Which Fire Emblems could use an Echoes remake next?

PostZordem

Which Fire Emblems could use the Echoes treatment next?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which Fire Emblem game(s) could use the remake treatment next?

• Shadows of Jugdral (Genealogy of the Holy War + Thracia 776)
    • Shadows of Elibe (Binding Blade + Blazing Sword)
    • Shadows of Magvel (Sacred Stones)
    • Shadows of Tellius (Path of Radiance + Radiant Dawn)

Since Fire Emblem Gaiden's remake: Shadows of Valentia was released back in 2017, there have been rumors as to which Fire Emblem would be the next one to receive the Echoes treatment next. I've decided to pair up Fire Emblems that take place on the same continent since their stories, characters and setting are connected. Shadow Dragon & The Blade of Light and Mystery of the Emblem won't be included on the poll because they've technically already gotten remakes. I also won't be including any Fire Emblems from Awakening onwards since they aren't exactly in need of being remade anytime soon. 

My personal vote goes to the Jugdral games because:

1. They're the oldest Fire Emblem games without a remake.
  2. Like Binding Blade and FE3, they haven't been officially released outside of Japan. 
  3. I feel that the quality of life changes and upgrades could be the most beneficial to the Jugdral games compared to the others on the poll.

So between Jugdral (FE4 + FE5), Elibe (FE6 + FE7), Magvel (FE8) and Tellius (FE9 + FE10), which Fire Emblem(s) would you like to see remade on the newest Nintendo system?

Edited by CyberZord

Personally, even though I really don't like Path of Radiance, I think that FE9 and 10 deserve a remake on a modern console if only for how inaccessible they are to play. Tellius isn't as popular in Japan, but in my opinion, its gameplay stands out enough that it wouldn't need much of an overhaul, especially for Radiant Dawn. I wouldn't mind seeing different balancing in FE9, or at least having a better hard difficulty, and I think Radiant Dawn does need to give its characters more characterization (Ideally through info conversations instead of supports, though), but overall, they're pretty solid starting points.

Jugdral. Between the age of the games, the QoL changes that have been implemented in the series since then, the popularity in Japan (and outside it among those who've played it), they deserve to go next; and frankly they're also the final Kaga-Era games that haven't gotten a remake. 

Elibe, Tellius, and Magvel need access to play at best and remasters with small graphic and QoL updates at worst. Those can tide people over until it's their turn to be remade. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

Jugdral probably deserves it the most. Like Gaiden, it features a cast that's relatively unknown outside of Japan (unless you play Heroes, and even then), and it has a unique style of gameplay. They're also the oldest games in the franchise without remakes and could definitely use the upgrade in quality more than any other game.

The Judgral games are next. They were never released outside of Japan and they're next in chronological order. That said, as someone who was not a fan of Echoes, I hope that the Judgral remake is a more thorough and less haphazard remake than Shadows of Valentia was.

The Tellius games don't need remakes; they just need either ports or remasters. The Tellius games are perfectly fine as they are; they only really have smaller issues that a port or remaster can easily fix.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Personally, even though I really don't like Path of Radiance, I think that FE9 and 10 deserve a remake on a modern console if only for how inaccessible they are to play. Tellius isn't as popular in Japan, but in my opinion, its gameplay stands out enough that it wouldn't need much of an overhaul, especially for Radiant Dawn. I wouldn't mind seeing different balancing in FE9, or at least having a better hard difficulty, and I think Radiant Dawn does need to give its characters more characterization (Ideally through info conversations instead of supports, though), but overall, they're pretty solid starting points.

The pricing of the Tellius games (especially PoR) nowadays don't help with that either. While I don't think that they should be the first games to be remade like SoV, $300 for a used copy of PoR is a deal-breaker for just about anyone, so I can get behind remaking (or at least remastering) the Tellius games later down the line even if it's just to offer a more affordable means to buy them. 

1 hour ago, Use the Falchion said:

Jugdral. Between the age of the games, the QoL changes that have been implemented in the series since then, the popularity in Japan (and outside it among those who've played it), they deserve to go next; and frankly they're also the final Kaga-Era games that haven't gotten a remake. 

Elibe, Tellius, and Magvel need access to play at best and remasters with small graphic and QoL updates at worst. Those can tide people over until it's their turn to be remade. 

I definitely agree with you there. In my opinion, Genealogy of the Holy War + Thracia 776 need the Echoes treatment the most since they're currently the oldest Fire Emblem games that haven't been remade. Plus, they never got officially released outside of Japan. Easily the most deserving games of being given an Echoes remake first. I'd love to see IS remake the Jugdral games in the same vein that Gaiden was remade.

1 minute ago, vanguard333 said:

The Judgral games are next. They were never released outside of Japan and they're next in chronological order. That said, as someone who was not a fan of Echoes, I hope that the Judgral remake is a more thorough and less haphazard remake than Shadows of Valentia was.

The Tellius games don't need remakes; they just need either ports or remasters. The Tellius games are perfectly fine as they are; they only really have smaller issues that a port or remaster can easily fix.

I sure hope that Judgral is up next. It sounds like an interesting duology of games and would love to see them on a modern system. I've only just started Shadows of Valentia recently so I'm curious as to what you didn't like about Gaiden's remake and what you'd like a "Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Jugdral" game to look like.

Yeah, I agree with you there. Tellius isn't in much of a need for a remake and I'd be happy just to see a port/remaster of it on a newer system so that it's not as expensive as the original games.

How about Elibe and Magvel? Are those games deserving of a remaking like Judgral or are they relatively fine on their own like Tellius?

2 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

I sure hope that Judgral is up next. It sounds like an interesting duology of games and would love to see them on a modern system. I've only just started Shadows of Valentia recently so I'm curious as to what you didn't like about Gaiden's remake and what you'd like a "Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Jugdral" game to look like.

It's hard to explain why I didn't like Echoes, especially since I don't want to avoid spoilers. The best way I can describe it would be that Echoes felt like its dev team couldn't agree on what kind of remake they wanted it to be: a 1:1 remake like Ocarina of Time 3D and Shadow Dragon, a remake that fully modernizes the game, or something in-between, and the game felt like a mismatch of different ideas as a result. A lot of additions felt either superfluous or outright detrimental, and some of the things that were kept clashed hard with the things that were changed. I'm one of the few people who actually prefers Shadow Dragon over Shadows of Valentia, and I do so for the simple reason that at least Shadow Dragon knew what kind of remake it wanted to be.

As for what I'd like a Judgral remake to look like, I've never played the Judgral games so I can't say anything very specific, but I would like for it to preserve what was unique about the gameplay and story while bringing it completely up to date, and I want it to have a clear direction in terms of the kind of remake that it's supposed to be.

15 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

Yeah, I agree with you there. Tellius isn't in much of a need for a remake and I'd be happy just to see a port/remaster of it on a newer system so that it's not as expensive as the original games.

How about Elibe and Magvel? Are those games deserving of a remaking like Judgral or are they relatively fine on their own like Tellius?

Yeah. Of course, if they do make it a remaster, Nintendo will find some excuse to charge full price; it's what they almost always do with remasters.

I don't know; I haven't played the Elibe or Magvel games. Path of Radiance was my first FE game.

Judgral deserves it first because of age and to make it so that people who can't read Japanese can play it legally in a language they can read.  As to the GBA games for me they are just fine the way they are and the only thing I would want is and official translation for Binding Blade and put all three on the Eshop I like GBA graphics so just make them easy to get and I am happy.    My opinion is the same on the Tellius games just rerelease them on the Eshop. 

I don't like to use words like "deserve" and "should" for this sort of thing. Thinking in those terms tends to lead to either toxic entitlement or to the disappointment of over-inflated expectations. IS should make whatever game their developers are excited and enthusiastic to work on and that their business people think will sell.

That said, the remakes that I would like to see the most are of Genealogy of the Holy War and Path of Radiance. The former because I've not played it, would like to, but generally don't do emulators. The latter because it's one of my favourites and I'd like for it to be more readily available so my friends can play it. And I do think that I'd prefer that any potential remake cover only a single game, rather than trying to cram two old games into one. I think that a smaller, tighter focus would be more likely to lead to a higher quality game.

But even so, I'm pretty sure I'd be excited for any remake they care to make. Sacred Stones is one of my personal least favourite Fire Emblem games, but if they announced they were remaking it, I'd still end up counting the days until release.

Elfire-hot take, but I don't want the next remake using "Echoes" in its name. Right now, Echoes pretty unambiguously refers to Shadows of Valentia (or SoV, or FE15), so introducing another "Echoes" would breed ambiguity. Plus, remakes already have a naming convention - they all have "Shadow" in the name somewhere. Just keep doing that.

Anyway I picked Jugdral. I love FE4, and I'd really like to see a modern spin on it, with all the improved presentation that brings. Plus, it's one of the few remaining titles with no official English-language localization. Giving Thracia 776 a shot at a wider audience would be nice, too, although I don't know if these games should be packed together...

1 hour ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Elfire-hot take, but I don't want the next remake using "Echoes" in its name. Right now, Echoes pretty unambiguously refers to Shadows of Valentia (or SoV, or FE15), so introducing another "Echoes" would breed ambiguity. Plus, remakes already have a naming convention - they all have "Shadow" in the name somewhere. Just keep doing that.

It is a an understandable categorization to put Echoes as a remake subtitle. What's with that Echoes? There's no Echoing in the game. It Echoes an older game. Plus it's not just Fire Emblem Echoes, it's Fire Emblem Echoes + New Title. So Echoes being some kind of short hand to signify it's a remake makes perfect sense...only it seems no one told IS that's what they were doing as they immediately started using Echoes as a single word to refer to Shadows of Valentia on all their extraneous materials and spin offs and stuff meaning we're left with a bizarrely long title for a game.

Mhm any of the GBA FEs, but Sacred Stones would need an upward difficulty adjustment.

Having played Vestaria Saga, I assume the Kaga games hold some seriously entertaining ingenuity coupled with about 50% obscure shenanigans. I tried getting into them, but their clunkiness defeats my patience. 

Tellius looks entirely unappealing.

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

It is a an understandable categorization to put Echoes as a remake subtitle. What's with that Echoes? There's no Echoing in the game. It Echoes an older game. Plus it's not just Fire Emblem Echoes, it's Fire Emblem Echoes + New Title. So Echoes being some kind of short hand to signify it's a remake makes perfect sense...only it seems no one told IS that's what they were doing as they immediately started using Echoes as a single word to refer to Shadows of Valentia on all their extraneous materials and spin offs and stuff meaning we're left with a bizarrely long title for a game.

I can't believe that the developer that gave us Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow would've produced a remake with an unnecessarily long title.

The question is, does "Echoes" add anything to future titles? If I hear "Shadows of Jugdral", or "Shadows of the Holy War", then I know we're talking about an FE4 remake. The "Echoes" subtitle is superfluous. Maybe they'll call it "Memories: Shadows of Jugdral", and we'll all be referring to it simply as "Memories". Plus, there have already been two titles which should fit under a hypothetical "Echoes" branding (Shadow Dragon, New Mystery of the Emblem), but didn't get it because they preceded the branding. Thereby making any future use inconsistent. 

3 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I can't believe that the developer that gave us Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow would've produced a remake with an unnecessarily long title.

Yeah....I guess there's precedent there. Old Shadow Dragon was originally called Fire Emblem: Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light, so it already had a wordy title, but Old Mystery was just Mystery of the Emblem back in the day, so they got really wordy adding that whole Heroes of Light and Shadow stuff in.

Plus, there have already been two titles which should fit under a hypothetical "Echoes" branding (Shadow Dragon, New Mystery of the Emblem), but didn't get it because they preceded the branding. Thereby making any future use inconsistent. 

Actually the DS remakes did have branding. What we refer to as Shadow Dragon is New Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light, just like New Mystery is New Mystery. The branding was Shin, the Japanese word for New. Why they didn't use this in their Gaiden remake? Well that would have been New Side Story, which sounds a bit weird, probably even in Japanese. They also probably knew they were releasing this one outside Japan, and knew they had to address that "Gaiden" name as, while a very useful word, there really is no comfortable English translation that doesn't sound like a translation (I'm not even sure if Paralogue is a real word or something Fire Emblem made up). So they would have had to come up with something that pairs with the word New and also some kind of appropriate title and they just gave up and called it something entirely different. Which, to be fair to them, I kind of struggle to think of anything decent in English myself. Fire Emblem: New Twilight of the Gods? Fire Emblem: New Magic System? Fire Emblem: New Alm Characterization?

And let's not forget that due to the original title not being localized until very recently, they dropped the New branding entirely for the English release of New Shadow Dragon. So just kind of starting again made some sense.

The question is, does "Echoes" add anything to future titles? If I hear "Shadows of Jugdral", or "Shadows of the Holy War", then I know we're talking about an FE4 remake. The "Echoes" subtitle is superfluous. Maybe they'll call it "Memories: Shadows of Jugdral", and we'll all be referring to it simply as "Memories".

You're taking future titles to be Shadows of [Continent], but that's not what the game is called in Japanese, so it's highly unlikely to be the branding title. Shadows of Valentia is Echoes Another Hero King. So if there is anything that can be taken from the title as a branding, it's the Echoes, which is present in both English and Japanese. I doubt we'll be getting Fire Emblem Memories: Another Dynastic Crestfest, as the Another is probably a throwback to the original title of Gaiden.

But yeah, maybe they literally threw in Echoes because it just sounded cool and had absolutely nothing to do with branding. Still...nothing Echoes in Valentia, unless it's like the spirits you can summon with your Saints, but that'd be a weirdly specific thing to title the game after. Echoes also isn't a translation. It isn't even Katakana. They just straight up have the English word in the title.

3DS Fire Emblem: Echoes Mou Hitori no Eiyuu Ou (Jap) | PLAYe

So presumably the Japanese fans are just as confused as anyone else with this random word thrown in.  At least we understand what the word means, even if we have no idea why it's there! This isn't unprecedented though, as Fates's Japanese title is Fire Emblem: If, as in the English word If. But even though that's English already they translated it to Fates, I guess they thought a conjunction like that on it's own was too weird.

Edited by Jotari

Honestly, I'd agree that "deserve" is a word I'd have avoided using. Anyways, I'd say that there's a good case for Tellius to get remade, simply because both games are pretty much inaccessible unless you're willing to pay prices that are tantamount to highway robbery; I mean, video games are expensive enough as is, but over 200 dollars for one game? I could get three or more current-day games for that amount of money. With regards to the Jugdral saga, I wouldn't be opposed to them being remade - IF they can speed them up and get rid of all the clunkiness and bad mechanics that make them a slog to play. Especially Genealogy; I see a lot of praise for Genealogy's story in particular, but the gameplay being as slow as it is is a huge dealbreaker. Binding Blade, too. It has potential, but a plethora of bad design choices make it hard to play and impossible to enjoy playing.

I wish they'd speed up their remakes so we don't have to choose.

Because they all deserve them comparatively for different reasons.

Geneology duology and Binding Blade are unlocalized and next in line. Geneology is the progenitor of what Fire Emblem would become.

Blazing Sword is an iconic game that introduced the west to the franchise and is still viewed by many as quintessential FE.

Sacred Stones is one of the games that would be easiest to perfect in a remake. It's got a great story, great world, and, most importantly, awesome maps. Just needs QoL and another difficulty.

The Tellius duology is still THE best part of the series. Nearly every part of its story, worldbuilding, cast, and map design still hasn't been topped today. It's also prohibitively expensive, and deserves another chance at success in the post-advertising era of FE. It would also be super easy to perfect, with basically just QoL, and some new animations for the first game.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

If I didn't want Binding Blade remade as badly as I do, I would've voted Jugdral simply because it's next numerically. But for how popular Roy is relatively--even if that's mainly thanks to Smash Bros--you'd think there'd be just as much clamor to finally get his game localized via a Remake for the Export. Fix existing problems, add animated cutscenes (which I've run through my head so many times), add an unlockable mode ("Al Mode" or whatever) where you play the Hasha no Tsurugi manga adaptation of the story with additional chapters. Do this and we could have a truly incredible remake.

I'm in the Tellius-is-fine-with-just-remasters boat. Of course I'm not at all opposed to seeing those get remade as well.

As for the whole "Echoes" moniker and subtitles spiel, well first off, given how many threads discussing potential remakes we've had, I'm surprised it's taken this long to see a discussion about this in particular. Second, personally I hate the stipulation of having a "Shadows of ___" subtitle in every remake. For lack of a better way to put it, doing this just sounds stupid. As Jotari mentioned--and I was gonna bring it up if you didn't, so thank you--SoV's Japanese title is Another Hero-King, and frankly I would not expect Japan to call any of these potential remakes Another Holy War, or Another Young Lion, or Another Radiant Hero. That just doesn't work. It made sense for Gaiden's remake to be Another Hero-King as the game is, and has always been, a side story to the original, taking place on a continent west of Archanea; and as such Alm can be considered a sort of parallel to Marth. Another Hero-King. I feel the intention of having "Shadow" in all the remakes we've had so far is to tell you they either take place on Archanea or in SoV's case are at least tied to Archanea in some way. And I think it should stay that way. In fact, I wouldn't even care if they just called it "Echoes: {original game's subtitle}"; mundane as that would be, it still gets the point across that it's a remake.

4 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Blazing Sword is an iconic game that introduced the west to the franchise and is still viewed by many as quintessential FE.

'Cause it's the only FE with quintessence, amiright? :smug:   ............I'll get my coat.

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

I like all of these ideas. If they can take that same approach they did with Echoes to FE4, I think that's the best thing for that game. Don't change what makes the game unique, lean into it and hire staff that loves the game. 

Here's my FE Remake hot take. I want any of these answers as a lower budget, 2D game. 40 dollar price point maximum. Except for Tellius, just do an HD remaster for those two. I want to see meticulous sprite animation make a return in this series and remakes of 2D games are the perfect environment to do that. Character portraits talking to each other instead of 3D character rigs standing in a void. Poor on the artwork backdrops this series was once known for. Yes to voice acting, No to 3D cutscenes. Slap a bunch of bonus modes and settings in the game to increase replayability and entice players that own the originals (Super hard modes, randomizers, being able to swap in the original soundtrack and sprites). If KT is the lead developer on Fire Emblem games from here on, then I want IS having full oversight on the remakes since they seem to lack the manpower to build a Three Houses-scale game. And if new Fire Emblem games are always larger scale, then it lends greater weight to their less-frequent release schedule.

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

2 hours ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

'Cause it's the only FE with quintessence, amiright? :smug:   ............I'll get my coat.

Love the absolute dorkiness of this line after the previous well thought comment that validates me personally (thank you for that), but I'm sorry to say my inner pedant feels compelled to point out that quintessence is mentioned in Genealogy of the Holy War too.

1 hour ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Here's my FE Remake hot take. I want any of these answers as a lower budget, 2D game. 40 dollar price point maximum. Except for Tellius, just do an HD remaster for those two. 

I'm probably in the minority here, but I think I'd love to see Tellius reimagined in 2D.

Edited by Jotari

12 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I'm probably in the minority here, but I think I'd love to see Tellius reimagined in 2D.

I wouldn't be against the decision, but decades of seeing people create Ike's sprite in GBA ROM hacks has kind of cooled me off on the novelty. I wouldn't be surprised if three different people have reached different stages of production of Path of Radiance demade into a GBA rom hack. Plus the original 3D work is already done, if the goal is to churn out remakes in between major, new fire emblem releases, then the remaster route is a more efficient choice in terms of development resources. Hey, if they just put up official ROMs of FE9 and 10, sell them for twenty bucks a pop on modern Nintendo hardware. Or have a playable rom of the originals as a bonus extra for the remake, IS can go whichever direction they like. I'll take FE10 in Shadow Dragon's engine missing half the content if it meant preserving the original at the same time.

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

22 hours ago, lenticular said:

I don't like to use words like "deserve" and "should" for this sort of thing. Thinking in those terms tends to lead to either toxic entitlement or to the disappointment of over-inflated expectations. IS should make whatever game their developers are excited and enthusiastic to work on and that their business people think will sell.

I do think that I'd prefer that any potential remake cover only a single game, rather than trying to cram two old games into one. I think that a smaller, tighter focus would be more likely to lead to a higher quality game.

But even so, I'm pretty sure I'd be excited for any remake they care to make. Sacred Stones is one of my personal least favourite Fire Emblem games, but if they announced they were remaking it, I'd still end up counting the days until release.

Fair enough, I changed the title for both the topic and the polls now. I think "could" will work as a suitable replacement word. Yeah, I agree that IS should go with what they want, whether it be the next mainline FE or an Echoes-style remake in the vein that Shadows of Valentia was made.

They could do what they did with Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of The Emblem and just release one remake first, then remake the sequel next and release it a few years afterwards. 

Same. Should IS decide to give another Fire Emblem game the Echoes treatment, I'll be looking forward to whichever one it may be. 

3 hours ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

As for the whole "Echoes" moniker and subtitles spiel, well first off, given how many threads discussing potential remakes we've had, I'm surprised it's taken this long to see a discussion about this in particular. Second, personally I hate the stipulation of having a "Shadows of ___" subtitle in every remake. For lack of a better way to put it, doing this just sounds stupid. As Jotari mentioned--and I was gonna bring it up if you didn't, so thank you--SoV's Japanese title is Another Hero-King, and frankly I would not expect Japan to call any of these potential remakes Another Holy War, or Another Young Lion, or Another Radiant Hero. That just doesn't work. It made sense for Gaiden's remake to be Another Hero-King as the game is, and has always been, a side story to the original, taking place on a continent west of Archanea; and as such Alm can be considered a sort of parallel to Marth. Another Hero-King. I feel the intention of having "Shadow" in all the remakes we've had so far is to tell you they either take place on Archanea or in SoV's case are at least tied to Archanea in some way. And I think it should stay that way. In fact, I wouldn't even care if they just called it "Echoes: {original game's subtitle}"; mundane as that would be, it still gets the point across that it's a remake.

Yeah, I wouldn't want the "Shadows of" subtitle to be in every Fire Emblem remake either. I'm sure that there will be a more suitable subtitle given to any future potential Fire Emblem remakes, but I don't have much of a clue as to what it would be, so I put "Shadows of X Continent" as a placeholder title instead. I would like to see people brainstorm potential names for a remake of FE4-FE10. Generations of the Holy War? Radiant Heroes? The Blade that Binds/Blazes? (I've got nothing for Sacred Stones or Thracia 776). Can't really think of a title that really catches the eye, so this is the best I've got so far. I do see the "Echoes" part of the remake title being included regardless just to clarify that the game's a remake, in any case.

1 hour ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

I wouldn't be against the decision, but decades of seeing people create Ike's sprite in GBA ROM hacks has kind of cooled me off on the novelty. I wouldn't be surprised if three different people have reached different stages of production of Path of Radiance demade into a GBA rom hack. Plus the original 3D work is already done, if the goal is to churn out remakes in between major, new fire emblem releases, then the remaster route is a more efficient choice in terms of development resources. Hey, if they just put up official ROMs of FE9 and 10, sell them for twenty bucks a pop on modern Nintendo hardware. Or have a playable rom of the originals as a bonus extra for the remake, IS can go whichever direction they like. I'll take FE10 in Shadow Dragon's engine missing half the content if it meant preserving the original at the same time.

The same logic could apply to just plain localizing the old games, like they did with Shadow Dragon NES (ironically the only Japanese game other than Gaiden that already had a remake and thus least requiring a localization, but obviously the easiest one to do as it had about as much text to translate as the box it came in). Issue there is that it'll still cost money to translate and, well, let's be honest, few people will actually bother to buy an old game even if it's cheap. Even here, on a Fire Emblem fansite, I don't think many people bought the Shadow Dragon localization. More undoubtedly would buy a Genealogy or Binding Blade localization, but it'll still probably fewer than Nintendo would deem worth the effort even given the comparatively minimal cost of translation. Simply putting some shiney new graphics on an old game and calling it a remake will entice a lot more people to go for it. I really don't feel as if anything beyond Thracia needs to be remade, especially in the GBA era where the games are so simple you can't really add much more to them without changing the core gameplay. In that regard I'd actually prefer a Tellius remake as I feel there are still unexplored ways of playing their systems (and just in addition to wanting to play a version of Path of Radiance that requires some thought to beat). I can't fault people for it, taste be taste, but there does seem to be a notion that if it's not perceived as new then it isn't worth it. They could go back and translate the Binding Blade rom and edit it to have more chapters and Lyn and all that stuff, but if it looks like the old game then people will write it off. But if you give it a sprite overall (which it really doesn't need) and some animated cutscenes then boom, now people want it. It's a more expensive choice, but it seems more worth it.

41 minutes ago, Jotari said:

But if you give it a sprite overall (which it really doesn't need) and some animated cutscenes then boom, now people want it.

Just let people blink. There's no way Roy's eyes aren't caked with sand from being in Arcadia.

22 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Voted for Sacred stones because all other options would cram two games into one remake and I think that is a terrible idea.

Worked for Old Mystery.