What characters do you want to see as Stands?

Fabulously Olivier

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The idea of Marth as a stand is just as funny as it was with Tokyo Mirage Sessions, but I'm here for it. Who do you want to see added to this system, what skills/weapon might they have, and what already-announced characters are you looking forward to engaging with?

ROY OUR BOI. Auto heal per turn, attack become 2Rng, equipping Binding Blade for Roy will give extra Def and Res just like in FE6.

its kinda mixed really, Alear + marth fusion looks straight from TMS what with weird wings. but Celine + Celica fusion just mean Celine wearing modified Celica outfit,  i actually prefer the latter for fusion.

................... as for other char

• Lilina. cant have roy without lilina but im afraid it could overlap with celica. (fire mage)
  • Joshua from FE8. i like his outfit coupled with curved sword. standard Swordmaster skills like astra maybe
  • Ephraim should be doable since its a lord. and hopefully has bonus for engaging with infrantry class with lance too
  • Python from echoes for the most sensible-looking archer in entire FE history. more range for archer, pin shot maybe (cant move effect)
  • Titania from Echoes for most OP healer.  double effectiveness of healing, unlock map-wide fortify.
  • Lyon for the villain, add necormancer skill, maybe can summon undead and heal them remotely

Do we know if there will be more than the 12 we've seen in the Mural art? Feels pretty insistent these are THE Heroes with their color coded hand symbols. I think the only other ones are going to be one-off villains. That Validar looking guy was slipping a Dark Ring on his finger, so that implies the antagonists will have their own. Maybe they'll have as many as one to oppose each of the Heroes? Uh oh, try asking any Fire Emblem fan who they think the villain of Three Houses was. That's a hornets nest I would not want to poke. 

I would like to see Eliwood and Hector. Gotta complete the trio. If the villains can summon past antagonists, I'd like to see Arvis because Sigurd is one of the heroes. I'd also like to see Lyon. I think the summoning gimmick will be really neat and I hope it's implemented well.

Edited by PrincessAlyson

implying there are more characters available as emblem rings compared to those shown in the mural, then i'd like to see some of the missing lords, mainly Alm and Seliph, but also non-lords such as Elincia, Soren, Sothe, Levin and so on

more realistically, the fact that they felt like "balancing the roster" by making Ike an axe unit, Lucina a Bow unit and Sigurd a Lance and Sword Cavalry unit makes me think that the 12 characters depicted in the mural will be the only ones we'll be able to get and use how is a mainline FE game doing a better job at representing the whole series than 2 FEW games anyway

Edited by Yexin

10 minutes ago, Yexin said:

more realistically, the fact that they felt like "balancing the roster" by making Ike an axe unit, Lucina a Bow unit and Sigurd a Lance and Sword Cavalry unit makes me think that the 12 characters depicted in the mural will be the only ones we'll be able to get and use how is a mainline FE game doing a better job at representing the whole series than 2 FEW games anyway

This is my suspicion. Given that the representative on the mural isn't always the main character and instead seems to be prioritizing female representatives in every case in which one exists except 3H, I think these are all we're getting and they're trying to cover as many bases with them as possible and make sure it's not just a bunch of blue men with swords.

I have a feeling the 12 we already know will definitely be the main ones. I think if we get any more aside from the main 12, they'll be other lords that are in the games. If we're basing it off Heroes, then I think who they consider leads would be very probable, those being (spoilering for length):

Spoiler

Archanea: Caeda and Tiki

Valentia: Alm

Jugdral: Deirdre, Seliph and Julia

Thracia: Nanna (I would also put Finn here personally)

Elibe: Lilina, Eliwood, Hector and Ninian

Magvel: Ephraim

Tellius: Elincia and Sothe

Ylisse: Chrom and Robin

Fates: Azura (I would also add Ryoma and Xander here)

Fodlan: Oddly enough only Byleth was in the leads pool, but I would imagine Edie, Dimitri and Claude would be leads

Also Tsubasa but we ain't seeing TMS lol

I can definitely see some of the above being added if we get more than the main 12 but I can't see them bringing in anyone else if they do give us more than the 12.

Since they've gone out of their way to ensure there is equal representation of men and women, along with weapons types, I do agree with Yexin that we may only get the 12 we've seen.

I'm interested to see if what weapon the unit uses determines what the emblem gives the unit. Like, I just can't see Sigurd as only having lances (And I think we legit see him with Tyrfing in the trailer).

Another element of the number 12 is roster size. The largest deployable roster of the last Fire Emblem game was 12, and it makes sense to have a big finale where all of your guys can equip one of the rings you've been collecting via story progression. 

I would also guess that we're only going to get the 12 that were shown, but I also wouldn't be surprised if some more showed up as part of a DLC at some point. If there are more, then yeah, it's going to be other major characters only. One thing that I do hope for is that there are good options for support characters, specifically for a healer and a dancer. None of the 12 that we know about were really support characters in their original games, though Micaiah could easily be made that way and have it make sense. Celica could have been as well, but doesn't seem to be, from what we saw in the trailer. Having one that makes sense for a Dancer might be harder, though. Azura would probably be the obvious choice there, but doesn't seem to be the route they've taken. 

17 minutes ago, Azz said:

(And I think we legit see him with Tyrfing in the trailer).

yep, that's true, despite the moment when Alfred equips Sigurd's ring shows the latter is currently equipped with a Ridersbane

i hope some Emblems are actually able to wield weapons of different categories just like they do in their original games, so maybe we can see Ike, Celica and Lucina with swords, and maybe even Lyn with bows and Byleth with... anything he can get his hands on?

Edited by Yexin

3 hours ago, Yexin said:

yep, that's true, despite the moment when Alfred equips Sigurd's ring shows the latter is currently equipped with a Ridersbane

i hope some Emblems are actually able to use different weapon categories just like they do in their original games, so maybe we can see Ike, Celica and Lucina with swords, and maybe even Lyn with bows and Byleth with... anything he can get his hands on?

Hopefully. Pretty much every lord bar Marth, Leif (in FE5 at least), Roy and Eirika (also Miccy if you don't count staves) have access to multiple weapons types so hopefully that is shown in Engage. Most of them would be swords unfortunately but would still be cool nonetheless. I would imagine Byleth would be magic since his personal class lets him use magic and also it was a part of his unique special in Three Hopes.

Edited by Azz

I think success will determine a lot here. I do agree with most here, and that in game, the 12 lords shown in the mural will be the only ones available.

But if the game's successful in the long run, they'll milk every dollar they can get by adding new additional Emblems, either individually, in packs or as a season pass.

4 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Uh oh, try asking any Fire Emblem fan who they think the villain of Three Houses was.

Ooh, now that you mention it, that's some chaos I'd love to see xD

4 hours ago, PrincessAlyson said:

Arvis because Sigurd is one of the heroes. I'd also like to see Lyon.

I'd think summoning a villain per Hero would be excessive, but if they chose a few with complex relationships with their counterparts like these two I think things could get very interesting. Imagine Arvis and Sigurd making peace over Belhalla, or Eirika being able to finally save Lyon!!

3 hours ago, Yexin said:

Byleth with... anything he can get his hands on?

If classes are weapon-locked again, he'd probably only be able to use swords, magic and gauntlets - but that's still a ton of variety! I'm interested to know if the weapons the Emblems have used in Heroes' alts are considered canon to them now, since that opens up a ton of possibilities for variety too. Bows for Roy and lances/ tomes for Eirika and Sigurd, for example!

As others have said, I think 12 is a safe number so far and don't want IS to increase quantity in exchange for quality. That said, I think it would be nice if M!Corrin and F!Byleth were available - even if that's in the FEW1 style of one gender being used in the story and the second just in gameplay/ for supports.

Edited by DefyingFates

You mean Emblems? I believe that the heroes you can summon are canonically called Emblems.

Anyway, I didn't look really closely at the mural, so the only ones I know for sure are in the game are Marth, Celica, and Sigurd. It's nice that they're not locked to the main character, but I wonder if only girls can summon girls and guys can summon guys (probably not since I'm sure the fem main character can still summon Marth.) Or, maybe, each character can only summon with 1 ring, and you can't mix and match. I hope that's not the case. I want these things to be equipable, especially if you like an Emblem but not the character who has the ring, or vise-versa.

Okay, squinting at this image of the tapestry, it looks like the ones shown in that ring of characters (counterclockwise) are...

- Marth

- Byleth (M)

- Corrin (F)

- Masked Marth (using a bow)

- Miciah

- Brave Ike from FEH? (The heck?)

- Eirika

- Lyn

- Roy

- Leif

- Sigurd

- Celica

Okay, so one from each "generation." Poor Robin, getting left out like this. Guess (s)he can just sit on the bench with Mark from FE7.

Anyway, the one I'm looking forward to the most is Ike. From a gameplay standpoint, it makes sense to make him the axe guy. From a canon standpoint, I'm amazed they went with a design from FEH. I guess if it's going to show up anywhere it would have been here or in another Warriors game. It'd be nice if we got to play as Ephraim (always preferred him to his sister), Hector, or Sorin. Sothe and Mist would also be fun. That said, I'm not getting my hopes up.

And THAT said, if they give DLC rings sometime, I would absolutely love it if they brought in Alfonse from FEH as part of a collab event, partially because Alear's outfit has that gold Celtic knot design that's in Askran clothing, and both "connect worlds." They're already using a Heroes-specific design with Ike, and FEH even got a song in Smash, so why not?

6 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Uh oh, try asking any Fire Emblem fan who they think the villain of Three Houses was. That's a hornets nest I would not want to poke. 

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Ooh, now that you mention it, that's some chaos I'd love to see xD

The real villains were the friends we made along the way. (This can legitimately be taken many ways. Choose your favorite.)

Edit: Whoops, double post. Was revisiting this thread and forgot that I was the last poster. o.o

Edited by Mercakete

I would say "any characters that aren't the main lord" but I think that ship has sailed already.

However I do wonder about healers. Are they going to be ringless? No main lord aside of Micaiah can use staff and I'm pretty sure she has Thani.

There's obviously going to be DLC Emblem Ring for sure, for the missing lords. 

As for the villain rings, I can already guess each villain. It's either the evil sorcerer or the evil dragon or perhaps some oddballs (Kronya, Black Knight, Ashera)

Priam. He is already a traveler between realms in Awakening, and he only has little vague backstory so he could be fighting in that ancient war the trailer mentioned.

Arthur. Hero of justice and misfortune, the meme practically wrote for itself. He could be the comic relief and fit right in with this modern anime-ish world.

Jake from Marth's game as stand for Engage's Anna.

One or two beasts (Laguz, taguel or kitsune) so that human unit can transform into half-man half beast.

Personally I don't think we are going to get more than the 12 lords, apart from some popular candidates as DLC materials. I doubt anybody can just use the ring, maybe only a few characters in Engage world can summon/fuse with those Emblems.

I really want Ephraim and Alm to be in it because after Fe Warriors didn’t include them I was a little mad. I know there are plenty of people who like Eirika and Celica way better, but I don’t want them to be left out again. Also, I was extremely mad when Ike wasn’t in warriors. I adore Ike, so if you can’t summon him and maybe Micaiah in Engage I’ll be sad. Lyn is probably going to be in it, so maybe they could add Roy boy? They seem to really be pushing Marth, which I don’t have anything against- I love Marth! But… I hope they include the characters that haven’t been in the recent fire emblem games. I want people who have only played three houses and stuff to be able to love the old iconic fire emblem characters like I do.

This may be too much of a meme, but I think it'd be kinda funny to have Mila as a Stand that can use the Turnwheel- That way we have a stand who can stop time, which is definitely a completely original idea that no anime has ever done before.

Then we can have a blonde villain with Duma who can do the same.

Aside from that, I think it'd be neat to see representation from all around the series- Maybe two or three side characters from each game (Not counting 1/3/11/12 as different games), and maybe more for FE4 because of the multiple generations. In terms of characters I'd specifically want to see...

Archanea

• Spoiler

• Gordin. We've gotta get an earlygame archer stand in the game somewhere, and I think there are none better than Mr. Five Points.
    • Gotoh would be a pretty neat stand to get in my opinion; he could be a really powerful mage Stand.
    • Caeda is a fairly prominent character in Archanea, so it only makes sense for her to be there.

I haven't played enough of Valentia to comment

Genealogy Gen 1

• Spoiler

• Arden. In these trying times, we need someone strong and tough.
    • Though he is one of several powerful mages in the series, Lewyn really deserves a spot as a Stand in my opinion. I suppose you could put him in as Forseti instead, though.
    • Arvis is yet another mage, but... Well, turn me 'round and call me fanny if he isn't iconic. Well, within the fanbase, at least.

Genealogy Gen 2

• Spoiler

• Oifey would bring some nice facial hair to the table.
    • Shannan is a pretty major character in FE4, and one that is worthy of a Stand IMO.
    • Er... Maybe Ishtar or something?

Thracia

• Spoiler

• Finn is pretty cool.
    • Shout out to Salem, the first playable Dark Mage in the series. I think he'd be a nice inclusion!
    • Dagdar, maybe? He's a powerful buff axe guy, and we don't have many good ones in this series.
    • Marty as a meme option

Elibe

Spoiler

• We did get some Lilina merch a few days back, so why not?
  • Even though he's not great in the gameplay, Dayan could be a neat inclusion.
  • I don't want to see Heath's hair in 3D graphics, but he is a decent character.

•  

Magvel

• Spoiler

• Amelia or another trainee as a Stand that provides extra experience or something, maybe?
    • Joshua is a neato character and one I consider to be worthy as a stand!
    • L'Arachel is a good option for a healer stand IMO!
    • Fomortiis as an enemy stand

I only played FE10

• Spoiler

• Aran or Devdan/Danved! They're some of the only halberdiers in the series, so I think they're a must-include. Yeah, there's Nephenee as well, but... Well, I personally think someone like Mekkah or Aran would stand out a bit more than a waifu would, considering the game's artstyle.
    • Sothe is also uniquely not a terrible combat unit despite being in the thief line! I think he'd be a good inclusion.
    • Tauroneo as a more genuine armour option over Arden
    • Nailah, maybe? At least one of the Laguz are worthy of a spot, and she's a pretty cool one.

(I haven't played the rest but pls no Camilla)

Fodlan

I honestly don't think Fodlan needs more representation after having its own spinoff, but...

• Spoiler

• Lysithea is a pretty iconic character for her offensive ability, and seems like a decent GD rep. If not her, then it'd probably be Hilda.
    • Dedue as the BL rep would be a neat inclusion for me.
    • Erm... Hanneman? We do need a faculty rep.