Remaining Legendary candidates and how they can fight

Jotari

Heroes has been going on for quite a while. We've come to a point where they've almost burned through their supply of Legendary units. So let's put our heads together and see what the remaining candidates are and how they could fight. From what I can tell, these are the most likely candidates (and their weapon types in their original games)

*Elincia (Flying, Sword, Staff)

*Male Corrin (Sword, Tome, Staff, Dragon Stone)

*Ninian (technically no weapon, but dragon powers in canon)

*Male Robin (Sword, Tome)

*Female Robin (Sword Tome)

*Deidre (Tome, Staff)

*Sothe (Daggers)

*Male Kris (All weapons)

*Female Kris (All weapons)

*Seteth, as Cichol (Lance, Flying)

*Flayn, as Cethlainn (Staff, magic, primary, but also lance adept with pegasus)

*Shez (Sword, Tome)

Notes

*Tsubasa appeared on the Fire Emblem leads banner, but I doubt we'll ever be getting a TMS Legendary or Mythic.

*Technically Female Robin has been a legendary, but it was Grima miscategorized under Robin's name (yes, I still think calling those units Robin is silly)

*Kris didn't appear on the Fire Emblem leads banner, but they are an avatar so I find them getting a legend eventually to be likely. Plus I think they debuted after that banner which makes sense for them not being on it.

*Characters don't need to stick to their canon weapons. A lot have been randomly given horses and bows.

*Three Hopes characters might not get into the game, but we can still discuss potential ways of using Shez. The other Warrior protagonists also have some (minute) potential.

So can you think of any other legendary candidates? And how do you think these ones would fight in Heroes, Some of them already fight pretty much exactly like their in game ideas, so they might mix stuff up. Overall I'm most surprised we haven't gotten Robin as a legendary yet. Nor have we gotten any sword Robins at all.

I'm not just looking for movement+weapon combinations, but see if you can come up with some ideas as to how they'll actually fight and function as a unit with niches and all. Ninian is probably the most interesting in that regard being a dancer.

Another character I'd consider is Elice, Marth's sister. But she hasn't even gotten into the game as a base unit yet.

I haven't put any villains on the above list since it hasn't been a standard yet (Grima excepting), but I think that's a direction they'll need to go with legendairies eventually. Especially since ones like Zephiel and Julius are so underwhelming. Also the best way to get Emperor Alvis.

Edited by Jotari

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

actually i can think of some Legendary chars:

Takumi

Leo

Elise

Sakura

Camilla

and that other sister i forgot the name

Yeah, i was thinking about the other Fates siblings. And I do think we'll get them eventually, as Elise would make a good candidate for Bifrost. In fact it's almost surprising they never gave us legendary Camilla with how many alts they liked to make for her back in the day.

All these units' default forms in the game are already like their Fates classes, so to play around a bit, I think I'd like to see Takumi using Ranjito. Logically there shouldn't be any reason the younger siblings can't use the other weapons,  and if you manage to make Takumi a swordmaster in Fates, he already displays as Sumeragi, which would be a fun design to utilize.

And if there is some kind of lore saying Takumi can't use Ranjito, then he could use the Hagakure Blade instead. Coming to think of it, there's a lot of weapons the other Fates royals can  use since Heroes has a bizarre fear of acknowledging the S Ranked weapons in Fates. As I said, Takumi could use Hagakure Blade, Elise could use Bifrost, Hinoka could use Water Wheel, Sakura could use Pursuer, Camilla or Leo could use Ginnungagap

Edited by Jotari

Characters from the Fire Emblem Leads banner that aren't yet available as Legendary Heroes:

• Deirdre
    • If she has Naga, she'll likely be a colorless tome infantry to not have the same class as the other three units with Naga. However, I think she's a bit more likely to come with a staff, possibly a take on Silence.
  • Ninian
    • All three of the dragon dancers are blue infantry, so a Legendary version of Ninian is likely to be either green or colorless and ideally can kill two fire dragons and lower a third to 120 HP from whatever it started at with a single attack. Probably still infantry, though.
  • Elincia
    • While Elincia can canonically use a staff, I don't think she'll have one as a Legendary Hero. A variant of Amiti is more likely, but she could also come with an original weapon.
  • Sothe
    • Green dagger, probably infantry. Both of his current Heroes epithets specifically refer to him with the color green. If Legendary Sothe isn't green, something is wrong.
  • Male Robin
    • Levin Sword is the most popular option for him. It's also possible that he'll be a tome unit that has the Levin Sword as part of its animation like the Legendary Byleths. Might float, but probably not.
  • Male Corrin
    • Omega Yato is the most popular option for him.
  • Tsubasa
    • Lance flier. Likely has a variation of Sing, though not necessarily on the Assist slot.

And Grail units that weren't on the banner, but probably qualify:

• Finn
    • Lance cavalry.
  • Itsuki
    • Sword. Probably infantry.

And a bunch of characters that border Ascended or border Mythic that are viable options when we eventually run out of the above (not exhaustive):

• Male Kris, Female Kris
    • Whatever.
  • Cuan
    • Lance cavalry with a Gae Bolg that doesn't suck. Might be dead like Sigurd.
  • Eldigan
    • Sword cavalry with a new Mystletainn. Might also be dead.
  • Levn
    • Green or colorless tome infantry.
  • Innes
    • Some color of bow with a Nidhogg that doesn't suck. Despite being locked to the Sniper class in his source game, he could potentially be cavalry like Hayden or get a wyvern like his summer version.
  • Tana
    • Lance flier with a Vidofnir that doesn't suck.
  • Larchel
    • Colorless tome cavalry with an Ivaldi that doesn't suck or staff cavalry with Latona. Or they could be interesting and have Latona as an Assist skill while still being a tome unit or a bit less interesting and have Ivaldi as a staff weapon with Latona as a staff Assist (but still more interesting than what Elimine got).
  • Joshua
    • Sword infantry in his Swordmaster promotion with an Audhumla that doesn't suck to contrast with his Ascended version, which is in his Assassin promotion.
  • Lyon
    • No idea what they'd do with a Legendary Lyon, but he's also a potential candidate for receiving the Legendary dead Sigurd treatment.
  • Caineghis, Skrimir, Tibarn, Naesala, Reyson, Nailah
    • Beasts of an arbitrary color with their canon movement type.
  • Kurthnaga
    • Dragon of an arbitrary color. Could be infantry or armored. Potentially flying, but unlikely.
  • Sephiran
    • In contrast to Lehran, who is more likely to be Mythic. Creiddylad is likely a blue or colorless tome.
  • Awakening Tiki
    • Borderline Mythic as Future Past Naga if she doesn't get that as her CYL version next month, but could just be normal Tiki. Color could be anything, and movement type could be anything but cavalry.
  • Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura, Camilla, Leo, Elise
    • Not familiar enough with Fates to know what classes they could be.

And maybe the Warriors main characters, but there's no sign yet that Warriors is ever going to be represented in this game.

Edited by Ice Dragon
Added the Laguz kings

55 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Characters from the Fire Emblem Leads banner that aren't yet available as Legendary Heroes:

• Deirdre
    • If she has Naga, she'll likely be a colorless tome infantry to not have the same class as the other three units with Naga. However, I think she's a bit more likely to come with a staff, possibly a take on Silence.

I too hope Deirdre comes with a silence staff. Though, that has my mind wondering off topic and thinking if we could ever see Kishuna as a character.

• Elincia
    • While Elincia can canonically use a staff, I don't think she'll have one as a Legendary Hero. A variant of Amiti is more likely, but she could also come with an original weapon.

I don't see why they'd give her a made up weapon unless they just really want to give her a lance or something. I am really hoping for staff flier though given the dearth of possibilities there. Perhaps Matrona. 

•  
  • Male Robin
    • Levin Sword is the most popular option for him. It's also possible that he'll be a tome unit that has the Levin Sword as part of its animation like the Legendary Byleths. Might float, but probably not.

So do you think Grima means we won't get female Robin?

• Male Corrin
    • Omega Yato is the most popular option for him.

I wouldn't be surprised if they went Dragon again. There isn't actually a whole lot of dragons left aside from random Archanean bosses. Especially in the realm of legendairies. Unless they want to make Nowi a legendary. We might see legendaey adult Tiki at some point.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

• Ninian
    • All three of the dragon dancers are blue infantry, so a Legendary version of Ninian is likely to be either green or colorless and ideally can kill two fire dragons and lower a third to 120 HP from whatever it started at with a single attack. Probably still infantry, though.

An armoured dancer would be contrary to useful logic, but it's still something I wouldn't mind seeing. She could also be a flier as flying is something she demonstrably does in the plot.

•  

I'm gonna bet that of the remaining Fates siblings, Leo and Takumi will get legendaries since they have personal weapons. Sakura and Elise don't seem to fit legendary well, I think they'll get Ascended versions instead. Hinoka and Camilla seem more Ascended to me, but they could throw them in as legendaries too eventually if they feel like it.

Otherwise, my thoughts are pretty similar to @Ice Dragon's list.

7 minutes ago, Jotari said:

So do you think Grima means we won't get female Robin?

I think Grima makes Female Robin unavailable as a Legendary Hero, but she's a likely candidate for another Ascended Hero that already has a Legendary version. It would be nice to eventually get her in her Grandmaster outfit since they decided to use her Tactician outfit for her Legendary version for some reason.

9 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they went Dragon again. There isn't actually a whole lot of dragons left aside from random Archanean bosses. Especially in the realm of legendairies. Unless they want to make Nowi a legendary. We might see legendaey adult Tiki at some point.

We still have seasonal and Ascended alts available, so I don't think that's too much of a problem, especially after dragons took over Halloween.

As far as Legendary Heroes go, that just reminded me that the Laguz kings are definitely available as options. I've edited them in. Kurthnaga is a possibility for another dragon Legendary Hero.

15 minutes ago, Jotari said:

She could also be a flier as flying is something she demonstrably does in the plot.

If you're referring to how she reached Roland's cave, Akaneian ice dragons can canonically swim in their dragon form (they even have fins), and Ninian's dragon form is extremely similar to Akaneia's ice dragons.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think Grima makes Female Robin unavailable as a Legendary Hero, but she's a likely candidate for another Ascended Hero that already has a Legendary version. It would be nice to eventually get her in her Grandmaster outfit since they decided to use her Tactician outfit for her Legendary version for some reason.

We still have seasonal and Ascended alts available, so I don't think that's too much of a problem, especially after dragons took over Halloween.

As far as Legendary Heroes go, that just reminded me that the Laguz kings are definitely available as options. I've edited them in. Kurthnaga is a possibility for another dragon Legendary Hero.

Ah yes, I meant to directly bring up Tibarn when making the thread as he is functionally a lord in Radiant Dawn.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you're referring to how she reached Roland's cave, Akaneian ice dragons can canonically swim in their dragon form (they even have fins), and Ninian's dragon form is extremely similar to Akaneia's ice dragons.

Does the game not say she flies? I have it in my head that the game says she flies.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Ah yes, I meant to directly bring up Tibarn when making the thread as he is functionally a lord in Radiant Dawn.

Does the game not say she flies? I have it in my head that the game says she flies.

https://serenesforest.net/blazing-sword/scripts/game-script/eliwoods-story/chapter-28-valorous-roland/

This was my best guess for a scene that might mention it, but I don't see anything about flight.

Halloween Ninian floats of her own accord, so Heroes might've just given her the ability to fly anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

In addition to the other potential characters, I’m convinced that Soren, Felicia, Jakob, Lissa and Frederick (in that order of likelihood) have a fighting chance of becoming Legendary Heroes in the future. Felicia, Jakob and Lissa are among the very few canon staff options (though Mist may have a decent chance), Jakob and Felicia along with Sothe and Soren (as a Sage, since Radiant Dawn sages wield daggers and tomes) are the only canon dagger options, they appear in some of the earliest scenes in their respective games and are major characters throughout. If I recall correctly, none of them can truly die; they still appear in scenes even though they’re no longer playable. Also, they’re all important enough to be on the covers of their respective games (except poor Soren,) and they’re all at least moderately popular characters.

4 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

In addition to the other potential characters, I’m convinced that Soren, Felicia, Jakob, Lissa and Frederick (in that order of likelihood) have a fighting chance of becoming Legendary Heroes in the future.

Legendary Soren as the acknowledged Prince of Daein would be pretty great, not going to lie. Especially if they make him a Malig Knight.

4 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

Felicia, Jakob and Lissa are among the very few canon staff options (though Mist may have a decent chance), Jakob and Felicia along with Sothe and Soren (as a Sage, since Radiant Dawn sages wield daggers and tomes) are the only canon dagger options, they appear in some of the earliest scenes in their respective games and are major characters throughout. If I recall correctly, none of them can truly die; they still appear in scenes even though they’re no longer playable. Also, they’re all important enough to be on the covers of their respective games (except poor Soren,) and they’re all at least moderately popular characters.

We already have stave Mist. Much like Nana, I expect if we get a legendary version she'll be sword cavalry with Florete.

Kris kinda has precedent to be skipped over for a legendary alt. But if they do, I kinda support female Kris getting that just due to the fact she has no alts at all while male Kris has one already.

Just due to popularity, and his whole thing of not wanting to be the one taking all the credit. A large part of his ending was not wanting to be recorded in the history books.

Edited by Faellin