The more I'm exposed to Monica the more I understand why Edelgard let her die in the original timeline

5 hours ago, Seazas said:

Not exactly. Monica is in Three Houses, just in the form of the Kronya plotpoint and her being used as a disguise. The disguised Monica and Kronya bit got replaced with the real Monica. And it's an upgrade since she's actually pretty solid and alright in the main story. 

Yeah, but Monica still isn't in Three Houses. Her character design is, that's it.

5 hours ago, Seazas said:

She didn't because her plans didn't work the same way they did in Three Hopes. Jeritza, a spy of the Empire, got to be a professor, Kostas was slain allowing the bandits to retreat to the secret hideout, and Monica was still alive in that moment. Edelgard herself highlights it as a miracle that everything was gathered there at once for Edelgard to have a chance to save Monica. 

Yeah, Jeritza being a professor seems to be key thing. So it was less Shez showing up and more Byleth not showing up that changed things.

3 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Not only this, but literally the first two recruits the Eagles get are Constance and Hapi. Six mages by the end of chapter 4! I'd probably have made Monica a different class by default, but I guess they wanted to give her the Crest of Macuil which was already established as a "mage" Crest.

And yeah, most everyone who isn't one of the original 24 students or Shez (or the Wolves, to a lesser extent) has a pretty shallow support list. As a new character, Monica is arguably hurt by this the most, along with Holst. I did like the Monica supports we did get and she did have some main story presence which helped.

Took the words right out of my mouth. It all goes back to the Crest of Macuil. Though ironically, if Monica had been designed as a thief unit (which would have been useful as there's few dedicated thieves in Three Houses), her crest still would have been useful since she'd be locked into Trickster and hybrid units are busted (I assume by "increase Magic damage" refers to combat arts and not just regular attacks).

50 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Took the words right out of my mouth. It all goes back to the Crest of Macuil. Though ironically, if Monica had been designed as a thief unit (which would have been useful as there's few dedicated thieves in Three Houses), her crest still would have been useful since she'd be locked into Trickster and hybrid units are busted (I assume by "increase Magic damage" refers to combat arts and not just regular attacks).

Of course, that doesn't completely solve her redundancy issues since one of the few dedicated thieves is Petra. Still, it'd still be better than four pure mages in one class.

On 8/4/2022 at 1:56 PM, ZanaLyrander said:

It feels more bothersome with Monica than most of the other newly playable characters. Like, Rodrigue and to a lesser extent Holst are older, they probably don't have as much in common with the students, it's not as much of a surprise that they have fewer supports. But Monica, in theory, is in the same situation as the rest of the Black Eagles, and she joins the Black Eagles after their first mission, it's not like they know each other much better than they know her at this point, she's spent about as much time with them as they've spent with each other.

That's the thing. The Black Eagles have an entire game of content and Three Hopes is meant to be a lowkey follow up of Houses. While Monica is just coming into existence while spending her time being a servant above all else.

• 2 months later...

I am by no means a fan of Monica in Three Hopes, too much Edelgard simping for me. What I did find kind of interesting though, is that, I saw many like or even love her because she is such  a Edelgard simp. Whether it be because "she just like me, fr, fr", or because they were happy to have a blatant lesbian character whose feelings aren`t ambiguous. Just something I found a bit interesting. 

With that said, I do like her new Hopes design, just something about it that I enjoy. 

17 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

I am by no means a fan of Monica in Three Hopes, too much Edelgard simping for me. What I did find kind of interesting though, is that, I saw many like or even love her because she is such  a Edelgard simp. Whether it be because "she just like me, fr, fr", or because they were happy to have a blatant lesbian character whose feelings aren`t ambiguous. Just something I found a bit interesting. 

With that said, I do like her new Hopes design, just something about it that I enjoy. 

Is she even a lesbian? Edelgard seems more like a god to her than a crush. If Edelgard offered to fuck her Monica would probably protest and declare herself unworthy.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Is she even a lesbian? Edelgard seems more like a god to her than a crush. If Edelgard offered to fuck her Monica would probably protest and declare herself unworthy.

Well, her Heroes self tells Camilla "it`s love" when asked about her feelings. Then again, Heroes isn`t super reliable when it comes to this sort of thing. So I guess it depends on how the individual looks at it.

3 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

Well, her Heroes self tells Camilla "it`s love" when asked about her feelings. Then again, Heroes isn`t super reliable when it comes to this sort of thing. So I guess it depends on how the individual looks at it.

People love Jesus.

11 hours ago, Jotari said:

People love Jesus.

People don't treat Jesus the way Monica treats Edelgard. It's definitely love in a romantic angle, her supports with El support it. Using words like "the one for her" leaves very little room for interpretation.

14 hours ago, Seazas said:

People don't treat Jesus the way Monica treats Edelgard. It's definitely love in a romantic angle, her supports with El support it. Using words like "the one for her" leaves very little room for interpretation.

Sure, if that's what you want to think.