New Heroes - Ymir & More

The New Heroes banner for July focuses on Echoes: Shadows of Valentia and brings us Ascended Celica, Kamui, and Est, as well as...Brigand Boss for the GHB, and it looks like Atlas will be a quest reward. Also coming is Heroes OC Ymir.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess lords are now eligible to be ascended units too? Guess there's no rules for ascended units at all, it's just whoever the fuck IS wants on there with no rhyme or reason. Except for the part where the only male ascended unit is Joshua. Can we at least give outdated popular male characters like Takumi and Leo ascended alts?

It's also a bit annoying how Ymir literally showed up in the ending cutscene for the recent TT+ and already gets to be on a banner while Fafnir and Freyr immediately got yeeted to the wayside. I swear, Muspell is the only male OC they added in this manner.

Also, lol Est. Doesn't even get a prf lance. Why does she always look like a baby in all her alts.

Edited by Sunwoo

FE2 was a surprise, but I can't complain about it. It's nice to confirm that we can still get quest units on non-start/mid banners when an OC is present, and Kamui and Atlas are both solid picks. Est was expected for the next FE2 banner, Ymir was expected for whatever banner this would be and she rounds out the last missing dragon cavalry. (Ymir will certainly be my first priority for the spark, personally.) And the GHB is Brigand Boss, a silly pick but perfectly reasonable considering the attention he's gotten.

And then Celica for some reason. I've said that I expected Ascended units to overlap Legendaries eventually, but I didn't expect it to be this soon. Feels like a waste. That said, her skills are nice and I don't have her legendary version yet, so I'll make her my second priority.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, lol Est. Doesn't even get a prf lance. Why does she always look like a baby in all her alts.

Est has a prf.

Brigand Boss GHB lmao.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

She does have a Prf lance, though.

Holy fuck, why did I think there was a "+" at the end of Est's lance? I legit thought that was inheritable. I need to stop going to bed at 4 am every morning, it fucks up my brain.

The above two paragraphs still stand though.

Ya know, with Celica getting an Ascended alt now, I'm...honestly kinda upset that they didn't just use Lyn for the last banner? She's still lacking her actual signature weapon, the Mani Katti. Another Lyn would have caused a whole wave of salt, but I want sword Mani Katti Lyn, darn it. But, hey, goodness knows Florina needed something modern, so.

Anyway, I kinda wish the Ascended unit here had been Tobin. He gets a whole castle and stuff in his ending, it's perfect Ascended material. But I guess he isn't popular enough and he's a he and not a she.

As for Brigand Boss...it's a funny pick, but what about Jedah? Or Rudolph? Meh, I dunno, this is where I start to get that old dislike of meme influence flaring up again.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Welp, called Ymir being on the next banner. Dang, I love her dragon design! So pretty. And yeesh, she's a walking healbot! And gives all her allies Miracle! I may need her. Dang, she'd be crazy alongside my M!Kana, who's already pretty strong and tanky and self-heals. (I don't get what water has to do with her, though. Sure, water is essential to life, but it's not alive, so why is a stream of it flowing out of her tail and why are waterfalls coming from her cloak/shawl thing?)

And hey, Kamui's finally in! (And I don't mean Corrin, for you smart alecs out there.) Atlas too! Good for them, bringing in more of the masculine cast. 🙂 (Though they're not getting very good treatment and we have another Est and Celica alongside them, eh. At least they're in.)

If I had orbs, I may have tried for Ymir, but I should probably save them after trying (and failing) so hard to get Axe Valor...

9 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Ya know, with Celica getting an Ascended alt now, I'm...honestly kinda upset that they didn't just use Lyn for the last banner? She's still lacking her actual signature weapon, the Mani Katti. Another Lyn would have caused a whole wave of salt, but I want sword Mani Katti Lyn, darn it. But, hey, goodness knows Florina needed something modern, so.

Anyway, I kinda wish the Ascended unit here had been Tobin. He gets a whole castle and stuff in his ending, it's perfect Ascended material. But I guess he isn't popular enough and he's a he and not a she.

As for Brigand Boss...it's a funny pick, but what about Jedah? Or Rudolph? Meh, I dunno, this is where I start to get that old dislike of meme influence flaring up again.

I definitely want Mani Katti Lyn at some point, but I'm fine with waiting for next year.

Jedah and Rudolf would also certainly be nice. We've still got enough units for what, two more FE2 banners?

What playable characters are even left for Echoes? Mycen and Nomah? (And of course Rudolph and Jedah who should probably get in at some point?)

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

What playable characters are even left for Echoes? Mycen and Nomah? (And of course Rudolph and Jedah who should probably get in at some point?)

Mycen, Jesse, Nomah, and not-seasonal Deen. And then Rudolph and Jedah for antagonists.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Jesse and non-seasonal Deen, for a total of... four. So making two banners wouldn't be easy, but they could add Rinea and... Nuibaba, maybe? Or Hestia and Marla.

Wow, that's not a lot of characters left. It really does sound like Echoes has a max of two banners left, maybe. Maybe we'll get Ascended Alm leading the next banner >_>

Celica: Valentia's Hope is better than Florina: Azure-Sky Knight as a nuke, but she is still a dime-a-dozen nuke though; she is not bad, but I do not think she is worth it outside of getting the Floret. Wish she came with Flashing Blade for triggering Luna and true damage.

Est: Sweet Baby Sis feels like a much weaker Maria: Sunny Smile. At least give her a Brave Weapon or something, so she is at least better than Maria: Sunny Smile as a player phase unit.

Ymir can be a nice Rally or positioning Assist bot.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Wow, that's not a lot of characters left. It really does sound like Echoes has a max of two banners left, maybe. Maybe we'll get Ascended Alm leading the next banner >_>

Gotta fill that Green slot with someone, unless we want two red units on the same banner which I'm pretty sure is a widely despised practice.

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

I think I channeled my inner Medeus, because my first thought at seeing Ymir was 'I'm going to get her and throw her on my Dark team'.

Other then that, this is a weird banner. It reminds me of Thracia's first banner except worse since we got two alts plus an OC rather than just the alts. Granted, I understand why they did it as Echoes is really low on characters and they set the pattern of the Pegasus sisters with Catria, but it's still a little disappointing to see us only get two proper characters out of this.

Oh, and I guess Brigand Boss is here, only good thing about him is that his placement will drop like a rock next CYL.

Edited by Medeus

Someone knows where Ascended Celica gets her outfit inspiration, perhaps Mila?

Unless they plan on picking the cipher units, I don’t think we’ll get a new heroes Echoes banner in a while, which is sad.

Edited by Karuu30
small mistake.

So Ascended lords will now be a thing, huh? Can't say it's unexpected, but I thought it'd be a little longer before it would happen. 

Ascended Celica can be a pretty good WoM beacon with that built-in Miracle on her prf. Other than that, she's just another nuke mage so not very exciting. 

Valentian Est has a nifty prf that gives Canto, first hit Dmg reduction and Res based true dmg. It's a cool weapon, but nothing super exciting. 

Kamui...exists. 

So Ymir is released soon after being introduced. IS took a little longer with Nifl and Muspell, but I guess they wanted to get the new OC out as quickly as possible. Ymir herself doesn't seem that threatening, but her support capabilities are pretty ridiculous. AoE healing and penalty neutralization if she rallies, Drive Def/Res and the big one...Drive Miracle if her allies are >75% HP. Combine her with Medeus on dark season and you shut down a lot, and I mean a lot of stuff that can threaten your AR-D team. The only way to deal with that kind of stuff is using bulky nukes, sweeps/flash or brave effects. Then add a Hardy Fighter Far Save armor like B!Hector or A!Idunn and you'll find yourself in a pretty awful spot, and that's before considering certain maps that can make it very difficult to retreat after sniping a kill. Ugh, I already tend to have trouble staying in VoH during Light season and now there's going to be this...not fun. Although that's a testament of Ymir being a pretty strong support unit. 

...didn't we literally just learn about Ymir outside of dirty dataminers?

Celica has a good number of effects in her Prf skills. I'm not a huge fan of her Prf passive still being a weaker version of Ullr's passive, but I guess that's just something for the remix to fix.
Inf.NFU is pretty notable. While nothing is given to the passive wielder, it does mean that nearby infantry allies are allowed to benefit from the Bonus version of NFU. I'm sure there's a number of units who would love not having to give up a B slot just to make sure they still have a follow-up attack.
I have no thoughts on Celica, one of the two Lords of Echoes, being ascended.

Est looks like she'll be toting high Atk/Spd/Res and low Def. There's really not a whole lot to say about her, is there...?

Kamui's Up-Front Blade+ I think is one of the very few examples of a sword that grants Atk/Spd bonuses? If so, that actually makes him notable as the demote unit, since now Sword wielders who are forced to use inheritable weapons (because they are a seasonal or their default Prf sucks) can now use something that gives them Spd instead of the various examples of Atk and Def-boosting swords. Packs an alright secondary effect too.

Ymir has a good support effect. Makes her something of a pseudo-Restore staff unit while still giving the effect of a Rally passive. Giving a passive Miracle effect is pretty neat, but as a defensive effect being given to other allies it can't really be relied on more than once, so it probably has more application on AR-D teams than under player control.
...otherwise I guess all the Dragons are Cavalry Breath units.

Atlas is an Axe unit. Dunno what kind of axe it is he is using, but whatever it is does give him Atk/Def +5. I assume the lost Spd/Res is from Rein.

...hm. Pretty neat overall.

30 minutes ago, Karuu30 said:

Someone knows where Ascended Celica gets his outfit inspiration, perhaps Mila?

I kind of want to see male Celica now (but I guess he would just look a lot like Conrad so eh.) And yeah, I'm pretty sure the power which ascended Celica here is Mila, especially since she refers to her in her special activation.

People are talking about there not being many people left from SoV, and they're right, but there's Jedah's daughters which could be included, too. Personally, I would like to see what Sonya has to say to them if they have any sort of right mind in which to speak with her. But yeah, Jesse, Mycen, Jedah, Nuibaba, Slayde, the king of Zofia whose name is escaping me at the moment (would actually really be interested in seeing him interact with his kids and maybe Mila and Alm), Dessaix, Jedah's daughters... Hmm I think that's all? We already have Rudolf and Deen, though they're seasonal.

Ascended Celica is weird; design wise it's just a palette swap of her Princess look, but her regular Princess look isn't in the game. And it just further muddies the point of Ascended Heroes

Jesse and Atlas are finally in the game! And Atlas is an Axe user!

Weird they're using Brigand Boss instead of Grieth, who would make more sense alongside Atlas and Est

Ymir's dragon form is so beautiful. Naga is screaming, crying and throwing up. All other dragons found dead in a ditch

@Fire Emblem Fan She should dual wield the Mani Katti and Sol Katti like she does in Warriors and redesign the Sol Katti so it looks like its Warriors design

Edited by Mysterique Sign

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

I kind of want to see male Celica now (but I guess he would just look a lot like Conrad so eh.) And yeah, I'm pretty sure the power which ascended Celica here is Mila, especially since she refers to her in her special activation.

Not me just realizing I messed up with the his instead of her, lol. Ascended Conrad would have been cool though.

2 hours ago, Karuu30 said:

Someone knows where Ascended Celica gets her outfit inspiration, perhaps Mila?

It looks like it gets some elements from the Saint outfit. Look at Tatiana.

The mighty Brigand Boss is coming to FEH lol. I guess Gatekeeper opened the flood gates. It would be funny if he gets a Prf. He did use an axe, but a dagger would be cool, and a breath of fresh air. So many free axe units....

I'm not looking forward to dealing with Ymir in modes like Aether Raids or Summoner Duels if I ever engage with it seriously. From the wording of her C skill it could be inferred that the Miracle that she grants is broken after an attack drops the unit below 75% during combat, so as long as you have a follow-up attack it won't be too annoying. It doesn't seem so toxic if it's just a counter to one shots like Deadeye and Lethality.

Edited by LoneStar