>Be me
>Axe fighter fanboy
>Mortal enemy of Shadow Mir
>See new thread in the recent section
>"Ymir added to Heroes"
>Oh boy, the cool warrior from FE12 is finally getting-
>It's another dragon waifu

Frick.

Anyway. We have Ymir and Ymir, and I think some minor boss names have been re-used as well. Barth, for instance, though I think the FE6 armor knight is officially called Barthe. Then we have Arthur and Arthur, at least in the English version of Conquest. What other examples can you all think of, and how many examples does that make in total?

Anyone who says Anna will be yeeted into the sun.

46 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

>Be me
>Axe fighter fanboy

I can insert myself in this fantasy setting already.

>"Ymir added to Heroes"

I just love Heroes. It really makes you FEEL like a Fire Emblem tactician!

Choose between popular waifu character, same popular waufu in a different dress, or a made up popular waifu. Just like the main series!

Fire Emblem fans on their way to tell the unfunniest jokes you've ever heard of

First thing that comes to mind is Cain in Thracia. An obvious name sharing includes Claude fe4 and Claude 3H, although I think the official fe4 one has no E at the end. I don't quite recall. There's also Fe8 Selena and Fates Selena. If you include names that sound alike, there's Fae and Faye, and arguably Elen and Alen. Sure it sounds different enough, but they're one damn chapter apart. They really couldn't think of anything better?

There's also the case of there being two Lorenzs (FE1 & FE16), two Hildas (FE4 & FE16), who knows how many Llyods (FE7 & FE13 FE14), three Morgans (FE6, FE13 Male, FE13 Female), and weirdest to me of all, two Ignatius's in two consecutive games (FE13 & FE14 )and two Cains (FE1 & FE5), although I think one might be spelled with a K). And that's not even getting into the various homophonic names like Leon (FE2/15) and Lyon (FE8). There's also the Kris incident, but that was just a personal thing.

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

Well, there is Fergus and Fargus, and the kingdom they later founded by combining their names, Faerghus but they're not exactly the same. We've also got Deen and Deen from FE2/15 and FE5, then Dean from Berwick Saga, and Sonya and Sonia, who I don't think they've been mentioned yet.

Also worth mentioning Kamui (FE2/SoV and Corrin). Even though it's not strictly one by the English versions of the games, Corrin is major enough character that you'll encounter their JP name of Kamui being used sometimes even in the English fandom.

50 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Llyod

Anon, you can officially expect to see this within three or four of my entries for WYBO.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

>Be me
>Axe fighter fanboy
>Mortal enemy of Shadow Mir
>"Ymir added to Heroes"

Frick.

Anyway. We have Ymir and Ymir, and I think some minor boss names have been re-used as well. Barth, for instance, though I think the FE6 armor knight is officially called Barthe. Then we have Arthur and Arthur, at least in the English version of Conquest. What other examples can you all think of, and how many examples does that make in total?

You know, it really should turn the text green.

Also, Anna.

7 hours ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

There's also the case of there being two Lorenzs (FE1 & FE16), two Hildas (FE4 & FE16), who knows how many Llyods (FE7 & FE13), three Morgans (FE6, FE13 Male, FE13 Female), and weirdest to me of all, two Ignatius's in two consecutive games (FE13 & FE14 )and two Cains (FE1 & FE5), although I think one might be spelled with a K). And that's not even getting into the various homophonic names like Leon (FE2/15) and Lyon (FE8). There's also the Kris incident, but that was just a personal thing.

The Berserk Llyod is from Fates, not Awakening. It be FE14, not FE13. Plus, there's also Leo & Leon did get their names switched when Fates & Echoes: Shadows of Valentia got localized. Back then the Young Prince of Nohr Leo had the N removed in Fates while later the Gay Archer Leon had the N added in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.

Plus, I also wanted to point out that I definitely do know that the Annas had shared the same names due to Awakening revealed why there's so many multiple Annas appearing around the Fire Emblem World. (Playable Anna did revealed to Chrom that it's part of the family secret)

I'm still wondering about the Jakes in Archanea, Judgral, and Elibe turned out to be completely different Jakes and Aimee in Archanea & Tellius are completely different Aimees as well? (I think they technically counted as semi-sharing the same names since Annas are sisters that do share the same names)

Edited by King Marth 64

Ceasar in Archanea has virtually the same name as the infamous boss removed form Shadows of Valentia, Seazas. There's also a Gharnef in Gaiden, one of those minor bosses that lack a portrait.

10 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

I just love Heroes. It really makes you FEEL like a Fire Emblem tactician!

It's got a little something for everyone. 7.76/10.

Anyway, how about Mia? The swordfighter from Tellius who joined the Greil Mercenaries? No, I'm referring to Kyle's sister, who married a Frelian noble, as seen in his support with Forde.

1 hour ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Anyway, how about Mia? The swordfighter from Tellius who joined the Greil Mercenaries? No, I'm referring to Kyle's sister, who married a Frelian noble, as seen in his support with Forde.

Okay, I think you might have beaten everyone else with the most obscure one. Though that does remind me that we have two Monicas (who were recently characters never actually seen on screen and had loved ones obsessed with her that went to such great lengths to see her again they became villains).

2 hours ago, Malfaria said:

Also Isn't Vanessa's Pegasus Named Titania, like the red hair Greil Merc?

If we are counting the mounts, we need to add Cherche/Gerome's wyvern Minerva, Fee's Pegasus Mahnya, and possibly even Sophie's horse Avel (which is a reference to Abel, as the v/b can sometimes be kinda ambiguous in how they are represented in Japanese)

To add a human answer to the list there is Alva, one of the three Cross Knight defenders of Lachesis, and Alva, the playable unit in Thracia 776

14 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Plus, I also wanted to point out that I definitely do know that the Annas

21 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

POV: You are about to need a lot of sunscreen

Punching_Pepe_Banner.jpg

11 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

22 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

Fire Emblem fans on their way to tell the unfunniest jokes you've ever heard of

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

If we are counting the mounts, we need to add Cherche/Gerome's wyvern Minerva, Fee's Pegasus Mahnya, and possibly even Sophie's horse Avel (which is a reference to Abel, as the v/b can sometimes be kinda ambiguous in how they are represented in Japanese)

To add a human answer to the list there is Alva, one of the three Cross Knight defenders of Lachesis, and Alva, the playable unit in Thracia 776

On that note, there's a Sophie and a Sophia, and also a kingdom and historic person called Zofia.

3 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

On 7/18/2022 at 6:43 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

POV: You are about to need a lot of sunscreen

Punching_Pepe_Banner.jpg

Uses Counter for protection.

images.jpg.4f62b7e33df5aa85a90611fcf5b2ba62.jpg

Still that the Anna family is still a mystery since we don't know why every Anna Sisters shared the same name. Even in Fates that the DLC Anna mentions to Corrin that she kind of disliked sharing the same names due to a lot of the Anna Sisters are being identical. They are technically counted as many names have been re-used.

23 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Uses Counter for protection.

Is_wii_nihil.png

As an aside, and this might not be agreed upon by the rest of you, I would be more interested in characters with names that are spelled the same.

• 5 weeks later...

An intentional case, but there's Ced in Genealogy of the Holy War/Thracia, and Ced the Crusader in the backstory (and in both cases I kind of prefer Sety).

Edited by Jotari