If FE6 had Fates reclassing

38 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Manakete Sophia or we riot.

I would actually say that's not a proper idea.

Binding Blade seems to imply that Arcadia just... does not have dragons left. Or at least, dragons capable of transforming. The Elder refers to Fae as the "only real Dragon" they have anymore.

じゃが 遠い遠い昔の話
今はもうただの おいぼれじゃよ
"But that was a long, long time ago.
Now I'm just an old man."

そうじゃな 今 この里で純粋に
『竜』といえるのは このファだけじゃな.
"Right now, the only one in this village who can truly be called a "dragon" is Fa."

Like, it wouldn't be too big of a retcon to make Sophia able to transform in order to have her reclass... but as it stands, she's definitely not able to with current canon.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I would actually say that's not a proper idea.

Binding Blade seems to imply that Arcadia just... does not have dragons left. Or at least, dragons capable of transforming. The Elder refers to Fae as the "only real Dragon" they have anymore.

じゃが 遠い遠い昔の話
今はもうただの おいぼれじゃよ
"But that was a long, long time ago.
Now I'm just an old man."

そうじゃな 今 この里で純粋に
『竜』といえるのは このファだけじゃな.
"Right now, the only one in this village who can truly be called a "dragon" is Fa."

Like, it wouldn't be too big of a retcon to make Sophia able to transform in order to have her reclass... but as it stands, she's definitely not able to with current canon.

Blazing Blade already messed with that establish canon by making Nils and Ninian dragons.

33 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Blazing Blade already messed with that establish canon by making Nils and Ninian dragons.

Ninian and Nils were born before the Endless Winter and left through the Dragon's Gate before it happened, while Sophia was born after and has always lived in Elibe. There's no messing up of canon, as both cases are very much different.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

50 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ninian and Nils were born before the Endless Winter and left through the Dragon's Gate before it happened, while Sophia was born after and has always lived in Elibe. There's no messing up of canon, as both cases are very much different.

Not sure whether would make a difference. They're both half dragons. Unless you suggest the ending winter mutated Dragon DNA in addition to the atmosphere itself. That all being said, I don't actually want a manakete Sophia, it was more of a joke (hence the we riot, I equally don't want an actual riot). I said it because it's a silly idea that people nevertheless exists in the subconscious implications (people also want Dragon Roy for Ninian reasons). Though it would also be hilarious for such a bad character as Sophia to get such a powerful alternate class (though I guess some people would say they'd prefer dark mage Sophia for 1-2 range >.> ).

15 hours ago, Jotari said:

Not sure whether would make a difference. They're both half dragons. Unless you suggest the ending winter mutated Dragon DNA in addition to the atmosphere itself. That all being said, I don't actually want a manakete Sophia, it was more of a joke (hence the we riot, I equally don't want an actual riot). I said it because it's a silly idea that people nevertheless exists in the subconscious implications (people also want Dragon Roy for Ninian reasons). Though it would also be hilarious for such a bad character as Sophia to get such a powerful alternate class (though I guess some people would say they'd prefer dark mage Sophia for 1-2 range >.> ).

The game does imply this, yes. Hence why even the Arcadia Elder denies being a dragon anymore. Just "an old man". Dragons had to adapt to the changing conditions. Ninian and Nils never did, since they left the world before the Endless Winter happened. That's a difference, and a big one. As it is, one implication is that half-dragons can't transform anymore. Fae, meanwhile, is a pure dragon born after the Endless Winter, from parents who adapted. Hence why she can still transform, while the Elder could not anymore. Or it's because she's a Divine Dragon, who have always been portrayed as special even among dragons throughout the series.

---

Anyway, to contribute to the thread itself... though I can't say I can think on giving everyone two classes right now, so I'll just give what's on the top of my head. Also, how exactly are we working in? Just taking Binding Blade by itself, or we can allow some retroactive Blazing Blade recognition here? 

Roy - Cavalier, in reference to his father.

Wolt - If this is with acknowledgement of Blazing Blade, then Cavalier since he can potentially have Sain or Lowen as his father.

Rutger - Dragon Knight, to represent the other half of his heritage.

Cecilia - Paladin. Canonically she can use swords since she taught Roy on the subject. If Binding Blade had hybrid classes, she would certainly had been a Mage Knight instead (not the Sacred Stones kind that was still locked to magic and staves).

Elffin - Mage. His reinvigorating barding has to be the work of magic, as it were.

Larum - Thief. I thought myrmidon at first for the same reason Olivia can. She's already nimble due to being a dancer, so why not the speedy but fragile attacker class to match? But myrmidon is a bit too tied to Sacae, to the poikt Lloyd is an anomaly. So might as well thief. It'd fit more as being part of the Western Isles resistance anyway.

Clarine - Archer, because Louise.

Klein - Sage, because Pent.

Lilina - Troubadour. This is mostly so at promotion she can match her teacher, admittedly. Could always be justified that she also took staff lessons in addition to tomes.

Sue - Myrmidon, because Sacae.

Sin - As above.

Dayan - Ditto.

In addition, at least one of the three would have Shaman/Druid as their second reclass. Myrmidon is obvious, but looking over, it seems Sacae also has a fair number of Shaman/Druids. Or at least, the Djute Clan does. But it wouldn't be out of the question other clans could also have some.

Can't say I can think of more at the moment. You might ask, "Why are you justifying the class choices?" Well, Awakening did, to an extent. Like how Cherche reveals she was studying to be a healer before she met Minerva, hence why she has both Cleric and Troubadour as her choices. Or Ricken wanting to be like Chrom, and thus has the same reclass choices that Chrom does. Etc. Though I guess this is meant to be Fates reclassing which is... Oh well...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The game does imply this, yes. Hence why even the Arcadia Elder denies being a dragon anymore. Just "an old man". Dragons had to adapt to the changing conditions. Ninian and Nils never did, since they left the world before the Endless Winter happened. That's a difference, and a big one. As it is, one implication is that half-dragons can't transform anymore. Fae, meanwhile, is a pure dragon born after the Endless Winter, from parents who adapted. Hence why she can still transform, while the Elder could not anymore. Or it's because she's a Divine Dragon, who have always been portrayed as special even among dragons throughout the series.

It's the atmosphere that changed, not the dragons themselves. That's why Nils and Ninian have trouble when they first arrived. There's also Al from the Binding Blade manga that was made concurrently with the game who is half Dragon and (I believe) can transform.

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

It's the atmosphere that changed, not the dragons themselves. That's why Nils and Ninian have trouble when they first arrived. There's also Al from the Binding Blade manga that was made concurrently with the game who is half Dragon and (I believe) can transform.

But the Dragons were forced to change too, in order to adapt with the changed world. Yes, Nils and Ninian have trouble because they never adapted, and will never will, as they will die long before they can. Meanwhile, Sophia has no problem because she's a native to the new conditions of Elibe, same for Fae. And then for Fae, she's still young. Maybe she'll soon find trouble once she's an actual adult, maybe not. At this point, we don't know and perhaps we never might unless BB gets a sequel.

Al was also born before the Endless Winter, and unlike Ninian and Nils, he actually lived through it, though as a baby. He, alongside his mother, were sealed up by Hartmut, like Idunn was. He got unsealed a thousand years later, still a baby most likely, and grew up normally. As it is, his situation is also very different from N&N and even Sophia. He was a baby when the Endless Winter happened, then slowly grew up still in Elibe after a thousand years sealed up. It's possible that, because he was still a baby, his body had the time to acclimatize, a luxury Ninian and Nils didn't had because they kept growing up in a different world, thus furthering alienating themselves to Elibe's conditions.

I'd say, we should move this to its own topic, we're derailing this one.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But the Dragons were forced to change too, in order to adapt with the changed world. Yes, Nils and Ninian have trouble because they never adapted, and will never will, as they will die long before they can. Meanwhile, Sophia has no problem because she's a native to the new conditions of Elibe, same for Fae. And then for Fae, she's still young. Maybe she'll soon find trouble once she's an actual adult, maybe not. At this point, we don't know and perhaps we never might unless BB gets a sequel.

Al was also born before the Endless Winter, and unlike Ninian and Nils, he actually lived through it, though as a baby. He, alongside his mother, were sealed up by Hartmut, like Idunn was. He got unsealed a thousand years later, still a baby most likely, and grew up normally. As it is, his situation is also very different from N&N and even Sophia. He was a baby when the Endless Winter happened, then slowly grew up still in Elibe after a thousand years sealed up. It's possible that, because he was still a baby, his body had the time to acclimatize, a luxury Ninian and Nils didn't had because they kept growing up in a different world, thus furthering alienating themselves to Elibe's conditions.

I'd say, we should move this to its own topic, we're derailing this one.

I don't have much interest in perusing it in a different topic, as I think there's sufficient evidence with Al and the ice dragons to suggest that, while she can't in Elibe, she could under the right circumstances (for example if traveling to Nils and Ninian's world). The game never specifies that the dragons changed on any permanent fundamental level, and only ever blames it on the atmosphere (and even if Al is from the scouring, I'd expect he was still born after the ending winter unless one if his parents fucked an actual literal dragon rather someone in human form which Elibe dragons had never any reason to take before the ending winter).

14 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I don't have much interest in perusing it in a different topic, as I think there's sufficient evidence with Al and the ice dragons to suggest that, while she can't in Elibe, she could under the right circumstances (for example if traveling to Nils and Ninian's world). The game never specifies that the dragons changed on any permanent fundamental level, and only ever blames it on the atmosphere (and even if Al is from the scouring, I'd expect he was still born after the ending winter unless one if his parents fucked an actual literal dragon rather someone in human form which Elibe dragons had never any reason to take before the ending winter).

Well, you do you.

On the contrary, it's the other way around. Al, Ninian, and Nils' circumstances are so different from Sophia's to confirm why she cannot. It did. The whole "separate themselves from most of their energy", that's a big fundamental level. Their dragon forms now expended more energy than the new laws of nature allowed, so they had to assume a less energy-expending form, that of the human. Consider that it does mean they would be procreating without being able to pass down all their energy. And then if one parent isn't a dragon? That's a further drop. Which explains why Sophia has her oracle powers, but can't transform.

It boils down to how long it happened after the fact. Checking over, Al was already a young child (kindergarten age is my estimate) when his mother (who was the dragon) came clean to his father (who was actually Hartmut himself). The revelation is what made him seal them up, just like how he did with Idunn. Thing is, we don't know how long this is after the fact. Did they met before the Endless Winter? After? Was Al born before or after? Simply put, we don't know. There's also the fact that Al and his mother are Archdragons, which the manga states are very powerful, perhaps even above the Divines. So that muddles things up further.

Well, that we know of. Just because there was no life-or-dead reason to adopt the human form doesn't mean they would never do it.

Roy - Mage (Cecilia has been teaching him), but with a hilariously bad Magic stat (she says he sucked at it).

Shanna - Axe Fighter. To fit in with the bros.

Dorothy - Mercenary. Fits better with her bodyguard profession anyway.

Lilina - Pegasus Knight. She is Mage!Shiida, after all.

Cecilia - I'm going to assume that a hypothetical reclass BinBla would also have a proper Str/Mag split, which means that either Valkyries could be allowed to use swords or Cecilia could swap to a Mage Knight class that can. As alternative classes, I guess promoted Mercenary classes would be a decent fit, Hero and whatever an alternative promotion would be.

Igrene - Brigand --> Berserker+??? Because Hawkeye. Maybe Hero as the second Brigand promotion option?

Hugh - Monk. Assuming that there would be a unpromoted Light magic using class. To really piss off Niime.

Ogier could potentially have Knight, since he is a knight of Ostia, I suppose.

Rutger-> Nomad? He is Sacaen...

Elen-> Malig Knight, taking after Milady as a Wyvern knight! She's a healer, but...

Noah-> Merc/Hero. He already has a semi-specialization in swords...

Treck-> Great Knight? If they expanded the class pool in an FE6 remake, it'd be neat to see Treck have heavy cavalry explored as an option for him.

Saul-> Lawyer. Did you know that you have rights? St. Elimine says you do.

Wade-> Grappler, or some other kind of unarmed fighter; he has an obsession with strength, so maybe he could have a bunch of throwing-based skills in this class line.

Lot->Merchant? He does need money, after all.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, that we know of. Just because there was no life-or-dead reason to adopt the human form doesn't mean they would never do it.

Can't dismiss the possibility that dragons took on human form specifically to fuck humans, as Nergal happened to have kids with a Dragon too. Though given how batty that guy is I wouldn't put it past him to have straight up fucked a dragon.

20 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Can't dismiss the possibility that dragons took on human form specifically to fuck humans, as Nergal happened to have kids with a Dragon too. Though given how batty that guy is I wouldn't put it past him to have straight up fucked a dragon.

Dragussy got him actin' unwise.

I should note that, outside promotion materials or mangas or whatever other nonsense, half-dragons couldn't transform in Fire Emblem until FE7 screwed that up for it's crappy romantic B-plot.

19 hours ago, Rukathesoldier said:

I could see Lilina getting an axe class for the memes but more realistically she would get troubadour or armor knight or something like that. 

I support the memes. She already recruits multiple berserkers into your army, let her become one too.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Saul-> Lawyer. Did you know that you have rights? St. Elimine says you do.

Doctor of the Church. And so do I. I believe that until proven married, every woman in this country is available.

I've seen so many people bounce around the idea of making Saul a monk in remakes or romhacks that I almost feel he should get the reclass just for that, but I kind of like Troubadour for him. Even if there are know skills, he'll be a Gentilhomme in spirit.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

Hmm.... Interesting, but there a LOT of units in Binding Blade, so this could take a little bit. In fact there are enough that I am going to hide them in a spoiler box.

Spoiler

Roy - Bard, this is with the stipulation that Dance chains no longer work in this game. I think this fits his role as an excellent tactician far better than his normal class.

Marcus - General, I think this makes a lot of sense for the old general.

Allen - Mercenary, this is following a bit of a theme with Lance, where Allen can change to a dismounted sword user, and Lance to a dismounted lance user.

Lance -Soldier, I am assuming with this one that some changes are made to the Soldier class to make it an appropriate player unit class, as I like the idea of Lance class changing into a Lance based infantry

Wolt - Pirate, following in the footsteps of his uncle Dart.

Merlinus - Archer, I can only see this coward as an archer, plinking away at enemies from afar.

Ellen - Thief, she has already shown her ability to use thief like stealth and agility in her escaping Ruud's troops in her join chapter.

Diek - Fighter, it seems a fitting alternative, for what he was like in the fighting pits.

Wade - Mercenary, as he is a mercenary, and I think it fits his approach nicely.

Lot - Knight, his supports show him to be a cautious fellow, that I think fits the mentality of the knight class.

Thany - Cavalier, as that seems to be a bit of a trend for Illian mercenaries (as seen with the next lot of Illian mercs, in Zealot's crew)

Chad - Bandit, He is already a thief in his attempt to feed the now homeless orphaned children he grew up with, if he got a little more desperate he might fall all the way to bandit as well.

Lugh - Priest, I see him as someone that might follow in the priestly footsteps of the head of his orphanage.

Clarine - Archer, she admires her brother so much, that she would almost certainly take on his class.

Rutger - Wyvern Rider, while his base class follows his Sacaen heritage, this follows his Bernese heritage.

Dorothy - Nomad, I thought a bit about this one. One of her supports canonized her being unable to use healing magic, which was a natural fit for her religious demeanor, but I did notice she has a thing for mounted units, and even tries to learn from Shin in one of her supports, as an archer she particularly admires, so I think this is fitting.

Sue - Myrmidon, the other traditional class of the Sacaean people.

Asthol - Knight, While a spy at the start, in his heart he is a knight of Ostia.

Lilina - Knight, trying to follow up her fathers legacy.

Oujay - Knight, he does claim to be part of Ostia's Armored Knights...

Fir - Fighter, as a tribute to her father.

Geese - Transporter, as he wanted to return to being a merchant.

Klein - Mage, like his father before him.

Ray - Thief, when we find him he is already acting like a spy, and these games make clear spies are thieves...

Cath - Mercenary, she has a very mercenary personality to her theft, and her rightous thief routine fits the idea of hero nicely.

Miredy - Mage, I could see her following in the footsteps of the princess (whom is a Sage in the trial maps)

Sofiya - Mamkute, as I think she is the easiest unit to be able to class change to Mamkute's storywise.

Igrene - Berserker, like the last protector of Arcadia, her father Hawkeye

Dayan - Sword Master, again, the classic Sacaean alternative.

Juno - Paladin, All of her closest friends are either pegasus knight, or cavaliers, so her taking on that role seems most appropriate.

Yodel - Druid, as he almost followed in the footsteps of Niime

Karel - Berserker, as he was a murderous Berserker of a warrior in his youth.

Phew, that is enough for now, so I think I will take a bit of a break.  Although I still have quite a few to go through. Sometime later on I will either update this list, or make a new post to update it, depending on how SF is feeling about edits.

Spoiler

Bors -

Saul -

Zealot -

Treck -

Noah -

Wendy -

Barth -

Shin -

Gonzales -

Tate -

Lalum -

Echidna -

Elphin -

Bartre -

Percival -

Cecilia -

Garret -

Fa

Hugh -

Zeiss -

Douglas -

Niime -

On 8/13/2022 at 11:17 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

Can't say I can think of more at the moment. You might ask, "Why are you justifying the class choices?" Well, Awakening did, to an extent. Like how Cherche reveals she was studying to be a healer before she met Minerva, hence why she has both Cleric and Troubadour as her choices. Or Ricken wanting to be like Chrom, and thus has the same reclass choices that Chrom does. Etc. Though I guess this is meant to be Fates reclassing which is... Oh well...

There are some clear explanations to point to for quite a few of the class change options in there as well, like Elise following in the footstep of the big sister she admire with her reclass option, Effie admiring Elise so much she has her main class as the reclass option (despite it being kinda awful class for her), Selena's admiration for her mother giving her Sky Knight, Odin having Samurai to most closely match his class as Owain, etc. I know I mostly did Conquest characters here, but I just know them better...