What if Fire Emblem 4 were adapted for the screen ?

JungleGoutte01

Fire Emblem 4 is a great game, so I wonder what would a screen adaptation be like (either live action or animated)

Personally, I'd love an animated adaptation because you can do so much things. For the animation I think it should be 3d animated ( yes I know Berserk wasn't done so well) because of motion capture and other things that made series like "Star Wars The Clone Wars" visualy great. So I wouldn't mind if a western studio did the animation (Castlevania is a proof that a western studio can produce a great series).

If I had to choose a studio to produce a Fire Emblem 4 adaptation, I'd pick Lucasfilm Animation ( the guys tha made The Clone Wars)

So here is a fan made concept of what a Fire Emblem 4 animated series could look like ( it's just for fun):

Fire Emblem : Scions of Light

Aired on: Disney+

Production : Nintendo, Lucasfilm Ltd

Animation : Lucasfilm Animation

Weapon advisor : Ray Park 

Scenario : Dave Filoni, Shouzo Kaga (original story)

Music : Kevin Kiner, Yuka Tsujiyoko (Original themes)

Voice cast :

Sigurd : Grant George

Deirdre : Erica Mendez

Arvis : Xander Mobus

Manfroy : Sam Witwer 

Narrator : Ian McDiarmid

This was a little concept for an animated Fire Emblem 4 series. I don't have ideas for a live action one.

Let me know what you think.

5 hours ago, JungleGoutte01 said:

Weapon advisor : Ray Park 

Scenario : Dave Filoni, Shouzo Kaga (original story)

I wouldn't expect to get that lucky.

Sigurd : Grant George

Deirdre : Erica Mendez

Arvis : Xander Mobus

I don't necessarily expect them to keep cast continuity either, but it'd be more likely from Disney than Illumination that's for sure.

Personally, I'd love an animated adaptation because you can do so much things. For the animation I think it should be 3d animated ( yes I know Berserk wasn't done so well) because of motion capture and other things that made series like "Star Wars The Clone Wars" visualy great. So I wouldn't mind if a western studio did the animation (Castlevania is a proof that a western studio can produce a great series).

If I had to choose a studio to produce a Fire Emblem 4 adaptation, I'd pick Lucasfilm Animation ( the guys tha made The Clone Wars)

So, there's a couple of things.

Genealogy is one of those I could see getting made into a film on it's own (admittedly focused solely on Sigurd's part of the journey) as the barebones plot probably could be made fit imo. I'm not saying do that, far from it.

I'd comment more on the 3D animation of Clone Wars but I haven't seen the recent seasons yet so I'll hold off commenting there. It is much more widespread now though and can definitely be made work, but stylistically I don't think I'd be on board with it sharing a similar style with TCW.

So for Gen 1 it is pretty easy to structure episodes and it's simple enough that I think a 22 episode series could cover the lot and still see non-main characters interact as well. Now, the second gen would be more difficult to do this with (I think at that point at least 2 seasons and add Thracia stuff alongside an extended ending with other conflicts resolved) and of course there's the potential difficulties in dealing with pairings for that too, but the show could just use the substitutes. (And would they call season 2 Scions of Light? Feels more apt.)

6 hours ago, JungleGoutte01 said:

Narrator : Ian McDiarmid

Not gonna lie I'd prefer him to be Manfroy 😛

He can still be narrator too, even if it's only for Gen 1.

While the idea of a Geneaology movie is fantastic on paper, in practice it's virtually impossible. You'd have to have Kaga himself or someone extremely dedicated to being faithful to recreate the story the right way, none of which Intelligent Systems seems to have at the moment. Moreover, I don't want the Disney/Lucasfilm of today getting anywhere near it after what they've done to other beloved franchises. At least, though, a film studio might be able to get actually good voice actors for the characters though. 🙂

• 1 month later...

Here are my ideas for a live action cast for Fire Emblem 4 :

Sigurd : Karl Urban

Quan : Charlie Cox

Finn : Tom Holland

Seliph : Asa Butterfield

Oifey : Dominic Monaghan

Arvis : Hayden Christensen

Manfroy : Anthony Hopkins

Lewyn : Tom Hardy

Shannan : Hiroyuki Sanada

Kurth : Jude Law