Three Hopes Famitsu dev interview translation

I thought "we originally pitched a full Persona franchise crossover" was the most painful thing I'd read in a Koei interview. I was wrong.

Oh well. 3H has a better roster to pull from than the original game's 3 focus games combined.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

13 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

The news that they were initially going to make an "FE Warriors 2" is interesting. I like Three Hopes, but I hope that comes to fruition some day too.

I guess let's just be optimistic and hope this was a "we can't justify two redundant crossovers on the same console" type of thing...

Yup, pretty much exactly what I thought it was. Hayashi wasn't lying when he said characters for FEW were held back for a potential sequel, but developing Three Houses inspired them to go in another direction. Persona 5 Strikers all over again.

Well, either way, I'm not complaining. The crossover style warriors games bored me while Age of Calamity, Strikers, and Three Hopes have been a blast.

Edited by Sentinel07

3 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Yup, pretty much exactly what I thought it was. Hayashi wasn't lying when he said characters for FEW were held back for a potential sequel, but developing Three Houses inspired them to go in another direction. Persona 5 Strikers all over again.

Well, either way, I'm not complaining. The crossover style warriors games bored me while Age of Calamity, Strikers, and Three Hopes have been a blast.

I think, Three Hopes shows us how crossover style games should also work. Story-wise, I mean. Everyone uniting to fight the big dragon is boring, but there are more interesting stories to be told by just exploring how the characters would naturally come into conflict if brought together. Orthodox characters like Rhea, Celica, L'Arachel, and Sephiran fighting a bitter war against more rebellious characters like Edelgard, Hapi, and the Dawn Brigade. Greil's Mercenaries being hired by one, Jeralt's by the other. Schemers like Naesala and Claude playing everyone. 

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

So wait, Warriors 1 writers and Three Hopes writers truly don't have much overlap? If so, no wonder Shez and Arval are actually good Warriors exclusive characters and Hopes' story is enjoyable.