Maximum number of enemies on a map.

MadBoar

Out of curiosity, I wanted to see the maximum number of enemies on a map. On path of radiance's chapter 26, I found this number of enemies, as seen in the attached images. This maximum number was attained at turn 16, and I stopped at turn 26. I'd love to see whether or not any of you can beat this number in any main line fire emblem game! (Warriors doesn't count.)

IMG_3102 (1).JPG

IMG_3103 (1).JPG

5 hours ago, MadBoar said:

Out of curiosity, I wanted to see the maximum number of enemies on a map. On path of radiance's chapter 26, I found this number of enemies, as seen in the attached images. This maximum number was attained at turn 16, and I stopped at turn 26. I'd love to see whether or not any of you can beat this number in any main line fire emblem game! (Warriors doesn't count.)

In theory, it's this map, the Binding Blade from... Binding Blade:

The Binding Blade | Fire Emblem Wiki | Fandom

Assuming you don't kill any enemies, there are over 120 enemies that can spawn, including reinforcements.

There are 54 enemies initially.

12 more will spawn every turn for 3 turns, for another 36, bringing us up to 90

16 will spawn based on which path you take for 106

Galle and 12 more units will spawn in the middle for 119

Finally, if you don't finish the map fast enough, 3 more enemies will spawn on the 30th turn, for 122.

That said, I don't know if it's possible to go 30 turns without killing any enemies, so idk.

Final caveat: There are a few "infinite reinforcements" maps in conquest. I don't know if those count, since the reinforcements all aren't counted as regular enemies (you can't gain exp, etc). I'm also not sure how many anyone has actually succeeded in getting to spawn.

Edited by dragonlordsd

2 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

In theory, it's this map, the Binding Blade from... Binding Blade:

The Binding Blade | Fire Emblem Wiki | Fandom

Assuming you don't kill any enemies, there are over 120 enemies that can spawn, including reinforcements.

There are 54 enemies initially.

GBA FE caps the number of enemies at 50 and reinforcements won't spawn once that has been reached. So those three are immediately out of the question for this.

(and the 54 has to be a counting mistake. The numbers behind your link add up to 34 (including Murdock) but don't seem to include the HM only enemies, which are another 10 wyverns. I don't have a save file of that chapter to check that way, but on FEWod, I count 45 enemies. No guarantees that I didn't miss or double-counted anything, but I'm pretty certain that it's less than 54, or 50 for that matter :lol:)

9 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

Final caveat: There are a few "infinite reinforcements" maps in conquest. I don't know if those count, since the reinforcements all aren't counted as regular enemies (you can't gain exp, etc). I'm also not sure how many anyone has actually succeeded in getting to spawn.

I just tested this on Siegbert's paralogue, which has infinite reinforcements. Fates has an enemy cap at 50 at any given time. The GBA games also have this enemy cap. 

Different games have different faction caps. I can't speak for FE1/2 but I know the former never starts with more than 20 enemies per map. FE3 caps at 32 enemies; FE4 thru GBA at 50; and the DS games at 60. Tellius games are notorious for their higher enemy counts, part of it likely due to hardware.

On a late game radiant dawn chapter, I got a new record of 122. I crossed out part of the image to prevent spoilers. There are some more enemies in the crossed out area.  I also tried to get more enemies on the chapter that is 2 chapters after this. On that chapter, there were 22 initial enemies + 32 reinforcements. For whatever reason, the reinforcements were part of a different army, and they appeared to be capped at 32 at any given time. I'd love to see someone beat this number!

IMG_3104.jpg