Fe3H for harry potter fans

Race64

Hey I am having trouble trying to explain Fe3H to my friends who have 0 knowledge on video games. Please help. I know they are in to Harry Potter of you could try explaining/connecting it to that.

Garreg Mach = Hogwarts. A school in the mountains where the well-connected send their children to hone their powers.

Crests give people magical powers through their blood. Much like how, in Harry Potter, magical prowess is (largely) hereditary.

Hubert is basically Snape. Especially after the timeskip.

54 minutes ago, Race64 said:

Kind of but I am trying to explain the whole story of Fe3H 

Only thing that's comparable is how the Death Eaters are kind of analogous to the Agarathians. Other than that, there isn't an lot of similarities between the two franchises.

Outside of, you know, FE is basically Wizarding Chess with less restrictive movement.

Edited by Armchair General

Maybe try explain to them "it's like Harry Potter, but the students get trained to be Medieval Fantasy Soldiers and they fight in a war."? Also, maybe show some gameplay footages like classrooms & what students fight in battles? They really should try out Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

Edited by King Marth 64

1 hour ago, Race64 said:

I think fe3h has a lot in common with Harry Potter because well frist off they both have a school with houses.

I think that this is where most of the  similarities ends, outside of the terrorist cell trying to kickstart an war between the classes. One's lineage in Fire Emblem isn't really as big as it is in Harry Potter (only if we count the number of times people who talk about the Crests and Hero's Relics). Both franchises has their own share of elitism, but that's mainly confined to certain FE characters and it's legitimate insult in Harry Potter.

14 hours ago, Race64 said:

Hey I am having trouble trying to explain Fe3H to my friends who have 0 knowledge on video games. Please help. I know they are in to Harry Potter of you could try explaining/connecting it to that.

I've had similar problems in the past. I have a friend who ADORES Harry Potter and other popular fantasy stuff (and has a Switch), but wouldn't really think about Three Houses. I tried to sell her on the magical school setting aspect of the game, as I would any other fan of HP. Sell her on that and the three houses and the mysteries/missions, and then let your friends discover the rest on their own. At least that's my approach. (I also didn't share anything about Three Hopes because I wanted her to enjoy Three Houses and desire more before giving her the good news. YMMV on whether or not that works for you.)

Game has more in common with Game of Thrones than Harry Potter. The Officers Academy's dynamic is vastly different than Hogwarts'. The school is also a part of a religious organization. While the three houses, some aesthetic, and Rhea's role in the first half are similar to HP, thats where that similarity ends. 

Agarthans are a like a weird amalgamation of the White Walkers/Others, and the Faceless Men with a dash of those spooky warlocks of Qarth. Edelgard is Daenerys Targaryen with the serial numbers filed off. (She even looks exactly like Dany!) Claude is similar to Jon Snow in ideology and being seen as an outsider. Dimitri is a Stark gone wrong, Count Glouscester is a watered down Tywin Lannister. Hell, Annette's time skip look looks like it was based on Sansa Stark! Not to mention that, outside of the Agarthans being Obviously Evil, everyone else can be seen in many different moral compass directions. Three Houses is basically GoT with the power of anime lol. 

On 9/9/2022 at 12:55 PM, Race64 said:

Sadly my friends don't have a switch and also would not be willing to buy the game.

Let me think of another way that this could give them your attention so that your friends get noticed for Three Houses. What about just take your Nintendo Switch system and your copy of Three Houses with you to one of your friends' houses and show them the game and maybe some clips of Three Houses so that they might understand and the similarities between Three Houses and Harry Potter?

Edited by King Marth 64

On 9/13/2022 at 8:56 PM, King Marth 64 said:

Let me think of another way that this could give them your attention so that your friends get noticed for Three Houses. What about just take your Nintendo Switch system and your copy of Three Houses with you to one of your friends' houses and show them the game and maybe some clips of Three Houses so that they might understand and the similarities between Three Houses and Harry Potter?

This a smart idea but I also don't own three houses.

3 hours ago, Race64 said:

This a smart idea but I also don't own three houses.

Wait wait wait, you don't have copy of a Three Houses cartilage (or Digital Download)? Then how can you get your friends to try out Three Houses?

Edited by King Marth 64

A dragon goddess descended upon the world and brought civilization to primitive humans. But humans sucked so they rebelled against her and then killed her. The ringleaders who killed her took her magic power, which is called crests. For humans, crests are hereditary and passed on to your children. They give you some special powers and stuff.

The goddess's daughter, named Rhea, took control of the world and founded a church. She couldn't take the crests back from those humans or their descendants, so she made them the new nobility and re-wrote history so that the crests were voluntarily given to them by the goddess. This myth legitimized their rule, as those with crests have a divine right to rule in the new order, and in exchange these nobles supported the church and helped give it power. Many technologies are banned and the world is permanently locked in a Medieval state, just like Harry Potter is set in the 1990s but the Wizarding World looks it's stuck in the 1800s. People with crests are thought to be superior to people without, just like "wizards" look down on "muggles".

1000 years later, control of the world is divided between three feudal countries and the church, which controls a monastery castle school. The nobles receive their education at this school, which is called Garreg Mach. You are the main character, and you're a professor at this school. You lead your students, the future leadership of one of the countries, into various battles. Rhea, who has a normal human form most of the time, also lives at Garreg Mach. She's like Dumbledore and you are Snape except everybody likes you.

One of the students, the future empress of the world's strongest country, discovered the truth and secretly hates the church. She looks like a female Draco but isn't bratty. Midway through the story she starts a war and rebels against the church. She wants everyone to be equal, which makes her motivation like the opposite of Voldemort's. But to make this happen, she kills way more people than Voldemort did.

She is not the good guy or the bad guy. Rhea is not the good guy or the bad guy either. It all depends on whose perspective you're playing from (there are four possible routes to play through). Everyone has understandable reasons for what they're doing.

This is a world of knights and magic. And it's a video game where you do battles. At Garreg Mach it doubles as a social simulator and you have a daily life where you interact with people.

Edited by Hrothgar777

15 hours ago, Hrothgar777 said:

A dragon goddess descended upon the world and brought civilization to primitive humans. But humans sucked so they rebelled against her and then killed her. The ringleaders who killed her took her magic power, which is called crests. For humans, crests are hereditary and passed on to your children. They give you some special powers and stuff.

The goddess's daughter, named Rhea, took control of the world and founded a church. She couldn't take the crests back from those humans or their descendants, so she made them the new nobility and re-wrote history so that the crests were voluntarily given to them by the goddess. This myth legitimized their rule, as those with crests have a divine right to rule in the new order, and in exchange these nobles supported the church and helped give it power. Many technologies are banned and the world is permanently locked in a Medieval state, just like Harry Potter is set in the 1990s but the Wizarding World looks it's stuck in the 1800s. People with crests are thought to be superior to people without, just like "wizards" look down on "muggles".

1000 years later, control of the world is divided between three feudal countries and the church, which controls a monastery castle school. The nobles receive their education at this school, which is called Garreg Mach. You are the main character, and you're a professor at this school. You lead your students, the future leadership of one of the countries, into various battles. Rhea, who has a normal human form most of the time, also lives at Garreg Mach. She's like Dumbledore and you are Snape except everybody likes you.

One of the students, the future empress of the world's strongest country, discovered the truth and secretly hates the church. She looks like a female Draco but isn't bratty. Midway through the story she starts a war and rebels against the church. She wants everyone to be equal, which makes her motivation like the opposite of Voldemort's. But to make this happen, she kills way more people than Voldemort did.

She is not the good guy or the bad guy. Rhea is not the good guy or the bad guy either. It all depends on whose perspective you're playing from (there are four possible routes to play through). Everyone has understandable reasons for what they're doing.

This is a world of knights and magic. And it's a video game where you do battles. At Garreg Mach it doubles as a social simulator and you have a daily life where you interact with people.

This is really good.

20 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Wait wait wait, you don't have copy of a Three Houses cartilage (or Digital Download)? Then how can you get your friends to try out Three Houses?

Sadly I don't have a copy of Three Houses even though it is one of my favorite video games. The only time I have played a copy I was renting it from a public library.