Askr: God of Openness - Mythic Hero Battle

Xenomata

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYkxriWXwAArvCC?format=png&name=orig

The God who lends his name to the country which you fight for... Askr lends his power to heroes of realms beyond Zenith, the land called home by Alfonse, Sharena, Anna, and Kiran.
His high Defense translates directly to increased damage and reduced damage intake, on top of a guaranteed follow-up. Opened Domain triggers only if at least one hero not originating from Fire Emblem: Heroes is near him, but the bonus of [Resonance: Blades] and [Resonance: Shields] and an Ostian Pulse II-like effect are universally granted to everyone. Atk/Def Ideal and Atk/Def Bulwark only further boost his bulk further.
...Askr is not alone in this fight. Beyond the faceless grunts in his employ, the Hero King himself, Legendary Marth, fights by his side. Marth is no slouch either, he has received his Remix treatment and will be nigh-impossible to outspeed. Marth will receive an exceedingly high stat bonus from Shining Emblem, the effects of refined Exalted Falchion, and any penalties he may have been inflicted with, and he is able to go on the offensive without fear of counterattacks while also disabling follow-ups. Dragons especially must watch out.
The god of your country and the first legend under the banner of a Fire Emblem are your foes. All that remains is to show him that his realm is in good hands.

Abyssal Map
cVVRy8el.jpg?1

Edited by Xenomata

Bound Hero Battle: Askr & Marth.

I understand why Marth was the pick, since he is kinda the Fire Emblem face? But at least doesn't put hum adjacente to Askr, so the poor bull can transform. Or had Legendary Tiki instead.

Anyway, here's my clear. Pretty easy map.

@Diovani Bressan
Ah. I thought this map would be a nightmare for one turn clearers. With all that followup denial and Askr being a beefy cow. I forgot that all the brokenness only started in the EP. But nice clear. I was surprised the barbecue queen did't end up taking on Askr.

-----

At any rate I thought i'd show off my +10 Lex and my not +10 Azelle...but all of Askr's Bull made that a unamoosing experience. So instead its the newest Roy and the orphans taking on the map. Lugh got to the main damage dealer of the 3 for a change.

@BoaFerox @Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy @MagicCanonBalls

@Diovani Bressan I cannot believe young Marth survived the special from Legendary Marth. Nice clear. It seemed fitting for Marth to beat Marth.

I seriously had too many close calls here. I don't think I can do this with my Lilith team, but I'll keep trying. The Whitewings had to beat some sense into Marth for showing up randomly on a map that was unrelated to him.

pvfV0as.jpg

Seriously, the YouTube description of "BULL$#!+" (aside from being fitting because Cow) describes my experience with this map perfectly. Taking on this map the way it was intended was pain, especially with my many outdated units, but I somehow pulled through. There were no lull periods in this map and it remained a strenuous fight throughout. Many hours were spent trying to figure out how to take down that whole gaggle of enemies near the end -- the keys to the puzzle ended up being Atk Opening and Atk/Def Rein 1, of all things.

This map marks the return of Balldigan, because he's the only dancer I've got that can realistically duel Remix L!Marth (Merrybilis would've been bad because her Atk drops would get flipped by his Unity). Silvia had a harder time than she should've because of her first Galeforce proc not taking 3 hits, which means she needed Time's Pulse instead of Odd Tempest. F!Ninian was mostly there because I needed someone to bait out enemies on the first turn, but Call to Flame did its work. And Larum was obvious because Lethality was absolutely needed for Askr (even Balldigan hopped up on max buffs has trouble with him!).

@Sasori I always thought your Lugh was +10, seeing that he was dealing so much dmg and outspeeding enemies. Feels more impressed now that I saw he is only +2.

@GuiltyLove Fliers with trace makes a lot of room for maneuver. My +Spd fallen lilith can't outspeed those bats either. 

@Some Jerk I tried my Priam with Lull Atk/Spd and Marth is still crazily stacked.

This turns out pretty manageable when I gave up and use dancer instead. Hapi can probably clean this map even faster but it's been a while since I use Selene in anything. Gatekeeper is just tagging along, poor man I had to drag out the fight just to get him one kill.

Spoiler

@Diovani Bressan RIP Askr, destroyed by double Ruptured Sky. Points for the budget Petrine build.

@Sasori Not the Roy I'm used to seeing from you, but this one is definitely strong. Panic Smoke made a fool out of LMarth. I tried to fit that into my clear at first but didn't quite get it.

@Some Jerk I expected the Lethality, but I thought I was going to see AAzura for the firepower. Ninian definitely needs some more merges quick, but her dance effect is quite handy at least.

@Alexmender @Landmaster

I wanted to use ACelica, and then ended up running a "Goddess' Voice" kinda team.

@Sasori Roy and Eliwood look so tiny compared to the others kids! That's why I play with Duos in lite display, because those tiny ones bother me so much. lol

Nice team you had there. Roy buffing Atk and Spd, while Lugh was in charge of Def and Res. When I saw Roy, I already expected him to be the one killing the bull, but Lugh got pretty close too!

Petrine was not strong enough to deal with Askr. Maybe if I had Bridal Catria granting Triangle Attack there it could be possible.

@GuiltyLove Nice clear with the whitewing sisters. Cool to see a team made with the Valentian versions of the sisters, and Spring Est did great too! Nice idea of using the Lance Knight to activate Palla's Vantage.

Yeah. Marth got pretty close in not surviving that attack from his older self. Thanks to the Summoner Support stats for that!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Holy Mila! Celica surviving all those combat was very fun to watch! This girl is unstoppable! But she was not winning against Askr's healing after combat and his Def based damage, so Byleth arrived to "teach" her how to me even more aggressive. Nice clear!

...huh. Askr took a lot more damage from Hapi than I thought...

To be honest, it wasn't really Askr that had me worried, it was Marth: there was really no way that I would be able to do him in with just regular attacking, given his Spd would be so high that that none of my units would be able to outspeed him, so the best I could do was rely on special triggers to get my damage in... which was SUPPOSED to be what Ophelia was doing, but I guess Innes works too.
Innes could probably use some skills that don't have Solo conditions... oh well, it worked out well in the end.
Ophelia had no reason to not be overpowered, hell she could have even been the one to get the kill on Askr, but I did bring Hapi along specifically to be the ultimate foil to Askr's high bulk (I even gave her Ruptured Sky specifically before this map)

Sometimes I feel bad for using blatantly overpowered units in my clears (which is why you will never see any version of Edelgard in my clears), but for some reason I never see Hapi... at all. So... I guess I don't need to feel quite as bad about using her?

EDIT: I know this kind of thing TECHNICALLY belongs in the Official Pull Topic, but I cannot ignore this sheer coincidence: I summoned +Atk Hapi very very soon after performing this clear.
Note to self: If want unit, use unit in Abyssal clear!

Edited by Xenomata

So, this is the first time I have ever had a clear I thought was worth sharing. I know y’all are posting Abyssal, but I just have not been able to get to that caliber of play yet. I’m sure no one is going to use this for their clears, but if you do, dancer placement has to be exact or things go crazy.

Thanks @GuiltyLove for helping me with my technical issues. Also learned…turn off my music.

Edited by jameslove001
Question about display

2 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

https://youtu.be/6Bl0gTtUwTY 

So, this is the first time I have ever had a clear I thought was worth sharing. I know y’all are posting Abyssal, but I just have not been able to get to that caliber of play yet. I’m sure no one is going to use this for their clears, but if you do, dancer placement has to be exact or things go crazy.

So, I obviously don't know what I am doing here with the link. How do I display the video and not just the URL?

Nice. I like using Valentine Chrom. For the link, I think you just have to make sure it's not a youtu.be link, but a youtube.com one.

Pasting it like this automatically embedded it for me

I completely forgot to post my clear~ It did take me a day to get it done, but I completely forgot to drop it in here~

@Diovani Bressan - Petrine is always nice to see in these~ I'm impressed at how well Summer Claude fits in these one turns~ Pays to be a ranged Brave dagger.

@Sasori - Looked pretty easy for the smol boys~ Groom Roy is a great addition and it's nice to have some more movement and Eff damage~

@GuiltyLove - V!Est is finally here! Wish she could have had more chances to fight here but it seems like her Spring variant was more suited for this map~

@Some Jerk - That looked scary, especially the duel against Marth and his Fafnir friend. Once Larum made her way back around, things started to fall one by one, very nice!

@SatsumaFSoysoy - A!Celica on a tank build has to be the enemy's worst nightmare, she just never dies~ Awesome build for her, I may try the same thing if I ever pull her~

• 4 weeks later...

@Sasori Nice clear by the lads! Lugh being offensive was fun to see.

@GuiltyLove Nice clears! Cool to see all the Valentian Whitewings working together. This looks like a really hard map to do the standard way, having to deal with Askr's ridiculousness, so good work pulling through!

@Some Jerk Impressive, that looked so annoying to plan out! There were just too many enemies at once at one point, but somehow they made it through. Great work!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Wow, Ascended Celica is something else with that Miracle tome. Really good showcase of her power! Even she needed some help taking down Askr though, so many crazy units released recently. Nice clear!

@Landmaster The Elises started off strong and began picking off foes right away. Important to do that to not get overwhelmed here. Gravity to control the flow is also such an amazing asset. Was fun to see Hot Spring Elise just tinking off Askr a bunch to debuff him lol. Great stuff!

Quite a challenging map to one turn, not at all because of the layout but because of the ridiculous units. With two "boss" units and one of them being as absurdly bulky as Askr, it really forces you to bring some kind of wallbreaker. Fully charging Askr's special too means there's almost no hope of taking a hit from him, so I figured early on it would have to be Desperation to the rescue. Also got some good use out of Panic Smoke here which was fun. Azura joined as the guest, been a while since I used a Galeforcing dancer for one of these.

@MagicCanonBalls Oh wow. Dat Chrom

@SatsumaFSoysoy The new Roy has been serving me pretty well as a Fedelgard counter. Still hate that unit, but Groom Roy makes short work of her.

But great Clear. Looks like you have another killer Celica on your hand. Did't know her miracle procced so much. Also is that persona 5 music?

@Landmaster: Oh that was a impressive beatdown against Marth. Askr took some more hits, but even he could't withstand magical girl power.

@BoaFerox: Azura as a offensive threat? You don't see that every day. That looked pretty painless. Nice clear.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Legendary Marth was an interesting add-on to this battle, but leaving both him and Askr alone makes it really easy to beat them.