New Game Plus Unit Frustrations

Let me start by saying that I totally understand why the units you unlock with renown after beating the game can't be used in story mission or auxiliary battles, and why they don't show up in the camp. It just wouldn't make sense from a story perspective.
What frustrates me is the inability to train those units via the Training Instructor. You can level them up, you can purchase upgrades for them at that Tactics Instructor, but you can't train them to give them class experience directly, which is a pain in the ass.

Spoiler

I'd love to unlock Dark Knight for Arval and Sothis for example, but the idea of playing through missions with them as Soldier, Cavalier, and Paladin to level up those classes and get access to Dark Knight is going to be a pain in the ass, since they're not going to have access to their magic that whole time. I'm still probably going to do it at some point, but it bugs me that I have to. I'll probably have to do so again to unlock Trickster and Mortal Savant, since I'd like to take advantage of the fact that Sothis can wield the Sword of the Creator, but also take advantage of her magic (as an aside, the idea of killing people with a sword made out of your own freaking spine is the most metal thing I've ever heard).

Honestly, they need to free up the reins on NG+ or atleast remove all restrictions (including letting you purchase other route exclusive units) when you've already completed a route. The game knows you've done so. It displays lord icons for each completed route on the save file. Use that distinction to make infinite replays more free and more compelling. You don't need the "immersion" of restricted deployment anymore at that point.

18 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Not that it helps much but all 3 renown unlocks come with all 4 basic classes mastered. 

Well that's nice at least. Though honestly with how quick it is to master those, that barely saves any time.

Edited by ZanaLyrander