Will's weird growths

vallum12100

Playing a clean rom of Fire Emblem on my 3DS, and decided to touch a unit I never use in the game: archers. Specifically Will, because I wanted a strength of more than five, Rebecca.

But I wanted to show how crazy this was. Note that yes, I arena spammed with Ninian's song to actually get some units to level at all. But I didnt have time to keep resetting for "good Growths" ((Can you soft reset battles in the arena for growths even?))

I got some weird, WEIRD level 20 growths on some characters, (11 speed Able for someone whose supposed to be the speedy cavalier). But Will took the cake. My Dorcus WISHED he has growths like this, (good thing Hector and Raven exists to handaxe the game for me)

Sorry for the low-res pic, tried to clean it up, dunno how to 3ds screenshot while on Virtual Console.

20220723_210142.jpg

Keep in mind that Wil has a 50% Str growth, which is literally coinflip odds.  My guess is that he just got a lot of lucky coin flips.

Additionally, while his Str is 6 points above average for Level 20 (assuming Eliwood/Hector Mode base stats), his Spd and Res are also 3 to 4 points below average.  Truly, the RNG giveth, and the RNG taketh away.

He's pretty Spd screwed and Str blessed, and his Def is also fairly tanky GBA Archa standards. His growths really weird, they're fairly standard for "strong" bowman, while Rebecca is the fast, noodle-arm counterpart.

• 6 months later...
On 8/7/2022 at 12:13 AM, Capt. Fargus said:

Whats goin on in the lower right there where it says “defend” sumptin or other?

I believe Ninian performed Nini's Grace for him, thus buffing his defenses for the remainder of the turn.