Xander: Gallant King - Legendary Hero Battle

Xenomata

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FWe34szXkAEc3c8?format=png&name=orig

From Fire Emblem Fates, the eldest Nohrian son sports high Atk and Spd, good Def, and quite low Res... which to be fair is pretty accurate, but he packs advantages to make even the toughest foes put in the work to fell him: If he begins his phase near two allies, he gains the effects of [Null Follow-Up] and accelerated special charge. If he initiates combat or is near an ally he gets all stats +5 and post-combat HP recovery. If his opponents HP is over 50% he inflicts Atk/Spd/Def -5 on them. He gains damage reduction based on half the percentage of his foes remaining HP, up to 50% when the enemy is at full health. He gets Canto (Rem +1). So... yeah you'll be putting in some work to put him down.

He who has embraced the dark he calls home, he who has gazed upon the empty white throne, who has fought the legacy of lies, against the familiar disguise... that is your foe.

3QNjXpWl.jpg?1

[enemy stats here]

Edited by Xenomata

...so I may have wrote that decription up there BEFORE clearing this map.

Walhart overpowered Dazzling debuff blah blah blah, nothing I haven't shown many times before already.

Nina got a new bow! I also decided to Ascend her because frankly I use her so often it seems criminal not to at this point.
I can already tell I'm gonna LOVE the Whitecap Bow.

Adrift Camilla... to be fair I picked her mostly because I knew I would be needing some serious Red Magic firepower, but it somehow feels wrong to have her specifically be the killer of her own brother...

As for Fallen Ninian... to be honest, I mostly picked her because I thought I would be using her alongside Walhart's Galeforce, but all she really did in practice is lay down Cross Spur Atk and mildly modify when Camilla's special triggers were.

(note: if you say something nice about my clear, THANK YOU but I also don't know what to say in response, so... I just opt not to say anything. Sorry >.<)

Edited by Xenomata

@Xenomata Wow, nice Nina. Honestly she and Ophie should get an alt soon. Watching that 99 damage + special turn into 62 damage vs Xander is pretty funny, but also sad.

@Sasori Raigh having horseslaying was definitely handy, though not even he could one-shot through all that damage reduction. Siegbert took down his dad with the help of his friends(?).

@Alexmender @Landmaster @Diovani Bressan @BoaFerox @Some Jerk

I'm early for once. Decided that the slayer of little sisters should get some punishment from them. That being said, none of the little sisters used are on the thumbnail.

Surprisingly Xander's abyssal wasn't really that hard at all, once I figured out how (and where) to deal with reinforcement spawns. Or maybe it's just that even ummerged Brave Eirika, Azura and Leanne, Leif and Seliph, and Letizia are still too OP for abyssal ...

Time for revenge~

Once again, if OG!Elise had her Resplendent by now, the Threaten Res wouldn't have been needed to kill the Lance Cav, but here we are.

@Sasori - Nice clear~ While I was a bit miffed Xander didn't let Raigh get the easy kill, Siegbert finishing his dad off is much more appropriate. He and Chad took a lot of hits here but the Clerics don't pack enough of a punch to bring them down.

@SatsumaFSoysoy - I was wondering how this was such a quick clear, until I realized Nanna would obliterate Xander and S!Freyja is just S!Freyja. Made quick work of everyone on the Enemy Phase.

Another Legendary Hero Battle and, honestly... a very easy one.

@Sasori You did very well with the boys! Siegbert is well against all those units, and finishing Xander! Xander had to cheat to survive Raigh.

@SatsumaFSoysoy That's a very strong Freyja! And she is just +0! Veronica did great as well, and Nanna doesn't like cheater that use damage reduction. Nice job!

@Landmaster REVENGE!!! That was a very close kill on Xander with the Elises! This map was not problem for you!

@Xenomata I always love seeing Adrift Camilla or any Camilla in general. I can't believe Xander survived a charged special from her. Damage reduction is out of this world.

@Landmaster I was looking forward to this! Of all the people Elise couldn't double, it was Xander. It's strange how Xander is faster than any Ryoma alt. 

@Diovani Bressan Summer Claude ORKO'd him with WTD? I probably should pull for him, but I need to save orbs. Nice clear as well 😄 

I decided to make a new team with the Liliths. Unfortunately, there are no ranged dragons, so I just made Micaiah part of the team. Of course, there was the Macedon team that cleared the map first.

It's easy to tell who carried the team here

Hope people notice the accessories on Grima and Micaiah. I made OG Lilith a tank with this build lol

The solution to Damage Reduction based on your own HP? Let yourself get beat within an inch of your life!

I thought this was going to be a complicated affair where I had to somehow overcome that gigantic Spd stat while also getting Silvia's HP low enough to ignore his DR... until I remembered what Xander's classing was. It took me longer than it should've to realize that I was already deploying Phina who could just erase him in one hit, though I'm not especially pleased that she had to inherit Distant Dart for this -- that Bow Fighter is a pain.

Aside from Xander and the Bow Fighter though, this map wasn't bad at all. I just needed to position everyone in the correct hallways; Silvia on the left, Phina on the right, and F!Ninian and newcomer D!Neph down the middle.

On 6/30/2022 at 8:39 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Sasori Raigh having horseslaying was definitely handy, though not even he could one-shot through all that damage reduction. Siegbert took down his dad with the help of his friends(?).

Yeah. I was surprised by just how much damage was reduced, but perhaps it was more fitting for Siegbert to do the job. Nice clear with you too. Freya did really good. You could even say she was the GOAT

22 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Time for revenge~

Once again, if OG!Elise had her Resplendent by now, the Threaten Res wouldn't have been needed to kill the Lance Cav, but here we are.

@Sasori - Nice clear~ While I was a bit miffed Xander didn't let Raigh get the easy kill, Siegbert finishing his dad off is much more appropriate. He and Chad took a lot of hits here but the Clerics don't pack enough of a punch to bring them down.

Thats some nice Karma. All 3 Elise got a moment to get a good amck in. 

And yeah. The most annoying thing about the clerics where that they prevented the crew from using their special lines.

21 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Another Legendary Hero Battle and, honestly... a very easy one.

@Sasori You did very well with the boys! Siegbert is well against all those units, and finishing Xander! Xander had to cheat to survive Raigh.

This was a pretty easy map when compared to the others so I did't have to try too much for this one. The most surprising one was Xander cheating.

Nice going with just cleanly dealing with Xander in a single round though. Either SClaude hits like a truck or Xander was less tanky then I thought.

9 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

I know Brave Claude refine is coming but still couldn't resist giving him the whitecap bow just for fun. And Niles is always a good assist. The most troubling foe here is actually the shining bow user. 

Hide contents

Nice. Why Fury 3 instead of Fury 4 though?

It's an easy Infernal if Jaffar and three dancers can pull it off!  Though I needed somewhat specific dancers for it to work.

Then I decided to do the unintelligent thing and attempt this on Abyssal with Leon and the dancers from Jaffar's run.  Thanks to the stuff I did in Jaffar's run, I realized two things:

1. A cavalry dancer was necessary or I couldn't wipe the three enemies in front on turn 1.
2. Xander can't do a thing about damage after the battle.

As for the dancers?  Legendary Azura kept her Aerobatics so she could warp to Duo Azura on turn 1.  Duo Azura was necessary for everything that makes her Duo Azura.  Mirabilis could tank the lance cavalry as well as debuff defense.  On the final turn, used Duo Azura's Harmonic skill to refresh Legendary Azura.  With four dance uses, Leon was able to use Blazing Thunder and Poison Strike to 2HKO Xander and three other enemies.  Everyone else went down to the usual Brave attacks.  Except that Shining Bow archer.  I saved a Blazing Thunder for him.

With that, I've completed my first Abyssal stage on release!

• 2 weeks later...

Oof I'm late for this huh... Only barely had time to do it on the very last day, and then I didn't have the time to upload the video until recently.

@Sasori Wow, Siegbert and the orphans tore through this map very effectively. High invested Siegbert vs Xander is a very cool showdown to see. Nice clear!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Very impressive Valentines Veronica, I don't see her at +10 too often. She did very well here, as did the other units of course. Nice clear! And bonus points for Tana in thumbnail.

@Landmaster When Xander woke up this morning, he did not expect to die to his sister wearing a swimsuit. Very nice work with the Elises as always, let's hope she gets that Resplendent soon!

@GuiltyLove Very nice clears! Vantage Valentian Palla is definitely very good for dealing with Xander, low HP reducing his Dodge effect and adaptive damage hitting his crap Res. Nice job with the Lilith team too. If you were looking for a ranged dragon I guess Halloween Nowi is the closest you'll get...

@Some Jerk Great clear with the dancers! Dancer Nephenee with Summer Elincia's bow is definitely impressive! And Phina one shoting Xander was a treat. 

This map was kinda annoying, with two super physically bulky green units that my Tanas would have trouble with, so I had to rely on the guest to deal with them. Thankfully Harmonic Caeda did that job very well, and otherwise there weren't any particularly nasty units here. If they ever make another Tana in the future I really hope she's not blue again though...

Late on some comments~

@Diovani Bressan - That was impressive, Claude still needed Astra to get the kill on Xander but was able to pull through! Nice work!

@GuiltyLove - Looks like it was primarily the Palla show with some help from Catria and Minerva. Your fliers hold up perfectly fine with the current meta~

Cute little pseudo-Lillith Emblem with the Lillith accessories. Both Lilliths are so strong. I'd like to see her get more Alts.

@Some Jerk - Your Silvia and now your Phina are builds I dream of. I hope they show up in Hall of Forms at some point. I feel like Phina at least has a chance.

@BoaFerox - Hopefully we get Green Tana in the future. For now, Caeda dealt with Xander just fine and the other Tanas are constantly straight up nuking whoever walks in front of them.

@Yggi - Jamke got such a good refine, I feel like people still sleep on it~ I really need to build my Seliph at some point, too.