Nintendo Direct Mini Partner Showcase 6.28.2022 Thread (Jun 28th at 6 AM PT / 9 AM EST)

King Marth 64

Nintendo just announced there is a new Nintendo Direct Mini Partner Showcase coming tomorrow at Jun 28th at 6AM PT / 9 AM EST in the morning. Like the other Nintendo Direct Mini Partner Showcases this is merely focuses on 3rd Party Titles that has zero 1st Party Nintendo titles in it.

I totally think Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden, & Persona 5 Royal might going to be announced since all the three Persona games had been announced to be on Xbox Consoles & PC. I don't know if Square Enix is going to be showing off Dragon Quest 12 along with the other Square Enix properties in tomorrow's Nintendo Direct Mini Partner Showcase?

Edited by King Marth 64
Sorry, I forgot to change PM to AM.

I'm not convinced Persona ports are imminent. Folks predicted the same exact thing when Persona 4 hit Steam and that was a year ago. That game has been announced for every platform but the switch by this point. I have been shitposting all day about the possibility of Persona 3 Portable Cloud Edition though. That would just be hilarious. 

Sounds like there's been another Mario + Rabbids leak from Ubisoft so I guess that's the star of the show. Man that game can't catch a break, but I'm anxious to see it. Hoping they'll finally release Advance Wars too.

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

Megaman Battle Network Legacy Collection... finally! I am definitely hyped for it. Battle Network was my introduction to Mega Man, and I was only able to play the last two games in the series: Battle Network 5 (team Colonel) and Battle Network 6 (Cybeast Gregar), so I am looking forward to this chance to play the earlier games as well. I wonder if they'll also create a Star Force Legacy Collection.

Persona on Switch sounds interesting. I've never actually played those games, but I've heard that they're good. 

Well, a Partner Showcase. Ninty will not be the centre of the show. Let's see how this goes.

Well, it already went, I was out of the house but I haven't seen anything yet.

Spoiler

So we staart off with Capcom and I immediately think Dragon's Dogma, what with all the dragons. But it's probably Monster Hunter getting another video. Which is right there in the gameplay. Hubert lets us know the beasts are closer to humans then they know, which huh? Looks like there's another hub area though, so that's neat. They also confirm free stuff too.Then we get a game with giant metal mechs and moon living and then it's revealed as a Neir Automata port. Probably not the best this game's looked, but if it runs well that'll be good and it's out the 6th of October. Then there's a game with a black and white montage including murder and and red eyes for an adventure puzzle called Lorelai and the Laser Eyes, which could be good, but that's not until next year. Next is some Bomberman (Super R 2), which has custom maps and 1 v whatever multiplayer, who knows, could be good. Then Megaman Battle Network gets a collection (there'll be someone who's happy for that), including Jacking in. 😛 Apparently also next year. Pac-Man World apparently was a thing and that's getting remade, but apparently it's 2.5D which is a little surprising, but that's out August. The next game is a 3D puzzlegame involving a faun and a fox cub trying to explore a snowy world, looks nice even for being an exclusive, but it's out in February.

Then we get a Curse of Monkey Island sequel (well I thought this series was dead) with a style that I don't know I'd have gone for with this, reminds me of plenty of kids shows if I'm being honest. It's only slated for this year, no idea if they've released previous titles on Switch. Then we get to see the Mario + Rabbids sequel news we all expected, apparently including exploration between the turn-based combat. In combat I've learned that dashing is a free action, which they clearly took from D&D 😛. Apparently Bowser's playable and it's out October 20th as the leak told us. Next montage starts with a rougelike? well the dungeons are randomised and it's out today. Then there's a train sim called Railgrade, which is out Autumn. Following that is RPG Time: The Legend of Wright, a game where you play an RPG with drawing mechanics though I bet it's not too deep on that, out 18th August.  Then we get Sonic Frontiers footage, where we lie about the vibrancy of the setting, I kinda lost what's going on besides, but there's also platforming dungeons I suppose. It's out some stage in Winter. Then we get Disney Dreamlight Valley, where you make disney characters happy and maybe vibe in it with the villains, I dunno, for some reason this is Early Access and that's hilarious.

Then another montage, with LIVEALIVE starting us off and we get a neat montage including some lategame and Buriki Daioh, then we get a demo confirmed today. Nice, a chance to play LIVEALIVE and confirm if they got things right. We get a Doraemon Story of Seasons game which is exactly what you'd expect but it's 2-player, which is nice. Minecraft Legends shows up, which is an RTS where you fight off enemies coming through portals, though it's next year. Then there's a game called Dragon Quest Treasures where you play as a twin and recruit monsters (Is that the guy from DQXI?), where combat's not turnbased either (Nice for it). It's out 9th December. Another montage, with 3 Copes, No Man's Sky getting a date of 7th October, A Plague Tale: Requiem (Out 18th October, but is touched by the plague of cloud play), Captain Velvet Meteor: The Jump+ Dimensions (grid strategy, out in July? Could be neat), then some the port of Portal 1+2 gets put out today (with next to no footage of 2). Then we get Harvestella, a game that's not Rune Factory but I thought would be. It's a 3D graphics farming sim with combat, in a world where there's a fifth season called Quietus (aka the season where everyone dies) and life is miserable. I did see a bit of slowdown in the farming. It's out 4th November. Finally it's Persona news, with 5 getting a Switch port on 21th October, it looks like it's the PS3 port but it's Royal, alongside the mascot of 4 showing up to announce the ports for 3 and 4 with no dates (Why?)

TLDR: PLAY LIVEALIVE.

Okay, so some more than that. Neat to see Monkey Island isn't dead, Neir was a surprise and playable Bowser's never a bad sign. I'd say it's a pretty varied roster of games and I hope there's at least one everyone would be on board with. The one new announcement I got curious about was Blanc personally.

...There are TEN Mega Man Battle Network games? 

I love Mario + Rabbids, and am glad we'll be seeing more tomorrow. Playable Bowser is a staple of Mario RPGs. I also really like Blanc. It's the Fox and the Hound, but as a video game. 

I noticed in the end sizzle reel of recently released games they didn't show off Omori, which released last week. That's a big deal!

37 minutes ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

...There are TEN Mega Man Battle Network games? 

Officially, there were six games, but the last four games had multiple versions: Battle Network 3 was divided into Blue and White versions (but apparently only outside Japan), Battle Network 4's versions were Red Sun and Blue Moon, Battle Network 5 had Team Proto Man and Team Colonel, and Battle Network 6 had Cybeast Gregar and Cybeast Falzar. So, if you consider the different versions as separate games, it adds up to ten.

Cool to see the BN Legacy collection is finally happening!

2 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Officially, there were six games, but the last four games had multiple versions: Battle Network 3 was divided into Blue and White versions (but apparently only outside Japan), Battle Network 4's versions were Red Sun and Blue Moon, Battle Network 5 had Team Proto Man and Team Colonel, and Battle Network 6 had Cybeast Gregar and Cybeast Falzar. So, if you consider the different versions as separate games, it adds up to ten.

More specifically, Battle Network 3 started out as a standalone game, then a few months later a new version called Battle Network 3 BLACK was released. Both versions would become the basis for the localized White and Blue.

In addition to the six mainline entries, there's Network Transmission, Battle Chip Challenge, Wonderswan, 4.5 Real Operation, and Operation Shooting Star.

Edited by Lord_Brand

34 minutes ago, Lord_Brand said:

Cool to see the BN Legacy collection is finally happening!

More specifically, Battle Network 3 started out as a standalone game, then a few months later a new version called Battle Network 3 BLACK was released. Both versions would become the basis for the localized White and Blue.

In addition to the six mainline entries, there's Network Transmission, Battle Chip Challenge, Wonderswan, 4.5 Real Operation, and Operation Shooting Star.

Yeah, it is really cool to see. As someone whose favourite version of Mega Man is Battle Network, I have been looking forward to this.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Wow; that's quite a few spinoffs. I think I've only heard of two of those.

33 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Why is Square making a Rune Factory?

I genuinely thought it was a Rune Factory game at first; I was thinking, "Rune Factory 5 just came out though. Is this an expansion? A remake of one of the older Rune Factory games?"

Maybe they heard about how Rune Factory 5 was received and thought they could provide competition?

+

BN is legit.

And more variety in Square RPGs is good.

=

I'll probably still favor Playstation platforms for Persona. Good to see it expand to new audiences, and it's a good fit for Switch.

-

No DLC announcement for Three Hopes, or anything else FE related. But hey, if that quick reminder sells some more copies and gets me a FEW3, I'm all for it.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

I definitely going to pick up Persona 5 Royal on Nintendo Switch. (I do both have Persona 3 Portable & Persona 4 Golden on PlayStation TV and I'm nearly got done on P3P)

I might get Pac-Man World Re-Pac since I do have the original PlayStation version. (I do find it weird that both Pac-Mom (the redesign version of Ms. Pac-Man due to the legal rights issue with AtGames) and Baby Pac have white eye lids while the male Pacs don't and even lack noses)

I'm kind of surprised to see Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection is getting 10 Games in all one complete collection since both Mega Man and Mega Man X Legacy Collection had two separate complete collection each.

For Nier Automata, I wasn't expecting that was going to be coming to the Nintendo Switch.

I am going to get Railgrade since I do love trains.

Edited by King Marth 64

5 hours ago, ciphertul said:

Why is Square making a Rune Factory?

Why not? A little competition and more variety of purveyors of action RPG-farming sims is a good thing. Although RF5 has received a middling reception, there is a market for the hybrid genre.

They do seem to be downplaying the dating sim element -if the game has one- on first reveal. No vibrant artwork of all the males and females one can pursue. -Not to say the agriculture & action genre needs love, I could appreciate the choice to leave it out or keep it very mild, since romance tends to overshadow other simulation aspects.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why not? A little competition and more variety of purveyors of action RPG-farming sims is a good thing. Although RF5 has received a middling reception, there is a market for the hybrid genre.

They do seem to be downplaying the dating sim element -if the game has one- on first reveal. No vibrant artwork of all the males and females one can pursue. -Not to say the agriculture & action genre needs love, I could appreciate the choice to leave it out or keep it very mild, since romance tends to overshadow other simulation aspects.

Don’t listen to critic. As someone who has play most RFs 5 is a good game. It’s only middling because they had far to high expectations or just not into the genre.

It did say something about making friends but… action and farming alone don’t make a good game. If it is billed as a life sim romance should be a part of it how Square does have a bad record of romance. 

6 hours ago, ciphertul said:

Don’t listen to critic. As someone who has play most RFs 5 is a good game. It’s only middling because they had far to high expectations or just not into the genre.

Oh, I intend to get RF5 at some point. Not sure whether Switch or to wait for the PC version and see how it runs. Either way, I do want it. I skipped RF4, so the "4 is better than 5" criticisms don't work on me. As for the rest of the franchise, I played every other RF game, and I can honestly assert that the entire franchise (at least before 4) was made on a b-tier budget, it never had the resources to be a superbly manicured AAA title. Though the games were plenty fun.

6 hours ago, ciphertul said:

It did say something about making friends but… action and farming alone don’t make a good game. If it is billed as a life sim romance should be a part of it how Square does have a bad record of romance

I mean, they can. Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin is in the 7-8/10 range (nonetheless impressive for a literally two-person indie game) and I enjoyed it. Not the best video game ever, and I would've liked more, but it was competent.

Square Enix I've also taken mental note of has practically no record of writing dating sims or dating sim elements. They much prefer fixed romances in their games and stories (which indeed are a mixed bag, but that's besides the point). It'd be new territory for them, as odd as that might sound in this day and age for so gargantuan an RPG company.

The Mario + Rabbids 2 showcase has ended with some interesting details:

• The final roster size is the 9 characters we've seen so far. Confirming that Yoshi and Rabbid Yoshi will not be returning, and that not every mario character has a Rabbid counterpart this time around. 
  • The soundtrack will be composed by Grant Kirkhope, Gareth Coker, and Yoko Shimamura. What a pedigree!
  • Mario is no longer forced onto your team of three. Your party leader can be seemingly anybody.

I'm very excited for this sequel. My biggest complaint about the original are the party restrictions. Mario's obviously a great character in combat, but him being forced onto the team really stunted your creativity in combining weird skills and weapons. Another restriction from the original is that they never allowed you to have a team of all Mario characters, one Rabbid was necessary at all times on top of Mario always being necessary. So I'll be interested to see if you can do a team of any three. I'm also excited to see seemingly no shared weapon types. Once you had the full roster of the previous game, you'd notice that they had a lot of abilities and weapons in common. Yoshi was the biggest disappointment since the only unique thing he brought to the table was his ground pound on Team Jumps. Nothing with his tongue or flutter kick or throwing eggs or any other Yoshi stuff.

I'm also happy with the roster. It feels more varied than just having two of each character. Playable Bowser is always a treat in Mario RPGs, but I actually loved Bowser Jr's role in the original. I would have been just as happy to see him playable, and hope he's at least involved in the plot. Some people are upset at no regular Rosalina, man, remember when Playable Peach was cool and wonderful? What's everybody's obsession with Rosalina? Just Peach with a different hairdo.

Just a little heads-up to anyone considering buying the Portal 1 & 2 bundle: it is literally just Portal 1 & 2 (they're even downloaded separately). I can't see any reason why they're not being sold individually... actually; I can think of one reason why: forcing people to buy both games means more money.

1 hour ago, Perkilator said:

I know this is at least a week old by this point, but a Project X Zone 3 would’ve been my dream announcement for this Direct Mini.

Do you mean like Project X Zone 3 as a Nintendo Switch title similar to like how Yo-Kai Watch 4 was handled after the games were merely used for Nintendo 3DS systems? I think Sega, Bandai Namco, & Capcom had to agree with each other to make a third Project X Zone title again for the Nintendo Switch system. It's possible that they might have gotten their hands full of other upcoming projects.