Three Hopes Build Thread

Hey everyone! I don't really see topics about endgame character builds so I was hoping this hypothetical thread would change that.

I enjoy Three Hopes with it's many customization options for it's rather large cast of characters. After watching Burner Reborn Gaming and his many great builds, I wondered if everyone has their own crazy build that even makes Ashe strong. 

So let's get into it:

For the format, it should be:

1) Character Name

2) Class

3) Weapon and Item

4) Combat Arts and Battalion 

5) Abilities 

6) Explain how exactly does this build work for your chosen character; Does it compliment their Unique Action Ability, specific weapon or learn set? Go nuts with this! Heck, if you want to, show us a video of how dangerous your build is.

A̶n̶d̶ y̶e̶s̶ y̶o̶u̶'r̶e̶ a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶d̶ t̶o̶ s̶h̶o̶w̶ o̶f̶f̶ y̶o̶u̶r̶ o̶b̶l̶i̶g̶a̶t̶o̶r̶y̶ M̶o̶r̶t̶a̶l̶ S̶a̶v̶a̶n̶t̶ L̶y̶s̶i̶t̶h̶e̶a̶ w̶/T̶h̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶b̶r̶a̶n̶d̶ b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶

18 minutes ago, DragonNexus3608 said:

A̶n̶d̶ y̶e̶s̶ y̶o̶u̶'r̶e̶ a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶d̶ t̶o̶ s̶h̶o̶w̶ o̶f̶f̶ y̶o̶u̶r̶ o̶b̶l̶i̶g̶a̶t̶o̶r̶y̶ M̶o̶r̶t̶a̶l̶ S̶a̶v̶a̶n̶t̶ L̶y̶s̶i̶t̶h̶e̶a̶ w̶/T̶h̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶b̶r̶a̶n̶d̶ b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶

I think that might be the only OP build outside of Holy/Dark Sylvain or using Felix as an Mortal Savant.

Not quite on format but I do want to dissect Shez's available skills for builds and what I think are some of the stronger options.  

Shez
Unique Action: Shadowflash
The passive component of this ability steers Shez towards building hit counter. The active component grants a very significant mobility boost. Overall, this is a very strong ability.
The hits of Shadowflash not only instant kill fodder but also strike commanders for about a regular attack worth of damage. At high hit count these additional hits happen about twice per attack and start adding up quickly. The Shadowflash strikes also count towards your hit count.
Unique Support: Mortal Coil
This ability encourages you to keep Shez healthy and grants a significant increase to the Special gauge.
Unit's stat assessment HP Str Mag Dex Spd Lck Def Res Cha
Shez's Guaranteed Stats at 120: 8958 C 80 A 66 C 62 E 92 S 67 B 62 B 67 B 59 D
Average projected stats at 120 with class bonuses: 11671 101 84 70 105 70 72 76 72
Recommend leveling as: Asura 1-120 Stats: 11358 110 96 62 120 67 74 67 77
We go with Asura to cap Spd and get close to capping Str. It also boosts their Mag significantly, allowing them to make good use of their access to Spells. The other stats remain mediocre. Cha is the only exception as they tend to get to cap purely from Expeditions.
Recommended Ability Loadout
Various Weapon Prowess Asura The Creation Free Slot Suggestions
Swordmaster Boost Critical Brawler Concentration
Lifeforce (Mage), Rejuvenation (Grappler), Essence of Darkness (Dark Mage), Axebreaker (Asura), Range Master (Dark Knight)
Dark Bishop Impossible Feat --- Free Slot
Dark Bishop Absorb Speed --- Free Slot
Asura Renewed Carnage --- Free Slot
Notable Abilities
Damage Impossible Feat, Axebreaker, United Front
Not many pure damage options but at least they got one of the best ones.
Spd Absorb Speed, Spd +10
CA/Spell Lifeforce
Awakening True Awakening
Despite high Spd, and access to Swift Awakening, Shez has a hard time getting into Awakening without meals/tonics. On the other hand, Shez can significantly lower the CD of CA/Spells due to Absorb Spd and even use Lifeforce to empower Small, Medium Mt ones.
Critical Boost Critical, Specials Master
Shez doesn't have significant synergies with Crit but Boost Critical is still a staple due to how the Critical multiplier works in this game.
Specials Charm Catalyst, Renewed Carnage, Pact, Aggression
Shez can build Special gauge very quickly. You can stack all the options for genuine Specials spam, but I wouldn't recommend it. One of these with Mortal Coil tends to be enough.
Hit Count Concentration, Rejuvenation
These compliment Shadowflash fairly well, making it easier to use and giving you very high sustain.
Elemental Essence of Darkness, Fiendish Blow
Shez has access to several, varied element-imbued CAs/Spells that can make use of Fiendish Blow.
Super Armor The Creation, Stalwart Stance, Serene Stance
If you can play around keeping a Special bar filled, The Creation makes the others pointless.
Other Appraisal, Despoil, Renewal, Range Master
These are handy miscellaneous abilities.
Adjutant One Heart One Mind, Warrior Assist
Shez is not a particularly good adjutant but can help Special-centric units.
Notable Combat Arts/Spells
Sword Swift Slice, Firesweep, Windsweep, Electric Grounder, Shadowblade
Lance Lance Jab, Lightstrike, Dark Lance
Axe Crush, Smash, War Strike, Lightning Axe
Bow Deadeye, Break Shot, Drill Arrow, Flame Volley, Thunderbolt
Gauntlets Fierce Iron Fist, Bombard, Flamewhorl Kick, Lightning Fist
Spells Dark Spikes Tau, Excalibur, Hades Omega, Banshee Theta, Luna Lambda
Equipment Recommendations
Weapon Attributes: Speed Factor, Boost Consecutive Hits
Accessories: Fierce Strength Ring, Lightning Speed Ring
Classes: Asura > Dark Knight
Adjutants: Scarlet Blaze: Edelgard Azure Gleam: Annette Golden Wildfire: Hilda  
Adjutant Class: Dancer
Edited by Archeleon

Edelgard
Unique Action: Solar Prominence
Essentially Essence of Fire+. This empowers everything the Essence does but also causes all her attacks to apply Burning. This does not interact with Essence of Fire in any way but is replaced by adjutant Elemental Assists when they apply.
Unique Support: Emperor's Prestige
Very powerful. Makes Guard Pierce CAs redundant on her.
Crest: Crest of Flames
Nice collateral self-healing but nothing to rely on.
Crest: Minor Crest of Seiros
In Edelgard's case this can be overkill. The proc chance makes it unreliable.
Edelgard's Guaranteed Stats at 120: 7888 E 90 S 80 B 74 C 71 D 57 D 67 B 67 B 93 S
Average projected stats at 120 with class bonuses: 10328 106 96 82 85 61 75 77 105
Recommend leveling as: Emperor 1-120 Stats: 11488 120 110 74 71 57 85 79 111
We go with Emperor to get Str, Mag and Cha close to cap. It also gives her a considerable durability boost.
Various Weapon Prowess Emperor Stormer of the Land Free Slot Suggestions
Fortress Knight Boost Critical Great Knight Luna
Battle Instincts (Bow Knight), Burst of Resolve (Trickster), Charm Catalyst (Dancer), Lancebreaker (Emperor), Lifeforce (Mage)
Wyvern Rider Offensive Tactics --- Free Slot
Mortal Savant Dual Onslaught --- Free Slot
Brigand Wild Abandon --- Free Slot
Notable Abilities
Damage Dual Onslaught, Offensive Tactics, Wild Abandon, Luna/Flare, Lancebreaker
Edelgard has a good set of damage options. Wild Abandon is even safe to use due to SotL.
Critical Boost Critical
Not much going on here just staple stuff.
CA/Spell Lifeforce
In conjunction with her Minor Crest her CAs can go nuclear. Always useful but in Edelgard's case other abilities tend to overshadow it.
Awakening Pegasus Knight's Wisdom, Battle Instincts, Burst of Resolve
In combination with Aymir, a couple of these tend to be all you need to have constant access to Awakening, even if they don't last as long.
Specials Knight's Wisdom, Battle Instincts, Charm Catalyst
Edelgard can also have rapid access to Specials, tapping into her high Cha stat.
Cha Charm Catalyst, Stormer of the Land
SotL grants her an additional layer of mitigation that few other units can get, allowing her safer use of things like Wild Abandon.
Elemental Fiendish Blow, Essence of Fire
Standard stuff, just remember that Essence of Fire doesn't stack with Solar Prominence.
Other Appraisal, Despoil, Kinship
Good assortment of utility.
Adjutant Trust, Harmonious Specials, One Heart One Mind, Warrior Assist, Fire Assist
Edelgard is one of the best adjutants in the game.
Sword Astra, Electric Grounder, Firesweep
Lance Lightstrike, Glowing Ember
Axe Raging Storm, Flickering Flower, War Strike, Crush
Bow Deadeye, Drill Arrow, Flame Volley
Spells Dark Spikes Tau, Hades Omega, Bolganone
Weapon Attributes: Charm Factor, Boost Combat Arts/Magic, Invoke Crest Effects, Aymir
Accessories: Monstrous Strength Sring, Mesmerizing Charm Ring, Sky Dragon Sign
Classes: Great Knight/Wyvern Lord/Emperor > Dark Knight > Mortal Savant/Dancer
Adjutants: Monica > Ferdinand  
Aymir is a straightforward weapon choice and will work excellently on any Axe class and with Monica as adjutant. You can also try using the Invoke Crest Effects attribute along with the Sky Dragon Sign, and Lysithea as adjutant for a build that uses Crest effect procs to boost CAs and fuel gauges. This can be done with any weapon type. Downside is that you lose access to Raging Storm and the build can be inconsistent due to being capped at C support.
Edited by Archeleon

4 hours ago, Archeleon said:

Edelgard

Unique Action: Solar Prominence - Essentially Essence of Fire+. Fire is not the best element but Edelgard does have access to a lot of Fire CAs that benefit from this.

Unique Support: Emperor's Prestige - Very strong. It does make some Guard Piercing skills redundant though.

Crests: Crest of Flames - Nice bonus to have for sustain but too low a proc chance to be reliable.

Minor Crest of Seiros - In Edelgard's case this can be overkill. The proc chance makes it unreliable. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edelgard's stat spread (without boosters) suggests the following:

Physical attacker. Good magic user. Mediocre Critical Rush damage/Critical chance. Short Awakening duration, normal CA/Spell CDs. Modest bulk. 

Recommend leveling as: Emperor

Projected Stats as Emperor (1-120):

HP Str Mag Dex Spd Lck Def Res Cha
11488 120 110 74 71 57 85 79 111
  Reveal hidden contents

Guaranteed growths at 120 without class bonuses.

HP STR MAG DEX SPD LCK DEF RES CHA
7888 E 90 S 80 B 74 C 71 D 57 D 67 B 67 B 93 S

Average projected stats at 120 with accessible class bonuses.

HP Str Mag Dex Spd Lck Def Res Cha
10328 106 96 82 85 61 75 77 105

Edelgard is an offensive powerhouse, effectively using both physical and magical attacks. Her Cha is high, keeping her battalions healthy. She is also fairly sturdy despite her low HP. Her Spd and Lck leave much to be desired, however.

Various Weapon Prowess Emperor Stormer of the Land
Fortress Knight Boost Critical GK/Gremory Luna/Flare
Brigand Wild Abandon --- Free Slot

Free Slot Suggestions - Battle Instincts (Bow Knight), Burst of Resolve (Trickster), Charm Catalyst (Dancer), Lancebreaker (Emperor), Lifeforce (Mage), Appraisal (Thief), Despoil (Assassin)

Notable abilities:

Reveal hidden contents

Damage - Offensive Tactics, Dual Onslaught, Wild Abandon, Lancebreaker

These offer significant power increases without much drawback. Wild Abandon is a lot more viable on her due to her sturdiness and Stormer of the Land.

Critical - Boost Critical, Apex Axe*, Burst of Resolve

Edelgard doesn't have high innate Crit but its enough that she can make good use of these.

CA/Spell - Lifeforce

The more abilities Edelgard gets access to, the less she ends up using this. Not bad in general, just overshadowed in her case.

Awakening - Pegasus Knight's Wisdom, Battle Instincts, Burst of Resolve

In combination with Aymir, a couple of these tend to be all you need to have constant access to Awakening, even if they don't last as long.

Specials - Knight's Wisdom, Harmonious Specials, Battle Instincts, Charm Catalyst

Edelgard can also have rapid access to Specials and can make them stronger when paired.

Elemental - Emperor's Ploy, Fiendish Blow, Essence of Fire

As stated before, Fire is not the best element, on top of that Edelgard's Unique Action makes them mostly irrelevant.

Lck - Luna, Flare

Edelgard doesn't have the highest Lck stat but these are still good options to have. 

Cha - Charm Catalyst, Stormer of the Land

Edelgard makes excellent use of her Cha stat through these. SotL grants her an additional layer of mitigation that few other units can get.

Class Action - Thief's Wisdom, Special Dance, Pegasus Knight's Wisdom, Knight's Wisdom

The first imbues her CLA with Fire. Special Dance is self-explanatory. The other two were covered in other sections.

Other - Appraisal, Despoil, Kinship, Trust, One Heart One Mind, Warrior Assist, Fire Assist, Adjutant's Benefit, Harmonious Specials

Edelgard makes a pretty good Adjutant and can even help her own Adjutant's level up safely.

Notable CAs/Spells:

Reveal hidden contents

Sword - Electric Grounder, Firesweep

Lance - Glowing Ember, Dark Lance, Lightstrike

Axe - Raging Storm, War Strike, Lightning Axe

Bow - Flame Volley

Tome - Hades Omega, Bolganone

Weapon Attribute Recommendations: Charm Factor, Boost Combat Arts/Magic, Invoke Crest Effects, Aymir.

Accessory Recommendations: Fierce Strength Ring, Mesmerizing Charm Ring, Sky Dragon Sign    

Class Recommendations: Wyvern Lord > Dark Knight > Mortal Savant > Dancer > Gremory

I really love these! Keep going! 

I really love how you dissected everything Shez and Edelgard have in their kits with your recommendations in tow. 

On 8/14/2022 at 4:04 PM, Archeleon said:

(Edelgard) Accessory Recommendations: Fierce Strength Ring, Mesmerizing Charm Ring, Sky Dragon Sign    

I was a big fan of Fetters of Dromi on her. Emperor has solid stats and IMO one of the more smooth, enjoyable movesets for axes, but the move sucks. Fixing that felt great.

3 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I was a big fan of Fetters of Dromi on her. Emperor has solid stats and IMO one of the more smooth, enjoyable movesets for axes, but the move sucks. Fixing that felt great.

I think Fetters works well on anyone that prefers infantry classes, doubly so if they make good use of the Spd bonus. The reason I would not highlight Fetters on Edelgard is because she really wants to be an Axe user and 2/3rd of her class options are mounted. I used to feel the same way about Emperor in comparison to GK and WL but the more I tested out builds on those classes the less I missed the moveset. She also does not care one bit about the Spd bonus.

I thought you were recommending that as her class, but re-reading it, I see it's not there, just a recommendation for levelling. Fair, it's obviously only useful if she's in Emperor. If you feel the other axe classes are better then you won't be using them of course.

I don't think the small speed alteration is a particularly significant for Fetters, the move is by far the most important property of that accessory. As such they're most useful for the least mobile classes, which by master tier is (iirc?) Emperor and War Master.

2 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I thought you were recommending that as her class, but re-reading it, I see it's not there, just a recommendation for levelling. Fair, it's obviously only useful if she's in Emperor. If you feel the other axe classes are better then you won't be using them of course.

I don't think the small speed alteration is a particularly significant for Fetters, the move is by far the most important property of that accessory. As such they're most useful for the least mobile classes, which by master tier is (iirc?) Emperor and War Master.

I might need to make the distinction between leveling class vs equipped class a bit clearer to avoid confusion.

Coming from the accessory slot though 6 Spd is nothing to scoff at. With the right set ups, it can actually get you a decent damage boost.

Ferdinand
Unique Action: Maximum Ambulation
Ferdinand can make good use of Hit Count mechanics due to this but it's not his main damage mechanic. This shines when in Awakening mode.
Unique Support: Name Drop
I AM FERDINAND VON AEGIR. This is very potent for him as he can reach Spd cap very easily and can shred through gauges due to MA.
Crest: Minor Crest of Cichol
Synergizes fairly well with some of the CAs he learns, and he is and overall great CA user.
Ferdinand's Guaranteed Stats at 120: 9605 B 72 B 39 F 72 C 84 B 73 B 61 C 47 E 64 C
Average projected stats at 120 with class bonuses: 12000 88 54 82 98 78 68 56 74
Recommend leveling as: War Master 1-120 Stats: 12000 108 39 90 108 73 61 47 76
War Master gets him close to Str and Spd cap, and gets him high Dex.
Various Weapon Prowess Dark Bishop Absorb Speed Free Slot Suggestions
Paladin Boost Critical Brawler Concentration
Rejuvenation (Grappler), Dexterity Catalyst (Bow Knight), Burst of Valor (Trickster), Specials Master (Dark Knight), Swordbreaker (Holy Knight), Serene Stance (Mortal Savant), Wild Abandon (Brigand), Lifeforce (Mage)
Brigand Impossible Feat --- Free Slot
Great Knight Luna --- Free Slot
Notable Abilities
Damage Offensive Tactics, Impossible Feat, Wild Abandon, Swordbreaker, Luna
Strong options.
Critical Boost Critical, Burst of Valor, Specials Master
Solid options that can synergize well with his Crest.
Spd Absorb Speed
CA/Spell Lifeforce
Despite his lack of Awakening-centric abilities he can actually fill up the gauge fast due to Name Drop. He can maintain the mode for quite some time. He can also spam CAs quite quickly to tap into his Crest. Be careful using Lifeforce on him though.
Specials Knight's Wisdom, Specials Master, Burst of Valor, Dexterity Catalyst, Luck Catalyst
Decent selection here to compliment his other damage options.
Hit Count Concentration, Rejuvenation
These compliment Maximum Ambulation fairly well.
Elemental Essence of Fire, Fiendish Blow
He learns a decent bunch of Fire CAs/Spells but I would not recommend using up slots to augment them.
Super Armor Serene Stance
A decent option specially if you make him a War Master.
Other Appraisal, Despoil, Kinship, Renewal
Standard stuff.
Adjutant Trust, One Heart one Mind, Rally Dexterity, Warrior Assist
Ferdinand is a great adjutant, arguably the best male adjutant.
Sword Astra, Firesweep
Lance Glowing Ember, Shatter Slash, Lightstrike
Axe War Strike, Smash, Crush, Shredder
Bow Drill Arrow, Flame Volley
Gauntlets Fierce Iron Fist, Bombard, Lightning Fist, Flamewhorl Kick
Spells Dark Spikes Tau, Hades Omega, Bolganone
Weapon Attributes: Speed Factor, Boost Consecutive Hits, Invoke Crest Effects
Accessories: Lightning Speed Ring, Monstruous Strength Ring, Fetters of Dromi, Earth Dragon Sign
Classes: Holy Knight/War Master > Trickster > Wyvern Lord/Bow Knight
Adjutants: Edelgard >  Lysithea  
Adjutant Class: Wyvern Lord
You can try using the Invoke Crest Effects attribute along with the Earth Dragon Sign, and Lysithea as adjutant for a build that uses Crest effect procs to boost CAs and fuel gauges. Wouldn't recommended it over a Hit Count/Spd build though.
Edited by Archeleon

Linhardt
Unique Action: Easy Breezy
It does a very small amount of damage that applies Windtorn to enemies but does not trigger it. It is not improved by Essence of Wind. It does not add to the Hit Count. It does not damage the Stun Gauge. Overall, this is a weak and awkward unique action.
Unique Support: Cat Nap
Fitting for Linhardt but borderline useless.
Crest: Minor Crest of Cethleann
A boost for a very niche set of spells. Linhardt only learns Physic baseline.
Linhardt's Guaranteed Stats at 120: 7346 F 59 D 79 B 65 D 68 D 73 B 57 C 73 A 43 F
Average projected stats at 120 with class bonuses: 9789 75 94 75 82 78 64 82 53
Recommend leveling as: Dark Bishop 1-120 Stats: 9146 59 120 83 68 73 57 109 43
Dark Bishop gets him to Mag cap and close to Res cap. His Dex becomes serviceable but everything else is mediocre or bad.
Various Weapon Prowess Warlock Fiendish Blow Free Slot Suggestions
Bishop Boost Critical Dark Bishop Absorb Resistance
Burst of Resolve (Trickster), Bowbreaker (Dark Bishop), Lifeforce (Mage), Piercing Cry (War Master), Rejuvenation (Brawler)
Brigand Wild Abandon (S) --- Free Slot
Warlock Essence of Wind --- Free Slot
Notable Abilities
Damage Offensive Tactics, Wild Abandon, Bowbreaker, Luna
The point of interest here is Luna. In most of his builds this is pointless but if you run an Invert Physical/Magic physical weapon you can have his Mag target enemy Def to tap into Luna and his good Lck stat. There are a few issues with this approach, namely using magical spells with his low Str and using up a weapon attribute slot to make it work. In that sense Trickster, Holy Knight and War Master become more viable than initially expected especially when you look through the list of CAs he learns. Potentially fun options.
Critical Boost Critical, Burst of Resolve
His average Dex limits these a bit but he has some Spell options that take advantage of them.
CA/Spell Lifeforce
Comes up a bit more often on him since he doesn't have as many damage options.
Awakening Battle Instincts, Burst of Resolve, Piercing Cry
His slow Spd doesn't lend to long Awakening durations, but he doesn't suffer much from it.
Hit Count Concentration, Rejuvenation, Piercing Cry
He won't need Concentration often. He builds hit count in bursts. Rejuvenation makes Lifeforce use a lot safer.
Elemental Essence of Wind, Fiendish Blow
Linhardt is one of the few units I'd consider Essence of Element to be staple in his builds, especially with Fiendish Blow.
Res Absorb Resistance
Along with his naturally high Res, this makes him nigh invulnerable to magic. It also allows him to use Resistance Factor to boost his damage considerably.
Other Appraisal, Despoil, Kinship
Utility
Adjutant Trust, One Heart one Mind, Warrior Assist
Mediocre Adjutant at best.
Sword Astra, Electrict Grounder, Windsweep
Lance Lightstrike, Thunder Rush, Dark Lance, Tempest Lance
Axe War Strike, Smash, Crush, Shredder
Bow Deadeye, Drill Arrow, Thunderbolt, Flame Volley
Gauntlets Bombard, Lightning Fist, Fierce Iron Fist, Whirlwind Kick
Spells Excalibur, Dark Spikes Tau, Aura, Bolting, Meteor, Bolganone
Weapon Attributes: Boost Combat Arts/Magic, Reistance Factor, Boost Aerial Attacks
Accessories: Hexlock Shield, Magic Staff, Circe Staff, Asclepius, Thyrsus, Fetters of Dromi
Classes: Dark Bishop/Dark Knight > Trickster
Adjutants: Scarlet Blaze: Edelgard/Monica Azure Gleam: Byleth/Flayn Golden Wildfire: Hilda/Byleth  
Adjutant Class: Gremory/Dark Bishop

Edited by Archeleon

5 hours ago, Archeleon said:

Linhardt

Unique Action: Easy Breezy - Very odd ability. It does not have as many synergies as you'd think this would have and can be a bit of a pain to trigger and maintain. It does a very small amount of damage that applies Windtorn to enemies but does not trigger it. It is not improved by Essence of Wind. It does not add to the Hit Count. It does not damage the Stun Gauge. Overall, this is a weak and awkward unique action.

Huh, so Easy Breezy sorta sucks. It looked cool and I was looking forward to messing around with Linhardt more due to the ability, but if its lackluster than I'll move him to a lower priority when it comes to mastering classes/reaching max level.

I would post some builds of my own, but aside from Shez I don't feel like I've had enough experience playing the other characters with end-game loadouts. It doesn't help I tend to main a single character now with Balthus' Merc Whistle item to get more gold, so I don't get to experience that character's personal ability.
-- The only other two I feel somewhat confident in making a build for is Claude and Lysithea, although I haven't played them at their max potential much as I play to master the classes, then swap characters.

Edited by Sire
It, not I

55 minutes ago, Sire said:

Huh, so Easy Breezy sorta sucks. I looked cool and I was looking forward to messing around with Linhardt more due to the ability, but if its lackluster than I'll move him to a lower priority when it comes to mastering classes/reaching max level.

I would post some builds of my own, but aside from Shez I don't feel like I've had enough experience playing the other characters with end-game loadouts. It doesn't help I tend to main a single character now with Balthus' Merc Whistle item to get more gold, so I don't get to experience that character's personal ability.
-- The only other two I feel somewhat confident in making a build for is Claude and Lysithea, although I haven't played them at their max potential much as I play to master the classes, then swap characters.

Yeah. I wasn't expecting it to deal a lot of damage on its own but was hoping it would interact with his kit in some interesting way. If it 1) Triggered from Wind SAs, CAs and Spells, and 2) Added to the hit counter/depleted gauges, it would make it a very strong UA and would make up for Catnap. I wouldn't even need it to deal damage at that point. But heck, once he gets Excalibur he starts coming together quite nicely and is quite fun to play.

Caspar
Unique Action: One for the Books
An interesting premise but in practice it makes you a sitting duck. Even with super armor skills you are still just sitting there eating damage and the return is not worthwhile. It also slows down his combat loop.
Unique Support: Fists of Justice
This lets him plow through Stun Gauge pretty quickly but in my experience, he just kills people straight up without needing to tap into this.
Caspar's Guaranteed Stats at 120: 10782 S 72 B 51 E 78 B 72 D 66 B 58 C 39 F 50 E
Average projected stats at 120 with class bonuses: 12000 88 66 88 86 71 65 48 60
Recommend leveling as: Mortal Savant 1-120 Stats: 12000 102 81 78 72 84 58 39 62
Mortal Savant gets him significant Str, Mag and Lck boosts that he makes great use of via abilities.
Various Weapon Prowess Dark Bishop Absorb Strength Free Slot Suggestions
Wyvern Rider Offensive Tactics Warrior Boost Critical
Wild Abandon (Brigand), Lancebreaker (Wyvern Lord), Lifeforce (Mage), Luck Catalyst (Bishop), Stalwart Stance (Great Knight)
Dark Bishop Impossible Feat --- Free Slot
Great Knight Luna --- Free Slot
Notable Abilities
Damage Offensive Tactics, Impossible Feat, Wild Abandon, Lancebreaker, Luna, Dual Onslaught, Absorb Strength
Caspar is stacked. You can even consider skipping on Wild Abandon if his natural squishiness is giving you issues.
Critical Boost Critical
Basic stuff.
CA/Spell Lifeforce
Once again this gets bumped off by better options.
Specials Piercing Gaze, Luck Catalyst
Decent selection but he really doesn't even need to use Specials to flatten enemies.
Hit Count Concentration, Rejuvenation, Piercing Gaze
Good selection for hit count support.
Elemental Essence of Fire, Fiendish Blow
He does have access to decent Fire CAs but elemental damage is certainly not his forte.
Defensive Stalwart Stance, Aegis
Stalwart Stance is pretty useful. Aegis is ok on him.
Other Appraisal, Despoil, Kinship, Renewal, Range Master
Utility
Adjutant Trust, One Heart one Mind, Warrior Assist
Pretty basic adjutant, nothing special.
Sword Astra, Firesweep, Electric Grounder
Lance Glowing Ember, Shatter Slash, Lightstrike
Axe War Strike, Crush, Shredder
Bow Drill Arrow, Flame Volley
Gauntlets Bombard, Lightning Fist, Flamewhorl Kick, Fierce Iron Fist
Spells Excalibur, Dark Spikes Tau, Aura, Meteor, Bolganone, Thoron
Weapon Attributes: Luck Factor, Boost Critical, Boost Combat Arts/Magic, Boost Mounted Damage
Accessories: Monstrous Strength Ring, Goddess Ring
Classes: Wyvern Lord/Great Knight/War Master > Bow Knight/Dark Knight/Mortal Savant
Adjutants: Edelgard  
Edited by Archeleon

Bernadetta
Unique Action: Personal Space
It gives her on-demand access to crowd control and a boost to critical. At Lvl 3 you can use it often enough to make it a great UA.
Unique Support: Persecution Complex
You don't actually have to take damage to trigger this. Guarding against attacks can still trigger it. It can be handy in some Guard-oriented builds, but she is otherwise too squishy to afford taking damage.
Crest: Minor Crest of Indech
This increases her access to CAs substantially.
Caspar's Guaranteed Stats at 120: 7802 E 68 C 39 F 86 A 78 C 53 D 46 E 53 D 64 C
Average projected stats at 120 with class bonuses: 10159 83 54 95 93 58 53 62 76
Recommend leveling as: Wyvern Lord 1-120 Stats: 11402 104 39 86 96 53 64 53 76
Wyvern Lord gives her a much needed Str and Spd boost.
Various Weapon Prowess Sniper Boost Critical Free Slot Suggestions
Wyvern Rider Offensive Tactics Bow Knight Battle Instincts
Lifeforce (Mage), Burst of Resolve (Trickster), Str +10 (Wyvern Lord), Gauntletbreaker (Bow Knight), Speed Catalyst (Falcon Knight)
Brigand Wild Abandon (S) --- Free Slot
Archer Armsthrift --- Free Slot
Trickster Forethought --- Free Slot
Notable Abilities
Damage Offensive Tactics, Wild Abandon, Gauntletbreaker, Str+10
Her lack of flat damage options forces you to get clever. Fortunately she has other good venues for damage.
Critical Boost Critical, Burst of Resolve
Along with her good Dex and UA she can make excellent use of these.
CA/Spell Lifeforce, Armsthrift, Forethought
These synergize well with her Crest which is her main damage source.
Awakening Forethought, Battle Instincts, Burst of Resolve
She can go into Awakening pretty easily as a side-effet of her CA spam.
Specials Forethought, Battle Instincts, Speed Catalyst
She also builds Specials pretty fast.
Elemental Essence of Ice, Fiendish Blow
She learns a bunch of decent Ice CAs/Spells but they aren't her best options.
Defensive Aegis, Def +10
Aegis can be handy in some situations.
Other Appraisal, Kinship, Renewal
Utility
Adjutant Trust, Ice Assist
Even with an elemental assist Benie is, unsurprisingly, a poor adjutant.
Sword Astra, Firesweep, Windsweep
Lance Lance Jab, Stormblade, Shatter Slash, Thunder Rush, Lightstrike, Frozen Lance
Axe War Strike, Crush, Shredder
Bow Deadeye, Drill Arrow, Flame Volley
Spells Hades Omega, Excalibur, Dark Spikes Tau, Aura, Thoron, Fimbulvetr
Weapon Attributes: Dexterity Factor, Boost Critical, Boost Combat Arts/Magic, Invoke Crest Effects, The Inexhaustible
I know people are a fan of The Inexhaustible on Bernie but I think it is a waste to keep on her due, ironically, to the Crest of Indech. She can reset the CDs on her CAs pretty consistently with an Invoke Crest Effects weapon, especially when paired with the Water Dragon Sign. This allows you to also run either Dexterity Factor or Boost Combat Arts/Magic to significantly increase the damage she does, something The Inexhaustible cannot do. As a plus, this set up can be run on any class and not just Bow Knight.
Accessories: Water Dragon Sign, Monstrous Strength Ring, Critical Ring, Agile Dexterity Ring
Classes: Bow Knight/Falcon Knight > Wyvern Lord
Adjutants: Scarlet Blaze: Edelgard Azure Gleam: Annette Golden Wildfire: Marianne/Lysithea  

Edited by Archeleon

God, I never would have thought of going for an Invoke Crest Effects weapon and Water Dragon Sign on Bernie instead of the Inexhaustible or Thunderbrand for a CA spam build. Now I need to find a Hauteclere with Invoke Crest Effects and Boost Combat Arts/Magic, and go around spamming War Strike without mercy or remorse.

Edited by ZanaLyrander

Dorothea
Unique Action: Prismatic Resonance
It spawns an orb imbued with either Fire, Lightning or Light every other attack or so. The orbs detonate when you hit them directly or when you send enemies Flying towards them. They deal a decent amount of damage in their vicinity but do not apply elemental effects. They do seem to damage Stun Gauges. This ability requires a bit more work than most but can be free damage on some classes.
Unique Support: Songstress
Very niche ability. Practically useless when playing solo.
Caspar's Guaranteed Stats at 120: 7797 E 39 F 66 C 80 B 65 E 59 C 48 E 64 C 71 B
Average projected stats at 120 with class bonuses: 10154 54 81 89 80 64 55 73 83
Recommend leveling as: Gremory 1-120 Stats: 9597 39 108 92 65 59 48 88 89
Gremory gets her close to Mag cap and gives her good bonuses to Dex, Res and Cha.
Various Weapon Prowess Trickster Burst of Resolve Free Slot Suggestions
Pegasus Knight Darting Blow Dark Knight Dex +10
Pavise (Fortress Knight), Exalted Breath (Holy Knight), Bowbreaker (Gremory), Special Dance (Dancer)
Archer Armsthrift --- Free Slot
Warlock Boost Critical --- Free Slot
Bow Knight Battle Instincts --- Free Slot
Notable Abilities
Damage Bowbreaker
Dorothea has to get a bit more creative to deal damage. Fitting for someone who hates fighting.
Critical Boost Critical, Burst of Resolve, Dex +10
Luckily, she does have the Dex to compliment Critical-oriented abilities.
CA/Spell Armsthrift
Again, no straightforward damage but nevertheless important.
Awakening Battle Instincts, Darting Blow, Burst of Resolve, Exalted Breath
This is where you start seeing the writing on the wall. She can get into Awakening pretty easily in two different ways. She can go into a multi-hit, critical build with Darting Blow and Burst of Resolve or a Special/Nosferatu/Ichor Scroll engine with Exalted Breath. Even a combination of both. And yes, Nosferatu does trigger Exalted Breath.
Defensive Pavise, Max HP +1500, Def +10
With her high Dex and propensity for getting hit, Pavise is actually quite handy.
Other Sol, Renewal
Some nice self-healing. Too bad they don't trigger Exalted Breath.
Adjutant Awakening Assist, Rally Charm, Lightning Assist
Pretty average adjutant.
Sword Astra, Finesse Blade, Firesweep, Windsweep, Electric Grounder
Lance Lightstrike, Lance Jab, Glowing Ember, Shatter Slash, Thunder Rush, Stomrblade, Dark Lance
Axe War Strike, Shredder, Lightning Axe
Bow Deadeye, Break Shot, Thunderbolt
Spells Dark Spikes Tau, Hades Omega, Excalibur, Meteor, Aura, Bolganone, Thoron
I want to highlight Thoron here. Everyone knows the potential power of Agnea's Arrow but I actually have found Thoron to be far more reliable than AA. If you are going for the Stun Gauge build (recommended) do give it a whirl in place of, or along with AA.
Weapon Attributes: Boost Critical Rushes, Dexterity Factor, Charm Factor, Invert Physical/Magic, Crusher, Ichor Scroll
Accessories: Agile Dexterity Ring, Mesmerizing Charm Ring, Circe Staff, Asclepius, Any Crest Item (Crusher/Ichor Scroll)
Classes: Dancer/Trickster/Gremory > Holy Knight/Bow Knight/Wyvern Lord
Adjutants: Scarlet Blaze: Edelgard/Ferdinand Azure Gleam: Annette/Byleth Golden Wildfire: Hilda        
Adjutant Class: Gremory, Dancer
Edited by Archeleon

Your builds have the units leveling in the class that accentuates the unit's bonuses, but I tend to go with classes that help units gain stats in their weaknesses.

6 hours ago, Archeleon said:

Unique Action: Prismatic Resonance - Another curious UA. It spawns an orb imbued with either Fire, Lightning or Light every other attack or so. The orbs detonate when you hit them directly or when you send enemies Flying towards them. They deal a decent amount of damage in their vicinity but do not apply elemental effects. They do seem to damage Stun Gauges. This ability requires a bit more work than most but can be free damage on some classes.

Dorothea is insanely strong as a melee unit due to her passive. It breaks stun and guards of enemies and interrupts their attack animation. And it triggers on weak attacks. Sword class animations are incredibly fast on weak attacks, especially Assassin/Trickster class action which also breaks guard and stun and spams attacks like no tomorrow. You can give her a weapon that does magical damage (Arrow of Indra as Cavalry or Levin Sword as Sword, or a weapon that has attribute reversal) and she melts any enemies. She is far far better as a melee unit than a magic unit thanks to movesets (magical attack moveset is horribly slow)

On 8/18/2022 at 1:04 PM, Archeleon said:

Unique Support:  Persecution Complex - You don't actually have to take damage to trigger this. Guarding against attacks can still trigger it. It can be handy in some Guard-oriented builds, but she is otherwise too squishy to afford taking damage.

I personally hate Wyvern and Mounted class movesets in Three Hopes, so I prefer to use the foot versions. You can level her in Fortress Knight for Def growth and she won't be squishy. You can also level her in Holy Knight for both Def and Res growth. 

Edited by IonicAmalgam

Guess I'll post a build of my own..

Note: Battalions are not listed as they do not impact builds much. It can be assumed that the user fields their personal battalion, same-weapon battalion, or adapt to the changing circumstances. 
Note 2: Apex (Weapon) are not listed as it is currently bugged. Otherwise, they may end up in the "General" category for skills, making it harder to choose what skill fits where...

Shez – Asura [Dark Creator Sword, Warm Cloak*]
Unique Action: Shadowflash, Gordian Stroke*
Crest: N/A

Combat Arts/Magic: Luna, Swift Slice

Skills: 
-- Standard: Sword Prowess, Boost Critical, Axebreaker
-- Damage: Impossible Feat, Rejuvenation
-- Specials: Renewed Carnage, The Creation, Specials Master
-- Utility: Range Master, Howl

Alternatives:
-- Lifeforce: For even more damage when using Combat Arts/Magic, at the cost of losing HP.
-- True Awakening: A unique skill learned by Shez, but Shez doesn't make much use of Awakening as much as Byleth does. It can be nice if trying to use Shez to earn "Awakening Bonuses," but other characters may be better suited for that.
-- Absorb Speed: Useful if soloing as Shez as it also increases the damage of Swift Slice and reduces the cooldowns of CA/Magic further, otherwise other skills may be more worthwhile.
-- Appraisal, Despoil: The classic Farming skills. Toss in Balthus' Merc Whistle Item "Secret Medicine" and rake in the gold. Swap them in if desired.

Description: My favorite build for Shez as once it gets going, it annihilates everything on the screen. This build makes use of Sylvain Merc Whistle item which increases the damage and range of attacks once certain hit thresholds are reached, as well as the Dark Creator Sword which doubles all hits. Shez's Asura class is also great for building up hitcounts due to its moveset.
-- Remember that Merc Whistle items replace the character's Personal Skill with another, so this Shez will not be dashing around as normal. I find it not to be an issue as Strong Attack 3 (Asura) dashes around just fine, while also doing damage while it charges forward.

Impossible Feat is used to further increase damage dealt, with Rejuvenation being present to help offset the HP Drain and act as a self-heal.

Shez is built to also be a Special Attack spammer, having passive regeneration with Renewed Carnage and synergy with The Creation (can't be interrupted while one Warrior Gauge is filled) and Specials Master (increased critical rate if at least 30 KOs during a Special). Special Attacks also recieve the extra range and damage from Gordian Stroke, meaning it will affect the entire screen when fully active.

I lastly use Range Master for even more range, with Howl to make it easier to interrupt/knockback foes.
-- Note: I have not tested if removing Range Master makes a difference once the effects of Sylvain's personal maxes out in terms of attack range. I just kept it on as it's Shez's innate ability and it helps ramp up easier.

Extra: While I love the build, I haven't been playing much as Shez recently so I can focus on other characters instead. When Shez is force-deployed, I tend to swap out Luna for Physic (will later give him Fortify once he learns it from an ally), as an insurance policy while I main a different character.

Also, Shez works well as a Dark Knight as Shez has access to Essence of Darkness and Fiendish Blow. While I haven't messed much with this combination myself, it is another fun build that Shez can run if one gets tired of being an Asura.

Edited by Sire

11 hours ago, IonicAmalgam said:

Your builds have the units leveling in the class that accentuates the unit's bonuses, but I tend to go with classes that help units gain stats in their weaknesses.

Yes, I much prefer accentuating their strengths than trying to shore up weaknesses. I find it more optimal and interesting as it solidifies their identities as units.

Might be interesting for anyone making builds to determine if they should reset their level ups or not. Below is a probability table for different class growth rates and the probability of achieving a particular growth above the character's base stat by level 120 (using https://stattrek.com/online-calculator/binomial). Generally a particular class will have 3-4 "important" (non health/charisma) stat growth bonuses.
image.thumb.png.b3f9e297a5ffed7b46e506be5da23812.png

How to Use:
Take hypothetical Byleth F for example. She has base growths as shown below. If leveling in the Trickster class and aiming for a 80% stat distribution, you can calculate based on your stat at level 120 as shown below. If you have met the desired growths (or exceeded it) then you can leave as is. Otherwise since Trickster has 4 important stats, you will need to do at worst 6 (95% confidence) to 10 (99% confidence) level resets to be able to meet the target growth rate of 80% in all 4 stats.
image.thumb.png.eced95320c83cf44e5e133d5e31e5f2c.png

Edited by IonicAmalgam

Hubert
Unique Action: Dark Conjuration
Despite the name it is not actually a Dark attack and does not interact with things like Essence of Darkness nor does it apply Spellbound. However, the active component can reveal Stun Gauge and deals damage to it. Additionally, it will cause enemies struck to drop their Guard, leaving them open to attack.
Basically Death Blow+. Synergizes well with Dark Conjuration to easily go into Critical Rushes.
Hubert's Guaranteed Stats at 120: 7122 F 55 D 83 A 73 C 80 B 67 B 49 E 65 B 65 C
Average projected stats at 120 with class bonuses: 9565 71 98 83 94 72 56 74 75
Recommend leveling as: Dark Bishop 1-120 Stats: 8922 55 120 91 80 67 49 101 65
Recommend leveling as: Dancer 1-120 Stats: 9522 67 107 73 116 67 49 65 95

Dark Bishop will get him to Mag cap and close to Res cap, as well as high Dex. This lends itself more towards a Stun build.
Dancer gets him close to Mag and Spd cap, as well as high Cha. This is better for CA/Spell spamming but makes him vulnerable to magic.
Various Weapon Prowess Brigand Wild Abandon Free Slot Suggestions
Dark Bishop Absorb Magic Archer Armsthrift
Cha/Dex Catalyst (Dancer/Bow Knight), Burst of Valor (Trickster), Aggression (Warlock), Bowbreaker (Dark Bishop), Essence of Darkness (Dark Mage), Serene Stance (Mortal Savant)
Mortal Savant Big Game Hunter --- Free Slot
Brawler Underdog --- Free Slot
Notable Abilities
Damage Absorb Magic, Big Game Hunter, Offensive Tactics, Wild Abandon, Underdog, Bowbreaker
Wild Abandon which can be very risky on him. Underdog comes into play when on Maddening.
Critical Burst of Valor, Specials Master
Boost Critical is conspicuously absent from his learnset. BoV and Specials Master have very interesting synergy though.
CA/Spell Armsthrift
In case you were worried about durability getting in the way of spamming spells, this gives you a lot more breathing room.
Specials Knight's Wisdom, Specials Master, Burst of Valor, Dexterity Catalyst, Charm Catalyst, Aggression
He has plenty of ways to get Specials. You even get to pick a Catalyst based on what build you went with.
Elemental Essence of Darkness, Aggression
Lack of Fiendish Blow is not a big deal for him since he prefers Dark. Especially inconsequential as a Dark Bishop due to Impair.
Dex Dexterity Catalyst, Pavise, Dex +10
He has a decent amount of Dex-centric abilities that support his Stun build.
Defensive Serene Stance, Pavise, Def +10
Serene Stance can be handy against Bow users, which he is already good against.
Other Kinship, Renewal, Rejuvenation, Range Master
These are handy miscellaneous abilities.
Adjutant Trust, Awakening Assist
Hubert doesn't have much to offer as adjutant.
Sword Astra, Magic Blade, Electric Grounder, Windsweep, Firesweep, Shadowblade
Lance Lightstrike, Glowing Ember, Shatter Slash, Dark Lance
Axe War Strike, Shredder
Bow Deadeye, Break Shot, Flame Volley
Gauntlets Fierce Iron Fist, Dual Devastators, Frozen Fist
Spells Dark Spikes Tau, Hades Omega, Banshee Theta, Luna Lambda
Weapon Attributes: Resistance Factor/Speed Factor, Boost Combat Arts/Magic, Boost Critical Rushes.
Accessories: Magic Staff, Asclepius, Hexlock Shield, Lightning Speed Ring
Classes: Dark Bishop > Dark Knight > Trickster/Dancer
Adjutants: Monica  
Adjutant Class: Gremory (Dex/Res build), Dancer (Spd/Cha build)
Edited by Archeleon

Petra
Unique Action: Windstorm
Dodging through enemies deals a small amount of damage. It applies Windtorn and Guard Breaks. It also launches fodder into the air and can juggle commanders. It interacts with Fiendish Blow. This is a deceptively strong UA.
Unique Support: Hunter's Boon
This is just Burst of Resolve, which is nice.
Petra's Guaranteed Stats at 120: 8921 C 66 C 52 E 82 A 91 A 75 A 54 D 43 F 60 D
Average projected stats at 120 with class bonuses: 11278 81 67 91 106 80 61 52 72
Recommend leveling as: Wyvern Lord 1-120 Stats: 12000 102 52 82 109 75 72 43 72
Wyvern Lord gives her a great boost to Str and keeps her Spd high.
Various Weapon Prowess Warlock Fiendish Blow Free Slot Suggestions
Assassin Boost Critical Great Knight Stalwart Stance
Axebreaker (Trickster), Spd +10 (Mortal Savant), Lifeforce (Mage), Aegis (Paladin)
Falcon Knight Flyswatter --- Free Slot
Falcon Knight Speed Catalyst --- Free Slot
Warlock Essence of Wind --- Free Slot
Notable Abilities
Damage Axebreaker
Continuing the trend, Petra doesn't have conventional damage options.
Critical Boost Critical
This is good along with her Dex and Hunter's Boon.
Spd Speed Catalyst, Spd +10
She has naturally high Spd and these work well with it.
CA/Spell Lifeforce
Nice option to have to supplement her damage but her CA usage tends to be more about utility.
Awakening Flyswatter
This along with Hunter's Boon and her Spd sets her up to be a powerful Awakening user.
Special Speed Catalyst, Flyswatter
She builds Specials pretty steadily.
Elemental Essence of Wind, Fiendish Blow
Petra has access to some excellent Wind CA/Spells and can deal great Windtorn damage with Fiendish Blow.
Defensive Stalwart Stance, Aegis, Res +10
Stalwart Stance in combination with Aegis gives her some very solid defensive coverage.
Other Appraisal, Despoil, Renewal
Utility
Adjutant One Heart One Mind, Warrior Assist
Petra is an average adjutant mostly due to Hunter's Boon
Sword Astra, Finesse Blade, Windsweep
Lance Lance Jab, Stormblade, Thunder Rush, Lightstrike
Axe War Strike, Smash, Shredder
Bow Precision Volley, Drill Arrow, Thunderbolt, Tornado Shot
Spells Dark Spikes Tau, Excalibur, Aura, Bolting, Meteor, Thoron
Weapon Attributes: Boost Critical, Boost Critical Rushes, Boost Awakenings, Speed Factor
Accessories: Lightning Speed Ring, Critical Ring, Fetters of Dromi
Classes: Trickster > Falcon Knight > Bow Knight/Wyvern Lord
Adjutants: Scarlet Blaze: Edelgard Azure Gleam: Annette Golden Wildfire: Hilda  
Edited by Archeleon