Three Hopes General Discussion Thread

I suspect Count Bergliez is probably a lock for the DLC candidates. His absence from the roster is already a little odd, and its clear the devs had some ideas for the character. 

The Count seems ideal for the usual Koei DLC stage about some wacko gathering all the land's champions for a battle royal to see who's strongest. 

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else noticed that Sothis and Arval use time and space respectively (or am I incredibly late with that realization)? Really makes you wonder,

about Epimenides, to have magic that puts him at Sothis' level. Boy I wish those two had a conversation together, say, if they hijacked their vessel's bodies at the same time. The conversation between Arval and Epimenides also needed to have more answers.

Edited by Aedan7479

22 minutes ago, Aedan7479 said:

Has anyone else noticed that Sothis and Arval use time and space respectively (or am I incredibly late with that realization)? Really makes you wonder,

I noticed it immediately. I once saw someone claim that, early in Three Houses' development, one reason Edelgard had the Crest of Flames was that it would enable her to manipulate space much like Byleth could manipulate time, but it was scrapped. If that claim is true, then Arval being able to manipulate space would be a clever recycling of that scrapped concept.

Just finished Golden Wildfire, I have a few thoughts but one thing has stuck in my mind about it:

Spoiler

Is the church really that xenophobic? Claude is very adamant about removing Rhea and the Central Church because he believes that it keeps Fodlan locked away from interaction with the outside world, but I can't recall any actual teachings or actions from the church itself that preach xenophobia to such an extent. Rhea and those just below her like Seteth in particular never showcase extreme xenophobia and in fact allows multiple people from outside the region into the church like Shamir and Petra, and Cyril in particular she actually saved from a worse situation and he looks up to her. If anything, the xenophobia is more a product of geopolitical issues such as the constant invasions from Sreng due to the lack of resources or the mutual disdain Almyra and Fodlan share with each other, not because the church itself preaches such mantra.

The only thing I can really think of is the stagnation that the church unwittingly causes through its teachings, but that issue is also more ingrained in the make-up of Fodlan. Uprooting the problem would take more than dismantling the church, it'd require more of an upheaval to the system entirely so it's still short-sighted.  

4 hours ago, Medeus said:

Just finished Golden Wildfire, I have a few thoughts but one thing has stuck in my mind about it:

Hide contents

Is the church really that xenophobic? Claude is very adamant about removing Rhea and the Central Church because he believes that it keeps Fodlan locked away from interaction with the outside world, but I can't recall any actual teachings or actions from the church itself that preach xenophobia to such an extent. Rhea and those just below her like Seteth in particular never showcase extreme xenophobia and in fact allows multiple people from outside the region into the church like Shamir and Petra, and Cyril in particular she actually saved from a worse situation and he looks up to her. If anything, the xenophobia is more a product of geopolitical issues such as the constant invasions from Sreng due to the lack of resources or the mutual disdain Almyra and Fodlan share with each other, not because the church itself preaches such mantra.

The only thing I can really think of is the stagnation that the church unwittingly causes through its teachings, but that issue is also more ingrained in the make-up of Fodlan. Uprooting the problem would take more than dismantling the church, it'd require more of an upheaval to the system entirely so it's still short-sighted.  

I don't think Rhea and by extension the church in itself are xenophobic but due to the nature of how religious practitioners tend to shun people who practice a different denomination, it can be assumed Claude wants to get rid of the church because it is an obstacle to the people becoming more open minded toward other cultures and practices. He remarks on golden deer playthru that ties between them are possible and that you (Byleth) and him are proof of that. 

In 3 Houses, we hear from Hilda and a few others that they think of Almyrians are barbaric savages and in Cyril's support conversations with Byleth (if I'm not mistaken) this is confirmed that they can be rough around the edges but mean well since they always go back and drink to celebrate fighting hard (although Cyril says its a stupid way of life). We also know from Petra's supports that her people (Brigid) and quite possibly Dagda practice a religion/culture that is the equivalent of our real world Taoism. They believe in spirits governing the world and offer their blessings. Shamir also in one chapter remarked on how she found Fodlan to be a weird place for a variety of reasons and says the outside world is nothing like it. I was going to reference Ingrid and her phobia of people from Duscur but since I vaguely recall it don't quote me on this tidbit. Her phobia stems from the Duscur tragedy and how she lost someone she loves so she hates them all (or more aptly put, can't forgive them). And from her supports and the blue lions story POV, it is implied that many people from the kingdom feel that way. I know the church had no hand in that but it goes to show how easy it is for people to make up their mind about another group when their is a difference only between what region you were born in. Also recall the minor quests that seemingly only existed to give some weapons and gold. I forgot what chapter it was in 3 Houses but Seteth inside the church tasks you with gathering intel. You talk to a generic npc student outside the great hall by the classrooms and student says the many nobles don't take kindly to foreigners being in their land and to be warned of who you get friendly with. The mini quest was call Dissidents (something) and was actually supposed to flesh out the idea that people from Fodlan don't like others for whatever reason. 

With that all being said, Claude may just want to remove them since he believes that practicing the church of seiros way is going to stop people from accepting others based off the religion or culture. It seems like a pretty odd perspective but there is some merit to it.

If you really want to dig even deeper into it I'd also like to reference the books in the hidden library (that Claude may or may not know of) in the underground but we as the player can read into and come up with our own assessment of the church and its true nature. One book presents information on how the church proactively stepped in and stopped any further usage and research on a "black flammable liquid" (presumably oil) and cited reasons that it would be too powerful in the wrong hands because of it's explosive properties and could cause turmoil in an attempt gather such a valuable resource between nations. Another book references how the technology and advancement of the printing press became available but they outlawed it and cited the reasons as it would make it too easy to produce literature/books that could undermine the church's power and authority. We as the player can easily reach the conclusion that the church is stifling advancement for the sake of keeping its religious followers in line and it is possible Claude's intuition is telling him the Church is bad even if he is unaware of all those books under the Abyss library.

Edit: This is super important and i totally forgot about it

I forgot to add the church also controls information which in itself can be seen as bad. One generic npc located in 2nd floor library comments on how Seteth often comes to destroys books not allowed by church and deletes things. It was in Part 1 but i forgot which chapter. One book in the underground Abyss library also had Seteth's signature after he deleted all the content by ripping the pages out. In part 1 of 3 Houses Claude grabbed a page from a book that had a picture of the Immaculate One and Seteth caught him and confiscated it. He also interrogated him on how he got it and Claude revealed how Solon (disguised as Thomas the librarian) gave it to him. We as the player may have the luxury to amass all this info and easily conclude the church is in fact devious in how it controls the world, but Claude was depicted to be a person who could read the room figuratively speaking. He was depicted to be clever and he may have just naturely picked up bad vibes from the church after running around asking questions and investigating.  

Edited by Tediz64

While the church isn’t the big bad of this world, part 1 of 3H makes it pretty clear they are, at best, SHADY AS FUCK.

Almost half of part one is literally being the church’s death squad. With child soldiers.

TWISTED is worse of course. They have no redeeming quality whereas the Church can be seen as a pillar of stability and is doing good deeds with stuff like orphanages etc. But it’s no surprise someone as Claude, which is arguably presented as someone with a progressive mind, would at list try to limit the Church’s influence, if not outright dismantle it, or at least strip it from all power.

On 7/2/2022 at 2:01 AM, CompteSecours said:

Hmm, I did Blion and I'm at Deer chapter 6 and for now it has the same maps (just not in the same order).

In Three Houses, yes, the first part is more or less identical in all routes, and all the non-Edelgard routes are still very similar after that.

In Three Hopes,

Spoiler

the story is roughly equivalent between the three routes (with the player just observing things from a different perspective) up until the final timeskip (Ch. 8-10 depending on the route), at which point Azure Gleam takes a HARD left turn away from the stories of the other two.

Edited by Moonlit Knight

So, has anyone found an issue with only certain characters can teach others things? Such as it seems highly difficult to have Monica teach Jeritza meteor, with some claiming that she can't teach him it however Dorothea seems to have a higher rate of teaching him it. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Edited by ciphertul

7 hours ago, Tediz64 said:

I don't think Rhea and by extension the church in itself are xenophobic but due to the nature of how religious practitioners tend to shun people who practice a different denomination, it can be assumed Claude wants to get rid of the church because it is an obstacle to the people becoming more open minded toward other cultures and practices. He remarks on golden deer playthru that ties between them are possible and that you (Byleth) and him are proof of that. 

I feel the problem with that point is that very few if any of the actual religious practitioners in game, especially in Garreg Mach, actually shun people of different faiths. In fact, Rhea and the Central Church are welcoming as Catherine flat out says Rhea told her she can't shun someone who doesn't believe in the goddess and there's other comments and text that show the same. If the church is an obstacle to people being open minded to other cultures, it's not really reflecting that, if anything it constantly shows the opposite considering Garreg Mach had people of different cultures running around and there's little conflict or issues presented between them and the denomination.

In 3 Houses, we hear from Hilda and a few others that they think of Almyrians are barbaric savages and in Cyril's support conversations with Byleth (if I'm not mistaken) this is confirmed that they can be rough around the edges but mean well since they always go back and drink to celebrate fighting hard (although Cyril says its a stupid way of life). We also know from Petra's supports that her people (Brigid) and quite possibly Dagda practice a religion/culture that is the equivalent of our real world Taoism. They believe in spirits governing the world and offer their blessings. Shamir also in one chapter remarked on how she found Fodlan to be a weird place for a variety of reasons and says the outside world is nothing like it. I was going to reference Ingrid and her phobia of people from Duscur but since I vaguely recall it don't quote me on this tidbit. Her phobia stems from the Duscur tragedy and how she lost someone she loves so she hates them all (or more aptly put, can't forgive them). And from her supports and the blue lions story POV, it is implied that many people from the kingdom feel that way. I know the church had no hand in that but it goes to show how easy it is for people to make up their mind about another group when their is a difference only between what region you were born in. Also recall the minor quests that seemingly only existed to give some weapons and gold. I forgot what chapter it was in 3 Houses but Seteth inside the church tasks you with gathering intel. You talk to a generic npc student outside the great hall by the classrooms and student says the many nobles don't take kindly to foreigners being in their land and to be warned of who you get friendly with. The mini quest was call Dissidents (something) and was actually supposed to flesh out the idea that people from Fodlan don't like others for whatever reason. 

Again though, this is geopolitical. Hilda thinks lowly of Almyrians because they constantly invade the Throat, her brother is always fighting them, and they break treaties, so she feels they're a bunch of brutes because that's all she hears about them, and the same is said of other NPCs and characters in both games. Similarly, Ingrid's and the other's issue with the people of Duscar are that they're believed to have been involved in the tragedy, nothing about their religion is stated. Finally, despite you bringing up the different belief systems of those like Petra and Shamir, none of them say they encountered harsh treatment for their beliefs and in fact in Shamir's support with Catherine the latter doesn't force her to abandon her beliefs because of what Rhea says. 

Religion is never stated to be the issue blocking people of other countries, but rather xenophobia born of their own mindsets along with the circumstances around their contact with them. With the way the story presents the issue of country relations, it's not a problem with the Central Church.

If you really want to dig even deeper into it I'd also like to reference the books in the hidden library (that Claude may or may not know of) in the underground but we as the player can read into and come up with our own assessment of the church and its true nature. One book presents information on how the church proactively stepped in and stopped any further usage and research on a "black flammable liquid" (presumably oil) and cited reasons that it would be too powerful in the wrong hands because of it's explosive properties and could cause turmoil in an attempt gather such a valuable resource between nations. Another book references how the technology and advancement of the printing press became available but they outlawed it and cited the reasons as it would make it too easy to produce literature/books that could undermine the church's power and authority. We as the player can easily reach the conclusion that the church is stifling advancement for the sake of keeping its religious followers in line and it is possible Claude's intuition is telling him the Church is bad even if he is unaware of all those books under the Abyss library.

Edit: This is super important and i totally forgot about it

I forgot to add the church also controls information which in itself can be seen as bad. One generic npc located in 2nd floor library comments on how Seteth often comes to destroys books not allowed by church and deletes things. It was in Part 1 but i forgot which chapter. One book in the underground Abyss library also had Seteth's signature after he deleted all the content by ripping the pages out. In part 1 of 3 Houses Claude grabbed a page from a book that had a picture of the Immaculate One and Seteth caught him and confiscated it. He also interrogated him on how he got it and Claude revealed how Solon (disguised as Thomas the librarian) gave it to him. We as the player may have the luxury to amass all this info and easily conclude the church is in fact devious in how it controls the world, but Claude was depicted to be a person who could read the room figuratively speaking. He was depicted to be clever and he may have just naturely picked up bad vibes from the church after running around asking questions and investigating. 

Again, none of this plays into Xenophobia or country relations. It is true the church monitors the flow of information and advancement, but those issues are not what prevents Fodlan from getting into contact with other cultures. In fact, considering we never see the church stop any information about countries like Almyra or Sreng from being shared around the monastery or that those countries have any noted technological advancements themselves they likely are not subject to any of the problems presented with this. Additionally, even if it did Claude shouldn't have access to the Abyss library as he's not around long enough in Garrag Mach to learn about them, so we can't rely on Claude reading that book to reach the conclusion.

In short, I feel my problem is that Golden Wildfire is trying to place the blame on the Central Church and almost exclusively the Central Church when looking at the situation, it's much more complicated than that. Much of the xenophobia comes from geopolitical issues like the constant invasions, lack of resources, and mutual hatred rather than anything they themselves do. Claude coming to the conclusion he does in GW doesn't seem very supported and is honestly kind of strange considering he himself should be aware of why there's such disdain between Fodlan and Almyra considering he's been on both sides of the Throat and has seen the invasions first hand. 

Edited by Medeus

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The dark Bishop class has this follow up attack where they summon a large purplish swamp after most attacks. What does this do exactly? It doesn't seem to cause any damage to surrounding enemies. 

While slow, it will paralyze enemies after hitting them for a bit.

51 minutes ago, Medeus said:

In short, I feel my problem is that Golden Wildfire is trying to place the blame on the Central Church and almost exclusively the Central Church when looking at the situation, it's much more complicated than that. Much of the xenophobia comes from geopolitical issues like the constant invasions, lack of resources, and mutual hatred rather than anything they themselves do. Claude coming to the conclusion he does in GW doesn't seem very supported and is honestly kind of strange considering he himself should be aware of why there's such disdain between Fodlan and Almyra considering he's been on both sides of the Throat and has seen the invasions first hand. 

Claude blamed the Church in Verdant Wind too. Like, this isn't something Three Hopes invented, it's a consistent trait between games. Lorenz also argued that opening the borders was against the Seiros Tenents, but Claude planned on installing Byleth as Archbishop to change the doctrine.

Spoiler

Also, Claude says to Dimitri that the Church is responsible for bad relations with Albinea and Sreng, and Dimitri doesn't deny it. If the intent was for Claude to be wrong, you'd think they wouldn't have other characters more versed in the Seiros faith agree with him.

1 hour ago, Shotguner159 said:

Claude blamed the Church in Verdant Wind too. Like, this isn't something Three Hopes invented, it's a consistent trait between games. Lorenz also argued that opening the borders was against the Seiros Tenents, but Claude planned on installing Byleth as Archbishop to change the doctrine.

Hide contents

Also, Claude says to Dimitri that the Church is responsible for bad relations with Albinea and Sreng, and Dimitri doesn't deny it. If the intent was for Claude to be wrong, you'd think they wouldn't have other characters more versed in the Seiros faith agree with him.

Fair enough, but it doesn't change my issue, particularly since getting rid of the Church is much more of a motivator for Claude in Three Hopes.

Spoiler

Which is 'Show, don't Tell', maybe even worse as we're 'told' different things. Claude says that they're responsible and Dimitri doesn't dismiss it, but every detail we know about their relationship with Albinea and Sreng is all down to geopolitical problems. Sreng in particular we know they invade because they lack resources to survive and invading the Kingdom is their best chance to get those resources, in turn the Kingdom itself doesn't have the largest surplus of resources so they're forced to push them back and not negotiate any further as they're limited in what they can do. Nothing about that situation seems to fall on the Church's feet, and if you removed the Church from the situation nothing changes as Sreng is going to still invade for those resources and the Kingdom is still going to defend them.

That's really the problem here: Claude, especially in Three Hopes, is trying to focus down the Church for its role in the poor country relationships Fodlan has, but the majority of background details on each of those countries show a far more nuanced issue at play. Without the Church Almyra is still going to invade as they have a culture of doing so, Sreng is still going to invade because they need those resources to survive, Brigid may actually be worse off as Petra in GW says they rely on them and the Empire and worries what losing them will mean for her country, and so on. For as much as it's presented as the solution it's contradicted by the game's own lore, and that hurts Claude's motivations here as it makes his conclusion feel more like a rotten band-aid slapped onto a festering wound. 

Edited by Medeus

So, here's something interesting in Scarlet Blaze:

Thanks to a back up save, I beat Scarlet Blaze both with and without recruiting Byleth, and it actually had a significant change. If you don't recruit Byleth and kill Jeralt, Byleth will team up with Leister to back stab the Empire, making you fight both the Alliance and Kingdom in Chapter 14, but if you recruit Byleth and Jeralt, the Alliance stays allied to the Empire, so you only fight the kingdom in Chapter 14. This slightly changes the ending as well, if the Alliance betrays you, it says 'the war will continue for years to come', but if the Alliance remains allied, it says 'the final battle with the kingdom has come'. Looking at the records hall, I don't think any changes happen in other routes, based on missing cutscenes, but it's still rather interesting.

44 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Fair enough, but it doesn't change my issue, particularly since getting rid of the Church is much more of a motivator for Claude in Three Hopes.

Reveal hidden contents

Which is 'Show, don't Tell', maybe even worse as we're 'told' different things. Claude says that they're responsible and Dimitri doesn't dismiss it, but every detail we know about their relationship with Albinea and Sreng is all down to geopolitical problems. Sreng in particular we know they invade because they lack resources to survive and invading the Kingdom is their best chance to get those resources, in turn the Kingdom itself doesn't have the largest surplus of resources so they're forced to push them back and not negotiate any further as they're limited in what they can do. Nothing about that situation seems to fall on the Church's feet, and if you removed the Church from the situation nothing changes as Sreng is going to still invade for those resources and the Kingdom is still going to defend them.

That's really the problem here: Claude, especially in Three Hopes, is trying to focus down the Church for its role in the poor country relationships Fodlan has, but the majority of background details on each of those countries show a far more nuanced issue at play. Without the Church Almyra is still going to invade as they have a culture of doing so, Sreng is still going to invade because they need those resources to survive, Brigid may actually be worse off as Petra in GW says they rely on them and the Empire and worries what losing them will mean for her country, and so on. For as much as it's presented as the solution it's contradicted by the game's own lore, and that hurts Claude's motivations here as it makes his conclusion feel more like a rotten band-aid slapped onto a festering wound. 

I think the key difference is where Claude gets his information - in Three Houses, he has to hunt for it after his curiosity is piqued by the Sword of the Creator, he had a lot of time to get to know the Church and the people there, and he eventually learns everything from Rhea (with a small tip from Hubert). Here, he learns everything from Edelgard after not really having much time at Garreg Mach to realize how many secrets are out there. So, who/what he views as the primary problem keeping Fodlan in the past could easily be skewed just from that.

Just a random thought, but after finishing Azure Gleam and seeing Mercedes and Dimitri's supports, I low-key ship them. Mercedes would be the perfect queen for a progressive Faerghus. She's a member of both the nobility (via her Imperial routes and stepfather) who bears a Crest and a commoner (via her background and upbringing). She's a devout believer in the Goddess (something important given that an entire war was nearly fought due to the Central Church vs the Western Church & Empire) but she's also sympathetic towards nonbelievers, outsiders, and commoners, meaning that she's going to promote laws and movements favorable to them.* Basically, she can be championed by both the more insulated elite due to her heritage and the commonfolk due to her history, which makes her a perfect rallying point for the kingdom. 

Also, their A-Support was just adorable. And I may or may not want an OT3 between Dimitri, Mercedes, and F!Byleth. Sorry Dorothea, you've been kicked out. Go join Claude and Edelgard in an OT3.**   

Other ships: 

Dedue/Ingrid - I'm not sure this would ever go anywhere, but I like how their talks go in Three Hopes, and I can see Ingrid eventually having a small crush on Dedue, as her hatred (now turned into shame, then respect and admiration) fully transforms into a love that neither is fully sure how to explore. 

Petra/M!Shez - I just like the idea of the purple-haired guy and gal getting together, and Shez settling down in a place where he doesn't have to be a mercenary. I imagine it'd be a mix of Ashe's "let's create a group of knights" and the Shamir's usual "disappeared into the wind" ending. 

Lorenz/Constance - I'm not entirely sold on this one, but I like the idea of the two eccentric and haughty nobles ending up together. Although recently I've also become a fan of Lorenz/Lysithea in Three Houses. (Lorenz/Leonie is still one of the best supports in the game though. I need to see the rest of their supports in Three Hopes to see if I want to continue to support this ship.) 

Ashe/Annette - I can see it, but I'd still prefer Ashe/Hapi and Annette/Felix. 

Seteth and Yuri as a surrogate father/son relationship...or mentor/mentee? Something akin to Captain Holt and Jake Peralta from Brooklyn Nine-Nine, or Ron Swanson and April Ludgate from Parks & Rec. A relationship where it's clearly "father and child," but the two have work boundaries as well, and the personal boundaries rarely overlap. (Also I imagine Flayn would love to "adopt" a younger brother.) 

Balthus/Shamir - Not really, but I imagine they'd have some fun times together. 

I'm currently shipping Holst with F!Shez (or Byleth with F!Shez), but I need to see more of Holst before I make that decision in earnest. 

I'm curious to see what supports will change my ships for Verdant Wildfire. 

*Given how Dimitri's father ended up, this may be a little worrying, but just but Jeritza as a bodyguard and she'll be fine. ...also, given the fact that Dimitri routed out most of the opposing faction, I'm not sure there'd be too many people standing in the way...

**Which has me hoping that Claude and Dorothea have a support in Golden Wildfire. I honestly doubt it, but I love how Allegra Clark and Joe Zieja get along, and I think it'd be fun to see Dorothea teach Claude how to sing

Does anybody know any good ways to grind out Restore uses? My current chapter has the increased Combat Art exp effect in place so I'd like to grind a little bit, but I don't know any situations in which you can reliably expose your units to status conditions.

39 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Does anybody know any good ways to grind out Restore uses? My current chapter has the increased Combat Art exp effect in place so I'd like to grind a little bit, but I don't know any situations in which you can reliably expose your units to status conditions.

It may not be that effective or practical but considering you need to press X to finish off the beast it can continue to spam you and your allies with poison attack. Go to auxiliary battles and back to chapter 3 where you free Monica and fight Kronya. The beast that is summoned inflicts poison and shouldn't be too high level that you are in any kind of danger of just taking hits. Outside of that I can't think of any kind of way to spam Restore. Are there any Combat arts that inflict a debuff you can cure? I haven't unlocked a large variety so I wouldn't know. 

1 hour ago, Tediz64 said:

It may not be that effective or practical but considering you need to press X to finish off the beast it can continue to spam you and your allies with poison attack. Go to auxiliary battles and back to chapter 3 where you free Monica and fight Kronya. The beast that is summoned inflicts poison and shouldn't be too high level that you are in any kind of danger of just taking hits. Outside of that I can't think of any kind of way to spam Restore. Are there any Combat arts that inflict a debuff you can cure? I haven't unlocked a large variety so I wouldn't know. 

Poison-breathing Demonic Beast is a good idea. Do chapter strategies still apply during record battles, though? That's the real question.

Edit: The strategy still seems to apply, and Restore can be farmed on the Demonic Beast... for a while.

The problem is Jeritza getting too aggro and depleting the Demonic Beast's health. Once it's on death's door, it gets put in a permanent state of stun and can no longer poison you. Do you recall any missions with a poisonous Demonic Beast and no green unit allies?

Edited by Anomalocaris

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

Poison-breathing Demonic Beast is a good idea. Do chapter strategies still apply during record battles, though? That's the real question.

Edit: The strategy still seems to apply, and Restore can be farmed on the Demonic Beast... for a while.

The problem is Jeritza getting too aggro and depleting the Demonic Beast's health. Once it's on death's door, it gets put in a permanent state of stun and can no longer poison you. Do you recall any missions with a poisonous Demonic Beast and no green unit allies?

Isn't there a way you can give him the command to be assigned as Adjutant that way he is taken off the field? That was the only one I can recall in a chapter battle. I fought a few poison ones in those extras battles but those disappear and aren't available from the auxiliary menu. Sorry I can't help any further. I'm not that far into this Scarlet Blaze playthru so I can't recall any others. 

Trying going to the side quests battles and find a battle against a mage commander. They spam Fireball spell which inflicts burning status. Or find a mage fort commander cause they also spam fireball and some can use Thundershock 

30 minutes ago, Tediz64 said:

Isn't there a way you can give him the command to be assigned as Adjutant that way he is taken off the field? That was the only one I can recall in a chapter battle. I fought a few poison ones in those extras battles but those disappear and aren't available from the auxiliary menu. Sorry I can't help any further. I'm not that far into this Scarlet Blaze playthru so I can't recall any others. 

Trying going to the side quests battles and find a battle against a mage commander. They spam Fireball spell which inflicts burning status. Or find a mage fort commander cause they also spam fireball and some can use Thundershock 

Sadly, no. He's a green unit, and so cannot be given orders or made an Adjutant. He does whatever he wants and the player cannot stop him from eventually killing the Demonic Beast, short of somehow getting him to retreat in battle.

Has anyone found a late game map with consistant giant beast spawns, and is repeatable via record keeper? Since those are the only ways to consistantly farm the rusted weapons that repair into the archanea regalia.

I only remember those giant monster spawns being side battles that aren't repeatable via record keeper

I can't help but notice that there's some favoritism going on with the paralogues. 

Ignatz for example only has one paralogue and its a retelling of the paralogue he already had in Three Houses. Similarly Claude's paralogue is just Alois and Shamir's paralogue with a different coat of paint. 

But then you have Constance who has three Paralogues and they're all relatively new material. Or Lysithea and Lorenz who have two paralogues.

Generally there doesn't seem to be much thought into who gets paralogues and who don't. Lorenz is already kind of a main character but he gets two paralogues. Meanwhile seteth and Flayn are almost completely exiled from the support system and are only playable in a single route, yet they just get a single paralogue. Constance gets different paralogues depending on which route she joins, but Ashe who also joins in multiple routes only has one paralogue. 

50 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I can't help but notice that there's some favoritism going on with the paralogues. 

Ignatz for example only has one paralogue and its a retelling of the paralogue he already had in Three Houses. Similarly Claude's paralogue is just Alois and Shamir's paralogue with a different coat of paint. 

But then you have Constance who has three Paralogues and they're all relatively new material. Or Lysithea and Lorenz who have two paralogues.

Generally there doesn't seem to be much thought into who gets paralogues and who don't. Lorenz is already kind of a main character but he gets two paralogues. Meanwhile seteth and Flayn are almost completely exiled from the support system and are only playable in a single route, yet they just get a single paralogue. Constance gets different paralogues depending on which route she joins, but Ashe who also joins in multiple routes only has one paralogue. 

I mean, the game is essentially fanservice for fans of the first game. Only way to explain how Charon and Lamine suddenly have two Relics.