Jump to content
Faellin

Good maps for general purpose grinding?

Recommended Posts

Just finished all 3 routes, so its time for me to start grinding stuff for madening mode.

For the usual warriors game stuff. Gold, smithing resources, exp, archanea regalia drops. That kind of stuff.

I imagine the fastest way of leveling is just using gold. But that requires atleast one character at max level the normal way to do so. And my highest level is Shez at 72.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Balthus’ personal skill and the appraisal (better weapons to sell)/despoil (more gold) seem to be the best. I’ve seen people say the secret route is good for grinding since it’s rather short.

Shez can learn both skills so maybe using merc whistle on Balthus might be a good idea for best grinding options, though, Balthus on his own is good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait...a secret route? Are you talking about the two chapters from recruiting the special characters or some whole brand new route?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tediz64 said:

Wait...a secret route? Are you talking about the two chapters from recruiting the special characters or some whole brand new route?

Yes that is what I am referring to

Spoiler

Arval's chapters

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've seen the difficulty is immaterial so best to set it to easy and plow through in three minutes or so.  There's a lot of yapping though, so there might be a better map if you time it from the moment you pick it to the moment you can pick again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well did a bit of research on this. And the absolute fastest way that i've pieced together to farm those A rank rusted weapons:

  • Give merc whistle to Hapi. Give that personal skill to Claude
  • Scarlet Blaze: Chapter 14: Chaos in Albany. Set difficulty to hard or maddening (depending on how strong Claude is)

Reasoning for Hapi's personal skill to Claude: Fallen star 1 shots weak point gauges on giant monster enemies effortlessly if you fire it directly above them. And with Hapi's pref skill, a single use of fallen star will destroy 1 of the 4 weakpoints garunteed. And from my understanding, the more weakpoints broken, the more stuff it can drop. (also a majority of the enemies in this map are weak to bows, so its easy to clean the map out with him)

The map is terrible for gold income, roughly 12k per clear. But if your just trying to stock up on archanea weapons and other A rank rusted drops. This is the best way of doing it

Edit: I stand corrected, merc whistle for Hapi doesn't give you access to her beast killing personal skill.

Edited by Faellin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any good maps for grinding class or unit exp? I figure the later missions are better since the enemies are higher levelled, but does the length of a map affect class exp gained, and is there some goldilocks zone chapter that gives an ideal amount of exp for the most efficient use of time?

Thanks in advance, all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Are there any good maps for grinding class or unit exp? I figure the later missions are better since the enemies are higher levelled, but does the length of a map affect class exp gained, and is there some goldilocks zone chapter that gives an ideal amount of exp for the most efficient use of time?

Thanks in advance, all!

On Scarlet Blaze i've been using the lowest level side-quest map (Burgundy something) from Chapter 4. I've been testing various things (such as whether officer kills of higher or lower levels offer more class exp, is there a cap to officer kill exp gain, but i've yet to get conclusive results let alone get to the point where i'd want to post it on the forums so until i'm done i'll keep jotting down my notes). When i'm done, you can check the thread where the volunteers are posting results for game data. 

But the reason why i've been using that map is because I can finish it in less than 3 minutes if i'm speeding thru. Killing the marked officers spawns the boss and as a bonus the map lets you deploy 4 so i can build supports. In addition to that it has two locked in durability jars (a 50% one and a 75% one so plus the starting amount i can use for combat art/spell training is 225%). [the top jar is 50% and the bottom jar is 75%]

With the knowledge gem equipped and all of the officer kills concentrated on one person an Int. class will gain roughly what appears to be 90% of the meter so 4 battles to max out all 3 stars and on an Adv. class what appears to be about 60% of the meter so about 5 battles. Doing the math i can finish an Int. class in less than 12 minutes and an Adv class in less than 15 minutes while also doing some serious CA/spell leveling. Again, once i've gotten conclusive results i'll be posting in the volunteer section so you can check there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Are there any good maps for grinding class or unit exp? I figure the later missions are better since the enemies are higher levelled, but does the length of a map affect class exp gained, and is there some goldilocks zone chapter that gives an ideal amount of exp for the most efficient use of time?

Thanks in advance, all!

My favorite for grinding class exp is AG chapter 10 "Save the Citizens." Unit you're focusing on starts at the far left spot, go up, take the fort. Go right, take the next fort and get the awakening meter. Head down to kill the WLs, then save the last citizen and kill the boss. If you're quick  you can do this in 2-3 minutes depending on the character/class. Gives about 40% of a bar for master classes with a knowledge gem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tediz64 said:

On Scarlet Blaze i've been using the lowest level side-quest map (Burgundy something) from Chapter 4. I've been testing various things (such as whether officer kills of higher or lower levels offer more class exp, is there a cap to officer kill exp gain, but i've yet to get conclusive results let alone get to the point where i'd want to post it on the forums so until i'm done i'll keep jotting down my notes). When i'm done, you can check the thread where the volunteers are posting results for game data. 

But the reason why i've been using that map is because I can finish it in less than 3 minutes if i'm speeding thru. Killing the marked officers spawns the boss and as a bonus the map lets you deploy 4 so i can build supports. In addition to that it has two locked in durability jars (a 50% one and a 75% one so plus the starting amount i can use for combat art/spell training is 225%). [the top jar is 50% and the bottom jar is 75%]

With the knowledge gem equipped and all of the officer kills concentrated on one person an Int. class will gain roughly what appears to be 90% of the meter so 4 battles to max out all 3 stars and on an Adv. class what appears to be about 60% of the meter so about 5 battles. Doing the math i can finish an Int. class in less than 12 minutes and an Adv class in less than 15 minutes while also doing some serious CA/spell leveling. Again, once i've gotten conclusive results i'll be posting in the volunteer section so you can check there. 

I'm curious to see what your findings are once you're done testing since that seems incredibly effective. Almost too good to be true, honestly, given you're talking about an early game chapter. That's awesome!

6 hours ago, Burklight said:

My favorite for grinding class exp is AG chapter 10 "Save the Citizens." Unit you're focusing on starts at the far left spot, go up, take the fort. Go right, take the next fort and get the awakening meter. Head down to kill the WLs, then save the last citizen and kill the boss. If you're quick  you can do this in 2-3 minutes depending on the character/class. Gives about 40% of a bar for master classes with a knowledge gem.

I'll try this one out too! This one sounds more rational a method too. I take it that actively using a character gives them more EXP than just deploying them? I think I noticed a bit of that myself, to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...