FE4 Giving Classes New Weapons

DefaultFormat

Hi, I'm using Nightmare to make a hack for FE4, and thought I might as well make some classes better. I was wondering if adding weapon types to a class (such as Axes to Sword Knight or Staves to Prince) would cause any issues? I don't mind if animations look janky so long as they don't cause the game to not function.

IIRC, you can add swords or axes to a class that has the other one and you can add tomes to a class that already has a different tome, since in those cases the game already has a relevant type of animations set up. I think adding other kinds of weapons without adding compatible animations will cause it to crash, unless there are other exceptions I'm forgetting.

(I feel like I remember something about tomes being compatible with sword animations but that might just be the GBA games. The GBA games at least offer the option to turn animations off to avoid the issue, while with FE4, you still have field animations.)

Edited by Othin

Did a bunch of testing to answer my own question since I was mostly done with everything else I wanted to do, and here's what I found for anyone who is interested (and apologies for the sloppiness, I am by no means a graphic designer): FE4 Weapon Compatibility

Tldr; Any class that isn't General or Warrior that has access to Bows or Lances can use all other physical weapons, and any class with access to Staves (with the exception of Falcon Knight for reasons I do not understand) can use Tomes

3 hours ago, DefaultFormat said:

Did a bunch of testing to answer my own question since I was mostly done with everything else I wanted to do, and here's what I found for anyone who is interested (and apologies for the sloppiness, I am by no means a graphic designer): FE4 Weapon Compatibility

Tldr; Any class that isn't General or Warrior that has access to Bows or Lances can use all other physical weapons, and any class with access to Staves (with the exception of Falcon Knight for reasons I do not understand) can use Tomes

That's neat. Surprising results, wonder why they're like that.