PSA for battlefields

I would like everyone to know that if you need units mobile, given them a command to travel to a location or attack off in the distance and get away from them and let them get offscreen.

They literally start to just swoosh across the map. It's like the speed force imbues itself in them. I gave one unit an order and when they weren't visible on my screen I saw them moving at a speed I could not keep up with. Let me say this now, I tested it. I waited till the only thing left standing was the boss base and then picked a corner of the map and tried to cross the whole map. I timed myself. Then I did the same thing with another unit. I got offscreen from them, ordered to go visit a corner spot where I started, then proceeded to order them to the other side I went to, and watched as they crossed the map shaving off almost like 7 seconds the time it took me to cross that distance (while keeping them offscreen from me the whole time). Then i wanted to try racing them. So I gave them a bit of a head start so they could pop off the screen and start that insane running speed, then I chased after them. I couldn't catch up at all. And for the record I tested this with us both using the same class/movement Stat. The only way you can catch up to them is if they are on foot and you are mounted. 

So uh yeah...happy running. We should make all the characters dress up in red suits with a thunder symbol on it. 

I wondered about that. It did seem like when I ordered someone to go seize a stronghold on the other side of the map they got there real quick sometimes. Good to know that it's based on whether or not you can see them, that could prove very useful.

13 minutes ago, ZanaLyrander said:

I wondered about that. It did seem like when I ordered someone to go seize a stronghold on the other side of the map they got there real quick sometimes. Good to know that it's based on whether or not you can see them, that could prove very useful.

That is interesting. Most Warriors games (including FEW1) are also coded such that allied AI is more aggressive/useful offscreen. Onscreen, they are less aggressive to prevent them taking kills from you and ruining your power fantasy. Not sure if that's the same here, but it probably is.

13 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

That is interesting. Most Warriors games (including FEW1) are also coded such that allied AI is more aggressive/useful offscreen. Onscreen, they are less aggressive to prevent them taking kills from you and ruining your power fantasy. Not sure if that's the same here, but it probably is.

That would also explain a lot. I've noticed that when I'm trying to babysit an enemy I'm trying to persuade into joining my team while waiting for the objective to change from "defeat X" to "defeat and recruit X", their health barely seems to go down while I'm watching them, even with allies present. Meanwhile I'll send an ally off to seize a stronghold and by the time I check on them, they've already killed the commander, so you might be onto something.

Edited by ZanaLyrander

Ahahaha, I was wondering that too. Like, wow, they got there fast.

I also suspect they're more useful when you're not looking/elsewhere. Although I have encountered the rare occasion where they seemingly don't do much and I have to swoop in myself (c'mon Claude, does it really take you that long to capture a Wyvern Rider stronghold?).