Concept: Proto/Neo Forms

Perkilator

A while back, an artist on Twitter started a trend where they drew Pokemon in the style of either the past ("Proto") or the future ("Neo") to match the theme of the upcoming Scarlet & Violet.

This probably won't be a thing in the actual release, but I thought it was a cool concept.

I like it. How about a Proto Porygon?

Spoiler

Description: This pink-and-blue species waddles across land and water alike. Widely regarded as docile and non-threatening, it is nonetheless quite durable and dependable. Thriving on an herbaceous diet, it exhibits a peculiar ability to alter its typing as needed. It eventually inspired a groundbreaking series of digital-only Pokemon.

Type: Water/Flying

Stats (relative to Porygon):

HP: 65 (+0)

Attack: 60 (+0)

Defense: 70 (+0)

Sp. Attack: 85 (+0)

Sp. Defense: 75 (+0)

Speed: 40 (+0)

Total: 395 (+0)

Abilities: Protean, Water Bubble, Sap Sipper (HA)

Notable Moves: Double-Edge, Brave Bird, Liquidation, Aerial Ace, Drill Peck, Iron Tail; Tri Attack, Icy Wind, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Surf, Scald, Air Slash; Roost, Defog, Tailwind, Rain Dance, Conversion, Conversion 2, Trick

There could probably be a Porygon 2 variant as well, or maybe a region-specific evolution... but I'm too lazy to come up with anything more right now.

Interesting concept! I'll try coming up with some of my own.

6 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I like it. How about a Proto Porygon?

The biological basis for Proto Porygon is neat, but how about something resembling a 3D sprite made of pixels or voxels?

6 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

There could probably be a Porygon 2 variant as well, or maybe a region-specific evolution... but I'm too lazy to come up with anything more right now.

Porygon 3? Though I do wonder how to make a Porygon that looks more advanced than 2. Textures or particle effects? Or perhaps more detail, like tron lines or a visor? Conversion 3 could change the user's type and all Normal-type moves it knows to a type that's supereffective against the target's current types. If no type is supereffective against both, then Conversion 3 will choose a type that's SE against one and neutral to the other if possible.

Now, I'll try some of my own.

• Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade
    • Proto (Fairy/Steel) - Medieval "clothing" based on classic royals and knights. Male Kirlia and Gardevoir look distinct from females, though their stats, moves, etc. are the same. Gardevoir's signature chest horn is reshaped into a small, rounded form resembling a brooch or pendant. Proto Gallade further resemble knights.
    • Neo (Psychic/Electric) - Futuristic "clothing" with a sci-fi inspired look.
  • Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash
    • Proto (Grass/Steel) - Resemble ancient swords and shields.
    • Neo (Electric/Steel) - Resemble futuristic swords and shields, with beam blades and disks. Their blades extend from their hilts, and thus Honedge and Doublade do not wear scabbards in this form.

I'll even pitch a couple brand-new Pokemon to capitalize on the concept:

• Dragun/Dracannon - Dragon-types with a gun/cannon motif.
    • Proto (Dragon/Fire) - Feature traits of primitive firearms, particularly those of the age of sail such as flintlock pistols and ship cannons.
      Neo (Dragon/Electric) - Feature traits of futuristic firearms like ray guns and beam cannons.
  • Pagelore/Sagelore - Humanoid Pokemon that carry some form of physical information storage with them on which they write down things they learn. Pagelore are curious and eager to learn about the world, while Sagelore are highly knowledgable and happy to share their knowledge with others. As such, Sagelore often serve as mentors of Pagelore. Pagelore can evolve into Sagelore after learning twenty different moves. Their signature moves are Study and Recall. Study allows the user to copy a move used by another Pokemon for the duration of battle, replacing Study until the end of that battle. At the end of that battle, the user then has an opportunity to learn the move permanently. Recall allows the user to choose a move they've learned in the past but do not actively know to replace Recall for the duration of the battle. At the end of the battle, the move will revert to Recall.
    • Proto (Psychic/Grass) - Pagelore carries scrolls, while Sagelore carries books. They resemble magicians or scholars.
    • Neo (Psychic/Electric) - Pagelore carries a small device resembling a smartphone, while Sagelore carries a device resembling a tablet or laptop. They resemble computer experts or scientists.
Edited by Lord_Brand

• 3 months later...