Feh Channel - Choose Your Legends 2022

Fire Emblem Fan

Pretty standard information, not anything we wouldn't expect. The movement types, colors and weapons for each CYL unit is revealed, we see the next GHB (it's not a Tellius character this year), and the number of Dragonflowers for each unit is increased by 5.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Literally all they had to do was make Seliph ANYTHING BUT RED. The dude doesn't have enough alts to justify every single alt of his being red. Come the fuck on, IS. Unlike Roy and Lucina and many other FE lords, Seliph has a known and predetermined mother. She exists. It's not like he's old enough to remember EITHER parent. Why couldn't Seliph have just taken after Deirdre and wielded magic, just this once?

Adult Tiki wearing Young Tiki's outfit just feels like a mean-spirited joke from the devs.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Literally all they had to do was make Seliph ANYTHING BUT RED. The dude doesn't have enough alts to justify every single alt of his being red. Come the fuck on, IS. Unlike Roy and Lucina and many other FE lords, Seliph has a known and predetermined mother. She exists. It's not like he's old enough to remember EITHER parent. Why couldn't Seliph have just taken after Deirdre and wielded magic, just this once?

Adult Tiki wearing Young Tiki's outfit just feels like a mean-spirited joke from the devs.

tbf I think the three houses lords kind of showed they love keeping characters in the same color for CYL. Even though it gets so samey each time they do it and I want them to stop doing it.

Other than Chrom, the outfit department was pretty underwhelming. But damn, they seem pretty bustah. I think brave divine dragon waifu surpassed brave Ike in every aspect 

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah, I kinda wish there had been more Deirdre influence for Seliph. I don't see why he couldn't have had a staff or something, give Byleth a red tome. Since they like giving the CYL units outfits based on family members so much, I also wish Tiki's outfit had been based on Bantu. I know they aren't actually related, but he's basically the closest thing to a father we see in the games, right?

I'm not trying to complain too much about this, because I do think they all look like good units and it's an overall fine Feh Channel, but my one last complaint is the choice of GHB character. The GHB isn't what's going to make any money, it's literally a free unit, so c'mon, throw Tellius another bone or throw a bone to Thracia since they still have so many characters missing. Three Houses didn't need the character slot. But, I suppose he was gonna come the game sooner rather than later anyway, right?

Not a bad feh channel. Colors and outfits were relatively expected since the winners were revealed, I’d say.

I do like both Byleth’s and Chrom’s. They were predictable, but they look nice.

Poor Seliph and Tiki weren’t lucky enough. Of course Seliph had to be the red unit of the banner, and of course he had to wield a sword instead of a tome. Easily, Tiki could have a Naga inspired outfit, and even if they wanted to keep the Archanea theme, a Marth inspired one was also an option.

Still, I’m gonna pull for the four anyways lol.

I'm just glad floating Female Byleth is canon to FEH, and she gets to be reunited with her father, yay! And even more Dragonflowers for my Stahl, Brave Lucina, Flying Nino, and, Brave Hector

P.S. RNGods, Please give me Brave Marth/Eirika and three of these new units right away, so I don't have to agonize over the free summons for a whole other year.

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Why Byleth has green hair?! Normal Byleth received more votes, not the Enlightened One. She should have blue hair instead!

Anyway, overall very strong units.

And looks like I got a new merge project in the GHB unit.

Oh, and for this. It's something I didn't realize till recently, but Sothis Regalia actually uses a different hair color than default and enlightened. That way they don't have to choose. 

After the reception to Marianne and Gatekeeper was not exactly positive, it looks like they decided to just make everyone a combat unit.

I was hoping for Byleth to be wearing Jeralt's uniform, but I guess since they put Jeralt himself here it would be weird to have two people in the same outfit. She kind of looks like what brave Marianne would have been if the latter hadn't bothered with trying to play support and instead went full offense. Also, her combat pose references the scene where she merges with Sothis.

Seliph looks like Sigurd.

Ya know, I'm not that mad myself about Tiki's outfit, but I can see why people are. She got voted because fans were tired of IS seeming to just ignore adult Tiki in favor of young Tiki, yet they basically just made her young Tiki anyway. Even her map sprite basically looks like young Tiki.

Chrom is Legendary/Duo all over again, but on a horse.

Pros: No sword infantry in this batch.

Cons: It's all pretty perfunctory, except Byleth who instead looks like a clown.

___

In order of appearance:

Byleth: As noted above, looks like a clown. Being a Grey mage is good of course on account of the class' rarity, though diminished slightly by some of my recent acquisitions. I'm sure she's a fantastic nuke but the counter gimmick aside, I imagine most mages released over the coming year will be similarly destructive nukes.

Seliph: Y'know, if you asked me just based on the characters who I'd most likely be interested in, Seliph would be dead last, and by a long way. He's a nobody to me, and I've never liked his look. But in the context of what we know now, I have to admit he's actually the one character here that probably most fits my playstyle. Really hard to argue against four movement plus canto. And actually, I reckon he looks pretty good as well, arguably the best drawn unit of this batch.

Tiki: Just seeing her art without context and I'd be hard pressed to see how it's a special version at all. Yes I acknowledge the complaints about it just being Young Tiki yet again, but to my eyes it's just any Tiki in a plain pink-red dress again. In terms of skills, uh, my eyes glazed over at all the text and I simply assume she's a powerful brawler and is probably designed for the DC seal. Before the reveal I thought she'd be my most likely pick, but I'm wavering now. Melee infantry is just something I struggle with these days - in player phase the lack of reach bothers me, and in enemy phase I don't have a good grasp of what a good fight looks like.

Chrom: I don't like how his face looks. Seems like he's packed on a few pounds. It's good to be the Exalt I guess? In terms of his kit, I guess it's a pretty obvious Galeforce setup. Nothing to write home about, but it's up my alley. What isn't up my alley though is how the tactics skill discourages a Horse Emblem team.

_________

Typing all those thoughts out hasn't really helped me make a decision, as I originally hoped it might. I'm sitting on just under 200 orbs right now, so one spark plus the freebie, but I don't know if I should even bother given that this is my last week in-game for a long while. With that in mind there's probably a strong argument to just save the freebie, use the tickets and 75 orbs for five full rounds and take whatever the game gives me. If/when I play again there'll be plenty opportunity to pick up copies of whoever ages best.

On the other hand, I'm sitting on two Celestial Stones, and if I don't get a third, I'll miss out on redeeming the Forma Soul from this cycle. Urgh.

I audibly sighed when I saw CYL A!Tiki. She's still my definite choice for the freebie, but I'll only truly be okay with this if this means IS is booting Y!Tiki from the CYL ballot too.

Stat lines and skills for the CYL6 units + Jeralt:

Spoiler

F!Byleth [Colorless Tome Flying]
39/41/43/26/24/173
Inner Wellspring, -, Divine Pulse, Atk/Spd Catch 4, Spd Preempt 3, Spd/Res Hold

Seliph [Sword Cavalry]
40/43/41/37/18/179
Holytide Tyrfing, -, Luna, Atk/Spd Clash 4, Lull Spd/Def 3, Heir to Light

A!Tiki [Green Breath Infantry]
40/43/27/37/41/188
Remote Breath, -, Glimmer, Atk/Res Finish 4, New Divinity, Def/Res Menace

Chrom [Lance Cavalry]
41/42/42/37/17/179
Geirdriful, A Fate Changed!, -, Surge Sparrow, S/D Near Trace 3, Inf. Spd Tactic

Jeralt [Lance Cavalry]
41/43/26/39/30/179
Breaker Lance, -, Dragon Fang, Atk/Def Catch 3, -, Distant Guard 3
*There's no way his Prf isn't giving him +3 Atk. Otherwise, he'd have 46 Atk and a 182 BST.

But that aside, I kinda chuckled at Shamir being the third other character on the map when they were showing Jeralt. She's clearly there as a stand-in for the still absent from FEH Alois.

11 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Oh, and for this. It's something I didn't realize till recently, but Sothis Regalia actually uses a different hair color than default and enlightened. That way they don't have to choose. 

Then Brave Lysithea should have Red and White dress, instead of the Purple and Black dress she got... Since Red and White are her Gremory colors in Three Houses.

They could easily make Sothis Regalia with Blue hair. Or else, why give us the option to pick between 2 Byleth options?  

Edited by Diovani Bressan

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Then Brave Lysithea should have Red and White dress, instead of the Purple and Black dress she got... Since Red and White are her Gremory colors in Three Houses.

They could easily make Sothis Regalia with Blue hair. Or else, why give us the option to pick between 2 Byleth options?  

Lysithea's was based on a Cipher card. 

Oh whoops, I just assumed Byleth was infantry and figured I got my Ascended Celica in that role. This changes the calculus again.

P.S. CYL4 takes the trophy of most boring CYL in every single department.

Edited by Humanoid

Art commentary first: 

F!Byleth looks...off. Her hair isn't either her normal one which is slightly more blue-ish nor is it full mint-green like her post-TS version. It's just F!Byleth with Sothis hair color. Outside of that it looks fine to me, although I'm not too keen on her having her eyes closed for her special art. 

Seliph is boring. Just his father's outfit, although his face reminds me of L!Eliwood for whaterver reason (I know it's becasue Wada, but this is the first time Wada's art make me think same face). This one's on par with CYL4. 

Adult Tiki using her younger counterpart's clothes is something I kind of expected, and it's sort of fun seeing some folks having a meltdown over it. I like her art the most out of this CYL batch. 

B!Chrom looks kind of funny. I've seen people mention he looks chubbier, but what strikes me the most is that his hair looks a lot darker here than in his other alts. Outfit is just Great Lord so meh. 

Gameplay commentary: 

IS trying to fill the colorless tome pool with all the recent releases it seems. Now F!Byleth is a colorless mage flier. Her Prf is very similar to A!Mareeta's in that it grants Time's Pulse and special CD-1 after combat with the usual spectrum+5, the difference is that Inner Wellspring also gives spd based NFU to Byleth at the start of the turn if she's close to an ally. Divine Pulse is pretty strong, spd based damage, almost Fallen Star and spd based true dmg on next hit. Sadly it doesn't pierce dmg reduction so it can be mitigated. Spd Preempt is meh, the best Vantage users nowadays are users of dual phase brave weapons like V!Palla or W!Altina, and those are very slow. Ranged fliers have like no options besides Far Traces, so at least this is an alternative. 

B!Seliph is a pretty nifty sword cav, and because he's not slow like L!Sigurd he'll have an easier time avoiding Stall. Holytide Tyrfing gives him Canto 2, Slaying, Spectrum+5, Miracle and a Luna-like true dmg based on how much Seliph or his foe moved with a max of 40%. Not too shabby, and the Luna effect can be pretty devasting as B!Eirika showed this last year. Heir of Light is nice, +6 Atk/Spd, Spd based NFU and +1 mov to let Seliph get the 40% true dmg from his prf if he uses all his mov. I'll say that the mov based true dmg is a bit inconsistent and that'll end up making Seliph's damage worse than what's shown in the trailer, and having no way of piercing dmg reduction puts him a little behing L!Nanna in terms of sword cavs, but he's still excellent. 

A!Tiki is now a green dragon, not a great color to have in a sea of Duo Chrom. Luckily she's infantry rather than an armor so she won't care about his armor effectiveness. Her Prf gives Slaying, Spectrum+5, guaranteed follow-up, a -1 CD in-combat if she can trigger her special during that combat (this is worded a bit weird, but I'd guess it works like Y!Ike's prf), if she has 5 more Res than her foe she disables that foe's special, which would screw with Duo Chrom's Deadeye and Yuri's Lethality, and finally the usual adaptive damage against ranged threats. New Divinity is another upgrade to Dragon Wall, with it now giving a -5 Atk/Res debuff and follow-up denial. Brave Tiki's main issue from what I can see is that she'll need Time's Pulse to use a special better than Glimmer/Moonbow/Noontime and that's only going to work for 1 combat. I guess she could run a Special Spiral build with Luna, but sacrificing her exclusive B-skill doesn't sit right with me. Then there's the deal of being forced to give her DC-D to let her deal with ranged units, which means losing stats. Non Save tanks aren't all that great right now, and B!Tiki is still food for L!Nanna (tbf anything that isn't a max investment B!Hector/A!Idunn is Nanna fodder) and most likely Still Water variants of L!Lilina. Still going to get her just for the art, it's not like I need a new gameplay pick. 

B!Chrom chooses to be a lance cav, which puts her in direct competition with B!Eirika. Let's see how he fares. He has Slaying, armor effectiveness, a Spectrum effect that scales based on Chrom's buffs and debuffs (min +5), 40% dmg reduction on first hit which is 10% higher than Eirika's and accelerated specials if he has any kind of bonus active. A Fate Changed! has the usual Repositon+extra action the other Chroms have, but this one copies the buffs of the ally he Repositioned. That's kinda nuts as he can take spd based NFU effects, Fallen Star, mov+1 and many other positive effects. On the players hands it'll lead to very silly things, for the AI it'll depend on how one sets up their AR-D team, but I think it'll probably end up not being very reliable. As for the B!Eirika comparison, he's 100% better as a Galeforcer and his stat spread means he'll have a better time taking a hit to setup as a WoM beacon. Eirika still crushes him when it comes to nuking, though. 

Am I the only one who likes Tiki getting her younger version's outfit? I think it's cute.

Other than that, I have no strong feelings either way for any of the other outfits. They look okay.

Byleth is going to be an annoying wall breaker to deal with. 75% damage reduction on the opponent's first attack and an extra 13~15 damage on her second attack is kind of stupid. Far Save tanks are already bad enough as it is against the current ranged wall breakers. I feel like Valentine Lucina is probably going to end up also being the best Far Save tank on top of already being the best Near Save tank unless they release something better in the near future. Preempt is a new Vantage skill that uses a Spd comparison instead of being based on the user's HP and only works against ranged opponents. I'm not sure how much use it will actually see since it seems really niche.

Seliph is fast Legendary Sigurd. Clash looks pretty fun for teleporting units, but otherwise, it doesn't stand out that much against Ideal and Catch.

Tiki is a slow, bulky dragon that can block Pulse shenanigans. It looks like she should directly counter Byleth. Finish looks like the new defensively oriented A skill for bulky units to run, and it's actually pretty good. If it can be inherited by armors, you can bet Fallen Edelgard is going to be running it for even more passive healing.

Chrom is a ball of stats. He's basically an updated Brave Eirika, but has a worse Canto effect (since it's just Trace) in exchange for an utterly busted version of Reposition. He's also the first unit in the standard summoning pool with S/D Near Trace, which is notable. The new Tactic upgrade is interesting, but still has the same pitfalls as all other Tactic skills.

I think I'll just pull for Tiki with priority to Byleth > Chrom > Seliph if there are no green orbs, though I might start skipping Byleth if I get more than just a couple copies of her.

Well, IS just never fails to disappoint on how disappointing it can be. The theme they always go for of family/friends whatever I think is killing this whole thing. There is nothing to look forward to in terms of visiual design if all they will ever do is try to find the closest, safest, most boring alternative to go with. Like, I have never cared about him but poor Seliph; he got trashed so hard, literally clip his head off his base art and paste it on top of Sigurd's body. And Tiki....that was just low, dirty, and spiteful. The fans dared to pick the adult version, which i'm beginning to imagine IS regrets even creating in the first place and is trying to forget it exists, and they do go try their hardest to slap their preferred Y!Tiki version on it. JK, of course; just like with sigurd, it feels like they just copy pasted adult tiki's face on top of young tiki's body/design, probably took less than 10 seconds to do, so not very hard. I feel the whole text message conversation they must have had to decide what the designs the winners would get probably ended within five minutes.

Anyways, negativity aside, all in all I think most of them got off pretty well when looking in at them in a vacuum, save for Seliph; nobody can help that boy. Tiki is going to be my free pick and to be fair it's not a horrible design. Dragon priestess design. Plain, nondescript. Perhaps "realistically" accurate if you think about how such a roll may mean the priestess would dress simply. It doesn't feel "brave" at all, but then again what does brave even mean?

Chrom feels very knightly and that's fine.

Seliph looks fine, in as much as Sigurd looks fine. I hope this alt for him is at least a good one, for the Seliph fans.

Byleth was the one i was least interested in and yet i think she's the one that has been the most interesting to me. I know nothing of Three Houses and never will, so that allows me to appreciate her design differently from those who are familiar with the games, but i find her "dancer"-style design surprisingly good.. I'll spark for her, assuming i manage to find the orbs.

Edited by Sil/phire

Wow, where I live it's 4 A.M. I decided to stay awake until 4 A.M just for this trailer... Yeah, it wasn't bad, at all, but I'm gonna admit that I'm kinda salty over this.

It it's probably my fault since I read way too many reddit threads about unit concepts for these characters while waiting for the trailer on the past few days so my hopes were way higher than they should be

First of all, Byleth. Eh, I'm gonna admit that regardless of what most people are saying I absolutely loved her design, a LOT, specially the special art, and I really liked that she's using Sothis regalia (I had the impression that they didn't give her a Jeralt inspired outfit because these are the plans for M!Byleth if he wins in one of the next few years and that IS doesn't want both B!Byleths to be too similar so they had to choose Sothis for one and Jeralt for the other). Also she's a colorless tome and I'm the absolute sucker for colorless tomes, and the combination of her special + Spd Preempt sound pretty fun to use. It just bugs me, as people already pointed out, that who had more votes was academy phase Byleth and yet they went with the post time skip version, but alas I don't care enough about pre timeskip Byleth to get salty over this, specially since I really liked how she ended up.

Bro, I was disappointed when I first saw Seliph to be honest, but thats mainly because Reddit made me actually belive that we could ever get a magic wielding Seliph between some other cool concepts, I mean of course that it was gonna be a Sigurd inspired outfit. But yeah, even if this one was obvious, I really liked the other concepts so I'm still kinda mourning over it. In any case he still looks like a pretty good unit overall. I'm still not sure about how I feel about him being a sword cav again specially since he has the same gimmick as L!Sigurd (being able to move 4 spaces) that is also a sword cav (except that his +1 mov has more restrictions... Well but it's fair I guess since he will probably never be affected by stall). Ok, now this is gonna sound really petty but I'm kinda pissed that Seliph doesn't have his hair down, it was such a great opportunity to do this, I really REALLY hope that he has it on his damaged art art at least (Oh boy, I remember my excitement when I saw that B!Marianne had her hair down on the damaged art, last year). Anyway, on a more serious note, he looks like a really good unit and differs a lot from L!Sigurd even being a sword cav that can move 4 spaces like him so even if sword cav is repetitive for Seliph, in the end it isn't really a problem because of L!Sigurd.

Now, they messed up B!Tiki big time. Really, they did her so dirty. When I saw that she had a "nostalgic attire inspired on young Tiki" I almost laughed (not because it was funny, it's because I couldn't belive that they did that), it was such a bad decision... I mean, they must have made this on purpouse it's the only way, like a huge "Fuck you, it's always gonna be young Tiki whether you like it or not" , she could have had a Marth inspired outfit (even if it wasn't with Falchion, she could have been a green dragon as it is, whatever), could have had a Naga inspired outfit (would've been sick), or a Bantu inspired outfit (Tiki with bantu's cloak would have been hella badass), but no. It looks cute on her yeah but c'mon. About the unit per see though, like lots of you, I'm very disappointed about her not getting a new inheritable dragon restricted special (or at least a new inheritable special that can be used by dragons), her weapon is pretty neat though I really liked the effect, also Atk/Res Finish 4 and her prf skill are cool (I really liked that New Divinity is a dodge based on Res), but it doesn't cancel out the disappoint about the screw up with the outfit and special, I hope that someone at IS will be fired for this because there's no way that it wasn't on purpouse.

About Chrom, I think that they really could've not inspired his outfit on Brave Lucina's (I mean, because it was inspired on himself! At least as far as I know, am I missing something here??) and also it resembles his exalted alt's outfit a lot but eh... whatever, I'm just kinda sad because I wanted to see Chrom using Robin's cloak but i don't really mind it, at least it wasn't staff Chrom based on Emmeryn (I really dislike this idea) so it's fine, also I reallyy like that he has the binding shield here. And it was pretty funny that his prf assist's name is "A fate changed!" (you know, because his previous one was to "To change fate!"...), and it's really nice that he is a cav, because of his assist. Also, Inf.Spd tactic is gonna be a pretty nice skill to have. Ok, but seriously, it hadn't cross my mind when I first read A fate changed!'s description but now I just read @Alexmender's post here and realized how BROKEN this thing is: 

That's kinda nuts as he can take spd based NFU effects, Fallen Star, mov+1 and many other positive effects.

I still don't know who I'm going for, the ones I liked the most are Byleth and Seliph but Tiki really seems like a pretty solid unit too (even if I think that they screwed up a lot with the design and the special, there's really no denying that she seems pretty good, I really liker her weapon and prf skill) and also the only green dragon I have is F!Kana anyway and I almost don't even use her so Tiki would really be of use.

Well, CYL units aside, YAY THEY'RE GONAA EXTEND THE DRAGONFLOWERS CAP AND GIVE US 1000 DG OF EACH COLOR!!! I'm so happy!

Edited by ARMADS!!!