Is it possible for dogs to catch a cold?

Flawed Nobody

Cause my dog is showing all the symptoms of a cold but I cant help but worry. Hes my little baby

He coughs, sneezes EVERYWHERE, and has a runny sniffley nose.

But hes been like this for maybe a month or so....

So should I take him to the vet or will it pass like a normal cold?

No, dogs do not get colds. I don't really know about cats though. I do know that allergens can trigger cold-like symptoms. You should take your baby to your doctor!

Ok, I did some research and Jyosua is right. Dogs do catch colds, but they're only dog colds. Humans can't spread it to dogs and dogs can't spread it to humans. I had that fact in mind when I said dogs can't catch colds.

Ok, I did some research and Jyosua is right. Dogs do catch colds, but they're only dog colds. Humans can't spread it to dogs and dogs can't spread it to humans. I had that fact in mind when I said dogs can't catch colds.

Exactly. That's why I never said they could give it to a human. XD

• 3 weeks later...
our dog eats poo ._.

LOL

My dog will chew and eat many things, the latest victims are the batteries from the TV remote. I think he got a bad aftertaste, he wouldn't touch it again after he'd pierced the metal casing. Learnt the hard way that batteries are bad to chew.

He's chewed my comb too...now I'm having trouble even finding a new one to buy. The local Tesco doesn't sell them so who the hell would?

*Runs to eBay*

Heehee.

My oldest doggie, Max, has taken to chewing himself...he's almost nine, which is old for a big dog like him. :( He's got lots of little aches and pains, it's sad.

But my schnauzer is just as adorable as can be. :D She likes to chew anything soft and fuzzy she can get her teeth into. She loves to hide socks, which is why everyone in my house wears mis-match pairs of socks all the time.

our dog eats poo ._.

yeah mine gets into my cats litter box like its her snack pile. its fuckin gross. i almost barfed the first time she did it