How many movesets are there?

This is probably a dumb question, but all I can find is class lists and rough ideas from the games early ages. I'm trying to plan out my units and want to have one unit of each moveset (or two movesets for mounted). Does anyone know now what classes have which movesets?

Also, side question. What are the limitations on the dancer class in this game?

There are:

5 endgame sword movesets (and 1 additional left behind at intermediate tier).

5 endgame lance movesets, counting dismount (and 1 left behind at advanced tier.)

5 axe movesets, counting dismount.

3 bow movesets.

1 gauntlet moveset.

2 endgame tome movesets (and 2 left behind at advanced tier).

That counts for a total of 21 (+4).

23 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

There are:

5 endgame sword movesets (and 1 additional left behind at intermediate tier).

5 endgame lance movesets, counting dismount (and 1 left behind at advanced tier.)

5 axe movesets, counting dismount.

3 bow movesets.

1 gauntlet moveset.

2 endgame tome movesets (and 2 left behind at advanced tier).

That counts for a total of 21 (+4).

About the same as Warriors 1, which had 25 characters + 9 DLC, though even in that original 25 there were a few clones. Hyrule Warriors, by the end of all its DLC and rereleases, had over 40 movesets, which is pretty crazy, but in the original I think they were around the 25 mark (though Hyrule Warriors movesets do seem like they'd take more effort to make than Fire Emblem ones). So that seems standard enough in my limited experience. Still, I really wish they gave us at least a lance wyvern moveset so Seteth wasn't stuck in odd limbo with his weapon and class. A lord moveset for Dimitri, Edelgard and Claude would have been nice too. I even would have taken a clone of the Dancer Moveset for that (though, as I've noted before, Lord is in the game, just exclusive to unplayable Judith).

Five endgame sword movesets, that would be Trickster, Mortal Savant, Dancer and Flynn's prf class right? What's the fifth? Rhea's prf class? Isn't that pretty much just the Mortal Savant moveset? Likewise, 5 lance movesets, I'm guessing you have both Holy Knight and Dark Knight there, which are similarly almost identical. Course there are some differences in these movesets, but the line between what is and isn't a different moveset is kind of blurry. 

7 minutes ago, Jotari said:

About the same as Warriors 1, which had 25 characters + 9 DLC, though even in that original 25 there were a few clones. Hyrule Warriors, by the end of all its DLC and rereleases, had over 40 movesets, which is pretty crazy, but in the original I think they were around the 25 mark (though Hyrule Warriors movesets do seem like they'd take more effort to make than Fire Emblem ones). So that seems standard enough in my limited experience. Still, I really wish they gave us at least a lance wyvern moveset so Seteth wasn't stuck in odd limbo with his weapon and class. A lord moveset for Dimitri, Edelgard and Claude would have been nice too. I even would have taken a clone of the Dancer Moveset for that (though, as I've noted before, Lord is in the game, just exclusive to unplayable Judith).

Five endgame sword movesets, that would be Trickster, Mortal Savant, Dancer and Flynn's prf class right? What's the fifth? Rhea's prf class? Isn't that pretty much just the Mortal Savant moveset? Likewise, 5 lance movesets, I'm guessing you have both Holy Knight and Dark Knight there, which are similarly almost identical. Course there are some differences in these movesets, but the line between what is and isn't a different moveset is kind of blurry. 

25 is actually a lot for a spinoff Warriors game. Zelda, FE, and One Piece have a lot. Other spinoffs like Persona, Berserk, Arslan, etc. have less than 15. Berserk is by far the worst offender, keeping you in one moveset for over 90% of the campaign.

5 endgame sword movesets being Asura, Enlightened One, Trickster, Mortal Savant, and Dancer. Rhea's and Jeritza's "unique" classes are just clones with different growths and learned skills. And no, DK and HK are not "almost identical."

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

So if I'm following along right...

Spoiler
Swords 5+1
Asura
Dancer
Mortal savant
Trickster
Enlightened one

Mercenary

Lance 5+1
Great lord
Falcon knight
Dark knight
Holy knight

Paladin

Holy and dark are semiclones, and those two, pally, and falcon share a dismount.

Axe 5
Emperor
Wyver lord + dismount
Great knight + dismount

Bow 3
Wyvern master
Bow knight

Share a dismount

Gauntlet 1
War master

Tome 2+2
Gremory
Dark bishop

Bishop
Warlock

3 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

25 is actually a lot for a spinoff Warriors game. Zelda, FE, and One Piece have a lot. Other spinoffs like Persona, Berserk, Arslan, etc. have less than 15. Berserk is by far the worst offender, keeping you in one moveset for over 90% of the campaign.

5 endgame sword movesets being Asura, Enlightened One, Trickster, Mortal Savant, and Dancer. Rhea's and Jeritza's "unique" classes are just clones with different growths and learned skills. And no, DK and HK are not "almost identical."

Ah, Byleth was slipping my mind.

3 hours ago, SearchingForGryphons said:

So if I'm following along right...

Hide contents
Swords 5+1
Asura
Dancer
Mortal savant
Trickster
Enlightened one

Mercenary

Lance 5+1
Great lord
Falcon knight
Dark knight
Holy knight

Paladin

Holy and dark are semiclones, and those two, pally, and falcon share a dismount.

Axe 5
Emperor
Wyver lord + dismount
Great knight + dismount

Bow 3
Wyvern master
Bow knight

Share a dismount

Gauntlet 1
War master

Tome 2+2
Gremory
Dark bishop

Bishop
Warlock

For lances it's 

Lance 5+1
Great lord
Falcon knight
Dark knight/Holy Knight
Soldier/Dismounted Movesets

Paladin

EDIT: WHoops. Forgive the double post. Thought I'd been editing the previous comment.
Edited by Jotari