A Mormon was witnessing to a Buddhist in a bar

I can't tell if the Buddhist hates Soul and wants him annihilated, or pities Soul and wants him annihilated. But do we have any Buddhists on this forum?

Well, I guess there's a high chance we have a few at least...

14 minutes ago, Original Johan Liebert said:

I can't tell if the Buddhist hates Soul and wants him annihilated, or pities Soul and wants him annihilated. But do we have any Buddhists on this forum?

Perhaps the two things are one and the same?

On 8/8/2022 at 12:14 PM, Original Johan Liebert said:

Well, I guess there's a high chance we have a few at least...

The original idea of Buddhism was that, by achievement enlightenment and escaping the cycle of reincarnation, you would finally stop existing and therefore stop suffering as well. I don't know if that's the common view nowadays but it's at least the more compelling and ancient one.

4 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

The original idea of Buddhism was that, by achievement enlightenment and escaping the cycle of reincarnation, you would finally stop existing and therefore stop suffering as well. I don't know if that's the common view nowadays but it's at least the more compelling and ancient one.

I believe Johan was referring to the Serenes user known as Soul.  You know, the guy that makes all those weirdly personal topics.

Edited by Jotari