking on entire armies fits better - as seemingly happens in the lore with Sigurd. 

This could also fit something of a pattern going forward, with IntSys alternating between remakes, original mainline games, and Warriors spin-offs. And TMS 2 please IntSys! And other creative spin-offs!

Now, what would this story be about? I have no idea. It could be about anything from being Thracia 776's remake (unlikely, but not impossible) to an alternate world where Seliph goes back in time and tries to stop Arvis' plans ala Awakening (fun, but maybe a little too fanfiction-y) to simply being an alternate story ala Three Hopes where Arvis doesn't marry who he does, and instead finds someone else to marry, which changes the whole outcome of the war and the world. (Most likely, but this is also Three Hopes' influence on me.) 

I know, I know, many people would still prefer a Warriors 2. I'd like a Warriors 2 as well, and frankly think that the better the Fire Emblem Warriors games do, the more likely we'll get a true FEW 2. 

For now, it's just an idea based on a thought. But what do y'all think?

EDIT: For an idea of a timeline - which will almost certainly be out of date and incorrect by the end of next week and assuming the rumors are true - I'd say: 

June 2022: Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

December 2022: New Mainline FE (Fire Emblem Engage?)

June/July 2023: Fire Emblem Echoes: Genealogy of the Holy War (or something like that) Thracia 776 DLC/Expansion sold separately ala Torna the Golden Country

June 2024/2025: Fire Emblem Warriors: Genealogy of the Holy War

2026: New Mainline game. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

At this point? Wouldn't be surprised if the FE4 remake was a Warriors game straight out. But I think that partnership is going to continue on a trend of New Game > Warriors sequel while remakes remain their own thing on the side. Having all the assets in a Warriors engine ready to use is such a big advantage. It actually gels well with the older eras of fire emblem where each game got a prequel, sequel, or midquel. But yeah you can totally write a musou game plot on a napkin. Mysterious orphan rescued by Seliph's army, Isekais all of them twenty years into the past. Golden route achieved. 

I understand fans wanting them to redo FE Warriors with a broader crossover game that isn't just 3DS era with older generation cameos, but my expectation for why not is simply that nobody at KT cares about those older games. To them, Tharja is such a bigger addition than someone like Sigurd. 

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

13 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

my expectation for why not is simply that nobody at KT cares about those older games. To them, Tharja is such a bigger addition than someone like Sigurd. 

despite how much i'd love to play as my favorite FE characters in an action-like system for the first time, what you said (and what they did to Lyn an Celica in FEW) is exactly why i don't even want them to make a FE Warriors game with old FE characters anymore

to put it simply: "if they don't care enough about them, then it's only right that they don't even make an effort and represent them properly to begin with, becuase the result would most likely deeply disappoint me"

5 hours ago, Yexin said:

despite how much i'd love to play as my favorite FE characters in an action-like system for the first time, what you said (and what they did to Lyn an Celica in FEW) is exactly why i don't even want them to make a FE Warriors game with old FE characters anymore

to put it simply: "if they don't care enough about them, then it's only right that they don't even make an effort and represent them properly to begin with, becuase the result would most likely deeply disappoint me"

Isn't that a "all-star cast crossover" problem though, and not a "remake extra story" problem? Why wouldn't KT and IntSys care about a Warriors game focused exclusively on a Genealogy remake's story and characters?

As much as would love to have an FE4 warriors game, I don't really want them to be making it right now. Or for a while really. I think they will probably take a few years before revisiting warriors. And before they would think of doing a Jugdural Warriors game, they would probably want to remake FE4. If the rumors of a new original game are correct, then I don't think we'll get an FE4 remake for a good while. And all of this kind of assumes that FE4 is next. I do think it's probably the best candidate for a remake, but FE6 and FE9 could really use a remake too. 

1 hour ago, Tuvo said:

As much as would love to have an FE4 warriors game, I don't really want them to be making it right now. Or for a while really. I think they will probably take a few years before revisiting warriors. And before they would think of doing a Jugdural Warriors game, they would probably want to remake FE4. If the rumors of a new original game are correct, then I don't think we'll get an FE4 remake for a good while.

Absolutely. I was thinking that a Warriors Spin-off would come out after a Genealogy remake and a potential Thracia remake/expansion, not unlike how Three Hopes came out after Three Houses. As for a timeline thing, it really depends on if/when a Genealogy remake is going to happen. If the rumors about a new mainline game and a Genealogy remake following it are true (which there's clearly no guarantee of at this time), then I'd put this Warriors game in late 2024 at the very earliest, with a more likely timeframe of 2025.* That feels far enough away from Three Hopes to have some breathing space but also close enough for a spin-off to be remembered and desired again. 

1 hour ago, Tuvo said:

FE6 and FE9 could really use a remake too. 

They definitely could, but FE6 really just needs a port in the meantime IMO. The GBA games have held up quite well in terms of graphics, gameplay (in concept), and music. Besides, a 25th anniversary remake could happen in 2027, which is the next best time for one if 2022 isn't getting a remake of the game IMO. (In that five years, I think at least two games in a mainline game and a remake, alongside a warriors spin-off could fill the time quite well. There's the possibility of squeezing in a third mainline game, but that'd be ambitious.*)

FE9 needs a remaster before it's remade IMO. I do think it needs a remake, but I'd rather have both Tellius games be remade at the same time, and neither deserve or need to be remade before Genealogy and FE 6 - games that never even made it to the West - are remade. 

*I'm thinking that if the Nate the Hate (who Emily Rogers vouched for) is accurate in his speculation, then: 

Winter 2022 - FE 17 (FEW and SoV came out the same year in 2017)

Summer 2023 - Genealogy Remake + Thracia expansion

Winter 2024/ Spring 2025 - Genealogy Warriors 

Summer 2026 - New Mainlne FE (if one is really ambitious)

Summer 2027 - 6(/7) Remake

Alternatively, if the new game doesn't come out until next year, then I could see it being something like:

Spring 2023 - FE 17 

Summer 2024 - Genealogy Remake + Thracia expansion

Summer 2025 - Genealogy Warriors 

Summer 2026 - New Mainline FE (if one is really ambitious) 

Summer 2027 - 6(/7) Remake