Which Letter of the Alphabet Would Make For The Best Melee Weapon?

Randoman

Which Letter of the Alphabet Would Make For The Best Melee Weapon?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which Letter of the Alphabet Would Make For The Best Melee Weapon?

If there was a fighting tournament where people would go into a match armed with nothing but a giant version of a letter, what letter would make for the most effective weapon?

3D Human character holding golden alphabet letter J — Stock Photo, Image

3D Human character holding golden alphabet letter T — Stock Photo, Image

For discussion purposes, let's say the letters are made of highly durable yet lightweight plastic. The edges and corners of the giant letters are also rounded, so using them to cut/poke the opponent isn't a feasible strategy. Also, using letters as a stepping stool/pole vault during a fight is allowed, as is punching and kicking.

I personally think F, J, P, or T would make for the most effective weapons. F and P would make for good axe-like weapons, with the top part of those letters serving as a good trapping tool for the opponents/their weapon (eg: you could use the hole in the letter P to kind of "lasso" the opponent/their weapon). J would make for a good pseudo-crowbar weapon, while T would be a pretty straightforward axe/hammer-like weapon.

As for which one would make for the worst weapon, my vote would go to H or K, due to having too many prongs but not in the right places to be effective in a fight. The prongs would make the letter H and K hard to wield, while not having much trapping utility.

The letter O. It's quite versatile.

If you have multiple small Os, you can throw them like shurikens to use as distractions to help you get in closer or retreat. They could also work as a form of brass knuckles without the brass. I know you said no punching or kicking, but like... if you already have a weapon, would excluding those techniques really make that much of a difference? And if you're already in a fight, you're there to survive and win; there's no need to handicap yourself. 

Anyway, if you have a larger O, you can use it as a larger throwing device or like a Tron disc. It would also be large enough to trap over and around someone's head if need be. 

Seconding P because it sounds like a really solid axe, it's also got a nice big blade to strike with. L and T are also solid and have the advantage of a narrower force vector.

I (the letter) might be another strong option if you're looking for something to wield like a bo/battle staff, the prongs work like miniature pickaxes and can be used for grappling. You need good two-hand dexterity to get the most out of it, however.

Z. cuz my name start with that letter, and my friend who can say my name with correct pronounciation is less than half.

half joking aside, Z should have versatile use with both angle pointing in opposite direction, but also hard to use i guess

T is very compelling. Though I think it's easy to understate how much discipline it takes to wield a weapon where all the weight is there at the end. Give me I. As long as it's slim enough that I can grip my hands around it I don't see an issue here. You can swing it, guard with it, and heck yeah poking is still effective. Even if the ends of it are as round and smooth as a golf ball, lots of force delivered in a low amount of surface area is still good damage. Can't puncture the skin, but can certainly break some ribs. Lots of these letters don't facilitate jabbing until you're holding it in the opposite assumed direction - with the bludgeon part of it facing you. 

I gotta go with F, its T with all the weight distributed on one end, allowing you to slam it down harder with less effort. In addition, its shape enables you to catch other letters with relative ease

On 7/30/2022 at 4:48 PM, FlyingKitsune said:

T just seems like the best weapon in general. It's kinda like a pickaxe.

T would have a definite disadvantage over those using J as a sword.

But anyone caught using I as a lance would be absolutely destroyed in this case