Berwick Saga ranked run promos?

Tsunny

So I finished Berwick recently and, while I'm not going to immediately go into a run again, I wanted to at least try to get full ranks on it next time around so I've been compiling notes on how to go about it, funds for furniture and certain promotions being the bottleneck with what knowledge I have.

I wanted to ask for advice for the best ways to raise Elbert's spear rank, Christine's bow rank, Adel's spear rank, and Aegina's wind rank. Ruby's shield rank would be useful, too, if there's a method to make that easier (Using archers in the map where you get some horses, 2-1? was how I got some but there's hopefully better methodologies.)

While I'm certainly a sub-par tactician at best, I had decent results getting Adel's spear rank up on MShield enemies throughout the game, since he'd chip 'em while being pretty safe thanks to Vantage (It is worth notin' that, as shown here, you pretty much have just until turn 24 to raise weapon skill on any given map). With Elbert's spear rank, I think that just using provoke a lot should give him lots of chances to get it raised decently enough, though there is naturally a lot of luck involved. Also, all weapons that add (not multiply) hits increase odds of gaining Weapon skill by rolling for increase with each attack, so the Swift Spear is your friend once you get it. Similarly, though it is an awful weapon, the Swift Bow can help Christine just a little. (I admit that I never used Christine, though, so I can't speak from firsthand experience) I personally didn't have many issues getting Ruby's SShield rank up, but I did use her quite a lot- I would agree that trying to get her shield skill up earlier on is prudent, though, since she isn't that tanky and won't always be able to try to get it up, while the others can generally fare a little better without the early babysitting.

As for Aegina... Yeah, her wind skill was just kinda tanked throughout the whole game for me and I never did quite get her to promotion range, so I'm afraid there's not much I can help you with for that one.

Slow enemies are definitely a good option to train Adel, thinking on that more. As long as he's got Leon there for Supportive (and does enough damage) there's a lot he can do. Definitely not main map material but that's probably the nature of this beast. Even if he whiffs the hit, he could still train shield rank somewhat effectively so it's definitely a matter of finding viable targets and exploiting them. Probably gonna go through a fair few iron spears, though, so that might be another thing to budget.

I didn't actually consider Provoke as a tool for training, just as a tool for enemy management, but you're still fighting that uphill battle against his 30% weapon progression, and worsened returns above 10 weapon skill. Might just be a matter of finding those slower moments to try and train his rank, then. Real shame he can't get counter or vantage from foods because that would make doing it a lot easier.

I'll definitely have to take note of Swift Bow locations (since it's enemy only if memory serves) but that's a useful suggested workaround. Even with her low bow skill, it's a way to brute force better progression, and Aim can help you get the hits in for the relevant gains.

Thanks for all the advice!