Vestaria Saga 1 IRONMAN attempt

Is this the END?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Should this continue as a Soft Ironman, or end as a Hard Ironman

• Hard Ironman, Zade is dead, the run is done
    • Soft Ironman, reset for the Game Over

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AL9nZEVwTddeIewJCdlmMUwZdQqzSY6bqhFEBVRM

Also forgot to eat the cake after his promotion last chapter, so more stat booster used.

You could have eaten the pref cake at the first opportunity. The game keeps track of stats that go over the cap, so you would have simply gotten the spillover HP automatically after the promotion.

In fact, at levelup the game stills rolls for stats that are already capped. Sadly it's not displayed on the levelup screen when that happens, but it does.
Because of this, when a unit promotes it's stats might well end up MUCH larger then what the promotion screen advertises.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/21/2022 at 11:13 AM, BrightBow said:

You could have eaten the pref cake at the first opportunity. The game keeps track of stats that go over the cap, so you would have simply gotten the spillover HP automatically after the promotion.

That is both good to know, and rather interesting.

On 9/21/2022 at 11:13 AM, BrightBow said:

In fact, at levelup the game stills rolls for stats that are already capped. Sadly it's not displayed on the levelup screen when that happens, but it does.
Because of this, when a unit promotes it's stats might well end up MUCH larger then what the promotion screen advertises.

Now that you pointed it out, you can sort of see that in action this chapter. When Sheela promoted in the last update had capped Dex (and it showed the normal bonus, 15 +3) but in her first levelup this chapter you can see she already has 20 Dex.

Now lets see if I can't finish this defense chapter off in time for my loose schedule.

Spoiler

When last we left off, we were the very middle of a defense map

AL9nZEUJcNpuqcM-IEF2EPpHMzijtLg0S9Zj99JG

And I open back up by...utterly missing. That complicates things a fair bit, as I planned on finishing this guy off this turn with Ma'aya, and now it can get a free hit on Slayne... sigh, lets look at some other fronts while I figure out how to fix that.

AL9nZEUAEi0Rlxee_qjc4L6JtqmJUJ-1MvQYCPbL

This should rather reliably clear the way for me to getting some help in the north. Probably not fast enough for those eagle riders, but there is a small complication

AL9nZEU66mRzB9w86-9ZPkWoFwo3wZeNHcximnBy

If he misses one hit, Am Solim breaks...unfortunately I think this is my best option despite how much I don't like it....

And it works. Well that is one hassle out of the way

AL9nZEU2GHtJHHffOrunEJYxEK40EU_DuWXs3yU6

Not much is actually happening in these fronts, but I did get an amazing level on Lyttia while dancing for the exp.

AL9nZEW-Nw8PR4aOemJP0T9aIhmB6lSgxKsnPRwB

After that miss, I pull Yaeri back in so she can help out if need be. I also put Ma'aya in range, both in the hope she can draw fire instead of Slayne (for some chip damage), but also to trade Slayne over to a lighter weapon (it wont make much of a difference, but the extra avoid might help). Also Sheela is set to enemy phase both those ranged enemies.

AL9nZEUEHtfkhqOPyM29ia6rLgHriC2QHhuOuKNO

And Sheela has just capped her Agility with that levelup.

AL9nZEUCHwlJyipVQ_pq1RPHmItTiOLEyMb31Ozk

Seems that Ma'aya gambit worked, as this one got chipped down on enemy phase just enough for Hoelun to get the kill.

AL9nZEXuKBMjuTYyyOf24lIee-nd1FwNm6UlUd9E

And she levelup things she barely needed...well I guess the HP isn't that bad...

AL9nZEU-EGUDOTe3jM62tN7kJV4Dzp89-yWkSQM8

And Slayne didn't miss his Arbalest hit this time, so

AL9nZEU0205fFArH6HtBsC7d2fJ51otSAKCbAt1W

Ma'aya can go for the kill, just like I planned for last turn. In retrospect, if she missed a hit back then she could have been in trouble (but then again, Slayne could have also got a multuchance proc for the kill as well)

AL9nZEXP0XdbPV7j3CUWgPnry9Di97-Bcr5CBQhN

and I will gladly take an Agility levelup. Honestly she is still at the point where most stats are kinda exciting for her, which is to say she still has a long way to go.

AL9nZEWVvZAusEZfcz3jSnQpyi1M7Bf3rhkRj4_i

Athol also manages to levelup while healing Ma'aya back up. Seems I didn't need Yaeri up there at all, but if the enemy eagles hadn't gone for Ma'aya, or if I had another miss...

Well back to fronts that are going better.

AL9nZEUHdLQ7Qs-oZShn8vuPICSfEHLSEDBRZxBG

In the west, the green units actually lucked into a cav kill on their turn, so Merida can show the remaining one how cavalry effective weaponry is done.

AL9nZEWKX-0me3l03FDROQyfwSAeOhsX-S_Y32Vf

I think about getting this enemy phase kill with Hilda instead, but Theo is more reliable, and I am only going for one kill this phase.

AL9nZEU7hf4w0ZrwAzRa2dG7TekBVdRIgxRKp4pK

Things are going much better in the north, my excellent Cyltan should be able to help out next turn, the infantry are getting close to helping there too, and Yaeri is back on her path to the south, and next turn

AL9nZEVCgbwxmX_Ib17iB13RElc8Dj-gpaAbEK9T

I finally talk to Masoud about getting some help from the locals

AL9nZEWTP9q-tPLDaCVtXaQ-3SDHYDq17wUeR_Op

And we have two groups of green help to consider

AL9nZEVj0S2jJWxEU7bnzMEpcSXHvnxQw15lmWRA

First we have that Cherwood that Slayne implied he was a part of before.

AL9nZEU42rTd2o1KYQeNJj0Ns50VTnF739LWfB5G

And given Slayne's performance so far, I am willing to take him at his word here.

AL9nZEUMfdT4iBPAA_cpZDO0_YHcYj9sVxhQRVp4

Or we can get some more Axey boys to come down and fight for us.

AL9nZEVnVYcD76UIlSxSb0qPuPdhSQpsbzjLz7FC

Although praising there poison isn't the best draw for me.

AL9nZEUPKQOWqafP0bYiZxEjDk-ufAzLOGwG3u7Y

And the choice of green allies is a Samson-Arran split, using the exact same excuse too.

AL9nZEWqXhUk05sVZkFvZ8vtv0tCEp4W88PXv0jI

Even more reason to go with Cherwood, as I want a bit of a distraction for Zade's crew to deal with something particularly dangerous that spawn in their neck of the woods, plus the trio in the center can handle themselves.

AL9nZEVs9X13oRJuJS6l6pPznu3rk8molUpp_9L6

And this was why I waited till after the turn 10 save to get this help. We only get 5 turns of green unit help from these guys.

AL9nZEVLBCD9nVKTedRgpyclNpdXSSXEYR4j1L6Y

I think I already made the case for this choice fairly well.

AL9nZEW3PS9jNn5Rg2paARmk-ViiM10YEJGQb2O5

Given their time sensitive nature, I appreciate this extra choice to it as well.

AL9nZEViLdTrOoGjOnDZExjTl3Tcocumc7wHtBIa

While I wanted to start sending Hoelun over to open the chest, this armored guy's defense made this attack a safer option, especially with Cyltan's Am Solim bow sitting at a single use...

AL9nZEW4gBBbadBFqMsyieBCNtYpMzA5le7i3E3b

As now he can finish it with one of his other bows (even if she hadn't crit one of her attacks)

AL9nZEUKodlTwmW67LNaIc1vIUmTZXWE1Cacn4c_

Oh well, he has had plenty of amazing levelups so far, he can survive a couple of duds.

AL9nZEXLi2WCbHX0PjAPj2HTcdmvWqVvL9XcvDIK

I then have Ma'aya trade with Cyltan to have her spend her action repairing that special bow of his.

AL9nZEXuoSrghn7Cm3jEAH_rHQFF90RZippGrVVe

Back in the south Hilda uses per personal weapon's brave effect to get a safe kill against an enemy's brave effect weapon.

AL9nZEWyJeMV-1JwKWlflPjhv1EktKXw9wTms7d4

For a solid levelup on her, given where she is at.

AL9nZEXxt7GuRowliqGYmUATZR-XVoc0bY8jMAkX

Theo also manages the one-shot on the other with effective damage

AL9nZEXohMzypymthiPlES6ZY6l1NGXeYsFwTqK_

And Lilia gets a fairly garbage levelup on the Theo heal.

AL9nZEVzGLYSYH_Q3eXQVJAIR8_KBnBSRVmlSHeB

I am also having Slayne get some enemy phase action against an archer, and specifically avoid enemy phase action with Sheela, as the bow in her direction has a high crit rate.

AL9nZEVtbEs9KoJ-tFJzsUpvi-Q-Guq8DTWNLp9R

I guess that is better than nothing...

AL9nZEUMEc9S8MYSrsZBzaC9J9i-DwrU3HqqpmNJ

And just as some bow knights start charging in, the Cherwood troops arrive to help out.

AL9nZEVpZ_NK0HDhGsg8WtbKsQ7nXr1lc9uJ2OgP

And they start tearing things to shreds with high speed, Multichance, and a crit rate.

AL9nZEXzTI2ceN59cUctHJ5LWZg8-1xYOiSJlGR4

Seems my timing with the Cherwood arrival was just about perfect, as this beast is what I want my southern troops to deal with, without any additional distractions.

AL9nZEX5AlMeAsVLStdmmHrcxrauIq1hRpIrAnSL

As it drops that flyer promotion item I so desperately needed, and is really dangerous to deal with.

AL9nZEUQ4ZvApzk_BUBj4zran77pyarhUVZRe8vV

Thanks to the Seriatim Bow having 4x hit brave effect to it, this is the best way to ignore that enemy crit rate

AL9nZEVfUP8xjvcg6dQCih631hDVuqebfFjkqdHm

And given she has capped agility, I could hardly ask for a better levelup on her.

AL9nZEXPTI5FyZiEsAkh7BXzU20pXjxq4nPqQVs1

That deals with the eastern front for now

AL9nZEWVoCbxoNG9YIktW8L-Rx0aXRRZWq9FCchW

Now to deal with the immediate threat in the north

AL9nZEUH5hOKvujsYXlQtQXSGvUy43E68PHrlvRZ

And chip that mage safely (not to mention Ma'aya trading the Am Solim back over to Cyltan.

AL9nZEWRbPisZeTIRRk0tjKJrhdRVlseMbWeda9n

Now for the south, hopefully the green units can keep those bow knights distracted. With any luck I can hit the critical Tomahawk hits on enemy phase to chip that Wyvern down a bit first.

AL9nZEWqkDAiDj7PT3ac0HJr4iroWs0mz42vgN3d

Huh...it just didn't attack on its turn. I guess I gotta do this the hard way

AL9nZEXUnLKJ3DmPMUhVG70e4o2imda7WzdS3S8W

This effective damage hit is a good start

AL9nZEWoRRP3sONqK57PsYv7ZPNaNSdRJtQbJUyk

Especially after a crit, which means

AL9nZEWa8jp-cgxa_2DkWauLBR2UmFvHd-_E_zjD

I am certain to be able to finish him with Lianka after this hit

AL9nZEX1MkmzXV_W4PATosvj9xGEVzfZlRoO0Pyz

And better yet, Hilda got the roughly 80% chance of killing, for a fairly stellar levelup on her. Defense is great, she is still in the range where getting prof is kinda nice, and Agility is usually good.

AL9nZEUlEJLyEt830HStrCasWp-n9hzqaTTfU2mY

And now Lianka can trade chain the promotion item

AL9nZEWdG3S6LZdaMSuYWS4Qv7DjiPJ5pFDyEvSe

For Yaeri to finally promote.

AL9nZEXDwpa8oPrr6yGvsRiOVlavU8IPG120pzjV

Back in the north Ma'aya grabs the squishy mage kill

AL9nZEV2OO5vA0y91tAmEqVpgzuMon8YHI-Sk7m0

For another level. She has finally hit that nice 10 dex threshold.

AL9nZEV5ixNsI4H-fklHr5IkakHJYopGhejjsyWB

And Slayne gets in a bit of chip here to

AL9nZEUHbNl3w7CPNoSmj-uMlE3gIMmkuLayjd-X

Save Cyltan some Am Solim uses (thanks to Slayne triggering multichance I even save a second with that chip).

AL9nZEWhFLdjoSfO12rGhAeIu9odHi0-a6220kcr

And that is a solid levelup for him as well, his Agility was falling a bit behind, and he just hit that 10 dex threshold (although the extra prof isn't doing that much for him)

AL9nZEVLKRUm5_NdyXZ_LUOIzPjwMrNKSMkfV732

Honestly, if that Adept bow got the drop on us, it could be trouble, so I am grabbing this kill now

AL9nZEVkAUizDyeaNd6vBIjmFBUwrPTmcVupb2Te

And that is another excellent levelup, as those are almost all the stats she could really use right now.

AL9nZEVpWJBPZQT1g_6z2bFCSrFtkc-cxy558tnZ

Let's also one shot the siege tome while I am at it.

AL9nZEVB6bP6LuViEWhjzbOVrmk1aeXoXvEHTctx

I guess that caps his Agility.

AL9nZEXhieHT26eMf8LwQN7-rKLhAbyvxtS8njDa

In the north, Hoelun is getting close to that chest, and I am trying to get Cyltan close enough to the edge to get the kill on that gold caravan, but it is an uncomfortably dangerous thing to do.

AL9nZEWsDdFSz0FmQYqXOTMNkrPFQ5qAxOnEtJCM

And then a Arbalest spawns in the west to get Merida down to uncomfortable levels of health, so she backs up and chugs a Tisane.

AL9nZEXBPpwQHUwP85PA3M6fO_3ZLiOoii-Q58_1

And let's kill that arbalets right now.

AL9nZEUgdA9HmQ7mtpwhJCbzpPmH56YB3-p2OPQD

Also Hoelun grabs this nice bit of loot from that chest in the corner

AL9nZEVFhHUxQ2UaFvHJnaHRoWFlblmtsF0j1DhK

but after grabbing this quick kill here, I need to pull back with him a little

AL9nZEXEbrZFniMEJX4ymfNbDGbruDb7JrCikjx3

That should hopefully split enemy phase fire in the north there, and Sheela should be able to handle the ranged axe hit coming her way as well.

AL9nZEXKsWOoNaiPiQURy1JQXatjJFu_uSzOHfIs

In the south, we are slowly meandering back over towards the enemies, but the Cherwood archers are showing their worth, and handling the enemies on that front rather effectively.

AL9nZEXXnoS0T2NW_cN_O2HTFjsPa3FjA3FBplzd

And even more Arbalests show up in the west to embarrass themselves on Troy.

AL9nZEXJjxltMXamunbwDOd9UnWVo_-dw4yFBjkQ

And its a very good thing I pulled back with Cyltan, as these guys would have gotten the drop on him otherwise. Also glad I had a second Raecryst to spread around thanks to that desert chest last chapter.

AL9nZEXNkRdMVtKJhrJAtUf7EvhtPA0IRcFpl-VF

This should chip this guy down enough for Ma'aya to get the ki-

Oh right, I forgot he got Multichance skill, eh I guess him getting the kill instead is fine.

AL9nZEVEedk-AxYnlw5v5VjmCIkQGzlyb42WRGFW

well, kinda

AL9nZEW3DMwghAiKVhO-lZr7hVK36SG9V-e0H6C4

I mean it is easy enough to kill both of them, and hopefully the greenies can draw the ambush fire.

AL9nZEWXIwZsWSjlHwRT5NJEiFqlrsG7D7bsfDgQ

This should be close enough for Cyltan to grab the gold next turn...

AL9nZEVE1Gmxjh0rw2rgEk5Ht7jtmFs7lNKlP6oX

This is probably overly cautious, but Siegfried is only enemy phasing the armor. Really enemy phasing with him is something I have minimized, as he can't heal himself

AL9nZEWdjX9Nzti1M-vniXyyICA4-R1_ccFhG0MJ

But I don't want to deal with stun, and I distinctly remember stun not stopping mages from using spell. Also the extra dex, and extra defense are both things Siegfried could use at this point.

AL9nZEXoKy3HC2c2Rv3rHymBTduo40IJU9Fz6fMI

GAHHHSHSH just Cyltan got crit by an ambush spawn....

AL9nZEU4Nh9KKYiPbf-S6wi-gBB5pdqj6EXhHouL

and that is not the greatest levelup for him at this point. I really should have had the Am Solim equipped on him, but I guess I was checking attack stats with the thief repeater...

AL9nZEUxgfitebd4R0pw22_3D1J9MVcmvCTY95X-

NOOOO, Sandor...I was kinda hoping those two would make it out of this alive this time...

AL9nZEXgf3ACPdeuMejJ4BREXQ7yKzRpbElezgo6

Time for some revenge...

AL9nZEUnkuA2VyDjchz-DUKyh3t441XWdkFe7sS4

Although I am pulling back at the same time, that ambush crit on Cyltan is making me feel very uncomfortable...

AL9nZEX4gajcZEH-QHsDK4H2q__hev0mkqDXIoaQ

And I will gladly take a bit of extra strength on him, as that is what was falling most behind (of the stats he might actually get..)

AL9nZEVyNu3EiK0gNJfyJ4M76U1wQWj4SI2mBrew

Now lets kill this mage before its effective damage can become a problem (and out of range of those scary swords masters coming in).

AL9nZEU8boNMJgtoHPXubzT987RpMgeEizTNt_9H

Ma'aya grabs another kill

AL9nZEURBjS_nb18GqUazww6fRoMqJm8J1jA0Fqj

For another level. Not to complain too much about an agility levelup, but she could really use a strength or defense levelup...

AL9nZEXTWuBC1kmckxSNJ3xjN4asYFph2x8AkFKg

I must admit, I sped through a LP of this chapter to check if there was reinforcements from that edge this turn, as the only way it is safe to go for this is if nothing is coming, and I am starting to run out of time for getting the gold...

AL9nZEUkZBGQKaODelhenJJre2DAwQgeVrlTgVck

I am also seeing if I can pull some attention off the last survivor of Cherwood

AL9nZEWegKD4zvosYYde1a7yKDISMUln6F6nbwG7

This is from a little earlier, but I wanted to show off how good these guys actually are, a lot of evasion skills, the basic crit skill, multichance, capped Agility and Dex. These guys are good, but they have slowly been whittled down, as they faced the imperial army mostly alone for a few turns.

AL9nZEXy2MplFLn-HtWu_h6Q6Vd-SrRWhcokqkT0

On the next turn Cyltan pulls back and chugs a Tisane

AL9nZEUQb1XdvsLADug7MY2X2oRxzunrqCMk9MRe

While we start working on these scary swordsmen

AL9nZEWjNdiil5qA-LQrlbkYWGjR6MpYSxpUnYc4

Well that was a bit unlu-

AL9nZEXf5SNf93inzvQNIYhykpkQRtAomkgMgezf

well, I guess she has already capped two stats, so its not that surprising (and her prof is higher than it ever needs to be for a bow user...)

AL9nZEVDiXQl4vyLvGLkGZLlCu8f79sOslxkzYip

Unfortunately we need both the boys to hit for this ki-

AL9nZEVSsdmzC5tNRWds_VDRM_312O1DJ4o7FzMS

Or he can just get the crit and save me the hassle.

AL9nZEWELWFjBTb75Jo6-i8QMimu1eYbAd78RxJ1

Alas the knights didn't take the bait, and the last survivor the Cherwood is making his noble last stand

AL9nZEW2gvOylBpbDiHHbw9aqCinOxL2HcJJFIDa

Another thing I was a little quiet about at the time,

AL9nZEWAVIdaBiRBUj3ndCBGCv5LQy2Av1N3eOaQ

but I had Yaeri get the rusted axe from the convoy while she was grabbing her promotion, so now she can do

AL9nZEXkpDJsXYZpBDalay0QlfLxbSv3yz7vre2R

This little fae event, which calls back to that old event from Genealogy of the Holy War, which itself was referencing an older Aesop's fable...

AL9nZEUpzHeE2219EMvkm786fgBdDmL7nVQE0r7x

Sadly this is our only encounter with the fae on this map

AL9nZEXfVoOKWiOiaQ1E-zUl-syN-Ps7dfopEPVA

And the last time I did this event I was honest, this time, I will take the other option, and I hope this

AL9nZEVNqQZtCy0Vd6YXU5yoPwLM75Vo072XsGg3

just gives me a Golden Axe

AL9nZEVK3QtVBUlEr1tE70UvJq3LK0R2sRRzbCnN

Nice...also it is funny that she thinks of the Golden Axe as just garbage.

AL9nZEWODwt13b2Z8Z9hP_d1p8NXKdAwxYxL1Xuv

...OH GOD...I had her too close to the edge of the map, and she should have just died...This is the most never punished of the runs so far, and it makes me feel extra dumb with how avoidable this was. I could have pulled her back even one more space, or healed the 4 health she is down, or even just equipped her personal tome for enough defense to survive this...

AL9nZEWbT1k7mcTO6rmqitD0_9LaPo23hnXMjjME

and that was a 3% chance of the run ending right there. I bungled the north really hard, as I thought I was just far enough away to not be jumped like this, but I was just not expecting the extra move of promoted  enemies when I did my placement....

AL9nZEVQDqu6Pak-Ez2pZF_0qFlrUpmZzwYM6IUO

and this scary round of promoteed enemies even finish off the last hero of Cherwood.

AL9nZEVwsSAINBMmsjlwzJYXkV7NQC38vEItTlRo

and dooms poor Buck as well.

AL9nZEV1vRwN1CwsmOT84RXJWxYVZOB854Swkx-K

I was simply not prepared for the extra move of promoted mounted units, although Lyttia's power keeps her safe at least.

AL9nZEXTfCcu4qpDUAliOC8DfhUE4M5bZXGVvAhF

Ugh, he can't even kill it on his way out...

AL9nZEVieTb0KtOJ0EfvToEkJo73AQCe2B6Tsuie

A welcome levelup for him really.

AL9nZEVcrKIe3NMpfkFuxg0ydSrux0ZZrqvHVD4U

I guess they are ramping up the danger right here near the very end...

AL9nZEWmwOt7dbY7tD8U3pWxYtcBoANVKFZKsDJH

That trivializes the flier at least, and she can pull far out of range

AL9nZEVXhtp9dXkoXaPOv4zvTi336idukTh4-M6K

Given how lucky I was on enemy phase, I deserve some trash luck like this...

AL9nZEXsbQ7GnX_LFpnrkZcHByvbxAXs6a0sHDh0

That is another safe kill right there.

AL9nZEVWfdQ8NV3ITLaQoDIrvQie7h7IabBG0_eJ

And now to deal with the east.

AL9nZEVL_GtJzMW58hw0u3LlKRcqY4zu8Hrie4L-

fortunately I have enough magic damage that the armor knights with +3 defense Phalanx Spears are not a problem at all.

AL9nZEX2tapGZRZ2rFbqkiMApf4-RBBC--Vqk434

If this misses, I am going to be in the uncomfortable position of needing to grab the kill with Accorte, which will leave her vulnerable to the same possibility of death she just faced...

AL9nZEXKdNvS-DOXQWNPks-L9eixYGal6ukZk-Hp

But he didn't, and that is a better levelup than I deserve at this point.

AL9nZEXq6DffRgqzATARsXRF0YNVyVz7C_FAKUIL

I should probably get an enemy phase kill here, but I think I can get away with getting those kills next turn instead...that gets us to enemy phase...

AL9nZEV27kwgZEmN9Ickky1dQMarrhWtEcECvh-Q

And ambush spawn siege tomes are just plan rude, even if we are about to start the last player turn...

AL9nZEXSp8Ti-F2No4u3MIXJeha1mUL6t9KxdLCF

Here we are, on the last turn, but things aren't going well

AL9nZEXnZQuc7wSRGLjy9-X4KYgv1hnrZCwhonoW

As we have a lot of pressure in the south here. Getting Lilia to safely with that promoted bow knight is unlikely, but if I go for the kill, I will have to face the turn 19 reinforcements as well. Alas I don't think I have much of a choice at this point

AL9nZEX7hku4fFC9SSECOyjXJtwDSS8v5VIoKqsg

Honestly, I am going to need the luck latter in the turn...

AL9nZEXyR8KK3wkTg3W9aL4S0_vaQHdnBcY6TAd_

As I really, really need to kill one of these red ones, and this unlikely chance is my best bet, so I need some luck to get it...

AL9nZEWSYYLEg1G-KGgQ4L5I2abpt5oS81-wheWI

Unfortunatly this guy has a chance to attack first with the Ambush skill, so I have to go for the range attack here, which means I am going to have a harder time blocking off the red cavs...which means I probably will have to go for that Zade kill...

AL9nZEUl8jx4OuQYkkOihyNdd3RyOsvKjyGAssQX

Well at least he got more speed

AL9nZEWtT2AIonIVkhICy4zHYZbA1rGw8U3O46M7

sigh...I guess I have to go for this...

AL9nZEXRD-5WOUj1Sj8sdPXRsPMM0sfwD47vB-VH

And I made it, but I can't block the red guy off, so I have Lianka switch Theo over to his personal weapon, range heal Zade, but

AL9nZEWLoi6ulFlUvcLPPnweY7BANVK6mvA-zzqj

I think it still has about a 20% chance of killing anyone (except maybe a lucky Lianka crit, or a Zade dodge with the Edelstern's Orison skill...)...I wish I noticed that this was triple threat earlier. When I was looking over the enemies I thought it was simply multichance, and as such prepared people for surviving two hits... Luck has been on my side a lot, but this is tempting fate a lot...

AL9nZEXvWN57F6RfoYRBoN0tDEG_u_LLl0lDUKTq

At least the north is a little safer, as this should chip this one enou-

AL9nZEWzxC9laqHl-ZskTaWkSnsFpZU7gZZ4RivR

or he could just Multichance for the kill, and even get a strength levelup off of it as well.

AL9nZEW30j4ujkDivTwet_6IECT-J9hWePT5mt3Q

That is the north easily dealt with, despite all my problems with it before.

AL9nZEX5YsXfkUgpUtgfKwchh13VnJ2L61Pl0YlX

And in the east, I am just pulling back, so the only ways this can go wrong are the triple threat guy, or if more reinforcements show up, but I kinda remember them not...

AL9nZEUpQ8Jwm2xyg0usS-OQ3TwdSc2dI8V72mTg

...Oh, this happens at the start of enemy phase? I thought it was at the end, as the last time I did this everything was already dead on the enemy side (except Calliera of course).

AL9nZEWrgtEbLVNo2Y4gRTRbodjeT2hWHMuvb1M0

Thank goodness for political infighting amongst the enemy leading to such incompetence. If promoted enemies like that kept coming we would have started to really break. Therenius really saved out butts.

AL9nZEX3AJwl_E-gPE9rr6ETbe1G74qda5aoYPaK

A lot of enemies...and green units, did die for very little this map. Even one more turn of attacks and I might have lost someone here.

AL9nZEVyuX43QJo4Q9rBVe_UtqrwGIsmYx5eZ5pv

And they actually do start fleeing the map. It was kinda cute, and a real lucky break for us.

AL9nZEVhJTHhrKQnE2lgdJp_mJN_YnGwqsCk_taW

But Athol has apparently gone missing anyway.

AL9nZEXfTC2zm5adlTzwNu2OF9ECLFDTqeR-ZqVe

The fool literally went wandering off as soon as she felt better, despite how much effort I went through to protect her being immobile on this map.

AL9nZEUUd0SZ0xeJ8ZTaIeEA-5kejiEvFLg3E9zX

At least it sounds like the empire isn't likely to find her

AL9nZEUGShweEBn9GW6J3PkgI7lp9GTiTwd45PgP

But these bandit types might be worse. Also, they might be trying to incorporate more fae elements, at it seems she was bewitched by the forest's beauty, although that could also be mundane in nature.

AL9nZEVaxtFi94IJSRanc1rN6QKQngaDKl8fCBAY

Yeah, her noble garb would give her away

AL9nZEVWZgMYbImDWT406BBWvDdqfrdk2auus69w

Especially when the word is out that she is out in these woods with the army.

AL9nZEXhC1MWWJXMgkyHf25miV6ulvwphIQ4eupg

I guess she is getting captured by the empire anyway, just with the help of these bandits instead of directly.

AL9nZEVU8-s7ocOY09lt9qtTw-3ffrc6ZcQvuMga

Yeah, that lie isn't terribly convincing, and even if it was, she might not like what the bandits might do to a common maid they cornered in the woods...

AL9nZEWHXb-6VOu0sx8j1bpw0ZvecnnVzdzMXVzx

And they literally carry her off, evading our troops the whole way through.

AL9nZEUOyzmKcITROn_oQa-UJjV0xkUEatSyehUu

Against all odds indeed. Somehow we dodged a 89 for survival in that utter mess of a chapter.

AL9nZEXRnIAzokthYQhB55aW0vnN_AlcdIYiFViP

Perhaps they will learn of the political machinations which saved them, eventually.

AL9nZEWElEPa53st1vW5BcvTclapqyZpjn_Tg2Un

Zade has some good instincts on him, as Cyltan could have died, and Athol has been kidnapped.

AL9nZEVdrBC22ZpMwjLtwfXXj4diaHs73M_kYPKI

Which he discovers immediately.

AL9nZEVpfZREXufiNhLbPHB00_YoMP6DDMxyjTZO

Hoelun really is the level headed one here, if anyone is to blame, it is her

AL9nZEV4csVsvnAmcVBd5TcCZpgNVjgHQs17a-7I

And we don't have the time to play the blame game anyway.

AL9nZEXT7sca1BF8P0i5uaDTPI3QjuGTAsJVJgyc

Sounds like they already know her fates...and poor Zade is stuck in a stupid question loop.

AL9nZEWJBaxHRZeAfYbrtjTEHs9einygb8WM35lk

We even already know she has been sold to the empire.

AL9nZEVBP_F9paCwWN8yjkwAYmGyopEZoCNZsJLx

Again, Hoelun has become the level headed one now that Athol is gone.

AL9nZEXQWiQX0PEmZxV1ik6eJPjDTwirL1fTQrqK

Such is the setup for next chapter, with our desperate rescue attempt.

AL9nZEXcT7lc7YngIC4fp8mVA2TEJA5glO34LQlG

Zade, you can't be everywhere at once, can't be by her side at all times, and that battle was too taxing for you to be distracted by thoughts of Athol.

AL9nZEUIrcHr1aUl0qOfh4qHWY-aoK39iNxa9cpw

Seems this has spurred us to action though, but it seems

AL9nZEWO3v1VWVKjN-2u1qoHdWpG0rbuD0SRusZ3

We will have to split our forces to take on both of these at once. Next chapter is going to be interesting, as it is one of my favorites (after all the siege maps)

Seems this is the most never punished chapter yet, but there is no way my luck can hold forever. In the meantime, take way better care than I seem to, and stay as safe as my troops do anyway.

13 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

This is probably overly cautious, but Siegfried is only enemy phasing the armor. Really enemy phasing with him is something I have minimized, as he can't heal himself

He can heal himself. He has Regenesis. It's not even on his pref or anything. He has it as a personal skill.

14 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

But I don't want to deal with stun, and I distinctly remember stun not stopping mages from using spell. Also the extra dex, and extra defense are both things Siegfried could use at this point.

Paralysis is funny. It's basically the physical equivalent of Silence in this game. Although besides physical weapons, it will also block you from using consumables or items with passive effects like Rings and therelike.

18 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I must admit, I sped through a LP of this chapter to check if there was reinforcements from that edge this turn, as the only way it is safe to go for this is if nothing is coming, and I am starting to run out of time for getting the gold...

I just always send a fliers and approach it over the cliffs at the Northern edge. As long as you make sure to canto back onto the cliffs, you can't get targeted by more then one two-ranged attacker, so even effective damage is not much of a risk.

Well, technically I send two fliers. The 2nd one is to make sure the 1st one won't have the ranged weapon equipped it used to snipe the wagon on enemy phase. So they don't kill any potential attackers with counters and end up being exposed to more then 1 enemy.

On 9/22/2022 at 2:48 PM, BrightBow said:

He can heal himself. He has Regenesis. It's not even on his pref or anything. He has it as a personal skill.

I completely forgot he had that skill...

Paralysis is funny. It's basically the physical equivalent of Silence in this game. Although besides physical weapons, it will also block you from using consumables or items with passive effects like Rings and therelike.

The effect it has on consumables and passive items are the really odd part of it, it make tomes avoiding its restriction feel almost in error. Although I like the comparison to a physical silence skill (even if the item effect is still really odd).

I just always send a fliers and approach it over the cliffs at the Northern edge. As long as you make sure to canto back onto the cliffs, you can't get targeted by more then one two-ranged attacker, so even effective damage is not much of a risk.

Well, technically I send two fliers. The 2nd one is to make sure the 1st one won't have the ranged weapon equipped it used to snipe the wagon on enemy phase. So they don't kill any potential attackers with counters and end up being exposed to more then 1 enemy.

That is what I did last time, but with only one really competent flier, I just never felt like I had things under control enough to go for it, as Yaeri was basically spending all of her time damage control until the grounded troops arrived, and when they finally got there, I thought it would be easier just to let them grab the gold instead. Although if I wasn't as concerned about getting her promoted, and having her trigger the rusted axe event I failed to trigger thanks to my prep failure (not to mention triggering the green army help), I might have had her pull off that maneuver anyway.

Spoiler

AL9nZEWyPvdKLt0GHB2oHUnn2Ulb5V3ilOZZ0Go8

The translators really like archaic words with megrims there (low spirits seems the best fit definitionwise)

AL9nZEX1gV37qPWDGLZ_cXVDn-5VqAbQdz-2kM01

...I wonder what feeling they mean there. Could easy be love, depression,

AL9nZEV92C_wkQteQiBlzxYN0C_Gr3bW8F3ue9UR

or perhaps some more visceral anger, if it is his temper that needs to be in check.

AL9nZEXckjkzj0xkIhVTIrCcFstc05DtceIptKsW

Now for our main strategy, which makes this map rather interesting.

AL9nZEXutZRKtKuVs5NJGmcQkAFTppAvsVsabsgy

As Garlan's force is about to be a big distraction, and his section of the map acts like a defend map.

AL9nZEUXvappAWF5JjujbozgR_h6zVqaAreoO1Ho

While Zade has a more traditional seize map, and Cyltan has something similar as well (but a little different).

AL9nZEUdNfDHab4XEmUNldVJWQD4Cgzowh1PAHnq

I would more expect them to make the threat of such retaliation known to stay our hand, but that might simply be semantics at this point. She is a hostage, although the enemy hasn't had time to leverage that advantage yet.

AL9nZEVqDKpplbvEjwLADUSAyNivQrl_FzM7z_bX

It is interesting that they now shade Meleda with the color of the enemy. Although the way this is described does remind me of how Thraca's A path is.

AL9nZEXRIBtEqjTmJW3nVlwhFGrgkJd8Z2m6Uh7I

Again, the small details like this I appreciate, where they explain how the other forces tried to sneak in.

AL9nZEWChrH1AgoWMk5xjSzC1uyXp7I9GXGHELem

Just noting the time...

AL9nZEVLpHrRSh9N6EnjPdQn_TiAl31Ju1BPcYfH

And there are names for most of the little villages there, which is charming.

AL9nZEXYJoycDZXJluvoVCCS6ehIky7nYkGr5hkm

After that concern over retaliation against Athol, it is interesting to see concern over retaliation against the citizens as well, although from the green units this time.

AL9nZEVkzDiPRSAdxxELuRQ6YRaWqmGpeh919hvU

Apparently that middle boss is a bit the kind of monster that would retaliate against citizens.

AL9nZEUYcUKS7AdjuTBrnZ_XQngCCrAmTAfcQwH5

They do try to setup Orphelia as a rather important character with a bit of history with Zech, and Zade

AL9nZEXBmhKbqgKZv7xrJH6VKzbl2mWGmfItgYu8

Now this is reminding me of a line in Thracia, where Lief laments that he isn't a true hero, as his weak holy blood doesn't give him the strength of heroes like Ced and Seliph, but fighting on despite that weakness is what makes him more a hero than either of them.

AL9nZEVqMz33hrsGJojZtHNr469n5ZCe8KWSyXIR

And most importantly she will give Zade his promotion item...at the end of the chapter (assuming she doesn't die here).

AL9nZEWxajfqvCBELK6pv06bsT4XtrClNyrjHnOX

Time to talk about deployment. I feel a little bad about consantly leaving the axey boys behind, but the just fell behind. Fortunately 15-x gives you a chance to catch basically anyone up. I was a bit surprised I was allowed to undeploy Hoelun, as I kinda remember her being force deployed with Cyltan so you can certainly lower the bridge, but I decided to swap her out for Cezar instead to move through terrain better than her horse (and I am simply glad I can leave her behind for once). I also ended up switching out Haldyn for Aynellia...which reminds me, I have put off talking about the troops we get at the end of chapter 12 for far too long, but I guess this is the first time I have deployed any of them, so I might as well talk about them now.

Spoiler

Aynellia is a slightly less broken Lianka, with some powerful buffing skills. She has most of the evasions skills like Lianka (only missing the 1.5x terrain bonus), she gets the always brave attacks, with her personal weapon she gets the Thracia vantage skill, although she doesn't ignore defense like Lianka does. Most importantly she has the adjacent allies get +3 attack skill, which is her really unique feature, and even without it, being a slightly worse Lianka is still incredibly powerful. Also she gets regen with her personal weapon equipped, and always has the basic crit skill, figured I would mention that for posterity.

Neira is a mounted healer, and that is about it. She starts extremely low level, can use bows (which is better for her than a melee weapon, as she is less likely to kill herself if she does attack), and gets the +20 evasion skill for slightly better survival. Being a mounted healer is useful, but I have never used her that much on my last run.

Jamulan is a character I have always seen as similar to Helme. Both are solid mounted prepromotes that could easily be slotted in at any point after their recruitment, and be good. He starts a little stronger than Helme, but uses axes instead (which gives Helme a bit of an advantage, as he can use the powerful Great Swords), and has the more classic half health wrath like skill, instead of Helme's multichance and basic crit skill. I know I keep comparing the two, but I have always seen them as rather interchangeable from a gameplay perspective.

AL9nZEVjlweApKXiGQLIOZfa0eTK-_niufIJQHaD

AL9nZEUQwxn4UGM4ls5jgoCvrGzv7COZiLGFbgts

Now lets talk about who is going in which group. Garlan's group is a defend map, so I sent the power couple, as their enemy phase power makes the most sense in that group; the armored knights, as both their defense, and defensive buffs are useful for defense; I put the cavs in the north, as being able to kill, and canto back into a defensive position is useful for defense; Aynellia is coming for her buffing power, as defensive formations let me take advantage of positional buffs easier; and I bring Lilia as a healer, and Theo for some mage power.

In Zade's group, I went with Slayne to help deal with the defensive pickle at the end of this map; Ma'aya for some training; Accorte for some magic (as I seem to remember some rather physically tanky foes in that direction), Siegfried as the healer (and spare magic), and Lyttia for dancing, just in case, This was overkill really

Cyltan's group is the one that in retrospect I could have planned better. I brought Sheela and Dune to help snipe that dragon on the pillar (and shoot up the crags a bit if need be); Zayid is there for Sheela support, and extra physical fire power; Cezar is there to open the bridge, and be a nuisance to the enemy; and finally Yaeri is there to sneak some attacks up the crag, and canto to safety, and to more easily switch fronts once I have cleared this one. There are two really big weaknesses with this plan, and pro points if you can see these two issues already, and can answer it now.

AL9nZEU6KpQd6c3wG5NU97B0k9nB71q7326sM43j

It is closer to 6 to 1 if we include the troops around the boss into the mix. If they were to really press in with that numbers advantage of theirs we would be in real trouble, without a fair bit of room to retreat through.

AL9nZEUZWgxrUx0GzCH5vzCuPgDGf0EPkdRBqck4

I will try to end this quick Garlan, but the other two fronts aren't a cake walk either. Also that soldier has missed the most important lesson a military man can, the trick is to make the enemy die for their country, not yourself.

AL9nZEXnp-BRHB5UIGSRVX59Cjk4_EqtPrKQ_xJY

First thing first, repair the Soaring Flame, as it WILL see some use this map. Although there isn't too much action yet,

AL9nZEVVPY1-AFvneLipvVEmSxEH6uAi8yypx9A4

Other than dancing Zade so he can jump the nearest assassin

AL9nZEWtCZohjjNmt47d4icJJ2UunW9jua6g6jVe

and she can get an excellent levelup on her dance (hopefully that defense levelup doesn't mess with enemies wanting to attack her too much...)

AL9nZEXvsyyV7YiGD9tol_QF3j7MgTq6F_Ga6yZj

As long as he gets these hi-

AL9nZEWjCXQnIeIVbK1KBPp2HrbHIVU3bKspHoYK

...I should not have been as cocky as I was. I could have probably chipped him with Slayne to make that kill easier, but I was too trusting in Zade'a accuracy with the Edelstern before I saw the numbers. That complicates things.

AL9nZEUD6H5eG7nNit3Ky7NMt7j1NI6EkeWdiS3g

In the north, I am staying out of all ranges, while preparing for my defensive position to use some of those buff abilities.

AL9nZEVSKHNvgLZ_DPy3hJwUvg0somidW9JGirt2

On the fort front, I am ignoring the dragon's range for now, and trying to bait in the armor with Zayid, but otherwise playing it safe. The attack on Redessa is a mess thanks to that Zade miss.

AL9nZEU2M1Gwr5lqs4_jtckvO7O9a4kV7hlfz3pS

Meanwhile the boss of the overwhelming force Garlan is facing

AL9nZEVo1NJUElxtDIqdAsOj8FSogMZ7LQznj-xZ

has successfully smelled out that something fishy is going on. The 1000 number kinda implies we split into thirds here (although unit count wise it is more like Garlan has 50%, Cyltan, and Zade have roughly 25%).

AL9nZEUSRmEP22AcWUpjirRefaS5QMLMwtA-ZmHp

Fortunately for us Marragas smells a trap instead of a distraction, which means his caution is playing perfectly into our hand.

AL9nZEWO_LIztYR8oe7iQkueJ6QHYpd0gsRWOPwd

One particularly important thing for this first enemy phase is that the enemy with a silence staff targeted Orphelia, instead of any of our northern troops, and in doing so moved far enough away that I probably wont have to worry about it for a while.

AL9nZEV8eVw0T9aL9ID9aYiXHvPPg6q-_lnY71h6

Hopefully she does live, as I need that promotion item, and it will be a bit before I can reach her.

AL9nZEXyyw57egfRa3OgSXW5uz9kc46kJXGlM460

Zade caps level, and while I would have liked different stats in general, for right now

AL9nZEWDu42J5RjDsW9uhtwNM__KkiyKvqvg3XjX

that Dex actually helps a little, as if he misses this kill again (and doesn't dodge one of these...) he will die, for a rather embarrassing game over. He does get the kill, but that was roughly 1/40 chance of a game over in this combat here. The never punished continues it seems

AL9nZEWdBkjP1ZSB2szvn_W23UO1-wKurNByVcCG

Ugh, of course the monstrous commander is a member of the clergy.

AL9nZEVzzu07sfLcjf07I8gcOq0mRa5NokJq9nnf

This Nirving is kinda making me think of Garon...by which I mean I could imagine him giving the "rebellions are like seeds" speech any day of the week.

AL9nZEURPoArtif2KnSJDCaH9pmZQ1M3oE9-o-td

Now it is revealed that Nirving is the one that has Athol imprisoned. Zade just picked the wrong front by going for his home castle.

AL9nZEXDMWdcWqKuGvrr_HBLAB3YO3GUDRg40zbh

And she is going to escape immediately. Also fun fact, Equester is an old Latin word for a mounted knight, which fits with the Roman words for troop sizes that the empire tends to use.

AL9nZEUC83sRcYwRiDJutbQoFMfsZqCfGnr8wiKn

As he gets ambushed on the stairs by her savior

AL9nZEUwuarBb1ZuCYiTwTuLHE_oRr2uXty9fJx9

The mysteriously armored man

AL9nZEU7p0qyKXIYHtAQbupGATMBBup27aJ_YVum

Who is also mute.

AL9nZEXh6mjLu53CG0fCthi8JPz9EHXExBVfG-Mc

and supposedly named Derrick Zoy.

AL9nZEU9MlGpZCsb6dZnaBJz6qPI7SLrHJNvJRCu

And we can't let this cute little Zoy Athol pair die before we reach them.

AL9nZEVPcBtKKh6j6KuW_iF4ZuGOVy9GauE7ST7y

Although Norving notices the escape fairly quickly

AL9nZEVuxHrpX_QMgdNK7yaaMMZS1s5kiNT6tTNQ

And it convinces the dastard to take the field, who will become a nuisance latter into the map.

AL9nZEUVFoIeUS1BiLGh4SgGPm9Qy4_65WCuzpG_

I start turn two on Zade's front, first healing him up for safety, and then trying to chip this assassin for Ma'a-

AL9nZEVydAFdVC1bT2zE-P-b3_ee8PSW2-AAhbwW

...or he can just kill it himself. Also, Arbalests are rather effective for finding the Assassin's as well.

AL9nZEUEO_3fL8TvlEihHzQx7JDcW8gQOmA73iLK

I guess Zade can try chipping this sniper instead

AL9nZEUp_krPGQGvKhxw_rsn6JxBaII4Qe6S_GsT

to feed Ma'aya her kill

AL9nZEVq0S-cDqwevgnpnLxD63vm_P5yyAlnJzgE

for an underwhelming level

AL9nZEWVnfdfo8zIH1eS0YMPsca1XpsVu5jgD_xD

Alas the armor didn't take the bait, so Sheela has to kill him herself

AL9nZEXIFmHSCU8aLz7uFodLT0zde8N1_pu_I7uU

...or it can block the kill with a great shield proc. Although I am glad to see more strength on her.

AL9nZEVhs6e6w6-0TODtGoNCyIiCmc7tixFoDhLL

I guess Zayid can go for the kill instead

AL9nZEUArYULBL4JCMjvXX2YJQCNHFWHlfuL0Gl1

and gets it, for a very similar levelup to Sheela (with similar positive reaction to it)

AL9nZEW3C83N9I5XXGV5YKv4aWmeOBRq1SDzI6nF

Although here comes the first big issue with my deployment plan. With this guy having multichance, and effective damage, I can't risk using Yaeri, until this guy is dead, as she can't quite canto far enough, so she is kinda useless for a beefy part of this battle.

AL9nZEVAqmJvDcc0JRFZZiYmSo5uxc4-9o5wVGR4

Well Cyltan can easily break the archers up here, and can canto back out of all ranges.

AL9nZEUrutVK4lwpIEUsZK-_qusxTiiLISDRQCJP

Cyltan continues to be strength blessed...what a beast.

AL9nZEWtAtmCj4ZY3Ed0IDjBOairIsutkBNH7h2W

In the north, I will enemy phase a few of the things coming with Troy, although you can see a fair bit of my battle line pland for next turn, with Troy taking his place above Aynellia, and Prody just giving his defenseive boost to Hilda.

AL9nZEWmC3Civ8j3LKb8vcLN1k5EWNkDpSQorsc7

In the south, Ma'aya got an industry proc, so she can enemy phase chip one of the thieves, and in the center  have left most of the infantry in arbalest range...

AL9nZEXHJk9nD3PkOdPbySRLoIp055dkRliG0MFS

Although now it is time for Calliera to accurately call into question Therenius's competence.

AL9nZEXnkOmE6Ds5YA4TRrxq00SCMBfphlSc-EtW

As she has clearly seen through our plan (or at least has a modicum of caution)

AL9nZEWfYi5QUROmw_Be6y5JNTrRIHAMYbrKnw-F

Although to be fair, Therenius's hit them with the whole fist idea isn't the worst one in the world, but his commander in the field is far too cautious for such a brazen strategy to work, and it can utterly fall apart to a clever enough strategy (see the battle of Cannae), which this kinda is.

AL9nZEVo4M2DrA0FL_0I6bWtujhqYWnzvrapBQjX

If she were in command, Zade may well have failed here, as she has our battle plan pegged, and it relies on an element of surprise. Although again, Therenius isn't necessarily wrong either, clever plans like our can easily fall apart, and when they do, can take the whole army down with them.

AL9nZEUedmuIexZhiMatN9n6QQkif_XMgzXbv0Z7

Although here is where Therenius is really wrong, neither of these points have defenses even close to on par with the fortifications we have taken out already.

AL9nZEUZ6tJ9uTipzFvF2fOKebpYP_JWGouSRa8a

Although this point sounds more of petty grievances from Calliera, as the quality of the enemy troops isn't the enemy's problem, it is how they are being deployed, and used.

AL9nZEVdsaBtChPz95-6YNsA-fZ_144tojVAIuHK

I do think that Therenius, but Calliera's exasperation is right, this is neither the time, nor place for that debate.

AL9nZEXW_2lJDgYYMblrY0dBpe7ivDCWn5TIOuO2

Therenius's pettiness is one of our greatest advantages in the invasion of Meleda. Also I kinda love's Calliera's bafflement here

AL9nZEXHbhi7afaUH-glWD5kovbRSqmC1jl6sKoz

As it really emphasizes a dichotomy in their mentality, with Calliera following meritocracy, and immediate practicality, meanwhile Therenius follows arbitrary and ancient stratified structures of class and gender.

AL9nZEVv-dpPvhy6qOGIk1-YYyC5IhX4XbwQEI4q

Ick, he really thinks she slept her way into her position? He must be blinded by his pettiness, as watching her work last chapter made it clear how competent she is in the field.

AL9nZEVopi4IQ1IE3bjEmNeImlapc7emP673Y8eq

If you weren't so obsessed with her being a woman, and you stopped acting like an incel, they might not call you Lady-whipped, although you may well have earned the moniker of incompetent.

AL9nZEXMgnvpip_G4MBg0RPj0-kQwpmW7e2NjBbM

This man really is an imbecile.

AL9nZEUDQYy6Ovq9JMpAccYXPDgIYZWbRMUwFAQa

It is interesting that he is so willing to consider sleeping with Ajax, also I feel compelled to compare their stats to judge his comparison

AL9nZEU3tr02z7K59nocGGguilckroLDq6MYYt6cAL9nZEWH8J30K1FT15fUtho0kQoZROoxWXzptPlL

She is obviously the better leader based on their skills, I mean she buffs allies with Imperator, and he has Imbecile to debuff allies instead, although his claims towards being a better swordsman might be marginally true. Also, it is great characterization that he is sitting on 4 rings to buff himself, the most in universe pay-to-win mechanic in this game.

AL9nZEWyHUoLTRLfbl0YMnA1mS4EmNAqjYbMVMKo

Even Ajax he views as his inferior... Truly an imbecile who would run the empire into the ground if given his way.

AL9nZEWyriTuw9Xc6EqsYgBtuNGDdVNKL9dnyzoG

It is also odd how much contempt he shows for people attracted to woman. I don't know if they are trying to hint at him being gay, or an incel...

AL9nZEXQrDjNeNlZvhVS9HxuV2AXZMKZzR9BTWsiAL9nZEVkpV0AtODjUnvNnqQ94rw6sH9crcEnj35U

And now he is going to try and do what Kempf did to Olwen, but less competently.

AL9nZEWjgNGcZYruBA-enUclLsHEzEj9zn-7YROh

And they use the sound of coins to indicate the guy is being bribed here, to further emphasize the corruption.

AL9nZEWFij22zm88Cizakoxc3XlLWIyf71hMXFne

What a vindictive wierdo. His incompetence will wins us Meleda back, as Calliera could have probably stopped us here, or in that last battle without his meddling.

AL9nZEUZ1kgImbsNtiFtvVg5N7xxukGCReq39ie4

Just to emphasize the value of keeping Yaeri out of this guys range, the first attack he make triggers a multuchance proc...

AL9nZEVMstxn8aernfhZIrguqpC4AG_VKZWCi0TC

The green units sure are ambitious with talk like that.

AL9nZEXBUIp447v0MLnYjJeHKHmIPeOAs2M5PiRg

It says something about the loyalty of the Imperial troops here that the only possibility he can think of, is that another supporter of the empire has killed imperial troops to kidnap Athol for their own personal gain.

AL9nZEUeDgLxWINH19PvcwVcSW4pXmU0V0tOCeS3AL9nZEVIJyyR18tlkuQXlc5jUWLATVuV4wWIpr9m

I like how they frame this as Zoy protecting Athol from the enemy, with their funny little dual sprite on the map. Also, despite Zoy's muteness he can manage to force out a cogent sentence if he has to.

AL9nZEXDg5mE2SGffBrOXXlvgOEMCtiWKiWIsbJ3

Now back to player phase, I can have Cyltan get this kill, and canto back out of range

AL9nZEVOzYt3Q7HyQP-RTMywu5uLLHwrdkF2BvrJ

which is a good thing, as it managed to get the hit, which is unfortunate, as this is the front that is relying on healing items.

AL9nZEWUYv9wPPB2B0Enp3MmkzjNBucXZwOUf4c6

Speaking of which, Zayid needed to chug a Tisane this turn. Alas, I am in a bit of a pickle here. The Arbalest is keeping me from really using Yaeri, and the mage has effective damage against any of the infantry that can get into range of the arbalest, and thanks to its 2-3 he can finish off anyone getting the arbalest kill at two range, so I can't rely on Sheela's high res to tank the magic hit...this may take a little maneuvering.

AL9nZEV_veYKpBOjPCoMF_8aTIggx11mwVUz6OiF

In the north, Troy grabs one more kill before returning to my enemy phase position

AL9nZEWJGyPeDfRG1_6AyG6foPqkPqNJ1Wnhf6-y

For a solid little strength levelup on him

AL9nZEXl8jleVbvVcrGaCiv9EblzdQ6eq-trk5dM

I also grab one more kill on player phase up here, to ensure that Hilda can survive enemy phase, even if everything possible goes wrong.

AL9nZEW6ABbyDXjP9v-6ix8MqFewBCHNwJLwTTiT

Meanwhile to the south, Accorte chips th-

AL9nZEX_Z4pb_NmOVvJb7fCYbx1ot0XHwn4uGG9K

I mean Slayne chips this guy

AL9nZEXc_jp6Pr9y25WfATiB5YHO0SLbnjyS9b8n

For Ma'aya to get the kill

AL9nZEWYUbjCoaU7oLCnPwZLRxUOt94mUQW745_D

For a defense levelup that she really needed.

AL9nZEW87f_Y-oVGwSE-67UNSH4o5uxnHg6r3KwN

And Siegfried gets an excellent levelup healing her up.

AL9nZEWzFrSTkkCn0-4WlOaH1mWKkS7hoMBzj2NU

I also finally get around to visiting that house in the north, and I hate to disappoint him, but I plan on killing that one

AL9nZEV8cB120Ko9n47rnf9nXeF3vdZm8Wuhtvui

Because I want the treasure, as it is a free promotion item.

AL9nZEUEI6n6wduU9qHQnGJCntQAm5uhg-njmmBcAL9nZEVGbsFLAfI83m53aeYjq1vF_H8CxbcCMmAV

This turn 15 hazard I will probably have to deal with...really it is a harsh time limit, as I doubt Zoy can last long against a Wyvern

AL9nZEXmn74Wnx1Yrkfpc_P8oFvsDYOOmL_-I8Bg

I talked this about this northern formation a bit already, but I am giving most of my front liners that +3 attack, and Hilda gets Prody's buff as well, as she is the squishiest of them (well other than Lianka, but she kills before enemies can attack her)

AL9nZEWIc9ZNvso9aSjvByIdf5_anJCn80FBbmnC

While Ma'aya is drawing in another enemy phase thief attack.

AL9nZEWUosbRBvSeZ9q2LPi7J0H0RaWDuuUSDMDN

Those are nice stats for her, but she is starting to look a little strength cursed..

AL9nZEU0g2BLpjIa76Rl2R2hqLO2yiCcbWWKfETH

Zoy does luck into a kinda early kill on his foe, but the enemies aren't going to leave him alone.

AL9nZEXwd1Ldj0VJI5m3HM-6Sz5rq1BlnMt068p2

Seems my enemy's misplay has solved my conundrum in the center, as this lets me wipe out the mage fairly safely with Sheela

AL9nZEVKFNNAF8dY86h246Xe7pQYP8hiWORc_jYY

In large part thanks to thus guy's odd range.

AL9nZEXZalvjbOwMrWAg4bzC0JZ-_nUX-W53xcTs

Unfortunately Cyltan isn't healthy enough to get the Javelin kill this turn, so he Tisanes instead.

AL9nZEVxJO3bJ7ezkGyKC45OdukVrOKa9HEle4-w

Meanwhile, in the north, Theo cleans up the only one of their attackers to survive enemy phase. I also heal up Hilda, but otherwise, that is about it for this turn up there

AL9nZEUhZOzWj8G7JfGVSUCuCbmlE_fjDZo_5OiT

Accorte again tries to chip a thief for Ma'aya

AL9nZEXtlQndfMmdexGy0gkMOvppk1VNIzi5rAUa

and succeeds this time, and fortunately Ma'aya got her missing out of the way on enemy phase

AL9nZEWxgO4VPrchuv3uzL1o_teLWW7yCZcAuY0A

so she picks up a down right amazing level on the kill.

AL9nZEUwink4igItni_lnwRHfSxSSHTeC_iJk5Xq

In the south I am slowly drawing the enemy in, this time with Zade instead of Ma'aya.

AL9nZEU8PmScYuRGI_eRNLcnPnhvr49s6GYlX28C

The next player phase, we can finally clear out this little starting area for Cyltan''s front

AL9nZEXRmF6_m7kunrcgymUgAaV98dGlcn_SU2oS

I guess the Resistance is alright, and she could use the luck...

AL9nZEW--qHpukiSey-2QolndY9TYh_5C1YwvKOl

And with Yaeri free of her yoke, she kills the Javelin. This lets me listen to that little house

AL9nZEXWVU3X-pqPdtWYgYAT3Cr4sLs4Onjn2qhS

Talk shit about that asshat Therenius

AL9nZEUHRoyMSiAk8z7BeI7TBBCmcfpFNp8BM0j3

And that fits with his belief's about how social classes should work

AL9nZEXIR8UNSo1jdwioK4JV7wnRXRvS0EcmONpN

They are already making their stand as we speak, and we are getting close to saving them, as we should be able to cross the rive over to them in the next turn or two.

AL9nZEVcylYTDezeJMM_DBZP5lVBzlhAcjbr_8ud

Back in the south, Accorte claims a kill for herself

AL9nZEWZ4ysxaKbRrFWbhoqCN8dFi9ng7u49XYDU

She does like to gain Agility.

AL9nZEWUTxMK6iCbKEinFMJd5iLUgwVA4SlRYWMN

So in the south Ma'aya is drawing in the next thief, and Zade is in position too jump the next Assassin on next player phase

AL9nZEWsZI6KOyAEprWyfnGNEYGLIRtCyDarQfFT

While in the north, I am planning for a little chip with Bonacel, and to jump the rest of these guys with my little army.

AL9nZEW4gJXyD6BQTtORuRpcbsdyNQVolWpTC6DJ

Although he ends up with a rather underwhelming levelup from it.

AL9nZEVyN1_O_UaSe-2-GnnNcOuD_omBXFD65oOI

...These snipers moving complicates things a bit

AL9nZEV4GRAAYpExw3cRxwnBVKvcXrh1W4L8uQao

Back in the center, I need to take this guy down to safely lower the bridge, so Is start with this chip

AL9nZEVcrt--KYeZ8YIrMqwM4g5T6JGdo5E_pYmR

Although he great shielded one, but the Am Solim should be able to finish the job nicely.

AL9nZEUDtOjoNxndxMZrRH8C2ZF1eZq6Na6mnnRO

He did need the Agility at this point.

AL9nZEX858QBe_ybVyMj_BOA4k235veJZAO1yira

And that lets me lower the bridge. You might also notice that I am moving Sheela and Dune in preparation for attacking that Wyvern on the tower.

AL9nZEXJgMJ5vqGcD_umizRcYw4bj6SBE-fnaIel

In the north, I am going to clear out as much of this range attack as possible with canto

AL9nZEW6oWu9-8NhDW1bcJJ-1uvFhBd4iLJ_Qtx9

And Urven gets a rather sucky level from the kill.

AL9nZEXnNTWeiX99q0UuBSFpMrvBlBXrAtGGQ4Yh

Merida gets the next kill

AL9nZEUZryuGdysR8goUBZxGqW4GnALstg2GTsiw

And the sucky cav levels continue it seems.

AL9nZEW78TdomAXf9rB5BwfkcZIDxSE0SQr-vlNq

That deals with the immediate ranged threats

AL9nZEWh0x_RKvIOq_Yx9ROBlDBgIvmCfgcGdw0f

And that seems to have at least partially broken the bad cav level curse there

AL9nZEXHhI_oRsNU3D6QY_dabs24uJ8g4ZbZlGnC

But I messed up my canto plan a little here. I kinda need him to extend the line in this direction, but with the waste terrain there he can't do so while escaping sniper range...oh well, Troy should be tanky enough to live that.

AL9nZEW692_WpJ0KoZFBq5PiiiKCjqXp6THHqCgW

And if I had tried the Lilia heal earlier, and seen I got Industry proc, the formation I put Troy and Theo there would have been less dire. Oh well, everyone should still live the enemy phase, even if it is a little scuffed.

AL9nZEVxq15va0fRj3wZ4qVkANdzD4rF-qQ1omSL

Although in the south, I am pulling back a little, as not only did that other thief not take the bait, some cavs (you can see them a little in the bottom right hand corner) started advancing on us, and I wanted to be better able to face them without worrying about unexpected enemy movements.

AL9nZEXE4D3wACoHN1mwbHWJirqzch_Np6_VHSaW

At the start of next player phase, Prody goes for a kill

AL9nZEWRU8sRg5naKDp7LCQA4Hcd75SNn-kB34Vg

and he gets an excellent level from it.

AL9nZEWBx3cjJ9KywPphwWG4UirLoOqpbCUid5-f

Next Lianka kills the one with the magic sword

AL9nZEVG3_O1YWKj4mq2YmwMJi8xgjOkvheT6W0-

For a levelup.

AL9nZEUAlsY8lSrDB5P22X_CRAo54cDYxht2v_w8

Now to delete those terrifying little snipers

AL9nZEW8B7oRukp_LBbI20TAp-OabKMQCAK8nP_8

With my cavs so I can canto back to slightly better defensive positions...although the places I can canto back to aren't the best.

AL9nZEXDbT3wKI3ZOfK3uCIpXHumh7eVj1i1hI1E

The south is kinda simple this turn, Accorte will kill one enemy phase, and we can wipe the other on player phase.

AL9nZEXrt5uzakqeWz3Kqg-hAlTlng_oXnxRmCBC

Finally in the center, I can get to talk to Orphelia to secure Zade's promotion item, but unfortunately Zade isn't in the right front, so

AL9nZEWkBOa_h0wBqiQIyxKbG7PXw2TSAptE5Vzv

She will have to hand it off to him at the end of the map instead.

AL9nZEVkqVk4UYv9XEtLTnrvLXNDErbS079US0NP

It is a bit Cav reliant, but I have my formation all set up for the north this enemy phase. Unfortunately Dune needed to move a little to reach him, so the Assault on the tower dragon will start next turn, and the rest of the central troops are just moving as quickly as they can.

AL9nZEXC3NGskuXo5gxuJjGYDyGl6ufBwZ5rzfqs

And Lianka levels up on enemy phase. Although she is so innately broken, that I really have a hard time commenting on how good levelups are for her.

AL9nZEXqTU3wsbZZ5N_AxFLz3VeQHwsTwSasDph2

Troy also manages another level, and he seems to be working on that strength stat of his, which I thoroughly approve of.

AL9nZEWaC6sewtbni1P2q20FSZhc--dVQOyW5PBV

Now for player phase, Accorte earned this kill

AL9nZEU3L6r_0LSO3gRiL_9Y22OQxN0fFLeohdDE

And the solid levelup that came with it. But I really ended up bungling things a bit in the north

AL9nZEUrh_1EywnDEW6UaRLSqpUNtsFuE8yz71Vb

Nothing that will kill a unit, but it isn't great. One major issue is these all have 1-2 range, and cavalry effective weapons, which hit like trucks even on normal units, and it was a hard choice to have to pull back, made all the harder by them being close enough to hit Garlan at 1-2 range if I didn't impede their path. I start planning a three unit defensive formation with my armored units, and immediately bungle it by moving Prody back without even thinking. Troy is the other unit of this now 2 unit blocking force, but he needs the damage halving power of the Iron Dukes to pull it off. Lilia is taking one hit, but with a Pilum hit she should survive it, and while my units are not going to be happy, I did survive my momentary stupidity of moving Prody without thinking.

AL9nZEXpGlK666wrnQJyTeIzWuEqaO6RfDYmW_kq

Unfortunately I don't have the fire power to kill this right now, but both my units can take two hits (plus a round or two of poison on top of it), so I might as well get started

AL9nZEVeZTC-qM5Dj2yCVY3qgthuANJ5AW1Fjpor

Unless Sheela does something like crit/flurry proc, and she actually got the double crit instead

AL9nZEUREuIHWTkZZ3iAV2AUt5uetuPU7e5cwIgi

Using the seeker bow is a little unnecessary, but it felt nice to be so certain of the kill.

AL9nZEXxocPhb-OBEQwnoTP6FDvEu_-uQkdkvH2L

He has needed a levelup like that for a long time...Well the rest of the central front is kinda simple

AL9nZEXCuFUAdAVYAumEtqVzckNB5GIPPkUxuTC8

We visit the village Orphelia was defending to hear a tiny bit about her past with Zade

AL9nZEWI3xgoOCN7dPjSGXC-Y6is9z3Ezj743-cV

And talk to the next green unit

AL9nZEWTMEA5zBdQLN0zNC0cUVT5k1qIlCO5mUfm

With a nice little promise of loot from the village visit to come.

AL9nZEXI5AlKvz6QZVz8yTO4djezV2ZnLn1fVCOE

You might notice a similar formation here in the south, as the one I tried before the cavs started coming in...well that gets us to enemy phase

AL9nZEVh0VvNpPms1uzmf4tlohUnROPErzEpt8Sa

And Lilia does live the hit just fine

AL9nZEXBkgJQwDchNt6XQpU02z2YYJYNCG85RbP9AL9nZEW2Ug-Gq08_xy616dCodwd96dIc6ZJKvTFO

So we just have to finish off the survivors.

AL9nZEVjB2xvItkuWQ7-K610pEdxV_vvFcFG3Pev

But I have finally noticed the other, much bigger problem with my preps in Cyltan's contingent. This guy has First Blood, so he always strikes first, and his Berserking tome has 2-7 range. All of my units that can go from outside his range, to attacking him can only do so at 2 range. If I had deployed a melee cavalry, like Jamulan/Helme, this entire conundrum would have been solved, but now I am in serious trouble. Although I am getting a little ahead of myself here, as this is a problem for a few turns from now...

AL9nZEU7hxWC0nsHmbJQXor4-s_2sbS614qScbvU

Onto to status attacks I dealt with FAR better, Zade pops the sleep assassin.

AL9nZEVmvkSJAWewcglg6Uxv49tPbdfJk0bAnyya

Then I can chip this reluctant Cerberus

AL9nZEV7pbDwnlvuCqERromLWBHypKPvgi3QtZqm

Or he can just crit for the kill, and have an excellent levelup from it as well.

AL9nZEXxx2okTqw-4L1BPu54tqq8ibmQYJcj2jSA

I did also think about going for this kill, but I didn't like what my accuracy looked like

AL9nZEXKjP7-Q0egh3iZBc4CsHP4AIDJhN4j1jNr

Especially when she would have to take a hit from this immediately after

AL9nZEWEz9ja-knr0q_IWJjpTHxKyErmnd5JvrHYAL9nZEX6kjXbPkfb6uQeXL5oTQDeHdGGYZyHt0cq

In the center, I secure my Wyvern loot while I am here.

AL9nZEW9aX7ZFHjbb6jBqxuzpfCHgg3NhFpemLAg

And start clearing away the flies the green units have attracted

AL9nZEXp540EwMGZhRVt4Ds6XBL7ZpsaWtb4yWXI

The green unit was handling his own just fine, but this is faster

AL9nZEVHeWE44S96HJ5b--vgBpPQrWxeiFHxwF0q

And Yaeri gets her first promoted levelup from it for some extra Agility.

AL9nZEW-Syk4RS2sffrtp04Yi3AGa_V3NgYnfg6f

Zayid also gets Harold's promised reward from his village.

AL9nZEWMcELT4H8EXAafs3QUXS9QogW1ySdXEmya

We are a bit spread out, and out of enemy ranges on the two lower front

AL9nZEWYEWgsLXGuDjxmxsk0r9h-Pbppq5NbUhhj

And I am advancing a little in the north, although I haven't rebuilt my defensive formation yet, but we have a little bit of time

AL9nZEVGSJvxX8m5unaNgu0iWIjBY45ziJ20ZKaB

As we have hit a point where I needed a bit of a break. We hit the turn 10 save, and have done a fair bit, but we still have a lot to do. Most notably finding a way of dealing with that Berserking tome...but that is a problem to be solved next update.

Wanted to get this out yesterday, but oh well. In the meantime take care, and stay safe everyone.

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

And most importantly she will give Zade his promotion item...at the end of the chapter (assuming she doesn't die here).

Despite what her description might suggest, she can't actually die here. She is immortal.

Edited by BrightBow

11 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Despite what her description might suggest, she can't actually die here. She is immortal.

Ah the classic invisible immortal skill, a Kaga staple from the times of Thracia.

Spoiler

Back to map at the start of turn 10

AL9nZEXH-0ISt7FtS39WiXAC-saBV7LY5oNLi2PU

I am trying to convince this sniper to move, by both giving him a free hit on Zade, and hitting him from afar to make doubly sure this guy moves.

AL9nZEWepghs8Ms3OzkSmhi0GRNn5N3663Sad3X0

I also talk the last green unit into leaving the map for his village

AL9nZEVztpgO4anemzyl2jsTUdZ6BqgZ9r41kfo5

And there he shares some details about Zecharias's supposed last stand.

AL9nZEVjQOioq-G9yKeSfKnTIvJ8otb9Zbi6R1zA

Although the real value of village is in allowing one of Cyltan's crew to join Zade's forces, and the way things are going, I would much prefer the opposite...

AL9nZEVzi7cpVBSukcPRbAqdNIXpdC-Nny2lXws3

In the north, I just rebuilt my little defensive formation, in preparation for whatever force starts moving next.

AL9nZEVjQZQi7bESkfbh5zdXFJcu2Z-RczzBMMuG

I have covered the plan for the south, but there are a few important thing to note are occurring in the center. First Sheela is heading back to hopefully aid in the fight against the turn 15 wyvern I know is coming. Both Cyltan and Yaeri are outside of the boss's berserk range, but can only attack him from two range, but as I noted last update, that is a bad idea as

AL9nZEWOwDDpOdFvVOTQx76zy4PtG4qtAj5685D1AL9nZEU3Z_-tydg7cbnIDtvwfbCWMmJCoY4aYvGM

He can berserk them before they have the chance to hit him at two range, although I have a bit of a wonky plan to deal with that thanks to

AL9nZEVLg9RhWyVx-6dTjfr2wbUGkf3AJAYhf1ae

Cezar having enough evade with the Main Gauche, and terrain bonuses to drop the boss's accuracy to 0 with that berserk tome. Although, this dodge does get us to the next player phase

AL9nZEWZQ4tqBwwfE-tT6_Sw487Uda1csbKicrOA

Where the sniper took the bait, and I can give the kill to Ma'aya

AL9nZEVZDTG5yJJCJlUlqM0HMe4I9J1XW9IbDfRz

with a dance of course, for

AL9nZEVL4mQJKRtezCpY7Yrhy7T9Pbe654AqfmIG

Another amazing levelup for Ma'aya

AL9nZEWKmYekErJgMLCiadG1uukdXSmCp9xYxuxJ

In the north, I am waiting on armored knights, so I don't even bother moving anyone up while the armored knights give them time for a tea break

AL9nZEV8Zs18nr6Alw9QIQFKK_-KGJBGdzlh0UxD

Also of note, some of the armored knights in the south are moving, so I get my mages ready to mulch them when they approach. And Cezar is advancing on the berserk boss by jumping form terrain to terrain, but the heart of this plan wont start till next turn. Speaking of which

AL9nZEWvMLlrvXNSPOQgYbB-2HP7YRWV6w7PaYPQ

Lets start with the only move in the north, just moving Lianka so I can jump the enemies coming in instead of letting them attack us at all.

AL9nZEVDpHKDKZUMceZcHvhsY-kCii4wNW1er28K

In the south I use Slayne to...miss the last assassin

AL9nZEUOV1z4sKEn7Y-oR9lOjf4lzPQLAnHK_ttt

So I dance him for another attempt, and Lyttia gets herself a blank level to emphasize how scuffed this turn might end up being

AL9nZEV7-MMPWv1_vDURwhF75QcaxLhPkZyL6qqM

Although the second attempt works, and even gets a kill with a skill proc

AL9nZEXor2zmffOEdKgcwSt9pTP4tbX9KBqpchX4

And it is helping to bulk Slayne up with levelups like this

AL9nZEVAEKyc1_OO6fLSr03gHSQKT5Wb_vh_xBHh

I also get a plan B prepared in case the dumb plan I have with Cezar blows up in my face, as Zade grabs a Bellflower Leaf from the convoy, trades it to Ma'aya who can use flight to get it to Cyltan's crew, as Zayid grabs it from her. I can use this to recover an ally from berserk, which can probably get me out of this mess. In retrospect, this plan would probably work a LOT better than the plan I actually went with, although I don't actually remember how Berserk works in this game, so I was reluctant to mess with it

AL9nZEUC9240-Pzd4gcwGoyco39XzI0JWTgT_9nq

So the original plan is to convince the boss to switch to its other weapons by getting Cezar into range of his other tomes. Although there are some serious risks to that, like

AL9nZEUcE7oJZmy8jAa6TH-_td0wDltZYWqs7U_w

The roughly 1/400 chance of Cezar getting killed

AL9nZEWwvLX8ZV5kXvQ3xmBpTq3VKXoWrF5P6YEw

And when he is hit with the first shot I almost had a heart attack.

AL9nZEWA-Q_KJh2eVCTRYGtqo-16Nn-RNrV7hAgF

And while it can't hit, seeing one of Athol's Pursuer turn around to attack us is a much bigger problem for my plan.

AL9nZEWiQtH0D18Uj9RVqdD3fgM9W0bgVY-9Vaz4

I can get him out of the way with Cyltan, and I want to do so to have Yaeri is in range of his +10 accuracy comander skill, so that

AL9nZEUoiGB76OdnUZapLaQ2jEXGdMVmfPqagdjC

She has a 100% chance of killing, and surviving the boss's brave first strike, but if he hits twice...which he does, then the next Athol's Pursuer can go for the kill on her

AL9nZEWFN738x_IpvXUIGFhspITbo-TKL-xgZ0Vb

And the change in the fort makes it impossible for me to block him off from reaching Yaeri

AL9nZEV1PaKIBaZ-ovwLsRWk9dik_GLo3fo9G0-V

Although I try the best I can while healing Cezar of his heavy hit...It is hard getting through the rest of the turn with this sword of Damocles over my head.

AL9nZEUSZ1A6KzUCacjQvo92L4hK44VTuJmYzInW

In the north I kill the first of the armored knights with Merida. Those Phalanx Lances are giving them some serious defense so her magic swords really help.

AL9nZEUVEPBtAtvtUPKb5pj8r913LpzT1rgHzSUL

And that gets her a nice Strength levelup on her final unpromoted level

AL9nZEUhSqqnx9fWMSgzgULBPJrNarWxJ1kKbhr_

And Theo kills the other with his effective magic as well

AL9nZEXkmWzUuwztDRzTfM0AFkuoeUCUI8V5xfJP

And in a similar way gets a single stat levelup of one of the stats he most needs.

AL9nZEW20ykMnFz9qWNhlgxZ630fkv64pm99AD5D

Speaking of killing high defense armored knights with Phalanx Lances for comically high defense, that is also what the south is dealing with.

AL9nZEWolG0OlWRYvlakxv0vMSZTMwqy_s1yyG2I

Although her 1 stat levelup is much worse than the other two we got this turn.

AL9nZEVWODVIDNna_I2xhk1I1J8NcOFh2bSuo2fL

And a dance lets her get the other armored kill as well.

AL9nZEV38ialWd42Wn_YAE_B26I0gZOE-jNu1PEn

Unfortunately she had to be in silence staff range for this kill, but that isn't the biggest deal in the world.

AL9nZEULDozMfnOlvKbaN0jWmZkvSycnZHFvWIcL

WHEN WILL THE NEVER PUNISH STREAK END?

AL9nZEWY6kUz_IhU4mzs32fcTuHB29kxiGQSg2dH

She even capped her strength on the level she got from the kill.

AL9nZEX1rbYjpieswSlzYUSaBsCONJC9FRIe2L1t

The south really was the best place for Slayne on this map, as he can now snipe the guys being debuffed by the boss, like that silencer.

AL9nZEVoNt0Kj1W3BOtjBsLrf10nRB4qXcsNJc3W

Also the only real action in the north is that Merida promotes.

AL9nZEVBGQL8x2iduNRLU_JTZ9UL41BIp4rJzuLM

As they are waiting on more plodding armored enemies to jump.

AL9nZEWvv4935k3yYhlEZeqySo5GWlpXeTBce8cc

Things are temporarily quiet in the center, so Yaeri is grabbing a spare healing item from Ma'aya, as she prepares to rejoin Zade's front. I took the boss out here just in time (and Sheela's arrival time was impeccable as well), as

AL9nZEXZQwPD7sfd9bBNyf9uW6BORBskQBeXl5AZ

We have just hit turn 15, and the arrival of the hunting Wyvern. I have a bit of a hard decision to make here, whether to have Cyltan fight the Wyvern here, or talk to Zoy...

AL9nZEVwOUrX2sdy3a4GyNACl5kLp6sQiAPeu3L1

Well the north is fairly simple to deal with.

AL9nZEXweSZ0uL9F8sV50scjRpBl1rxOuJEFvPKr

Fun fact, on both her armored knight kills, she procced multichance to kill them before they could even try to hit her back.

AL9nZEUc4PGEjIOPekmlj71fhGp6SAe-xOxh7BQw

I also give the kill on the silence staff wielder to Ma'aya in the south

AL9nZEXdQ12_GYcgqEPrOkIacie9YmmQ6QuTmr6I

I do end up having Cyltan talk. I just don't trust Zoy not to suicide himself on the Wyvern.

AL9nZEXqMeHZkjSSUmNDyxmqS7W72hOQxw5Yi4CD

Don't beat yourself up too much for being a teenager Athol, you just wanted to hang out in the woods with your girlfriend Hoelun.

AL9nZEXUmGuqYlkd2slxzdCmkpXdRPhSE2oN_0eS

It is kinda funny to promise Zoy the thanks of all Solis, when it is the thanks of all Meleda he has earned, but I guess that is what Cyltan can offer him.

AL9nZEVWqq341-vtdQdYJmNoo-Gh5d6E_sCmzbDI

And he just walks off mid sentence. I must admit the nonchalance of that act amuses me.

AL9nZEWmfHkca_-bPpoQBtsBR1pELHQUg7dvY_Lc

Oh Athol, aren't you already betrothed?

AL9nZEXuSwk9VY3FCgaJIXwqgQZQG9OJLghq09uW

I guess they are saying its a promise ring instead 😛

AL9nZEVZM9knGGzmPzHGT75wEvCyE3KkiJcQUO03AL9nZEX_GVGvuLeePTUjG6T1XAFUv3hCbbDi20vs

More seriously, they do drop some heavy hints throughout this that Zoy is Zech in disguise. At the very least Athol seems to believe it is.

AL9nZEUxNf_g0mjHQYvCHj9jrYdDSKEcyIi3RxtV

Unfortunately it is time for Cyltan and Athol to disappear from the map, just like Zoy did. Although with Zade still working on seizing Redessa, they are getting a little ahead of themselves by heading to the castle now.

AL9nZEVw-_s5rDU4he0SJCF09lq0SWzuEcPYzlu_

Has Zade really been so Tsundere that she can't believe he would worry about her?

AL9nZEWARlhNZOPgGAIfK79YHdLQPN3yeRSk02yV

I wish I still had Cyltan for this upcoming Wyvern fight, but I will have to make do. Fortunately Sheela is the best Wyvern hunter I have..

AL9nZEXKvEznkbZF4mfDqS4zP88m2u3dJZ75VHN1

In the south, I am testing the AI of one of those Snipers with Zade, and I couldn't canto out of

AL9nZEVjnoD_je4eQdGQ8hSrG248-LTY1vbwX_iY

Enemy siege tome range, but she not only dodged, but got a levelup out of it as well. Although after her amazing levelups, one like this is rather underwhelming.

AL9nZEVqz-Q3S1P-Dt_6vY95qGLAEGxhhNWKYSZB

The Wyvern also surprised me a little by attacking the only person in the area that also had 1-2 range

AL9nZEWiSQ42NqDRsUp9EsvzEDfSYEBdBlsg0y-J

The last use always has the best crit luck of the weapon...

AL9nZEVSbds4ftqLUxoMwjNNwL9DZ2g7LgnTlgMf

Back to player phase, Sheela hits it fairly hard

AL9nZEUrWysR2LBMSnLR4zgq1Gzi800_URf9kFwt

And that should get the Wyvern down into Zayid (or Starfall dagger) kill range

AL9nZEWA5h-8cDGSPNan8pw_sQch45V5wShKPxHg

Unless she multichance procs for the kill herself. I guess Magic is kinda OK on her, but it still feels underwhelming.

AL9nZEXIKcrcHX-IVqus-vAFRUzy0ozt5IvGFohP

It seems kinda ironic to get this game's version of the restore staff after dealing with that berserk boss.

AL9nZEUmTsptx_ScxNeDq-bH03nIG3i8uK-bg6jd

Well, the sniper didn't move, so I instead try it with Slayne, but he is just shy of getting the kill with a dance...

AL9nZEWJPazlipmnl1wu0QMEZS8-KWmIrgQw50UT

Unless Siegfried uses his personal staff to buff him

AL9nZEWv8oXN-JDi5l_MRIQb3DAY_NTgtaw8d7h-

Given the translators love of archaic language, I am surprised they don't use bowyer. Also they are clearly trying to evoke the idea of a Stradivarius Violin

AL9nZEUOGCoIBJJ8v0aoQ6qaP1eO1KkxHr-okkCi

Goodbye Legrand

AL9nZEWkREyMy5m92_UASO_PpHs6j6X0IL2uT-S0

~insert violin music~

AL9nZEXIQnOZt7AYaLT3cZjhmyCfPE3tKTLIKmf4

I must admit, I waffled a fair bit on where I wanted to send Dune after looting the tower, but I think I will send him over to the northern army during this little lull in the action. Onto the next turn

AL9nZEWJbUYK1I-AaQmabP-RZWDZWkfpGOyeJUmX

Slayne continues to wreck havoc with his buffed Arbalests

AL9nZEW2kvPxT3-B6ZQrqGOLEdmq47m9CldKCrjs

Although that was a really bad levelup for him.

AL9nZEUe2_Z0iblZOyd3S0tYdJHoDTb_JmnKtHoL

And with a dance he kills the scorpion wielder now.

AL9nZEXKnyHPY6A3cb9W1gIyoF7dGM5DK0cFi0w4

Which has convinced me to send Ma'aya over to threaten the siege mage.

AL9nZEXG9NjC86dn60NGj173IlkjPTVcJ8B2pqD4

Dune is getting close to the safety of the northern army, but the enemy have given me the time to do so

AL9nZEWyMFkDCenJBTftZslHoTt4X6nqwMJXcGOS

before he elects to send a wave of cavalry after us...Well onto next player phase

AL9nZEWQdIt1Zxcsfzu0v_5ahfJ8o6uNMzBrwAT9

Ma'aya grabs the siege tome kill

AL9nZEWwfjef4Q4SktK_TGq-b1LpQVwH6GkBJtdB

and Accorte kills the last defender of Therenius.

AL9nZEUtjoidwqZM5WA7qS85qc8Xf0dAzdj7RJoS

And the poor guy learns too late that sticking with that monster was a mistake.

AL9nZEUAcxkSEuLaOebX0oGHvqZXGfieNrsfYF6L

...Oof, a blank levelup.

AL9nZEWAWpn6-NZn-34zdNE_KvvK2qSS9L6LQunE

Bring it on you bloated blue-blooded blowhard

AL9nZEXyBStU50wGAvLZ852NQMOPNzpQ73Dz7LCR

But of course the coward is going to flee instead, that way we can't dispose of him early.

AL9nZEU4gGc86COVj3SU2FGoIZkJ9qo0KZdZ8yZB

And true to his classist sentiments he tries to get some of his "inferiors" to stick around to die for him. Given that he isn't replaced by any other units on the throne, it seems his cajoling didn't work.

AL9nZEUkpoPYv_ynzk_iXIdAreY_lB25lbzclZmn

I also finally get access to another shop that sells promotion items, for Ma'aya to buy for us on the cheap.

AL9nZEVu-Xsne52e4JszA4wywNgK3E3BqCgnD846

Meanwhile, in the north we have a plan to jump the enemy cavs after they charge in, with Troy getting a bit of enemy phase action with a Pilum

AL9nZEXnx0JJtg7aVIFhFLdiB4olszNGlODtggMS

And he gets a levelup that I am fairly certain is useless for his weapon types...

AL9nZEXaImSj7zRCMASq1aZWACZVh_AsLmZK_w33

Come player phase, Dune already got a chance to contribute on his new front.

AL9nZEVQjpvV30X-AmHjTvvA_DzS2iMgHIFR5Ocj

That does get him to that key 10 Dex threshold.

AL9nZEXEVtV-R2-DhgcfTqeFcVBPAuTr8EnJMnbs

We are going to have to press in fairly deep to kill all of these guys, so even Aynellia is going in for a kill.

AL9nZEUlJWuGDeawSgY44k7eIHzPijaeUtbs5ime

I wish this were more accurate, but he gets the kill anyway. Fun fact, he did actually need Aynellia's +3 strength for this kill, as it also gets the 1.5x effective weapon buff to attack, so it looks kinda like he didn't on this stat screen.

AL9nZEXta2MopjbtmDCKIBRnUWMxTfwVXejTo1FC

It feel kinda fitting to kill the magic sword with actual magic...

AL9nZEXKxYbkUSr1eFtWY8nvMpqfVVEdjmG8lzZF

His Agility is finally starting to look alright, but he is starting to fall behind in other areas after all these single Agility levels.

AL9nZEVC00gy4IQZcUSfIymgn8LOAB13y_RBpMzg

These last two are a bit far out...

AL9nZEV-F787z7o7upu527KU7ScNMQWrIbu1PSjL

Eh, I wont complain too much about agility, as that avoid has saved me too many times this run...

AL9nZEXnNx1vYtoC42DnFagMCGVfMbTeyYdYkPvH

That takes care of the last of this little force charging in

AL9nZEWtEKWLn02gwuIm3VOAqT3dEN7icgxj3CwL

And he is getting close to a lot of his key caps at this point. He has hit his HP cap, and agility cap, and that brings both Strength and Defense to within 1 of their cap as well.

AL9nZEXzN4Xw6dT8mdpXWqglHTjPDZSnpst82-2y

In the quiet fronts, it is time to get a lot of our secret money out of the convoy to get the money we need to afford some more of those promotion items we could use.

AL9nZEUYdJOT0t3aXTTjU5UPGc2bvn6nB67MsoK8

I also finally use this boat ride, but it isn't that useful, as it is a bit late

AL9nZEWupOjE8w2yvGClUY0-NRFgUexDJkKbSQ0a

But Sheela's crag climbing ability makes her the most likely to do anything on this front.

AL9nZEVDIQed6cDFbSj_ALVZfM77LV_YaJYtcsn0

Unfortunately both my key cavs are in range of this healer that has both a sleep staff, and a siege tome, which is rather unfortunate...

...wait, what am I doing? I could end this right now, and I don't have to risk this bit of suffering to shop, as next chapter is 15-x where I can literally buy any of the promotion items at my leisure.

AL9nZEVuMJqVHzm6ylYkL0jCsCrCMEB92s-aab7V

The only thing I could imagine wanting, that I can't buy next map is another magic sword (which I do get one of)

AL9nZEX3oseawTfYVbiEjnV4qJHSd17B6g1nAs-i

So here on turn 20

AL9nZEVNaPILX9T4uDy8rJg0NIgCee_CakVcwv2S

I seize for the win.

AL9nZEWnRWU6YnEKr5vcdDygI0vws7uGrOnLZ0-J

And like that the larger enemy army retreats, or surrenders (seeing as their commander, Marrages returns on a future map, I am inclined to believe most of them retreat). I do kinda wonder, if I went through the effort of killing him here, would he return? I don't actually think so, but I have never gone through the effort of routing this map, or killing him for that repair gem of his.

AL9nZEV3583I8zBHJwUap2lHgwGE-L0RF6ggTMV2

And so we have retake Zade's ancestral home.

AL9nZEU7-c0C_DJ472olejMbwCLgsHpcxjsW_6Gc

Yeah, I did have a few kinda embarrassing close calls this map. I have been far luckier with this run than I probably aught to have been.

AL9nZEXfwSvMmvH219ikEY9lTeB3Xao0zBieMxfC

And Therenuis really is the architect of our victory. His incompetence ensured the enemy's defeat.

AL9nZEUcIuMXKK3JzaBARpkzUBTNYSsoqLkQHChc

Especially by benching Calliera, as she has the tactical chops to make things a bit trickier for us. Heck, the simple surprise of the berserk boss did a real number on Cyltan's crew, if Calliera showed up to throw another curve ball our way...

AL9nZEXQbWeQLmyxE-bNm0R7RaMvTUm5AxtOKQqQ

And Zade immediately banishes Athol to her room like a child. He really is over protective of her at the moment.

AL9nZEU0UReL9CExBHvClzbFY775y0Cr7-tIqVCW

Yeah, this has been hard on her too, not just hard on you Zade.

AL9nZEXE5u5nMkdfMM1eYgrc2s4GfYgJ3ZhxjVJ6

It is kinda charming to see Zade excited to see a friend from his childhood.

AL9nZEUkJuUWUDTihYeHMrQC-FRiJxuYrVKZ0uS7

She did talk about Zech's fate a bit already, so Zade is asking the right person at this point.

dekolOzTOBGbopqYdEk2VxvQYEBpn5ergDoc7VDt

We did kinda see this a bit at the end of the prologue, with the massive army's arrival just after our departure. It is also kinda interesting to se seeing troop counts as well, and really emphasizes how much more manpower the empire is working with.

AL9nZEWZZjb1wK12V_2WdxJ9WEQBaMMYXFtc3fcw

It is interesting that we are returning with roughly the same number of troops. Although it sounds like Ajax took most of the imperial troops with him, so we might not be at such a huge number's disparity this time around.

AL9nZEWaFC9HMC8NE4OugBychZM9Q96JBYoWUdmR

Dealing with these traitorous Duchies is sure to be our next step, before retaking the capital. Wiping out the monster of Frall with be particularly satisfying...

AL9nZEWRBLsKveNr5Grq8VYWArcggo_RrJQ8342M

I guess Ajax went with the other classic siege tactic, starving the city out. We have always been in too much of a rush to go for that (plus it would make for more boring gameplay). It also does foreshadow that taking Frall will be one of the key steps in retaking the kingdom, as even the empire had to find some way of turning them to take Regina.

AL9nZEUAjvnrEqxGBXFAba18a9u7ixM7WMOjeCJp

The power of reputation, and diplomacy won Ajax a city without the price of blood.

AL9nZEX-AAwwyA9CztZlVMdEhN0fNaM8PFE7Psm9

They really are trying to build a revenge motive for Zade with that cowardly sack of manure Therenius.

AL9nZEXs4lN6F7TgiM4Tw7fjC6PRgDYZy-fnprzP

I am kinda with him on finding Mr. Imbecile killing Zech to be not credible

AL9nZEUOyL6HvEj_rba73oyrCe0Ks__37POiuth1

Seeing as the Duchess of Frall is a monster, that seemed a fair precaution for Zech to make.

AL9nZEVxsQsafUFbr8pV5TRg_HXMrMolQfISBxU8

See, ambushing Therenius's troops, and ruining his moronic plans seems more likely

AL9nZEX7slOT_nH5JTW1JxAiimPY0CplL3g5Tt88

Although the unnamed, but obviously, Valerius being the real cause of Zech's demise...or at least defeat, seems far more plausible.

AL9nZEU3G-5adflgxkkMdRNAqwFiRWEJLA5A4CMmAL9nZEXkinNAarIovKVXf7VBJ1DG8xoNgQ-vSjt-

It is kinda touching to have Zade's promotion described for us in such a way. It is like Zade is taking up his brother's legacy by promoting.

AL9nZEWGBtg07JF2NsUjtOvzw2uE5jdGvPKLVoLSAL9nZEX57UPHdEymNPLTHYrS738vWjaxEPRCIX3y

Armored, and engulfed in flames...They have dropped a few hints about Zoy being Zech, but this does add to it in a distant way, even if the claim is that he is dead.

AL9nZEWUR3Rnb02fhFqmjYsGwm8gvofuycgy2e6EAL9nZEWMNCP3SsXngkYPuH2fF5Paa2xsLdwsCy2a

Although despite her father's promises and obligations, he passed them onto her, so he could die.

r2MElepP6Fw8_DiKDCmzvtXjsAXVIs3_qsj0petB

I do like it when the mounts get a name. Zade will use the gift of Verula, and Zech's armor too I suppose, well.

AL9nZEW7CeFUbjoZt_XmpU_UA2OmoWhLpDso-PaS

The game has been dropping a lot of hints, and the prison chapter is going to drop its own bombshell in that regard, but...

well I should save my thought on that till we get there.

AL9nZEVVi5BLLlATy5Zi-iUWTm11jFOwdHYIQlYc

Unfortunately we don't actually get tot recruit her, despite how this sounds

AL9nZEUKvFrsp0ywYSRFYFWnoU_qh3_t2TwWqCXz

And much as I hate the very Reese like talking a recruit out of joining, this is kinda a good reason. This gives us a character who can hold Redessa for us, so we can know it is secure without leaving any of our troops behind to hold the castle FE4 style.

AL9nZEUt_KQ7aPjj0t2EgVWDSH82JgVtwlQ0DgYG

Ah, you did fine out there Orphelia, and apparently have secret immortality as well.

AL9nZEWGWv-Cf_w3rcPuE1Tc9iYAxZwMEGA_ysiu

Also I like how they are emphasizing that her skills are in the more in the area of logistics, which is a massively underappreciated (and often outright ignored) aspect of warfare.

AL9nZEXJcoVtMrjYOFbjefX6JSUv927Tb2qzXYBH

Hearing about Zade's jealousy over Orphelia's intelligence is rather amusing, and cute.

AL9nZEUkH4KQoJQmcsLJnLuHuFEY7MB52naYcR9M

It almost sounds like they were close to a Cyltan/Hoelun style arranged marriage, but I guess it is vague enough that they might simply be hinting that the old Duke was pressuring the two into a relationship.

AL9nZEXSDJRqk5uipQvil-cQzXxaY85Y4w67RZxO

Phfft...It does sound a fair bit like she is implying Zade is gay, and that he left her for Theo.

AL9nZEXUWFjXmDfG-Mla7AWlESbhgBPw_61SSHFN

...I guess that talk about thing being like Cyltan and Hoelun might be more accurate but for very different reasons. Zade was apparently stuck as a ward/hostage to the old incompetent Meleda king for a little while in his youth.

AL9nZEX8Xj4LaR4XWM-oLXJbzt_mES7AhrkGiQ5R

And there is Zade's promotion item. I wonder why they used what looks like a bouquet of roses for the icon. Although there is one last story scene before we go.

AL9nZEVpo23LGL4q1FSwWCxJ83jD7h_crc_C8I4e

Where Zade scolds Athol for her recklessness, and does so by emphasizing the heavy weight upon her survival. She is the last of a great dynasty, and obliged to not only survive, but propagate that legacy, and dynasty.

AL9nZEUNG3_P7JwKCrqJ3gXfGmCwB6d5PBPiqS3u

Although this talk like she IS the kingdom seems rather silly. Her death wouldn't force all the citizen's of Meleda to leave their homes, as the land would still be there. Sure there would be pain, and chaos in the transition to whatever new dynasty, or government would take over, but it wouldn't really be the end of the peoples in Meleda.

AL9nZEUkP6qlCp8-NIKeX_Ms57iGASJBHcI1fudj

Luck both giveth, and taketh.

AL9nZEXCkn9XdPaHqzf2ljBE1kpSQfNh4zS2et-6

Zade is really feeling some undeserved imposter syndrome here. He is putting his brother on a pedestal, and can't appreciate the titanic accomplishments he has accomplished himself.

AL9nZEXOaHC_dcEiYr0Ak-AFs-P1peb9uoLSd4vr

And that is some angst teen suicidal talk there. I guess they both are teenagers aren't they.

AL9nZEXMwtOHldA07-Sqyg9cbx5MIa9DUPVKfNv2

This sounds so passive aggressive, but I think they are trying to have her be sincere, and he is responding to her hugging him.

AL9nZEVNtoBqhYsPbuqBtACgWjhSy-b1xMxGz83W

And that is just the kind of reassurances I feel like he needs. Zade isn't his brother and that doesn't make him lesser.

AL9nZEUCsHHQSK2HzKEEAgWpS8_jakpnsFA5ku99AL9nZEVY-IX05xXApOMmuWxPfj9Hum_qb8FFcTnU

And she almost confesses to him. This crush has been building for a while, and Zade just does not seem to be interested, with people always having to talk him into humoring her...

AL9nZEXIzIDObpg3jv7ebBUJ9tL9OPWW83OQU4Ys

There is Emma calling her out on her feelings for Zade

AL9nZEXJMQNxCFBCNYgQqAQsdvKGvuLjCFXy_MbU

But that is the conundrum of being a teen, trapped in awkward transition between being a child in some ways, and an adult in other, not fully in control of your future, but just enough control to get people hurt.

AL9nZEUqJ3TLtNMLIRCTQSnFKkQVpFjyYV8lO150

That gets us to 15-x, basically battle preparation for the big army split to come.

The never punished continues it seems. Next up is 15-x, and it isn't really a full chapter...I am going to try and get through chapter 16 as well next week, but we will see if I can make that pace. In the meantime take care, and stay safe everyone.

I doubt I will get chapter 16 up this week at this rate. I have been doing a lot more strenuous activities over the last couple weekends than I normally do, and that is finally catching up to me, so I haven't gotten much writing done. Plus I got a bit distracted early in the week by beating my head against the brick wall that is Elden Ring's Malenia until one of the two broke. Also, 15-x has a lot more draining decisions in it than you would expect, as the things I do here could have serious ramifications for the future chapters.

Spoiler

When last we left off

AL9nZEUyM1Qetxkju6Pq8-F808BZW54B0Yabc3wm

Redessa has been taken, which has earned a short respite to resupply with chapter 15-x here, but

AL9nZEV5VfkzLLaWUp5_DhMoj_rj-2KR9yj1YGss

This isn't the end of things

AL9nZEXQiIbMK50ZjvKY554sm6qw8XY9ZbzG3rT5

And we can't wait for long, as we are still on a schedule.

AL9nZEUQXbME3iCVG_D1x56TPO1-u05YIWjLSEsf

Plus we have obligations to fulfill at the same time.

AL9nZEVHUbfaXl74YHLEROBNLb3krvbnHgyZSH_W

Don't worry, Masoud, we (or at least I) remember our obligation to free your friends

AL9nZEVbb-D2mZMRjvjidaHY0D9exvQ4L-v7_uAG

Lordly Derriere...heh. Although Garlan does have a solid complaint here

AL9nZEUHEQBQGyeNRONl5QVRoiSqZ_FsS9zJZOOT

Which Masoud has rectified with knowledge.

AL9nZEWz_mvlTI3EpwY0U5K3_Etx14oUVV_1ah_E

Thanks for rubbing in how awful that whole Kralls thing was Garlan.

AL9nZEUiaef9C5aZAc_DtXS-M5KeZowycjZR9h-3

Although once again we have two objectives that need to be completed at around the same time

AL9nZEW-noQV68oy1YLau1rxZ7nFSPDovW8GanOf

And taking the port gives us the extremely optimistic option of intervention from foreign powers. Although the point about Venecia being on good enough terms with us to render some aid holds a fair bit of weight (although their reliance on mercs isn't the most promising for military support...)

AL9nZEU28lsPB03CYmRdkMzkHzHs1JBrsmpKStjC

Not to mention the ambiguous time limit we have for whenever Ajax returns to slaughter us. Fortunately Cyltan offers to split the army to accomplish both these tasks at the same time, just like last chapter.

AL9nZEVylrCk30jAfuQpfyvg5BbpIBKYeGEaEGrC

As Zade and the Princess really do have too much on their plate at the moment.

AL9nZEUjKdpwT4rN_EVUPEj8Sn9vPS9OZK8_hfJr

As good as a pincer attacks sound, Napoleon has said that coordinating two army coming together in the presence of an enemy is the most difficult maneuver an army can make. Put simply, this is another one of those VERY high risk, high reward, movesm but those are the gambles we have been taking, and kinda need to win this little underdog war.

AL9nZEU2eyQiBSVyKhg_xg1mb4I444c-CNk3hi3h

Yep, its official, we are splitting our forces, but in the more Tear Ring Saga, rather than the Thracia split on the map sense we have done previously.

AL9nZEVdyOIIPMGg20th4q7ROCAMVRx_-NOfqeqVAL9nZEUn-G4ofy1vch67r_bPzD_mXru_2dali9Vq

And that summarizes our next few maps, Zade facing the hazards on the road to Frall, then taking Frall, while Cyltan frees the prisoner, but he gets a little distracted on the march south.

AL9nZEX3BzrWsqR7MDZp3poaitGIglPqcJVcGLpz

Thanks for the warning about not having magic convoys in the story, but the game is about to be very explicit about that.

AL9nZEXHaJUxrpytfbwB_5NLUxUwJ_P2rJc5_YNRAL9nZEVxrwA45m63a3x0eekD432-tGTQxF1edwyr

So we will be split in two, but unlike Tear Ring Saga we don't get to chose the split, we just have to take the split the game gives us.

AL9nZEXTo-ZXOX8Zs-BLrQ----Zc-6iFjwLsUGtg

And Cyltan gets no convoy at all, another minor weakness of this split compared to Tear Ring Saga's version, where both Runan and Holmes get their own convoys in their splits.

AL9nZEV599vyi55hI4M1MwwVztrBMq1iorFuoeG9

This is what this map is all about, getting your items in order for the split, and buffing your units as much as you can.

AL9nZEVtGmCRSDJnxXrvbrdeTENUX5hlKeSsnoPU

Thanks for the warning game. I do still have a stat booster or two to use, and getting as many characters class changed as possible is a major objective of the map.

AL9nZEWm1GMMUQr3q3yM5B0cBAJXGfnr8BehssEO

Don't worry game, even when he was deployed I forgot about his repair power, and thus haven't kept any equipment with him. Thanks for the warning anyway.

AL9nZEV4rJX4ElOUanSbd8Yc6JWAlx3biGUFqhzF

There is our split, with that one sad empty spot for Rubina...Although there isn't much of a chapter here. You can trigger a few events to spawn enemies for good grinding, but when there are no enemies on the map (like now), units don't even end their turns after taking actions.

AL9nZEVeoeiBh3R12gGV8kjWs43tJeCwGl8lJ1_1

First thing I do is promote my cap level Zade, and then

AL9nZEULGF13Z2UaAbGxaqSTjPKTN6_WtU7jehqC

I visually organize things for myself, after looking at the resources I have, and trying to figure out how many units I want to promote, and can afford to promote. Those off to the right are those who can't promote anymore, the small cluster in the bottom left corner are those I have promotion items for already, but I want to cap their level on this chapter, the pair in the top left are those who can promote, but I don't particularly care to promote them, and those on the road (plus Ma'aya sitting on the promotion item shop) are those I want to get to promotion, but I don't have a promotion item for yet. Unfortunately I can not afford all the promotion items I would like, but we can get a few resources from the map itself, so I think I will deal with, and wait on spending on them until I need them, or until the end.

AL9nZEWzaMRxKCAhjzH8696wzCfVItOb867eT2uj

Now you can trigger combat encounters by visiting a few houses on the map, where they talk about issues they are having that can be solved with combat

AL9nZEWV5qZoc95z-d1ygQt7NqyFEuH-VIG1mKkB

You get an extra choice prompt to back out of it if you want, but most of them are rather easy, and excellent sources of experience, so I will be doing them all

AL9nZEXXThbt5rP2NNWtTun1TDD9w_T1TCvjCr5t

And a fair number of a single enemy type spawn on the side of the map for us to slaughter. None of this group are all that threatening, or interesting to deal with, the biggest thing of note is my deployment shows that I doubt I can afford to promote the axe bros. I think I will save some time and just pop all the levelups we got from slaughtering this crew in a little spoilerbox here

Spoiler

AL9nZEWjW2b4eUNn8prdHG5_s9zdvNZmuB-LVQLf

AL9nZEW-AarvJkmmiTL_5F_GuRMyT1r9FZU5m1kF

AL9nZEVOKvZKQTNFmQijIfbJ7OMUDJ4wFQCpwksX

AL9nZEUlH8IwOvswnUJAuU2Yc2gD6aMhiFEmkFhQ

AL9nZEU8LJg7ftPvL-SPbFJsGyndIgDOex0l2Yox

AL9nZEXGdrJeE5vhfL51oh30yd8DzureYtex_hcv

AL9nZEVVzWvpMY_syQymGqusFgcsPKXHNzPpxEnC

One of the few things I will note is that once enemies are on the map, actions end turns like normal

AL9nZEVGZ-1tbUPaVd1zBGdUEYI7htejCWgbLvUc

And I think I will emphasize promotions by showing them outside of the spoiler boxes, like our boy Cyltan here.

Also of note, the boss of this bandit group drops the best loot of the bunch, as it is a promotion item (for physical infantry), which I rather need, and are rather expensive to buy.

AL9nZEWe0btA1I5LkiwHjvqyIDEj2z1nEDLJrt8Z

Now the second group here is a bunch of thieves, and I had the most trouble with this group on my last playthrough, mostly because I faced it last, with only the last units that needed levels were facing it, and because I got kinda overconfident. Truth be told all of these enemies have some nasty weapons despite otherwise being kinda embarrassingly weak (especially for how much exp they give).

AL9nZEVxNGjHUcoro8jtcGA53ojciFz6OKlNn5V8

You don't have to blink so expectantly at us, don't worry I plan on crushing them

AL9nZEXinm3jGJdHXuK0TZj672n_k4jpwGERA1og

The boss of this group drops a Cerberus knife, which is probably the loot I am least interested in, but still kinda useful. Although it is time for a big spoiler box full of levelups again

Spoiler

AL9nZEXheeWhA_Ra1M3bbjG9S0KPZN6tWMPUoeMt

AL9nZEWaKeBUvMi0tzY4-nJKnE1YglQZ2n1R1pfo

AL9nZEUIuNTBS8jNqFtNfPQ0JBGuKa8LznWbI9vc

AL9nZEVayKCVU-YTui_K7xFK-i5AUGMCGxmZTvQf

AL9nZEWUfvg0OuSbuioO_L5p5_UKS_9kgqcZL69B

...sigh

AL9nZEUyHddOFFgga-2W6CnaJBR-5y6nzkIu5gJT

AL9nZEVpcPh1uASSNDJH1OQqBzvn8i_kg9eH1SZf

In the end that wasn't so bad, as I played carefully, and didn't miss any key melee attacks (like missing the lullaby knife to get one of my guys slept, or the boss's triple brave Cerberus knife)

AL9nZEXC9CJHFDfFQGTVi7DY_OhbU0nBOmX34wlI

We are getting our little army as promoted as we can now, and we still have two more little piles of exp to power through.

AL9nZEVNvIYcpkcC08DnYHnAWe010t6r1W8z42Qr

Like this particular silly little group right here

AL9nZEXIGdgt3lBhvWtgMkix5lSf2m7QoON0GY2h

As you can see on the side of our girl Accorte's promotion, that those armored units are all trapped below some crags, which they can't actually climb up. In fact thanks to measures to prevent spawn blocking, the one at the top literally can't move. Its like shooting fish in a barrel. Well time for more levelups, and the boss here drops a fair bit of extra money, which is nice.

Spoiler

AL9nZEW7ppuc0SbezaLzNCHZ1pfhcyUvgrWaQfRy

AL9nZEXW212eGYM0KOwFE4mAhuNpZ4hR1exv1V7Y

AL9nZEWrtZF8FJonpleupl_9dzLT0VpkJ5bsxkDg

AL9nZEXClH--rIuHwdplIt5chQ1n_q8VyIjjKbGs

AL9nZEVVbHfGUE3Y6vlWgxvif28kvnT4ehrU7cCj

AL9nZEW_sCmuPAo3kY1mmJZHP3OOlgvEQEDfqHJo

This one is actually a dancer level on Lytia here.

AL9nZEU1t3EABG04yMrgqEaIuKkKL-WkSrzb9Fsu

AL9nZEXl8etAjJYCkco9JWsOkQnaAIu23j-lOVap

AL9nZEUMGyG06CZFJzR1SRtjy0eVr70kh0DjcQKY

AL9nZEU2zTzwf-eqAtJyl2yjJ6lRghK5JId08YvC

This healing level on Lillia comes a bit after this force is killed, but close enough for me to show it here.

AL9nZEV1Dgye_Q4eq9Pp7aW_3d4Fb4t1EQ3LLBgt

This is also a rather important change, as it boosts his bonus from +3 to +5

AL9nZEW-gY1KMbOuXbopGu-LUH2QGAvmIIRkJcQr

And there is our other mage promoted as well.

AL9nZEWAyfiLWMzIflwTkZDk4Q4HUp7nRtjd0pZQ

Hilda's promotion makes her rather powerful.

AL9nZEVXdxZI7E54SPzVNQ_YyGOCHKS7qhO-5O9s

I haven't used Haldyn as much as I probably should have, but he earned his promotion here.

AL9nZEVCIw1aD0hY0EMJT0kUDSxf-zgvGmZnCxdSAL9nZEXfX-VuwDhC-NLlCBdh5J3SyHUnixB6aXuo

Now for the last little group, which has a bunch of cavalry, with their boss giving us what is probably objectively the worst loot, but still kinda useful, as its this game's equivalent of a Pure Water...

Spoiler

AL9nZEW0QHYrVVYgf-FQO9VQ0GZzoTeQS9didFLD

AL9nZEXuXx5tvZ9nFXEH8aBk4ekkGoIALYiVKrkX

AL9nZEXvNo3V4w15y8ZL-r3Yr6SHUmZ2ZYlM_fo6

AL9nZEU1_tW5YihJvMkG8kEYBal2uZ6JG5X2TY6A

AL9nZEWd-W11ZY5uNNVJ2GoxiuEgjtLbyon2_RzF

AL9nZEXJPUyfkzxCVgLtvqpxMK5ZhqlX5zXC-fT9

AL9nZEXReb1xtprQapUd8_F1xwBemaNchy1zzAUN

AL9nZEX8fJKwcoZ5lBie1_rSGed0dED4-or30-mp

AL9nZEV-ZeTmM85cuv_MsG2wMM8TCLtdxsn-d8bZ

AL9nZEX16Axr2Qwax2SmGAlMbtzjTL6k5Th3Tul0

AL9nZEW2shcHuKXoVWNjzURuqYozGjw53mYTGC9Y

This healing level came about after the battle, but it made sense to me to put the healing levels in this spoiler box as well.

AL9nZEUx6JxzBx2Ml8id8Dd-lY5-ZrWD0yQcbsdv

AL9nZEUACgKyvrpgArqi3qvdlZmDRatN-ubHpAFA

but I kinda forgot they were mostly horse archers, and they gave me a really hard time

AL9nZEXuXx5tvZ9nFXEH8aBk4ekkGoIALYiVKrkX

I mean the two magic bow wielders got uncomfortably close to killing Urven, and one of those jerks even had a lethal bow, which drops people to 1 HP, and the boss has the 4x brave effect bow. Last time I had a much easier time because I started my troops much closer to their start, and jumped the dangerous ones, but this time, I kinda forgot how dangerous this group was (or much about this group at all, other than them having horses). I almost lost a character (possibly even two) here, and that would have been down right embarrassing... In retrospect, I wish I was as active with my screen shots with this group, as I am on normal maps, but oh well.

AL9nZEUqJpv5lrtPKihrsNayadt_s2qe9H0wEz3J

Well, Ma'aya made it to level 20, and promotion. She still isn't as combat capable as Yaeri was at this leve, but she is getting there, and flying is really powerful.

AL9nZEUsOYs18CTEX8knW3eYpWKvX7Y7HRRvA9av

I also grab this from the flower, but if I am being honest, I have always found Royal Jelly to be kinda underwhelming.

AL9nZEUAKXhQBwt1ixls5cHnXwxWnKzGad9Wsq9Y

Thankfully Urven lived long enough to promote, given how close he came on this map...

AL9nZEUdOYWdqJxw7LJhXzfZcyotScV4RAp_-S3s

The one good thing about doing so poorly against that last group of enemies is it gave me a lot of opportunities for Lillia to heal, and better yet one of the enemies even had a poison bow (that hit), which got her just enough to reach the level cap, to fully justify promotion.

AL9nZEUDLAk8dIpepDRX7QznUcREgPs8KK9izvzZ

Better yet, she gets a free faith magic tome so she can actually attack things without me buying a tome for her (and faith magic tomes are difficult to come across even at the best of times).

AL9nZEXJn77XnaCzio-AJ5qMWlkAXUhZla7gt3CH

There are a few talk convos we can get before finishing the map, and it is a very minor thing, but its interesting to note that we have the choice of who to talk to when there are more than one option adjacent.

AL9nZEUpCDUQjXVUBCWAHiULt2hDydPmLbh2wlhY

That makes a lot of sense, and shows that Garlan has a fair bit of faith in Zade's abilities at this point.

AL9nZEU3XSNjpuAkwOUcYqJzkgnBgLwG3zRVeRGX

I will try not to get in over my head, but we will see. The next few chapters are rather tough, so we will see how things go...

AL9nZEXyNO6pYZXpFn3rFyoq08M2CBtUpumiiOx_

Eh, I guess we need a new grey hair for Zade to talk to, with Garlan going off. I guess now we will have discussions between Garlan and Cyltan soon...

AL9nZEVHBkWgBmZPL5nNiExa18ebHbXTXDHHIFnG

I guess he is taking on a guide role for Zade's journey.

AL9nZEW7lGjd_Cx-HF5KjG8YfYL0kFX3GOYd_gzr

Despite all this talk of lions, the Abbot isn't a playable character.

AL9nZEWqtDIyysyF6_b2RvJzMiU-_6uKeFWPM3To

We have kinda covered this already, in the end of map story content from the last map.

AL9nZEVnaW0rgIuq3CyvwQssEkFgQlZiI39Z1Y4I

Although this is a rather good point, which is reinforced on that map, as most of what we deal with this map is quelling bandits.

AL9nZEUok-fyMxwNuC4KR3e38XHBle9EFXo86YqB

Another minor detail I like, that they are preparing for all the wounded soldiers that will be the results of the battles to come.

AL9nZEWv644Xxwu4x3y5JBFbb2jeGiWG2-WNa3ki

Also, this conversation actually does something, as it gives Zade this tiny little luck boost, which he kinda needed.

AL9nZEXy5OSzOjSw6GUVe-cZC486bbj0Aq4p82FJ

I might regret this, as I am running low on Siurian Thaumite, but I remember how important fliers are to the next map, and with one flyer available on it, I get the feeling I am going to need this help.

AL9nZEVqv99LtF07XQVz9EhHrT8oj33WEqFVqgq9

I also end up using the last two stat boosters I have been sitting on, one to reduce the chance of Cyltan being crit

AL9nZEULRvvezQBwzQJ3XfB0b1VVwnmj4pxrs0IR

The other to reduce Hoelun's chance of being killed.

AL9nZEVFhRiMFW_lz2QCrbesoAmXeB5H2RZ1HkDF

I also have my money fall low enough for Cezar to pass me another 1K for our uses. A vast majority of my funds go into promotion items, and in fact I leave two in the convoy, so I can promote any of the armored knights, or Axey boys that cap on Zade's maps, but I do spend for a bit of it on weapons as well. Nothing too special, just stuff that I am running low on. After a fair bit of tinkering with my units inventories

AL9nZEW1kExUFCLfuU_tA3uKU4xPRPlgEdRrsC6w

I finally have Zade talk to Cyltan to end this "chapter"

AL9nZEVN4SBB5nHCbEas7GYXjcKC1Oo4nqW5a2U3

A promised meeting in the capital for the two young lovers Lords.

AL9nZEWot0IYVrBDt1JCu3gnwW1kRenZK3E206Wq

Zade, you did just as much to save Cyltan Kingdom. This really was a mutual

AL9nZEUv9gRCuiAbynpeIHb1HWbIUow1QOrd7O9WAL9nZEU3tXyITnB3DXftZ_4qBZIqanOYEbYdLZ2b

And they definitely go in for the hug there now kiss ...sorry, sorry I will stop with the queer baiting.

AL9nZEV0Tq0c6OeZJAW1GBH9T3i1leNm9z5idvP7AL9nZEWTe70yIP0A45l1UByHB5iUMpi7dIISDjLl

What a religious thing to end on, before we reach

AL9nZEXJurow6-zStuFom22J3INrDgl2M5iICbpg

I will still try to get Chapter 16 up over the weekend, as I should have a fair bit of spare time while dog sitting for my folks, but no promises. In the meantime, take care, and stay safe everyone.

I have put this off long enough, it is time we start Chapter 16

Spoiler

When last we left off, our army split in two

AL9nZEXhKBtCjlu_Pur4CtDxsitNMe1tzBMvIdZj

And now we join Zade's half as he liberates the Veldlands on the way to Frall

AL9nZEVVk5JHUvtZRQ57_it2SRxqR7ln3h6eG4I3

And there will be 4 little earldoms to liberate along the way, although

AL9nZEV_T2KSoZlNFx2uBGtY6BOli1tvS56EIbc8

We don't really want to conquer our own people, which puts us in a bit of a bind

AL9nZEUoFz9uy2FvVk_d4Kig4qOrAy62bsRAH9IV

Which Athol will help us solve

AL9nZEUY9_u6TRt9D9Z9KXROn8S3JREdUXcGyqw7

via diplomacy, which leads to

AL9nZEWDu-DUtVc8pxIdg6cLr4r_rzWI5aEiJG7c

us having to escort a lemming like green unit version of Athol to the entrance of each of the Earldoms. In some ways I kinda like this chapter, but she can be rather suicidal as a green unit, and I seem to remember you not being able to heal green units (like Thracia 776...)

AL9nZEUwj44NzIZoUy848nV5gB1x3nnLM_gRR2PU

I do like this analogy of diplomacy as akin to healing.

AL9nZEWooKz9QNad2aH3HTpduRlCidWCDgjCXFWO

Zade is going to be a bit of a stick in the mud here, despite her proposal being a clear solution to the issues with the Veldlands

AL9nZEXNa8Sr0prXg7iSJp2E1OMvdopPCijWZAeE

It is kinda sad that Athol had to explain the idea of this escort map to Zade, but I think he just wishes this map had a less obnoxious objective.

AL9nZEWeOWoQR8GZ_Rhoj_faqeK52Ucfl13OMUqL

At least Abbot Melvon is around to talk some sense into Zade.

AL9nZEWFvQBU83nti_MCmoNkP4qjK8NVH8vjEPOF

Although we don't actually get to recruit any of the Veldlanders, despite Abbot Melvon's optimistic suggestion.

AL9nZEWRXeBstYTnm8HGYCYkvRBaTDw1_rYHC-Xi

Yeah, Zade and Athol are clearly in an its complicated at this point...

AL9nZEWcv5T7xiOQNSTYE58bLeLTVUPkbxvJSARC

Even Zade could see her plan was sound, despite his misgivings.

AL9nZEXTzmXt7qDht5J1_AdlZ2xTkArIBR7l7O9X

Don't act so jealous Theo, beside Zade's true love is clearly Cyltan 😛

AL9nZEUtytAFH0Tt-5zi_NDWNuAbbTOleoQ0ds16

Time for Zade to turnabout this topic on Theo, and ask about his "love life"

AL9nZEVO8CXjTBryAjCnupUntH2w-YJpeHv8z-4E

Oh wow, Theo joined the war rather early on, before things were hopeless for Meleda. Also bringing up the death of his father all of a sudden like this seems a touch cruel.

AL9nZEVuFMZFoyIFFQR3iLgBGX7Tbz9gq3l0gmmx

Also its interesting to see that he was fighting alongside Zech in the beginning. I guess Zade hadn't really joined the war at that point had he.

AL9nZEXRdkLwo_8vwEbk03QDnAK4yhgcaGtcd5N9

And now for the origin of his budding pseudo-incest romance,

AL9nZEWn1sklMGqHHB_tYykgNEAc5TraEFgE5mD1

although he doesn't recognize her as she is, for he knew her first as a half-brother, although that is complicated a little by a bit of a reveal in the next Zade map...

AL9nZEXxyIEyvfENxOpf61lbTqfViU1m4VoiYRVp

But she was willing to risk her life to save Theo

AL9nZEUI33krTtIznbyXXieU8urx-fAnOGlJJ2Ns

The irony of him basically being her family...

AL9nZEUDm_bnCXWH6XFH0AkdFAsWkMrwPkX3XlQZ

Although he has given her up for dead at this point, but

AL9nZEUWwktNFYC18cJfdgtZD0MQvBEhloh1Y5oFAL9nZEWXeIkbUh60SjKMuiz-hMV3zpx-AcLPZOu0

As Zade points out, Ajax's softer rule could have easily saved her as well, so it is worth searching for her.

AL9nZEUgAcYw3kieQj_OwXA9iHD2zYwXB9gtrXEN

I have heard this little romance gets even more attention in VS2...I guess the years really do change things.

AL9nZEXuvvQaPCU_R3cEg014AoUzWWY5SvBVWbES

The last bit about being able to seize reinforcement points is a cool idea that I think should be refined a bit, as it is rather easy to cheese  in this chapter, thanks to most of them being completely unoccupied, and thus vulnerable to my fliers...or flyer in this case I guess. Also getting this spiel about Athol being a green unit is a bit overkill, but better than nothing.

AL9nZEV3VyrHM6_I3-Kz7a-CvE4sC_-mnmtcYJQE

Also the Green Athol does not get the stats of your Athol, most noticeably in the Luck department, as her luck starts at 7 at base...

AL9nZEWU46mlPdHH6FNLtqBvRtmfBSzMMhm8PM15

Two things to note here about deployment, first off it is another map that would normally let me fully deploy my units, so I am one slot down. Second is that Merida is force deployed due to a key event regarding her this map...

AL9nZEXOmak5ZBDDKO-AAREid9r6x-jjBVw0fLj6

Now for Zade to explain the map in story

AL9nZEXdghy1z-i9CRe_ejQiFtiVKXNpWEYlLsRF

It is interesting to have this distinction pointed out here, and determining which is which will be interesting to see.

AL9nZEUrM0jern9ZzbpJABlohLWcVx-3Cgdu5hWI

That does cover what the map is all about, clearing her path so she doesn't walk off a cliff.

AL9nZEXJp-ehTR_UbsJoSYgh4cnr23T9o6RNNjXj

All of them but the first will be captured by fliers before they become a problem, although I don't think I will take the starting one on this run. The armored knights can hold them off, and the terrain blocking off the entrance to it is difficult enough to deal with that I doubt I will bother with it.

AL9nZEXAFKn3OeaYYB9riBI5zFNi7x_sCnQnyc8h

And now we get all of our units to give a little word before we start the map, something Fire Emblem games usually reserve for final chapter scenarios, and I will highlight a few of those, like some good advice from Troy.

AL9nZEV6BW_IJfBT4brR6LmGvsfASuLlS4qsYSa9

I guess she does feel indebted to Master Garlan for talk her father into letting her join this adventure.

AL9nZEVoyxNeREw9rCZVOEo5X8RyaNWlJd2OHEmI

Eh, Troy and Merida were always the core of my cavalry. I guess Cyltan's crew did get the bulk of them, but those two are by far the ones I most use.

AL9nZEUw5E72yPMQ5b72sY2fNHknayovzhzMRkGm

Probably true Cezar, although you are one of the units that can cross the terrain blocking off the castle we can see there (even if I don't plan on taking it this time around)

AL9nZEUSbUmmrfNCCJC5NWDUa2PP4hQYMuVzNsvP

Poor Accorte will have to wait until next game (probably?) before Zade pretends to notice her, and her attention.

AL9nZEXdMYKgsh19FIj3acGSdHjdxkz78iLimV0_

Yeah, it will be, wont it Slayne.
AL9nZEXQzOIMfo4Ln8jtPPulyYNOkWZ6FG71tDzE

It was her idea Yaeri, don't blame Zade for this one. Alright, time to start this map, and visit that house we can see

AL9nZEWWrL6CpFbdbgUcQHlvOYtgJeDyztWo1lSo

Who talks about a place I have no intention of visiting.

AL9nZEXKXJ8baoJGgHaj2e7-8UhnBjHQbrvN-op3

Sure you can spend a lot of time (and weapon uses) breaking some minerals for loot, but only fliers can reach it,

AL9nZEV5l4fPJuwTwUZ_J43QBZ3fG2U4WBUdJrub

and they risk drawing the attention of a dragon that they will have to face alone for a long while. Really its a waste of time for the only flier I have, and I don't know the location of the loot I might be interested in to target it specifically, which would make it a gamble as well.

AL9nZEUfJL0lHJyCPksASVL7qjFu76p72UAC9QE2

The plan here is to have Troy wipe out most of the mobile troops from the castle with a pilum, and Zade wipe out the nearest troop ahead of us, and hopefully Athol takes the hint...

AL9nZEVl6e82-CPFf0o49mMU3_rB63_xQv0fGlAP

Although first we face some talk from one of those known turncoats, who is about to face the music.

AL9nZEW8CRObvK4BMzB6O5exMnmXAkvgVNrdRIHJ

As he is about to face his comeuppance, either from us, or the people he has made to suffer under his rule.

AL9nZEWn4KDyvuun-Oc-cWZk1jTdB2AAqvYSC0XZ

Although picking Venecia to hide out in seems like a bad idea given it is one of our major allies in this conflict.

AL9nZEXMEpKyFOtLkCnZlmiScYwbYIDE8G2mL34Q

Now we have a little time limit for Athol to take Wallis (for some loot at least)

AL9nZEUhsSSmcwcpzIhTEjc_TYv5BuIxKWUODPMb

I have Troy get one last kill before cantoing back as I need him to catch up.

AL9nZEVUkyi_vNpc1FkwZqeP7hweinbOn_QCC6Wg

And he gets a stat that no longer matters, as it is already higher than he will ever need it to be.

AL9nZEVkdfEPrr7mRHKbCvo5miIt26GqxknVkfeJ

And Zade kills another of the enemy defenders ahead

AL9nZEVXyg5MJStBrfqQlJOww4V-5oCyWzqYz0Dm

and gets far more useful stats on his levelup

AL9nZEX_vB1yyQOQ1a4Xo82OmrzJKwMqTwK90ml0

But I couldn't quite canto him out of range of the mage ahead, that has both a cavalry effective weapon, and multichance, so he needs a heal, just in case...

AL9nZEWgrA-iyvqHHLWni1Uu9RWWKAP9p4eHONHS

And Athol did not take the hint...but that is OK, as I probably want to hold her back anyway.

AL9nZEXmMx0wNUCFT-y0u7zFu08gKjXs3W8hBKui

...Oops. The ranges on the siege weaponry near the castle is a little off thanks to them not having the room to maneuver (although it displays their range as if they do), but its not that big of deal, he can take the hit with his damage halving personal weapon just fine.

AL9nZEUAWyehWy0nWlUcaT3hmJiAdUi_kTNbULbj

Also, the enemy mage missed Zade entirely.

AL9nZEWU7h782HsbOjlsJaatKAQa95j1xPu7CDra

Which makes her easy pickings for Zayid's Morning Star.

AL9nZEWcCwxcbLkfhlhzyhIDFVNCou-pbGl1X2kX

That lets Zade get this easy kill on the magic bow

AL9nZEV9kRpOVumwZ2r9pfHF9sIZM21oqN0Bx78m

And Sheela kills the soldier friend next to him

AL9nZEXyej8a33MCnfIUswdnyGgIfEuncXlBjsyu

Although Theo trade switches her back to her personal weapon for extra enemy phase defense

AL9nZEUMU7DDfKYcRFDwR8o-fZnRovRg1CTBjrxA

Zade also gets this excellent levelup killing that thief on enemy phase

AL9nZEVxATUX7rfWcMatQoOyxqwGwYAP_Tfw3F4O

Also, its good to note that those snipers down here are stationary...

AL9nZEXv4i76vhYnpyiGvjPk1MX1x4XBVYJ4EMYT

It was also fun to feed this kill to one of the Axey boys

AL9nZEUSWJw9-eX-iB1ovY2c2_GEzDDJDxFj2SaA

For an agility levelup on my unit furthest behind.

AL9nZEUnrWvEcph_Q52gqyVnPAp31uHiHgkwGgtN

The important thing here is that Zade is out of range of the mage, and armored enemies further south here, and it seems like the snipes don't move, although I am being a little careful with the units behind Zade, just in case the snipers have some linked AI with the nearer armored knight, or something.

AL9nZEWVDU16OmdvOarImSuH5uW1W6ht0EFGtuH_

While they are willing to shot at him, they aren't willing to move yet, so I can kill them

AL9nZEWWttil-QcohDVtjKQKYIyRNv3nKt94qBeF

For a slightly disappointing levelup, and canto out of the same range I was worried about before

AL9nZEXcdcIpNcOO54tet6uZDYC4j-XB9D4R4_-H

Unfortunately the other sniper is too fast for Merida to kill them alone, so

AL9nZEXhLWFJ45DkdMjuAvD_TW7018RrcD3k21dJ

Theo has to finish the job.

AL9nZEVSJCM2YJ_6eFSB5DLX19acyQIvTjHoFQph

And this range heal might be needed for next turn...

AL9nZEVCIFoQV3PZPiJprwxw-Itfi5WHBp6IRwwp

I also have Troy intetntionally block off access to Wallis,

AL9nZEUIEyepaLemp_Jfl75er40cO01WBCrEVZZi

as I have some turns to spare before that 8 turn limit, and would like to clear out this next clump of enemies before Athol decided to walk into them.

AL9nZEXYQqhVLtKGsHETSz9jzWcI6DUNz5RmRJdt

Also, I wanted to emphasize one of the enemies whose range I am avoiding

AL9nZEXRI27CvFWjbFpTBfH8xzLoDftHZ182xUl0

A mage with a sleep spell, who is getting buffed by the big grey dude behind her, with both a high Commander skill, and the better Good Neighbor skill for a lot of buffs (he even has a brave effect lance just be extra threatening in his own right).

AL9nZEVWthU32ow0sf_iol3coar7k21KcgOa5-2_

At the start of next turn I seize this castle, long before enemies could come out to threaten us

AL9nZEWewrDFIkn8b0w2ZlJgxld5U0eroCHsLf2j

That should make reaching the third village rather easy. Now to deal with that mage...

AL9nZEXoo1BwCl1FRQN4OBDnIsfOFz9ibKVl8yBP

This isn't ideal, but he manages to proc something so I don't have to worry much about the Stun Pilum effect.

AL9nZEXU1XriFI7oxfz1P4irmkviVg6OFx2QUl36

Merida clears out the next of her defenders, and cantos back to safety

AL9nZEW3hihACFavJMATmcOuwvheIdAcQSQODW0A

She also gets a sweet magic levelup from that kill

AL9nZEXy_x-fHZn5NDwW14CzMpVGRW0iGUG5Oc4I

Now Zade can clear out the mage before it can sleep anyone

AL9nZEWluaPzayOH3C_Cf-fLqeqlwSDAflLPDzO0

And he cantos as far back as he can. That means I just have to deal with those last two armored knights on enemy phase

AL9nZEU1uC_8jgXZWNKQPiMRoj_gQzWHYUL6BIE6

And it looks like Zade faces off against the big grey leader

AL9nZEWBefL693ooctclQNGpIKkYL61Gqvr07duD

...And when I was looking over this guys stats before, I completely misses that he had multichance, and could get a quad hit at any point.

This could be the end. If this is a hard ironman, the run is done...although if it is more of a soft ironman, we could try again, as we are certainly not in a soft-lock environment here. I don't think I ever specified, so I think I will leave the run's fate in the hands of the readers with a little poll.

The people have spoken, so the run continues, and its time to try chapter 16 again

Spoiler

So I try again, and we have another gameover at about the same turn, although in a very different way. Things go similar enough up until that point, so I wont waste our time coving that again, and jump right to that last turn

AL9nZEW_DWPPcLqoxWTYBhS0E_GH1Fs4mlS0_-5U

This time the plan is to kill that grey beast on this turn instead of pulling back after killing the mage

AL9nZEW1AYmGvvG6gMoPWEW2C1k-wF9GGW-K1MLt

Which requires me to move in with some infantry instead of just the cavs, but you can see what dooms this run already

AL9nZEX-0sYR1_XVoM8RJ-1UAWOkzFZlwXVEpfYG

While I can wipe out all the things I want to on player phase

AL9nZEXMCpCCqt7yL-1v5U-QUznuNeQ2JQYuTM85

But in the end its those cavalry he thinks will protect that in some odd way do

AL9nZEUjpmffWyieFch2VOohvzIsgDS_-i6YWi3v

As Zade can get this kill, but with so much space taken up clearing the way to this kill

AL9nZEXElzR_pTF9QZwxnWTvIFz5LXCsQ0RuXDBq

He is still at the very edge of that group of 6 cavs

AL9nZEVyBEf-rYahD4ontFGVStGlKma6bEtpr3B1

And there are enough of them to break his personal weapon with their bodies

AL9nZEXNARtN2xHocGVo7k9ni8y5zEtSFTe_V1oW

And two of them have cavalry effective weapon to do enough of a dent that he would have died right here if he didn't dodge. But the cavalry aren't the only things that can reach him there

AL9nZEUtR8dShl1hxPy6gsIKu-s_FIp2rlZb4CMs

There are also thieves and axemen, and in what felt like a death of 1000 cuts

AL9nZEVfXlQ_cU02EdkAjuuiixd8tJN1msfPUO3w

its the 10th enemy that breaks itself upon him in this same enemy phase that finally finishes him off. I figure there is another option to try. Troy can theoretically take 4 hits from that grey guy by just a smidge, and with the Iron Duke's damage halving effect he might be able to survive the onslaught...depending on what order the enemies attack him in. Plus him dying isn't a game over, and a single dead unit would also be a solution to this mess.

AL9nZEXUnCC70_2cAhqd2fb7G_LYWjLM3g_REk2E

But that does mean at the start here that this is the only damage Troy can do to the enemies that start close, as he needs to get moving faster.

AL9nZEVoqa96eq4iSQo26S7hv6pJiZVAjMAx8XtA

I am going to rush things a little here on the move back to that critical turn, defocusing on things that went similarly, focusing instead on levelups

AL9nZEXL7YZANx1GKY63LA5OuEs8TgVlZk5uvjq6

Showing a more general sense of how we are moving with end-turn shots like this.

AL9nZEUKAaceWAoTIlQ6Nx6ZyNrESDlISTLl3mIV

And showing things which changed a fair bit, like how I dealt with these survivors without Troy, and answer was the Z team. Note Jean missed the kill here

AL9nZEUdzzzZvY7y8_90U9eu9hSB2Ng2VjtnEHuC

But Prody didn't on his target.

AL9nZEUFerN_75oxAZAUdmHRtHsKbOqVyrqnSAL1

The axeyboys really letting me down by missing this kill again

AL9nZEUerwVLOCqCBrTTa_nhVNu60Tsa1zOro4jY

but the armor knights are plenty happy to clean up their mess.

AL9nZEUQ2GHb_aARG8k30CiGlDtVUTcSZvaMcYfd

And I do manage to avoid all the siege ranges this time, for how little it actually matters.

AL9nZEW6d68w_Q1ExvfIWH7-mh88Qn0RvuY4L4Cd

The agility is nice, but I was hoping for something meatier, like Defense or Strength.

AL9nZEV199m3MOiE4PHGI_VfIrQW0BmcJ_lSRzo8

I am far more confident about the archers not moving this time around.

AL9nZEU-VK4hTEPqDk51zccxNjGEgRe5DhSEpUsV

Plus I am close enough with Lilia to get the heal without range staves this time

AL9nZEWm7mohGg9f7HRLVHsdzvPL2vExIzTR9Ec-

That extra defense is especially nice on his levelup

AL9nZEWwEwaZny0A_0wt3CFe34Zo3ld9zVPJIvxk

Here it comes, the critical turn is the next one. Time to get back into a little more detail.

AL9nZEUFYUo-etAIOKX4KYp0QDnwR9YEIaGY2yt3

Clearing out the way with some of the infantry, that should be covered by end turn.

AL9nZEW7IANgupOjM23Zaf4E93z3ei7CkiKIr019

What a fabulous levelup from that kill.

AL9nZEViWS5LlYTppFbsW5-XNLW0dAIvvvi6ZZo5

Clearing out the last of the guff

AL9nZEV31-Q4WCnuXvWlmQuqY7VYbis8Dj8wZ49Y

Now for the biggest change, Troy getting this kill here

AL9nZEVI45HHN8sDWSgHXmDNdwtIQbgWXxZwov0Z

And capping defense just before the danger turn helps a lot...but

AL9nZEUxjIUW4ctO_cfuNtoVeUVoUdWvXdVGM7s2

I messed up my positioning very slightly here thanks to that one extra clear space there. I should have arranged for Zade and Troy to have swapped positions at the end of last turn, that way he could have pulled back one more space. It would help two fold, reducing the number of enemies that can chip him, and make it far safer to trade switch him over to the Iron Dukes for that half damage effect.

AL9nZEWZkZzT95ZLYt_j4a0R23gly2xgecvixUav

I do also seize the reinforcement point while I think about whether or not to risk it

AL9nZEUdKNj43OXKnMJ5cK8336jmeP02nQIPvQuX

But I do. I do have a bit of a plan here, I intentionally don't top off his health, as if the grey monster triggers multichance again, he will be at particularly low health, to get a particularly high avoid bonus from the Orision skill the Edelstern gives him, and it shouldn't break before that battle.

AL9nZEW-a__0vaYM2A_zuD9Ih71Ld_XFFPb2vGM1

With how many stats he has capped, I am not all that bothered by the blank level on him.

AL9nZEXacfV5gYuh3JxIiNSOX8Ni9HcDwC-D0bWQ

...and I did not account for mounted pilum in my plans. This means he needs to dodge two of the grey guy's hits if he triggers multichance, and it wont be the best Orision bonus to get those dodges. For whatever its worth, all topping him off would have done is made it worse, making his death exact damage at three hits.

AL9nZEWROi6YR2yN_CGDcU2fKf6E7LlgTXpjOETG

He really doesn't have much more he can gain

AL9nZEU5bG0qjmICgBcSgbV-wmKzB-uW8NIvlM_U

In a way it did its job here. Thanks to his defense levelup, he will live 4 hits from the grey monster at 1 health. Although if the grey monster didn't wait to move until the very end, things would have been so much easier

AL9nZEXFERX_c6Vx6hphlw5EJ9cyktD2HKsBYyfi

But of course he goes after Zade instead

AL9nZEX-36KKTKm_dVW3PPAU-L1fcIJNRDt_9n3Q

And he not only missed one of his hits, but failed to proc multichance as well, so instead he dies. Honestly it is a rather disappointing way to survive this issues, especially after seeing how I could have made this more reliable with the slightly different positioning from Troy...

AL9nZEUQchfGyvA-dKfUQPKpDyBiL5uImnu9zW5T

After getting the luck to live I will take a mediocre levelup like this. And like that we are back in this thing.

AL9nZEXa-cxYHQqR7JLQBouhUQKzNZFzZCtZylvH

With just the cav killers left of the cavalry, pressing in with the infantry made the most sense here.

AL9nZEVLFdjxjgxGi1quDj79RPNn_OaniW_oPE5d

Haldyn emphasizes with his level that he is all about the killing

AL9nZEVtOEIK9p2F2APpOMkkGfkPcnnSw4__VdPf

Meanwhile our cavs

AL9nZEXoY-TmppqyqylSsvKLg1OAw6_OylfwhuE_

are clearing out the enemies on the right side of things

AL9nZEUrt2YUfapnGZwgHpRt5AJz7Mxg8YQoxKIc

Like that by far the most difficult  part of the map has been completed.

AL9nZEUi6TMM1wdcRvv28uQfUH7y9URSD5xtYDbL

Like that the last of the cavalry that overwhelmed me before are dead, for an underwhelming, but still meaningful level for his weapon type.

AL9nZEUnOomhHSUjA-ynU_CiO8RQvYY6cecJcYbJ

And we get a hint about what the next big stretch of the map is like, being shot at from across crags, and having to find ways to deal with it.

AL9nZEVWSSf7loL6e7Iq6WwUzo1d3j-03YVaBLje

I will very, very gladly take a defense levelup on Zade after that mess earlier on.

AL9nZEUnP1fSi12ugaai3SLHEPsknveTepCvgRmY

Alas the wicked Earl of Wallis has run out of time, even after I intentionally delayed Athol's arrival while I was dealing with the game ending threat following Wallis.

AL9nZEU_O2Bykpf5S6bcz3byS4mQCxqcOlTxlSDG

His greed, his instance to hold onto all of his baubles has led to his own minions betraying him. Stabbed in the metaphorical back through the more literal stomach. Although the villainous Steward is deluding himself in thinking this act of evil will redeem himself in the eyes of the people he helped suffer.

AL9nZEWpzX0QPnCW1M9gvD2ZG-Kb2SR0hqltWyPF

The Earl will get his wish here, and its easy to see the Stewards' greed as  just as much a downfall to him, as it is to the former Earl

AL9nZEXteG7r_PznVslAe0sMPfGFZOBU_rMqF2_l

As he also did not have the time to take that treasure, and survive.

AL9nZEXzG8vmq2ZdTaSq9dbowaUMAXi7HrVXNKGt

If he had ran as soon as he could, perhaps he could have escaped his punishment. Perhaps both could have.

AL9nZEVAknRlhLLQPiv9zjeLOeP2be_2AArFaxZU

Simply following orders hasn't been a defense for war crimes for a while

AL9nZEXHKb11BK93HJsrCFvIAdKwX7YFkwYZZU99

Good riddance indeed, and a nice little reward for our "speed" as well.

AL9nZEXWrV39EbopqvRAVRdZFv9SbZnN9zcC-6EhAL9nZEXFvAqioDXEk8DtMsOVio-EmOtoXUFzxyDn

Although Athol restores law and order to the city. No more murderous vengeance against villains, but a trial, and court of law.

AL9nZEVrYTHNNRH5uGUBV76CVR7BCTiLyBNx3ZFs

The great treasures of Wallis in the cash.

AL9nZEX8z9R_brAuRqNeYGLl8ZraAXcM7yxyWfWK

Yeah, this map does show us her coming into her own as a queen.

AL9nZEUbbY8jFudjzJ0nbXrvP-sxL3NLEYjOK_aB

For the next city to reach, we have the return of Tasha.

AL9nZEXWvT9bMI7P2sjqcO6uuxAHDdDO0HRyj8Le

Here to get some supplies for her amazing stat boosting (usually temporarily) creation.

AL9nZEU9NWJYgjfK-7C7CKf3JY3st4dBoNEYYOls

Ah, the mad allure, and pursuit of art...

AL9nZEXcasdQC6icb1HXqdvfedwZGGtUj-rhN80q

...sigh. You just couldn't help yourself with the enslaved women could you Kaga.

AL9nZEXaQJbkn_vBKbw1nlXIPYmvPZq4LRWnYPU4

Although this does make it feel like she earned her freedom mostly on her own.

AL9nZEUzqLj0YTGX5xLH66MNCvlfG4paonQ3nPO4

~

AL9nZEWVQJ8HSd_LuUQ52fUJoeYmJR-zSnYVqyi8

She had the same weakness back when she gave her cake to Troy

AL9nZEVqI80Rdg0qiGjC-YNTWReO2XoXYmnKkifi

Yeah, I don't believe her either.

AL9nZEWylRzWhaItHe7AqpqJM6wv85jH3Hlj3xK_

Although once again we have an 8 turn limit for some bonus, although the stakes seem far lower.

AL9nZEXhuCoic9BuCNX2VVbovCe-3JhmbZYfq-xH

Back with the gameplay, we have a few thieves to kill

AL9nZEUWEU6SPKGN0XTnBYjjolimctJNEVJlwON_

Lilia does get a levelup from the heal on Zade there, which is basically just Agility for her.

AL9nZEUXJ0thNVvttVvGgLjoe63tuK1HMXF1017O

And that deals with the other thief

AL9nZEX00uZ-MVaToVwJtU-g3hTsUs5Dt9hcL99J

With him cap his dex, for whatever that is worth.

AL9nZEXwH5GtWCsSkaROg11PVuts6tnfYVBZ1htd

So the Z team is a little overwhelmed by these reinforcements I decide not to stop. Although if I can kill this one

AL9nZEWcgY50CHKMyIfLQF9ZuW7mCGPd72LOZdBU

With a crit for instance, we can choke the point

AL9nZEWxbssRxW4XANgxwMATUp-UaClySWordZQH

With the power of our two armor knights.

AL9nZEUjUBEj1tFwywd7j7OskJfz15uqjCp794PZ

Sheela should be able to enemy phase these bow knights

AL9nZEXez9Ze5C2wjj1J0_uTEtySw9_bXGcdiv-w

For what is basically an HP levelup

AL9nZEUaO_VLT6dVFUTI_dIxiw6r3t23BIW03fXT

Which is better than the blank levelup Bonacel gets on enemy phase...Which does get us to player phase

AL9nZEWgpVm1GDoETfs-ArhOgg_4TcvEMjLywSrLAL9nZEWsMiUqw7KnK8_-twitIqfTmE0wxFL27kMf

Where I have to find some way to deal with this monsterous set of skills...lets look at the other front a little

AL9nZEXaCVhk9sFeWNfBybl5R2A5hZpLWCRKx18RAL9nZEW8nl9yqmN10Rb8Dsy9hzKWACdzL4MOHMs-

Where the armored knights are finishing the foes they chipped on enemy phase

AL9nZEUxXsVc4FO8N2HQ6pci__758ccuo9I-Pnp7

And I will gladly take some Agility on Prody here.

AL9nZEUFuydFLAZqGQnh_WDQ1M6UKHwIdPwO15On

And I figure I aught to chip the other repeater bow while I am at it. Also trying to get some safe ranged enemy phase action on one of the axey boys as well.

AL9nZEXvPwVaZptMaMf52ER5dIu5eulO8aPtpPV2

...phew, so I am preparing a lot of enemy phase here. Troy is drawing in the swordsman, while Sheela is drawing in both the scary skill bow knight, and the insignificant one in the corner. She has enough defense, and crit avoid with her buffs that

AL9nZEX7EfQPU6V9MoWMvBnO7mMNtLiMDU-jkAWs

His only chance of killing her is with this resistance targeting Flame Bow, and even then he would need to trigger both Flurry, and hit with all 5 shots in the 70s, which drops her chance of death to well below 5%...

AL9nZEWKFh66muJpYwvjTEqgT1ltzXJPKN925VlZ

And he doesn't trigger Flurry at all, which lets her kill him for a sweet little strength levelup

AL9nZEWoMY579mHEWSauEyStKfYcRWu9bZNCVb6l

Troy handle his little swordsman just fine.

AL9nZEWshaP8vahsN1HbIuxqEtZ9vPoOeWjpXFNi

It would be nice to see him cap his strength already...

AL9nZEUOyfEPPbeYV46AJfmjZ_5KSlsvyjCEQDr9

Oh Tahsa...

AL9nZEVCRtzizHLBQhFnPiStEG423tLaH2vzTFuf

You never learn do you.

AL9nZEVGuqzfbv0gBh0wZ1fVb6QA_5atLz8uNR5e

Although it is adorable to see both her honesty, and awkwardness of attraction shining through.

AL9nZEUURiXU22qxhFCUFpV42wKIKhczINJVcxoe

I am fairly certain this is but a conman trying to draw in the love blinded Tasha

AL9nZEW41IpjlTFqiIRG_Aar2eQx9HJa2SxdQ9rB

Spoiler alert, we do not get to recruit this "Mikael" Earl of Caine...

AL9nZEVcUKr_yOxDkwYm9vFatbXmJbMKEB-scjdV

AL9nZEWuiK47noQk1GxrHFGhAzfQ-OdP0tCLcBJG

Back to the gameplay Prody fails to get his kill

AL9nZEVmJ_b_NK-zgOzIaQiRPO4mnNDb4l-agSAz

Although Bonacel gets his

AL9nZEVNLhmLOqOwkza7_Sijk4HVT3WK0iEqbZop

And Slayne finished off the sniper he sniped before

AL9nZEVl8_TVdB7J2isEPYbs_MABSvged9espis7

And he has capped his strength already.

AL9nZEX9KS7gs1OgFsvmQQ-1wKZZNeDOcFC4bybg

Onto the next problem, a mounted sleep staff on the other side of this crag wall...

AL9nZEXEbnaUzJCihmnK-MdhZrY6Iwn1uJmooK3b

Whom I will lure closer with Accorte...

AL9nZEXunlpZL20bAyLEwyNM-oe4ove7YwZvQy2S

As I have the means to heal her of that status in the convoy

AL9nZEWNSeEcI5oKUbV01KnMagQkpfnlaRqRHylF

Unfortunately this kinda spooky monster followed her, and is covering her nicely. Although that multichance kill isn't doing him all that much good, as the only weapon it would help him with is that seeker bow, and the poison bow is only scary if he can hit with it, and then hit with the Lethal bow on the turn after it. Then again he could just Lethal bow to soften someone up for the arbalest ki-

wait a minute...the arbalest has always been moving first, if that pattern continues...

AL9nZEW6bWowx50oZpvdXUDSaXCFewmmGRdE8cSA

I do end up going for this kill here with Accorte

AL9nZEW5H2hvVdCPhzuk2xjhURAEGbdty-6Js9af

What a great levelup for her

AL9nZEUGB9Gcc_wx_Tj5CJtbCYIre3lvvPRAA5hS

Honestly, I am worried enough about things going wrong here that I make sure the anti-crit ring can't die with her.

AL9nZEXn-h7PKKqPkUGGdJM3iBb-qNLd2O98Nw3A

She does need the healing just to survive the arbalest alone...

AL9nZEU6W8DJYlZabwnXmD_042ntlhQj2O6b4Dw5

It has been a while since I checked in with Yaeri, and she is jumping this arbalest before taking the other castle, as she is the only one that can reach this arbalest, and eventually(like the last stretch of the map) he will threaten Athol...

AL9nZEUVxulFP_jVbD7dCueOkfFf5PuwN0hBb-oR

Back at the other front Slayne is softening one up

AL9nZEVt93FlMWNUtFALtJCJF-OXpPKqVyEGpJni

For an axey-boy kill

AL9nZEU8fDrvU5-5QcVOVm02hjSVhxEypUbszqPb

Which gets the lowest level boy a strength levelup

AL9nZEWq6CuabbbPcL3MF_oC8R6fTv_7u0hOem-D

Prody also gets himself a kill

AL9nZEXKxLnPANFfzaHkvkgD60prCfXgmJuyRlBr

And Jean misses his chip attempt. You might also notice Merida down there

AL9nZEXKgIR0ik1kJVDoH6hiIWfYyHJl3Lm4G6i5

she is ferrying up the infantry promotion items I left in the convoy, just in case one of these fellows end up needing one, although I am jumping ahead a little here, as some important things did happen on enemy phase before this

AL9nZEUxRDIFVHzXnKr6xHKhx2SBlHlLx_jsSEvq

As I have committed far more than I should have to this whole Arbalest moves first theory...

AL9nZEUQ6yVDfJjUAwvWKEOmrZaCfsscuIMQ9AuA

Although it proves true

AL9nZEVrsh1klDOJtC7VWSPhvCEZMadi6VEh_aMG

And with nothing else able to capitalize on Theo going down to 1 HP

AL9nZEUaurLIvt2n626QY8tEE-83MJqVGz_f7Cq3

He dies in vain, and with such vanity too.

AL9nZEXJ-BmSTT7WsQb1hKvCXjPtIn6DJUwZJqEb

Seeing as he procced the multichance to pointlessly break his lethal bow all in one go...

AL9nZEX9LoPqbxhtpGOeTBTzxsT6FHq5MdxIUvKo

Also Bonacel gets an underwhelming enemy phase levelup, but he is edging so close to the level cap now...

AL9nZEXuasvt7s4FEMQ3U1aqckMpPnLsRJO5Qq_W

And Jean barely beats out Bonacel's enemy phase levelup in quality with one of his own.

AL9nZEXOA8WPdh7af7tsiTdh4VormoABd7sMDbVC

Back to the player phase where Merida passes off those promotion items, Prody gets himself a nice little kill

AL9nZEWT8IxIpkSgD8tS5xn7u5gO7TFTMKbqMd_X

And Jean finishes off the one he chipped enemy phase, leaving this front clear once again.

AL9nZEWo1vza_SlE0lLObI0a65JLAPT9PeRxdXPD

On the other front, I can finally remove that irksome Arbalest from the equation with the ever reliable Sheela.

AL9nZEVE2dxtF9xvHBLcbera9fSucU6QxQUxNhye

...Why? its on the other side of a crag from our army, and neither it, nor my own cavalry can cross crags...

AL9nZEXN3zaWlNj9NYD_hiU06cwNDRlT9D3dfUcW

Lets solve this utter bafflement with this strange fools death.

AL9nZEWU7KIIcDhyBxD0TPh2GWjZw8jsVBHpHZOS

Although some of my troops do end up in range of this siege tome mage, and I really can't bait her into easy kill range at the moment

AL9nZEWuaPdZskpxb8ErCP44PR-IySJPKa9Oy4vm

Although before we see what damage she might deal to us, Athol has reached the second village where we see the REAL Earl of Caine.

AL9nZEU0d29NKW-nQIWvBiMPer_2Cw__aokAsnm6

It does seem kinda strange to call on the name of her father when she intends to claim his throne. Also fun fact Sennight is an ancient word for a week, following the same pattern as fortnight. Both come from Old English, being compound words combining seven with night (for sennight), and fourteen with night (for fortnight).

AL9nZEVMxAcTE-_RCvMjE018MJfnwm2PUX0wdBth

We do also get the exciting news that we can visit Tasha's shop in the Frall chapter...

AL9nZEVXZGL47CqqBvOJNKGWxxTrcRggOOwF_sqB

I guess its nice to get this warning now, but I rather like when its incorporated in dialogue in some way.

I should also note that I am getting close to where I plan to end this update up for today. With an 8 turn timer on each visit, and 4 places to visit I figured the turn 15 save would be a good stopping point. We do have a few turns here, as she hasn't hit either of those time limits, but it has gotta be close.

AL9nZEUhw2KZlBK6IQ_1r5cKoqz8-AOCPqBi74uy

Although its best that we look at the next threat which is getting close to us. Not the scariest threat we have faced to far, but still potentially dangerous with a brave effect weapon, and some means of cheating death as well.

AL9nZEXQARb0vTfNaER6RHEq8x5-JkB93jEOWwpg

The damage halving effect of his personal tome should let him get this kill, and safely weather the double pilum hits to follow...

AL9nZEVsw2VMatUQNhcp-c8-sYMbcn0cXzWOIOOD

I wont complain about the agility, but if he had gotten magic, he could have potentially killed that Cromwell fellow on his counter hit.

AL9nZEXCGs6ETE9HOiMm9S5VOZj7lh44l0i8gbz-

This isn't strictly speaking necessary, it just makes me feel more comfortable.

AL9nZEUW5uXeq_aBrpFILi1f2V1tCUjXlaKZzWkV

Yaeri also manages to clear out the final fort, long before it can start spewing reinforcements. I do kinda wonder what this map is like if I leave these things active...

AL9nZEXpm547lRQCqBx9piOoa4orpU9k3hJctPW7

And she is at the very edge of this Arbalest's range, which isn't ideal

AL9nZEVdw9z8wLM1TpVhqT1VeKaIHKGCwOShAo4-

I might regret this, but I do burn my last Siurian Thaumite.

AL9nZEVw_eprM6Yn8dUaXhKKzV7cpb47H7Gt57JV

Lets see how Theo does

AL9nZEVIDgsApE6k2jY_a44UiRB4AyqY2dqIuo7U

Ah classic Kaga, making me feel guilty for fighting my enemy by reminding me they also have family.

AL9nZEVDQKDsxIW85iNReWChy8aKoN4jaO0rFIJ9

Also, that siege tome mage instead sed its turn using the stat boosting staff on Cromwell...after he already acted, and in range for me to kill her next turn. Such a tactical blunder from the AI given she could have done the same thing from a far safer position.

AL9nZEVVEdaDROL1SYGWne51QbMVNCXm7CfOk_1-

Now for another event, which was part of the reason I wasn't relying on Merida much in that last section

AL9nZEVd8GhKRUKYCWWPnCJgUJ0jpB6xkbMi-5hq

If only she could read this fellows name...

AL9nZEWjUigHPafCEYi1LzeSDW1tXXLT_R8laCsl

...Oh Merida, you avoided slavery once, only to fall for this ploy.

AL9nZEWMozySA1WKK6SnMszkhRBJd-F9sZsjKZXC

Dammit Kaga, you just couldn't help yourself could you. I guess this is just the Kaga kidnapping fetish chapter.

AL9nZEXWt3IhhNNKJQhtev-Zafq3XvuHMt0DdBqh

And now we got some trashbag men promising to drag her back home. Seems all the cliches are coming out of the woodwork

AL9nZEWC9sGew7MVHPqFXgPnaIpcAPe4c3d7a0p2

At least we have until we finish the chapter to save her.

AL9nZEXuTKMA7oNeGoS0pnKFle7zEUUkJ9ervaKS

At least Zade knows about her disappearance already.

AL9nZEV1mFySqkKUMQiKCGGnwaCEjTreNsgVr0VZ

Zade has accurately judged her value here, as I don't intend to lose her here.

AL9nZEVAi-aIELw83hcmMG89yoBpRHx3WPdbmQAmAL9nZEWGA7k2nhRIqfIfT4IWxowm0BvOpk9Iy3YY

Heh, perhaps Merida has a riding dog instead 😛

AL9nZEV5ryu6B2KPLBEAmM0NwtALi57nTjfjV5-6

Duly noted, Zade has to reach that tower we can see there...

AL9nZEWmIkuBcesMwuLAEKM_GE51N4-Y3GVxaTs1

As luck would have it, this Arbalest doesn't actually move, so he didn't attack Yaeri before she killed him.AL9nZEXbqcdsJ4suzZcIBzdfy15uw46-FvyFQHqO

For a levelup.

AL9nZEXo-oFxorA-5eGS1lhNSZ2JBwLfFE7n8n_Z

I am not going to let this opportunity go to waste...

AL9nZEWzdjHQx690byl3Cad_6VSLZw26zR-kEgwY

And that is a solid levelup for Theo.

AL9nZEWCfnuV_HYzy_mfR8xMEMgxO1hsVhdYhwAHAL9nZEX4Jn_KMMDUEpyR8b3RSTSESUeBCa7aYzKe

He really does have quite a few ways of avoiding death here

AL9nZEXbLW4VsKOBNiU2XYm8NMMSl36A860wyf8m

But he would need to proc something 4 times in a row to survive here, which he has roughly 4% chance of doing

AL9nZEW6pU4URdBKgGYN_d9pec5Bs195W2-ZoV0U

Fortunately he dies, and with Sheela being a mixed attacker, the magic gain on the kill is great.

AL9nZEURax8HMJ38XsRDKkH06noJizdGqYoflSpl

Things are going well for our army here just before the save turn.

AL9nZEWN5fe2pkjZHEgyg0J7gD5aqqVh4LAT8KoR

It is nice to get the warning about the invisible assassins guarding this place.

AL9nZEUCZBMlYDAem-v8omRjQad-qtJYAdavmSaR

Alas, Merida knows her kidnapper, this foul Jubal fellow.

AL9nZEWsJjziVCd95XVVDg7wdiJUZ1yg4hWufqoZ

And with Merida revealing such a personal connection with the princess of Lestia, she reveals how important she has secretly been this whole time

AL9nZEUQKqlmH9-as2HIjprjkMYbsep06scbEuBb

Daughter of a Duke to be specific, and there is clearly some intrigue going on between the King and this princess

AL9nZEU4b_sEtYNXNYW_nJO2JaG92akkf9TQ8JcJ

...especially if they are willing to torture a Duke

AL9nZEWxlw2V1WtKtJxM-jeNvYkMSO0c8cnRywR0

And travel into a war torn country to kidnap a combatant alive, to try and find her.

AL9nZEWcnxeHFYM6bOnIqPD1xieKPQLVgQd2ofxG

...that is not a fun fate in store for Merida if I don't rescue her here.

AL9nZEVxMTqXXsBFAtJ-z8-ceAjW6PVSJlU34AM3

At least she is in good enough spirits to be making wry jokes about it.

AL9nZEW1CkFWC_Gzc7w-o8gW1_ntpknzfEg6r7w7

And we have one last little event before we save, hearing about how awful the next city Athol has to visit.

AL9nZEUwHn--QCqED_DGqg0sNeAtLW3Zj9urB0Xs

And get to meet this little mixed generational family.

Alas, that gets us to the turn 15 save (although it looks like I forgot to screenshot that screen...)

Like that we are back in this. Next time I will finish up the chapter, and hopefully we can get back on schedule...although with the big 3DS linked ironman to work on as well will see if I can. In the meantime, take care, and stay safe everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry about the delay, the TeeHee linked ironman has rather distracted me, but I haven't dropped this yet, it is simply hard to find the time.

Spoiler

When last we left off, Athol was on her way to the third of four villages, but having cleared out the fort long before I needed to with my flier

AL9nZEX7j2gJ8Qx8Dp8ravt9An-9ZsLg6W9DmIEO

That just leaves the enemies up the crag, and Sheela can easily kill one of the slow moving Javelineers

AL9nZEWZVNmbkVQfmVikbUAveYV-ujfIRA7M8KbC

For a pointless levelup

AL9nZEWssgB9sRFFJmlmxVTKAVyGuIHNgOq7HpHX

Which is going to bait in this kinda scary character, who has a lot of uncomfortable skills to deal with, so I have her main bond partner switch her back to her personal weapon for more defense.

AL9nZEVHb8xK-zDInz_Q993mC_8_Nsar8iYcAFUl

In a similar vein, Yaeri jumps the Javelineer in the north, but doesn't have as much to deal with

AL9nZEWPdjjuXA_W5rr3DJ31zuAwOj1d8FNOfpC4

As she can canto back out of range of the invisible assassins that might theoretically threaten her. Although, I am fairly certain they don't start moving til I mess with them. Also of note, Zade is getting close to the tower to rescue Merida.

AL9nZEVA-OQtGUEMiPFMfqbP3rd83SraoY1FTxXQ

She lives it fortunately, but this guy is rather nonchalant for how dangerous he is. If he multichance procced into double crit she would die, but that is a less then 1% chance of death there, and he lives her return fire.

AL9nZEXiqAXG_wMmH_WSFtX7y2sgv_IKsAV7PIyrAL9nZEXiQc8lQsOoPEGgUR5K6dmDKJhDi8mJg1y3

Alas we are still having story content about the piracy Marath is facing, and that poor little girl from the last update has been taken by these slaving pirates.

AL9nZEXMPkYeie-e4U63UtiwS79blvx_tEZ1C4BV

...ugh, yeah the child trafficking in this game is really creepy.

AL9nZEWeR0NYng3eSPEn49zcPk6vqlD72X0Km4iP

Alas, Zade might have to deal with the frustration of a Stun Pilum, but he has plenty of time to deal with this guy if he does get stunned here

AL9nZEXPj-dK1ePz4OJP1I9ZVTGyx0Pntm9dNz2f

And it doesn't end up inconveniencing us thanks to a dodge and a crit.

AL9nZEVEk-2MHncXr6L2zo3WhMODGoQ84gmTBel_

Good, more defense makes this a great levelup for him.

AL9nZEVjJ9zndv0NPVUOnxflVV1C38MysYNqc2hK

Most of my troops are preparing for the pirate battle to come.

AL9nZEVp3aprcVbQRbY1EPxv3e69PYJqupltt6Ab

Because we have about 36 children to save from these monsters.

AL9nZEUbslyteXxUNCsz2Vg7QM1w4fkmLoa0id10

Really trying to push the milk barrier with this one huh Kaga. For those that don't get the reference, I suggest they play Tear-Ring Saga.

AL9nZEUOtWI46JeKDWDrOxoG5R2JbnKaw5xzDSwj

This isn't the best accuracy, but if she can get this kill here, Zade can just waltz into the tower, and all the assassin's will leave without being a nuisance

AL9nZEUpCVudO_WkwyqB7OZBQ3jwDJ8oVZZ3NWTM

Alas she missed both hits, so Zade has to finish the assassin off himself.

AL9nZEXQMP_E04crgAp28w8u7H3SAgoxB-C0cWcK

And gets an excellent levelup off of it

AL9nZEU7PcHIqt9THQUbtKc-zn6fdxuI4O-4Nysp

Although there are still enough assassin's around that I needed to have Lilia use a ranged healing staff to cover the 12 HP she lost on her failed attack.

AL9nZEWmDmMmu8t7ZRgKB4fW6i-0cKi3wtKYEO_o

Although Yaeri does end up leveling on the assassin assault she has to weather.

AL9nZEVaJQ8m-SAI6DTT8MsvF7XrNsizX8koKAgL

And come player phase she kills one of her assailants

AL9nZEXKXq_1gLDFywpslC0D4zVSF_18tOJQw7XM

For another levelup.

AL9nZEWueHuShYyGtGVjaeO9ycZfD6JRTX-AJB4g

And Lilia gets a fairly bad levelup healing her back up after the fact.

AL9nZEW-JFF_L39ETfhKkGPC3aQ9SL6v3_ev7bp6

And I have a kinda embarrassing misclick here. The plan was to grab the anti-crit ring from the convoy before visiting the tower

AL9nZEXjazSMZtmpyOR3MvvnFhOmN7Z9321WSVgY

To prevent exactly this sort of nonsense, but instead I hit the wait command instead.

AL9nZEVb_R3WYK25OPY_zIfjxiSPlzkbgxTlTFQa

Admittedly Zade had the stats to survive it anyway, and all the assassins (which he counter kills), so now he can get that crit preventing ring from the stockpile, and visit

AL9nZEUOzH8jCNZKfVH8MoVIU-kOSX3zkHhwv9w-

The missing Merida, thanks to the tracking power of her blood hound horse.

AL9nZEXdfsv5yh_bpBe4idNLxL6ANsmRDVOAxyyq

Alas, Jubal will have to wait until the next game to deal with (presumably).

AL9nZEUoqJBIfu7o3Kov-l_ofpRI8U7Nt8puReiL

Let's not call common sense cowardice, the dude's only chance of survival among so many enemies is slipping away in secrecy.

AL9nZEU4js-HyJJeYaQr5zsQUNaNgWhH2R5FrKYQ

Time to learn all the secret details about Lestia, and Merida.

AL9nZEWqH6QrTY9uvWT7N1ThXcpxKQ-558so4827

Or not so secret

AL9nZEXKE7pEncxq8b5W_LCuaQtskWTtdCg_ABRH

As Zade has simply been too polite to ask; the only barrier to the truth this whole time.

AL9nZEW2BYRGo3Fil2ALwT1tBZVJlV6zl4mmI32s

There is a lot of important people dying of illness death this game's backstory.

AL9nZEUuCOJk8SoXe8kcWjn0paZ6sDVTKEJrixoF

Also a common trend of the era. Cyltan's dad, Athol's dad, the current Queen of Sphire, and now the King of Lestia.

AL9nZEUz9ekkytVsBLM1FBC9e8QLNJvIJ6bbshrY

Poor guy is too busy playing Fire Emblem to rule his country 😛

...much as I joke, calling the hobby "gruesome" is a little worrying.

AL9nZEVhEz_ai7JZxeUDu7ZBJXnJz5_0wsRTKIiG

The classic trope of the evil vizier, a surprisingly underused trope in the Fire Emblem/Kaga Saga games, although it does show up every now and then if you are looking for it. Then again, that description of his hobbies being gruesome hints that this king isn't as innocent as he seems in all this.

AL9nZEXpnP0vUiQBeVbrZv-NtabuYJFNCpvxxVbQ

So her father was readying a coup, with Marien as his figure head, and him conveniently as the new chancellor...

AL9nZEVvs5sdPr9dj5XciWhbgTWWnnWs3ep7RcK3

Yeah, I can't really blame Zade for this one, you have to be paying close attention to catch the single letter difference between these two siblings.

AL9nZEUMEAyBXb1SwOHjrx8ul7WK72wuYERlt0oJ

To be fair, she is your friend, and clearly Marion isn't. If he was you might see him as just as friendly, and if she wasn't who knows what she would think of the princess. I guess what I am saying is she isn't being very subtle about her being a biased source here. Although th behavior of Jubal does seem to indicate that Marion's, or at least his chancellor's, reign is a brutal one (although the brutality may be seen as practical in this case)

AL9nZEVYcAdrF8c9UoKIcfxVpBMk04JIMUwEjs-z

Lucky for us, that let her join our army, in which she has been a solid member of the team.

AL9nZEUau48_y41sZgBypQ3bVzAeuU5x4p4e8f8R

I wonder what "went missing" really means in this context. Was she secreted away for her safety? Is she gathering an army of foreign troops and mercenaries in secret? Has she been killed already? I guess we will have to see in Vestaria Saga 2...

AL9nZEWIcMu7n_8J6Wk1v55K_rd2ZwlzcV7SnWWc

You would think the mustering of an army under her banner would reveal where she is, being with said army, but perhaps there is more subterfuge afoot here.

AL9nZEX_mQyblWiaDcFWX17p55y-5mn3K0qNzfmI

I keep joking about the sequel hook they are dropping here, but I haven't actually gotten around to VS2 yet to confirm if that is the game we get to see this conflict unfold.

AL9nZEWLfu4JWenzkhqr5n-W6RsEp1BJXAgkEWU4

You literally just involved the Meleda army in two of them, one is Solissian, and then in Venecia before that...

AL9nZEWalpA8cHbRw0yujQtYCD0H0pIOkOKhCc-wAL9nZEUQtFKqk6GB1F7jodDZ3YG1Gz_BTFmOB0pO'

Zade you are splitting hairs,

AL9nZEUoPeS8jMLi5DEmehkYyK-2U6-8GaOxcYs1

and Merida has a fine hair to split of her own.

AL9nZEVPZXUdb4SOIp_m4hpYiPwbSLcInjWDBCf8AL9nZEWWiTVrZfYXM5aO8fuJWfFkEdbG_rhTuZcD

Alas it sounds like both Merida, and Marien will have to return with the protection of an army at their back, and that it simply going to transition her father into a hostage that Marion's chancellor can use as a bargaining chip.

AL9nZEUh9jZJqUjvJvGVHtc9DIVS6Ml-lwy46d-K

I do feel for the girl, and the way politics have torn her family, and friend group apart, forcing her to become a stranger in these strange lands.

AL9nZEXzI4kGmbit_WyO1tRLwD7Wv9Yp9hiAjPQG

Rather prescient of him to foresee that circumstances will drive him into such a life by game's end. Although I suppose this was something he was thinking about even before then...

AL9nZEWFbz6vDaDsawBIyqTDUkiJTBX2v5L2wb60

I did end up delaying Athols arrival for a turn here, as part way into this session, I realized I kinda messed up with the last update, as I wanted to get Slayne over to this side of things, and at this rate, waiting a turn is the only way he will be able to contribute on the last turn of the map...Also, it is around now when I realized I forgot about the talk chain between Zade and Athol, so that is some bonus stats down the drain from last update as well.

AL9nZEW_85hun1jHaIj6Lhkzxti1Su6A2ansD5FV

I guess equipping the crit immunity ring made this guy stupider, as he could have gotten anther free hit on Zade

AL9nZEWkfdj1ShJz8W_1-Xa9XuSWBWoVgCMhbPGu

Instead of letting Zade get another excellent levelup on the enemy phase kill

AL9nZEVyKtYxGEZmKBuOijspXqr4xEPZOXOUPASL

I do let Athol reach the village this turn, with most of my troops in position for the next battle to come...

AL9nZEUtWtfAfuWnYEc2URU88cE9uUXo_7JmsA4_

Alas, Athol is arriving into a nightmare for some of her people

AL9nZEU15mpGgC00HSAOfyBlaZGnYzSmgSh4KE4U

This sounds like such a ridiculous solution to this problem.

AL9nZEV3Sz6xdntMdd83HR27Nnn2WtAdzALP1iHj

This sounds exactly like the results I would expect from such a ridiculous action.

AL9nZEUoZThA4Ni50lDUvhpFZj8nGiSl4BxZNHkIAL9nZEVJhaKc7CWQS4UyuvM_T1ncw_qlXCBOC-4P

...I am sorry, I just find "::grovel::" so silly.

AL9nZEXHFBPax-83ycQXBMazLDGHcERSfZFEHIy1

Although seeing Athol trying to take some small measure of her responsibility into her hands to apologize, makes you think she might end up as a better ruler than her incompetant boob of a father.

AL9nZEVKuzl5kJ4GvSVbCvoD8ZRgE8b6vErTN2hcAL9nZEWne8M3ea4qkKpbejtPWnkcm-H3t8ydGMXZ

Again, it seems Therenius has been where the occupation of Meleda really went down hill.

AL9nZEWcj7tG6YsAwBZNLCorIZbcKJFIQOmIHCqk

A vicious form of political corruption, selling the people you are supposed to be governing into slavery. Reminds me of the uncomfortably modern practice of having prisoners perform slave labor in the US, that states like Tennessee had to recently outlaw...

AL9nZEUaGl5X1JhHe4D4nUGMpwSwvM8mcyyZ9-UdAL9nZEVA16ZMMPtuhsqeeO8oVbL2nkUBTPPvy9moAL9nZEWXobB9rzz83QY7kQIEry8p5iplT7nwSsmw

A brutal act of violence from the pirates to maintain their control. Although now these people have the Meledan army to repel these pirates.

AL9nZEV5ed-NE2c-tcy5Iv8cgND1PamL9vpX_c0p

That level of intimidation has now failed. The pirates have drawn the ire of an army willing to deal with them.

AL9nZEWRN0CNdBf9E6d8vTU-8gt7g8zaLyGzfaU2

Although I can see how this wide spread corruptions can aid the power of the pirate's threats, as now anyone wanting imperial aid have to navigate the quagmire of which imperial officials have been paid off.

AL9nZEVOXkF6ZAN7v2gyIaOX6QVz18CP__4u2jPu

Poor guy got spook again

AL9nZEUu6yLpH3bb4Rbxe7LUvAAqwPgSKyDB1H9i

Now by this beast's ugly mug. He is cocky enough to claim kingship over part of Athol's lands to her face.

AL9nZEXENqBW2zAnZNOIZFpxLdC8Z3A3Brf7EoS5

He is a practical pirate though, and knows that violence is bad for business.

AL9nZEU6bFuCk5ul05pIiQ5WedCPN7J2apptszel

Seeing as I have already cleared basically all the enemies I need to on this map, I would literally have nothing to do if I didn't

AL9nZEW7XuWKs7wyYLJTE8Qv999jHl88_n57cMZm

Was there really any other options after how they behaved?

AL9nZEXlQrBodGL-qXz4egfE45zwp3ZjQwtLs7oI

I admire her offering the man the option of a fair trial. It is an oddly noble gesture, and acknowledgement of the power of law, even if it is a bit of a hollow gesture.

AL9nZEW0enugPzLW8daOSsTyml3XAYWs2_rCK0-_

Abbot Melvon is definitely right here

AL9nZEVN6v5Pfcv3yFEg6viH3EWdSJzpcGxmcwlu

And I suspect both Master Garlan, and Lord Zadrian would agree. Sure they have another enemy when they don't need one, but it is both her duty (which would get Zade on board), and a task that would need doing to secure her rules. Its not like she could just acknowledge or acquiesce to the man's claim of rulership.

AL9nZEU98nljO7P2N4lqwtm1jJCsabuPTojx5fkw

He is a lot angrier about the exchange now that he is in the safety of his fortress.

AL9nZEU4-uIm1YbxMzqkBcD1EvofpWwT7o-Tl_gH

What a creep.

AL9nZEXfr5lbyJ7rVUA5YdUtfPRGMHPI53AJggF5

Time to rescue those kidnapped kids...

AL9nZEWVZYL5B92n48vpXkX3asMA4Hei_eTcYl-V

Right after even more story bit, this time for the final earldom.

AL9nZEXfyFjFJExLVzk927dr51J8EzRw9Zlj9iS0

As the rather righteous imperial Elbert tries to keep things from becoming worse.

AL9nZEWNlcMeJO3afCrSNePic-pSnZoJMknKMEWH

While Pandolf is taking advantage of the fact that

AL9nZEVpxFkTwkUpUqRSf7OquRPuknqRUHHcKKfoAL9nZEVjFMkuz6SoE969UIU8QcFq5UeidJkSOsI6

Elbert cares about the people he is governing, and thus Pandolf can get away with endangering them for his own political gains, knowing Elbert will feel obliged to help them.

AL9nZEUPuUXctbYjtHIdSQxhIIcLEBoG-vrkPIEz

Something feels really slimy (and reminds me of modern day Republicans) about the way Pandolf is taking advantage of Elbert looking out for the interest of the people Padolf is supposed to rule for his own gains, made all the worse by Elbert ostensibly being the enemy of those he is protecting

AL9nZEUypAuPOonmCu5vkSAvFC8uNn3m6DONYd99AL9nZEVAWCcCy2etwQQvyyX1zVPfpvW9BUnn8RLF

So he is going to pull out, abandoning a lost cause defense for the blood it will save.

AL9nZEVgOWaN91qCnMc-1GVS3Mvs9fFKF9Iwq3vo

Sacrificing his duty to the empire (and him own well being) for the good of the people on both sides of this conflict

AL9nZEVCZb0bz2XWitRzvpAMz-efo2acYVQNltxJAL9nZEXGW3CnO7YgDE104Zk7c7wtTuK7t7UY8v3L

And Padolf is seemingly threatening that plan for the sake of a party...Well I might have let on that there is a little more going on, but we will get to that soon enough

AL9nZEUaGO9iSr0-sRH0PnBK-Qusqp7mVhRoAFRR

Once again we have our 8 turn limit.

AL9nZEU0K-mbvZqw1qau0GmlTi3b9aBwVjVcaHcd

And now for that daughter to beg her true love to stay.

AL9nZEWHZW08Mepixg5zZbrwmXAbq9MJmQ62OiyY

Elbert is really sacrificing himself for the people of Denton, his own troop, the woman he loves, and the scumbag planning on taking advantage of that.

AL9nZEWNLH0r2lI9vhiR6h2m67FmnI7dbL7CGh-RAL9nZEXkfQhKffKOQM1BEMvHEQsVhBAZSutXToRD

Seems they are even betrothed, although Elbert understands that what he is doing is an act of self sacrifice, and is trying to spare his wife to be of that grief

AL9nZEWYuxJfnqupJW4Q94Q8xTbVkhnbX4XT1Lbt

There is a very childish, and privileged bent to Carissa's suggestion, to abandon everything, and everyone they know to be together in a far off land, without any plan for how they might live there

AL9nZEWfuwzPLTQdmXr3fVhdZU0WUAbV4W9EY_OC

And no concern over all the obligations the two of them might have to the people they would be leaving behind.

AL9nZEWvAMkJfR-OVyZ_bsDwKAg6z1OJKWjReyDl

Alas Elbet's sense of duty is too great for him to abandon the world for their love

AL9nZEWrQRhcPi01ds07DKTXwOs9QG5ub53pkMXo

And his pride is great enough to lead him to his fall despite her love.

AL9nZEX1TSWCyOPmLufLqA6zNeRa4JyBIr3ohbRW

And she is right, he is trying to hurt her now to spare the future pain his death will cause her, but he is too noble a man to be any good at lying.

AL9nZEXbPWqP95TOVeEz9jM4OeL10p0Cakv8wXQ_

Finally we are back to the map, and I immediately

AL9nZEWJlDbf471ofGYC3VYJuhilqORhHTx4gqQY

Capture the boat which is taking off with the children. It is interesting that they emphasize that the ship surrenders, and isn't sunk by this attack, so that it is clear to the player that none of the digital children were harmed as a result of our boat attack.

AL9nZEWqnV0iHliq7Ynw-4DEQiUj8EnwuyGD_7YQ

For an underwhelming levelup

AL9nZEWh23aPkpG043NRetNu03Vf2kuuOMIzXhj7

But at least we saved this batch of children from slavery

AL9nZEX9yE4l1Ku4lrmFphSdCZvQ-hC22HIhAe8i

And that old man is reunited with his grand daughter

AL9nZEXnld6O_wFTFBdAzzNKv0IbvDv6YTnSDdsxAL9nZEXmwiLur_knUl1Ko8zvBHhdKpT-Bg5ItdJV

Awww....these two's reunion is charming.

AL9nZEVsnuQj-9zhBkVxIpmDAw5HZY3Kh_gJXQy-

More like you have Yaeri to thank for her return...

AL9nZEWE-xydvmO_exaMoL6zXIlJro26GU-QieKd

We do get what is basically a better cutlass from this. A fine weapon indeed.

AL9nZEVZcRjiwdUWpHD84ztW6NdpERD8b64-A5dG

This is an interesting little detail, that it goes straight to the convoy, as it was given to the NPC Holland for us (even if it was Yaeri's kill that earned us this little scene, and prize).

AL9nZEVzVjhLb2ytunEdA4kAxGe38AFEgIBp0ww0AL9nZEWDhVhGj89OoMokoWAltTumQpUazeIDY-0_

This is a scary combination to see on an enemy. Fortunately the AI is far too dumb to use it effective, as she will proceed to teleport in front of the troops I have back by the bridge on the other side of the map and constantly teleport over there and do nothing...

AL9nZEXKc-dopbtBXBPq7xBbod4Rg1aJesoWc8ej

This is also a minor annoyance, but I plan on ignoring these two for the map, in part because there is some odd loot you can acquire for doing so, but also because I remember accidentally killing one of them on my first run without thinking about it, and regretting it after seeing the death quote (I did reset for that kill...)

AL9nZEWM06BQBPa7vTqVs8hImzqxcelw_NoRJtkH

Now it is time for Padolf to reveal how much of a dastard he is.

AL9nZEVqorXFnDlwlVvtEIyPJsIChfZdazBy908U

As he plans on murdering in cold blood the savior of his own city

AL9nZEWV8b7IsL-XPDTgGpl3vFCy9QZfgr-guOez

To curry some political favors from Athol.

AL9nZEXOrKPA7oN_lQfcEZLH3z1tzirFmJaQANZs

Despite his daughter having fallen in love with, and agreed to marry him.

AL9nZEWTMJImsv1xh4S3V0HEHEW5VL-H_kerzEEe

He has been using his daughter as a political pawn this entire time,

AL9nZEVevY_0OJ44e46kABipwQ4I2RvBHq_iWluM

Expecting her to pay the price of him sacrificing her.

AL9nZEUWImlKUEo7MIssV7R27S0OKhHOI-DgsOq4

I wasn't as carefully as I probably should have been with Yaeri's placement last turn, given there was another bow slinging boat on the water, but she dodged everything (and wouldn't have died from that alone), so she can now

AL9nZEV7wZjx29XJJnyZ48SkT2cCOD9LUZa7mZcI

Earn a better levelup from this kill, and get some gold from this boat's hold.

AL9nZEWCn9gulK8PthgCwgAHBZDqy_p6lzZOMm88

There were also a fair number of pirates that my troops easily enemy phased, but this last one did make it, as I made sure this crooked axe had no chance of hitting anyone on enemy, or player phase just in case.

AL9nZEWgHN75eVGeBT57AIPKzHA3OJHUhbymwHf_

And this trend continues into the next turn, although I do feel the need to use the convoy to fix the silence status on my healer. Sorry I am not showing much of the action, but it is mostly just enemies suiciding themselves on enemy phase in ways that aren't dangerous.

AL9nZEWw9OUH8JnyP1FEGNja2zo24IQaLZAH4ijr

I guess I kinda mentioned this already, but the enemy teleporting dancer is going to waste her time over here where she is a threat to nobody, and I have no idea why.

AL9nZEVhJaV_UrU56FJZ9Tonh6Y6-Uv_x1M5gouK

This is a bit of an awkward development, these two axemen spawned over here just on range of jumoing Athol next turn, and my flyer is not in a position to deal with them

AL9nZEV8Rd9nrNURAbhOKV6950jY2KOB5dG0ek8f

Fortunately she will live this hit on 1 HP

AL9nZEXF0X7KyNUAbITdz-bUAEnw5_so-l2b7rcB

If it had hit, which it fortunately didn't.

AL9nZEU1NsiS7MvQlQqahStWXAwMQsF-5s7EthUu

Also Sheela is the first to levelup on the enemy phase pirate kills, and it is literally useless.

AL9nZEU9D1cHurs3sTGQsn-ll7OtODSIvA5v1Wv7

And she is apparently in good company with that trend.

AL9nZEURCi4pWKAdYMtGGNUaTSdToiJ7kqujBA5M

In retrospect, I should have moved someone with a ranged attack in this direction to deal with the other pirate, but at least Athol dodged, so we are in no danger of another game over, and we do kill the one that threatened her last turn

AL9nZEUoCgp8PEoUWJAMhV5OK7-QUzkY7KCG7YHX

I also decide to delay thing until the last possible moment in the hopes that Slayne might make the difference with the pirate king himself...although if I am being realistic here, his help for a single turn wouldn't really help enough. The only characters capable of attacking Titus on his fortress are flier at 2 range, and Slayne, and I wish I had remember to capture an image of the battle forecast for Yaeri's potential attack him, as there is a very fundamental issue with it. While she can one round him with the Doyenne, his weapon also has a brave effect, and she would need 3 more HP than she does now, or 2 more defense to survive that (and she would need the anti-crit ring, but that I can manage). Slayne would have to be able to take him out basically on his own, or I would have to risk Yaeri dodging a hit, as he also has a skill that gives him a chance to attack first, so even if Slayne can cripple him down to the point that Yaeri can get the kill "before" he has the chance to counter, she would still be risking death to that skill proccing, and no dodge. I just can't justify risking the only flyer I have with this army for this attack.

AL9nZEVVbsv96Q8hTpkYJ6lAnPTMRXRknBrAJ_HBAL9nZEWihYvnjr7GftYL7xpO-T_Of42-YYrz9Ij6

Accorte also gets this excellent levelup on one of the pirate kills.

AL9nZEUCJVG77vpUeadlCsisCQsTl_Ob-bK1vjuI

Its odd that she has a battle quote for this enemy fight, and not the last one. She is fine thanks to the dodge last turn

AL9nZEWI_qdpACPnNElYTzeDhrquq_J4Sg4ZXrvI

And after that the enemy that threatened her dies.

AL9nZEVUiPCpIfnt5Z0DI4FuxHwMYdtnvf6al69V

And now she has capped HP, and hit the global cap on Proficiency as well.

AL9nZEUBZ_6ue0lpnKYxqfMfshGjvQCAkz_YjTV0

...I am an idiot. I miscounted squares, I have been waiting our all this time for him to help, and just to add injury to this embarrassing insult to my basic counting abilities

AL9nZEVJtL2UDMEzvMVkfkQnLLTWZ9hbiJ_jDA52AL9nZEWhPBy6UDqfdbtfHnDxQ4a6WPOCC1GeOjU1

I had an off-by-one error while counting turns too

AL9nZEXwXLK_igXU2oT087B_SrmDWuW9gQDyzZfq

I am sorry Elbert, you deserve better than this

AL9nZEXK0WtVVVDVe1OfDqYFwVFQm6aS32INIci5AL9nZEUzUKhXMisZ8agahzmVIXiADkROobtTG4tg

Although he does go down fighting at least

AL9nZEX57YIHYm4kI_4QQi-D26bgqvnaH08_Z6ZH

Oh sweet Vesta. Poor Carissa...I've failed you even more

AL9nZEUuyahjwpdwgwYapjJeX9IjhmP3mr0sxIqG

Pandolf recognizes now, too late that he has caused his daughter irreparable harm.

AL9nZEXZIeOI9NrwJ-G-Z503XlNMXZHUkq1JNpnWAL9nZEUxU2VX8CvquMls8caKWp7X0Q4fK869-wIp

How gruesome, presenting this freshly severed head to her here...

AL9nZEVnQM7HTRmn0RN7_7CuiZNAvd5r8mydJwDx

Oh dear

AL9nZEUHj1zSMtR9Bj7iqJ6uji38eWw9vkrf910dAL9nZEX7BN5KY_qmUzr9SLJQYZg85A4QDOmQeq9y

This descent into madness for the poor girl is such a dark turn for her...I am so sorry Carissa, I have failed you and your beloved so much...

AL9nZEV39heF-92JlC0EB4ElRLf1IMj54xs6x10M

She is now. You really broke her Pandolf with this little plot of yours.

AL9nZEWvmJU674Y-jKA5EHIfYGJYHP9SkmB7Gv4e

A bit sickening to see him deny his daughter what aid Athol might give in a pathetic hope that it will save his skin

AL9nZEU3EtnfsacqPL4Dkouilg5BWEgRCyQRiotFAL9nZEVweteL7aCX_9ETe5apaEmm_lb_QHtroYJ-AL9nZEWYs_2sKAuMfdrNt0Hir1zLQGHOTqRFbnLK

At least Athol is discerning enough to deny this beast his prize for this slaughter, and hopefully he does get the "reward" his murder deserved.
AL9nZEXIViA7N-H1fsPVDSBqzkCcMREF8SMVQnaX

This is really the chapter where Athol shows her capacity to be a queen.

AL9nZEXRdB20QKd0kab_iotumY8tRFDR7Eg_f5W1AL9nZEU0jI0s4Jzl4Dff8RDN71shNnzErOZ3elTl

She is even leaving Zade waiting with her obligations as a budding young queen.

AL9nZEVxDKhbNF0Nq7fvx0TKpd_m-YCGEZHQ86sQ

Although it will be the chapters after next for us to get to Frall, as next up is a chapter with Cyltan's army.

AL9nZEXGZ3iffnduEK-ovaZR-Aryoyrv_0inbp_6

Ah Theo is giving Zade a good ribbing for Athol snubbing him

AL9nZEWRn4JbXPJ4iqqvFBQ_LXfpk3CokayuEhrO

But the two of them are still the kind of close friends that can share a fine meal.

AL9nZEXIGgCiPcu0uJSx8HYYQGTcWxuVdp41np-KAL9nZEW9LliM7F5W6oMMrjq6zdWmW1LAx0j-58An

Although Zade is all business with this meal, as Frall is a place that Theo has a LOT of history with.

AL9nZEUA93xRuFTldgLxeng_7n1dTvEOvVN65CIC

And he does have loved ones that might be involved in the battle to come

AL9nZEV05AuyGuaHwTfy9SaQW1IgtgxW9Idqe4PeAL9nZEVWcZJQEC04cYNrfyAA6NXpfHL3pweFwRLY

But he has a far more important bone to pick with the monster sitting on what should be his birthright. I will try to give him that sweet vengeance to him in this run as well..

AL9nZEWr7aA8ze5N8OHQEhQd7FRSLUwafW8xJNHQAL9nZEUTTy3CXAtL1ZAv7BKjYEUUIblejIUvqOd8

Such drama surrounding the current heir to Frall, a secret bastard for four years, legitimized after the death of Theo's mother...scandalous!

AL9nZEWufB0guvHOzWJ9gxHeLK6lLsRrC_AqihUYAL9nZEVLCRndRS0mTI5ufrsZJN65y9Sv_omnMqZ2

I guess they didn't have much time to bond...

AL9nZEWuiNVHPrkV3qXIkz0AJLGTmhVeVWHincepAL9nZEUb6Zol7OUz3GYG2uwkyIf8lG48hutd7LW_

But bond they did

AL9nZEUSjX7vZ9Swh-2hCAmixOFS6BYRm5hQBIlj

Don't kid yourself Theo, obviously you will have to talk with him on that map instead.

AL9nZEWPQcB8E7jyp4qfzycJ9-C-wrjYwTu6ORCI

Don't kid yourself Zade, there are child soldiers aplenty in these kind of games...

AL9nZEXRcjT6Rx_qogFMH15GAFnvAccn5_vqOQGS

I will do my best as well to keep that little sweetheart alive, but that will have to be for another day, as we have reached the end of this map, although if I am being honest, I didn't play it very well.

Sorry but I will likely be off schedule for a while, but I will get to the end on this LP, I promise. In the nebulous meantime, take care, and stay safe everyone.